Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I preferred project g.e.e.k.e.r.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Ugh I want to get Kirby but the eshop credit card system is undergoing maintenance or something.

Please Nintendo

Let me give you money for this pink little friend

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

earthworm jim 2... a mediocre sequel

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

no way. apart from reusing the puppy bounce minigame too much it's a gem

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

It's funny how S/NESflix has people going back to GameFAQs like it's 1998 again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it has a level wherein there is an impromptu character switch to a blind salamander, forcing you to navigate a strange maze while Moonlight Sonata plays. The level is also interrupted by a random quiz show segment with nonsensical questions/answers. This level is followed by an isometric flying rocket segment. If anything EW2 should not have existed it was so loving weirdly ambitious and surreal

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

it has a level wherein there is an impromptu character switch to a blind salamander, forcing you to navigate a strange maze while Moonlight Sonata plays. The level is also interrupted by a random quiz show segment with nonsensical questions/answers. This level is followed by an isometric flying rocket segment. If anything EW2 should not have existed it was so loving weirdly ambitious and surreal

that sounds unreal

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Tommy Tallarico is a shithead, but goddamn the Lorenzo's Soil theme is just :kiss:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The isometric flying level is also unmitigated horseshit

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, but.... The cows.

The fuckin cows!

This happens after every level you beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC_pbzXn3YM

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Earthworm Jim 2 is better than Earthworm Jim 1, which is better than a kick in the head, which is better than Earthworm Jim 3D

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
God if the entire Interplay catalogue is one of the few things we're going to keep getting on these services that means eventually we're gonna get Clayfighters.

Which isn't so bad but then that means we're gonna get Clayfghters 64 too and that one was like, really bad.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

Earthworm Jim 2 is better than Earthworm Jim 1, which is better than a kick in the head, which is better than Earthworm Jim 3D

And the 90’s cartoon is probably the best thing to come out of that whole franchise

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

Viewtiful Jew posted:

God if the entire Interplay catalogue is one of the few things we're going to keep getting on these services that means eventually we're gonna get Clayfighters.

Which isn't so bad but then that means we're gonna get Clayfghters 64 too and that one was like, really bad.

I don't remember that one, I remember there being a 63 and 1/3rd and it was a blockbuster exclusive

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

EWJ has really cool action figures too

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo put Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut on the service and restore Hobo Cop you fuckin cowards

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I’ve been very slowly playing through XBC1 and enjoying my time with it. I don’t love the combat in the way I think the game wants me to, but the characters and setting are really fun. Then I hit like Chapter 14 and there was so much backtracking and running around a huge map to light up meaningless nodes, through groups of enormous enemies, etc. I just flipped it to Casual Mode at that point and haven’t looked back. Anyway, I’m in chapter 15 and back to enjoying my time with it since I can just focus on the story beats now, but I’m also about ready for it to be over.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The 90's Earthworm Jim cartoon was upper tier

Eh, Freakazoid was better

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Augus posted:

Earthworm jim was always bad and freakazoid is definitely better.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/who-needs-switch-pro-new-dongle-promises-to-instantly-upgrade-switch-to-4k

4K coming to Switch via a dongle... & kickstarter.

The compressed screenshots really sell the idea.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Augus posted:

True.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BxDXNCSjBQ

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not sure the best way to find this info.

My wife and I have separate Switch Lites, and our accounts are linked as a Family Group. We just bought a Big OLED Switch for the living room, is there a way to get both of our purchased games on that Switch? Or do we have to pick one Nintendo account or the other, even though we're in a family group?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Palmtree Panic posted:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/who-needs-switch-pro-new-dongle-promises-to-instantly-upgrade-switch-to-4k

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Palmtree Panic posted:

lol

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Count Thrashula posted:

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm not sure the best way to find this info.

My wife and I have separate Switch Lites, and our accounts are linked as a Family Group. We just bought a Big OLED Switch for the living room, is there a way to get both of our purchased games on that Switch? Or do we have to pick one Nintendo account or the other, even though we're in a family group?

If you both make the OLED switch your primary switch (that is, each of you add your account to it, go into the eshop and under the account settings, set it as primary), you'll be able to play each other's games on it. On your own switch lites, you'll only be able to play your own games when using your account.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

lmao this one gets me every time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

April 29th!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiwjvBSS_Wk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No Wuhu no buy.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Palmtree Panic posted:

waiting for the wife and kids go to sleep before i load up Kirby and push the dongle 3 times

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

WarpDogs posted:

waiting for the wife and kids go to sleep before i load up Kirby and push the dongle 3 times

Someone photoshop this with the Vince McMahon meme thanks

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Loss.jpg too

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

can’t wait for all the Nintendo YouTubers to buy it and convince themselves it looks good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
But does it make the Mario Kart DLC tracks look better?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

How can 4k be real if our eyes aren't real?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Thankful to have recently learned how 4K, in fact, makes things look worse

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

SPAWRTZZZZZZ

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

:tinfoil::five:

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that sounds unreal

He forgot to mention that the maze is also a pinball machine.

I think EWJ1's the better game overall but 2 has some high highlights.

As in the designers were high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I remember being 100% set on getting Triangle Strategy for myself next month, but now I've got my heavy text-based game JRPG between FFX and Disco Elysium, so I'm wondering if Kirby won't be the perfect in between game to freshen up before tackling something else dense and wordy.