Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So what's the deal with ship skins? Are they crystal only or is there ones you can get normally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feller
Jul 5, 2006

The orca skin is bought with amethyst shards which you should have enough of if you win a pvp match.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

super sweet best pal posted:

I really don't like how unbalanced PvP is in this game. Makes me want to uninstall.

Lol at playing an MMO for the PvP primarily.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

I just remember people in chat trying to convince me that 1k gold for 100 crystals a few weeks after the launch is actually absolutely normal, because the ratio in Korea is like 1.5k gold for 100 crystals and we are starting with T3 and so NA/EU is basically the same, and laugh.

person in chat doesn't understand korea had no cap on characters allowed to do abyss dungeons for I think two years. So you had people making 4k PER CHARACTER on 20+ characters every week. Our gold to crystal will probably never hit what they have.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

super sweet best pal posted:

I really don't like how unbalanced PvP is in this game. Makes me want to uninstall.
I don't think people are at the point where class balance matters much on most classes. Positioning, baiting out abilities/outs, not committing or trying to catch people who are perfectly capable of not being caught, not wasting outs/mobility/counter-initiation abilities, teamwork from you to your team, avoiding fights until you start from a position of advantage, convincing people to initiate on you when it's not really in their favor, well timed target switches/paying attention to what all 5 other players are doing, and things like that seem to matter way more for now. And likely always will matter more than class in solo matchmaking unless you're rocking a rock bottom tier class.

I've mostly played Berserker which isn't top tier in pvp right now but isn't bad either. Seems to have the tools to succeed and no huge drawbacks. It's very fun to rope-a-dope sorceress & deathblade players.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 28, 2022

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bronze league is a real clown fiesta of people having weird builds and dying in the dumbest ways. Once you push past it gets better (slightly).

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I wish this is how the normal guardian raids worked. It's fun fighting 3 big ol monsters while moving at turbo speed and doing 11 million damage with every hit

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fuzz posted:

Lol at playing an MMO for the PvP primarily.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
You can do html chat shenanigans here like in New World…

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/tqejk2/someone_has_discovered_how_to_write_big_text_in/

Ppl are getting temp bans for it, just FYI

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Typing <3 makes chat not work. I've been reporting anyone who does it in area chat. Someone kept spamming it after the chaos gate which is kinda funny

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 28, 2022

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

Typing <3 makes chat not work. I've been reporting anyone who does it in area chat. Someone kept spamming it after the chaos gate which is kinda funny

Its really easy to report them too because its the last thing in chat.

I've done it every time I've seen it. Moving to a new zone fixes it most of the time.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Spent all my hoarded coin chests, got my Astray today. With all my saved resources got it to level 7 and was able to buy relic Blackfang, Barakas, and Wilhelm too. Gotta go fast!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Nice! I have everything for it now too but decided not to pull the trigger on the 300k coin item just yet. I’ve already bought the omnium star and giant hearts with coins and should have plenty for the astray but need to double check on what else I may need the coins for first.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Are these legendary maps from the 1302 Chaos Gates worth bidding on? They seem to go for 5-9k when they auction, and that seems like an awful lot for an unknown return.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chaitai posted:

Are these legendary maps from the 1302 Chaos Gates worth bidding on? They seem to go for 5-9k when they auction, and that seems like an awful lot for an unknown return.

Yeah they can be. You don't just do one of them though you get 3 other people together and do all 4 at once and that's where the real money is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1362 item level today, and then the honing rng gods turned their back on me. :p but still! I am so close.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've been quickly losing steam on this since the weekend, just really have no desire to do anything but log in to do the dungeons and raids and try to hone what I can which usually ends in failure.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
yeah they need to add more content for your main to do besides log on, do chaos x2, maybe do guardian x2, do your abyssals once a week, log onto alt

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

There is a metric gently caress load of horizontal content though.

World bosses, chaos gates ect

It’s all stuff that makes your main and roster stronger.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah there is a bunch of stuff to do but I've grown pretty tired of all of it. I primarily enjoyed the dungeons and raids and the gearing up grind while it was somewhat regular but it's slowed to a crawl now so I don't really have that motivation to keep pushing. Game's fun and I had a good time but the collecting and rapport stuff I just can't be bothered with.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
IIRC, there is supposed to be a lot more content to do between 1340 and 1370 that would smooth the progression and keep you doing more interesting things (if more guardians and dungeons are interesting to you), but Amazon decided that post 1370 raids are far more important for some reason.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I enjoyed all the island-hopping that coincidentally got you a bunch of T2 mats, engraving recipes, etc.

But then once you get to T3 you've already done them all and there's no new side content to go explore? What the heck?

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I haven't been honing recently because I've been saving up materials. I heard once you get past 1370 you cannot use the books anymore so I'm just waiting for the books on the event npc to refresh before spending it all on upgrades. The event lasts a month so getting to 1370 too early isn't a good idea because all the books get wasted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lt. Lizard posted:

IIRC, there is supposed to be a lot more content to do between 1340 and 1370 that would smooth the progression and keep you doing more interesting things (if more guardians and dungeons are interesting to you), but Amazon decided that post 1370 raids are far more important for some reason.

They admitted recently this was a huge mistake and they are going to speed up releasing more content to do in between. There are still 75 something islands to release, and a new storyline to release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Item level 1366 :hellyeah:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm a little bit confused about how the gear tripods in t3 work
it looks like the gear started with 2 random tripods, and I can transfer a new one from another piece of gear into the third slot at 100% chance, replacing the other slots has a much lower %. (think there's more nuance to the transfer rates then I initially observed)

The tripods boost the ranks of talents, but I assume they don't have effect if you don't have the talent active, so it's not like you can get both of the rank 10 talents. So is there an easy way to tell which talents I have while looking at the transfer?

e: Oh, looks like you just mouse over this.
e2: Oh, it also looks like I can't stack tripods? Two Lv 1. "Big Ones" doesn't bring that talent to level 3.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 30, 2022

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

it looks like the gear started with 2 random tripods, and I can transfer a new one from another piece of gear into the third slot at 100% chance, replacing the other slots has a much lower %. (think there's more nuance to the transfer rates then I initially observed)

The tripods boost the ranks of talents, but I assume they don't have effect if you don't have the talent active, so it's not like you can get both of the rank 10 talents. So is there an easy way to tell which talents I have while looking at the transfer?

e2: Oh, it also looks like I can't stack tripods? Two Lv 1. "Big Ones" doesn't bring that talent to level 3.

On your skill page on the bottom middle click on the "Settings" button and you can tag what tripods you want to track and it'll put a symbol over gear in your inventory which has that tripod. Also yeah you can't stack tripod bonuses, each tripod will only be affected by the highest bonus you have equipped.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I should have waited for the books. I figured I may as well try one piece see how many tries it would take to get 20-25% chance honing. Get it caught it to the other pieces. Big mistake. All my good honing luck caught up to me and I had the worst luck ever on the dumb shoulders. Took me 9 tries until I hit pity and upgraded it to +13. I hate my life. Honing is bad. Everything sucks.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's not unusual to hit pity on the higher-level honing.

And it's not like just having a book for +10% is going to change that significantly. You're still going to have a lot of fails even with the books.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hit 1370 today! :woop: So that is exciting, but I didn't realize how much of a barrier all of a sudden goes up once you get to that point. You need to do Argos, and the two tier 3 Abyssal Dungeons on Hardmode in order to get the legendary gear necessary to keep honing upwards. The problem with this is that most of the playerbase is not good enough to clear this challenging content. Hell, I am not good enough. Been banging my head against a brick wall getting random groups that simply can't do anything right, other than blame each other for the failure.

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
I can't speak for the hard mode abyss parties, but I got an Argos party in the party finder and we wiped a couple times but enough of us understood the fight to get it done in under an hour.
Granted I'm a gunlancer so a party invite is probably a little easier to secure for me than a regular dps or non support.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Realizing now that there are a ton of mechanics and upgrade paths for characters that I do not understand still.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Realized I have made a lot of bad choices for my Gunslinger, so spent some time tonight trying to fix that. Here is what I have so far:

For Engravings, what else should I be focusing on increasing now? What should I look for in my armor pieces?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Oxyclean posted:

Big thing to know on tripods is that you can copy an armor's tripods and then transfer them to another piece of armor for free, with automatic success and without destroying anything. Limitations are that all of the tripods on the piece are copied exactly (ie you can't switch any out), the items copied to-from must match (ie gloves to gloves, weapon to weapon, etc), and you can only save one set of copyable tripods per slot (one for gloves, one for head, etc). Once you store a set, though, you can copy it to as many items as you'd like until you overwrite it with another set.

It's a good way to save money and get a little more mats early, and later on it means you can perfect your tripod setup and be able to switch armor around without losing your killer tripods.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

I said come in! posted:

Realized I have made a lot of bad choices for my Gunslinger, so spent some time tonight trying to fix that. Here is what I have so far:

For Engravings, what else should I be focusing on increasing now? What should I look for in my armor pieces?

First off you only need lvl 1 peacemaker. Get lv3 hit master instead. Also you have the two worst negative boons so try to get rid of both of those. If you have to take a negative take like defense or move speed (since GS has so much base mobility). That's probably where you should start.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

I said come in! posted:

why do you have almost 600 Dominion :mrwhite:

also attack power AND speed seem kind of rough. There are plenty of other engravings that are probably just as good as Grudge if you can get them clean (Cursed Doll, Hit Master, Keen Blunt, maybe Adrenaline). Afaik you don't need T3 Peacemaker either; that's 10 points you can stick into something like Adrenaline or Cursed Doll but that's a little more marginal.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The biggest thing to remember is that in most cases your secondary stats are more important than engravings.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So, talking of builds, I've been meaning to basically kind of link dump some various resources I've been looking at. Both to share here and also to clean up my tabs a little.

As Cinara said, when looking at equipment, always focus on the secondary stats first. If you come across an item that has the same secondary stat, then you can start looking at engravings on the item. Also, even though I'm just doing solo work, I'm still building my stats and engravings specifically towards the raid igniter build for me sorc as an example. Reflux is the build choice for chaos dungeons, but getting purple of both class engravings are just not as easy to obtain easily. Thus my focus on the primary build then go back to fix my secondary build. That said, lets get started there.

First up, a pair of sites allowing for you to quickly look and see what stats you should be focusing on and also what engravings for the builds in question. This isn't just useful for your personal self, but also for looking at sellable items to know if it is a combination that'll be favored by others on the market.
https://engravingcalculator.netlify.app/builds-list
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1twRDlxLdhvltxLx6iYYxI9pNSDOdRNyZFW_mfDWzmYo/edit#gid=981731037

They offer similar information, just depends on which is more naturally easier for you to read.

I believe this was linked here as well, but had to redo a search to find it again. This is an ability stone calculator. Set the number of nodes and which slot you want higher focus. It'll then use probabilities to determine which slot you should craft next to maximize getting the most pro engravings which the least number of the bads.
https://lostark.meta-game.gg/ability-stone-calculator

For rapport, I've been following this guide. They have a list of who you should focus on first (mainly for their virtue stat rewards) to help you get the other big ones.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jnbsTlaFNmwx8lZfl43yOTV9KtRqzZeHLOtEpLn4h8s/htmlview?pru=AAABfv4W0RM*sJBftlZcnKwY5hCpQSaMoA

You'll notice this is a tabbed document though, and one of the other tabs (the links up top) is for card sets. They list what your starter 6 cards should be and also what the end game 6 cards are. Along with ways to get them. The starter set being easily (relatively speaking) farmable allowing you to trigger their awakenings.

A couple of other notes: The green class engraving books. You get 20 of them around the time to finish up and get your boat. This is not a roster quest, it is a per character set of quests. Thus, you actually miss out on those rewards if you power pass. So I'm currently running a sharpshooter through the start just for the free set of books. I'll power pass past that.

Another thing though and I may be victim to this as well, but I'm unsure. There is apparently a bug with power pass. If you skipped the roster quests in say vern and shushire having hit the "ok, I'm bored now" moment and just blazed the msq only, you may be in trouble. Powerpass has your characters complete all quests through shushire. All of them. You don't get credited rewards for them all, but you do get marked completed. That also includes roster quests. With some of those roster quests supposed to be rewarding you some of that oh so important virtue stat.
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/bye-lost-ark-powerpass-messes-up-your-virtues-so-you-will-never-be-able-to-finish-the-game/301729

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Another thing though and I may be victim to this as well, but I'm unsure. There is apparently a bug with power pass. If you skipped the roster quests in say vern and shushire having hit the "ok, I'm bored now" moment and just blazed the msq only, you may be in trouble. Powerpass has your characters complete all quests through shushire. All of them. You don't get credited rewards for them all, but you do get marked completed. That also includes roster quests. With some of those roster quests supposed to be rewarding you some of that oh so important virtue stat.
https://forums.playlostark.com/t/bye-lost-ark-powerpass-messes-up-your-virtues-so-you-will-never-be-able-to-finish-the-game/301729

Yea this isn't true at all, people on the forums are just morons. You 100% get credit for all power passed quests. I literally saw my virtue stats skyrocket after using my first power pass because I skipped all sidequests when leveling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Estel
May 4, 2010
Yeah, I think the only thing you miss when using the powerpass is some T1 materials and some card packs from quest rewards but you get full roster xp, stats and virtues from all the content the powerpass includes.

There are lots of virtue points in the game and of course most people that have played til sushire are going to have more virtue points that someone who just powerpassed once he got to Vern because the one who played probably has visited islands and done some quests and completed journey quests and achievements. All of that gives virtue points.