Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
PUNK VS MAX 0 0%
LETHAL VS MOX 8 6.35%
GUNNS VS FTX 5 3.97%
BRYAN VS YUTA 92 73.02%
THE VS TONI 2 1.59%
DARBY VS EL IDOLO 19 15.08%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

omg FTR joining a stable with Punk would send Max over the loving edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Someone please get Hanger a F150 Lightning, that teslas gotta go

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
The Jericho Appreciation Society should have done the full curtain mini-game from Super Mario RPG with Eddie Kingston

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

punchdaily posted:

There's a lot to be impressed with FTR about
-can have a match that compliments the opponents style, including some fun comedy matches on Darks.
-Have a clear through-line for their characters that have made all their angles make sense, including leaving a stable and firing a manager, both of which are rare to not feel like a big rug-pull.
-Can work as singles wrestlers, but have made it clear that tag team wrestling is their thing.
-Their theme
-Top Guys

-back shaving

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Just went back and watched Andrade/Darby and noticed a funny detail:

https://twitter.com/JoseAssistant/status/1509195037988605952

Justin Roberts announced Andrade at the updated weight and Andrade gave him a thumbs-up for getting it right

Also, Excalibur DID mention Andrade's new workout, specifically that he now weighed 241

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

coward tony wound't play judas after the end of the jas segment

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Dynamite is a pretty good show and I recommend you guys watch it if not already. My favourite part of the week is when Dynamite starts and my least favourite part of the week is when Dynamite is over.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sandman McMahon posted:

My favourite part of the week is when Dynamite starts

yeah same

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Andrade and Pac should have a feud over who can most resemble the shape of a triangle

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love Daddy Magic Matt Menard's insane weirdo face, and how he keeps it pointed directly at the camera at all times

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Went back and watched dynamite again. My god the Yuta Danielson match is so good. Danielson is at another level. Like I don't know if I've ever seen someone look as unbeatable. And by that I don't mean by booking I mean ability. Like he has this aura of legit fighter and wrestler that only folks like Angle or the shooters of days of old have had.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's been said a bunch already but it's crazy how good Jade has gotten since becoming champion. She's always had obvious potential, but she already feels like a huge deal and not just in a "she'll be a credible opponent for our real champion to beat" kind of way.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jade seemed more credible as champ and a bigger deal than Britt ever did to me.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

explosivo posted:

It's been said a bunch already but it's crazy how good Jade has gotten since becoming champion. She's always had obvious potential, but she already feels like a huge deal and not just in a "she'll be a credible opponent for our real champion to beat" kind of way.

I also really like the storyline with Mark not fully believing in her, and her being unfailingly confident despite it.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i remember like a year ago i saw i super downvoted reddit comment that was like "drat tony khan out here collecting pawgs" idk why i find it so funny, maybe because i also imagine TK collecting actual POGS

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I also really like the storyline with Mark not fully believing in her, and her being unfailingly confident despite it.

I really enjoyed that, too. Smart Mark is great in general, and that was a fun wrinkle to their relationship. He obviously wants Jade to win, but he's perfectly willing to have her go up against jobbers. Jade's getting more confident and wants actual challenges now.

Presumably she's going to bite off more than she can chew pretty soon.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

yo what did i miss the crowd is going nuts for yuta, good poo poo

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Lamuella posted:

Thinking back, and I know it's a show that clashes with Rampage, but I did find myself a little surprise that there wasn't any promotion of Supercard Of Honor.

They had actual graphics promoting it on Dark, so I assume it's a network thing.

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

Ganso Bomb posted:

Larry is pretty fun and I've enjoyed him on Masked Wrestler a bunch. He seems like a guy who has endless charisma and energy.

Unrelated, saw this:
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1509511347129622535

And just started thinking about how fun it'd be to see a stable, even short-lived (even just for a trios tournament) of FTR & Punk managed by Bret. Just three dudes who loving love the Hitman beating everyone's asses.

My first thought seeing this is, "well obviously they/he would fued with the Shawn Michaels disciple Adam Cole", which then makes me wonder whether they'd put the belt on Cole for it.

Don't think it's correct, or even necessary, mind. Just the first thing that popped into my head.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AgostoAllElite/status/1509504123791683588

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

punchdaily posted:

The Jericho Appreciation Society should have done the full curtain mini-game from Super Mario RPG with Eddie Kingston

Lol I NEED this to happen now. Complete with the music while they're doing it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sorry, you're wrong. At least according to the man himself ... :v:

https://twitter.com/MarkSterlingEsq/status/1509531568888430592?s=20&t=SH9qKL366TBEkW3Yfb0tUg

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Toni Storm v Jamie Hayter

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Shard posted:

Went back and watched dynamite again. My god the Yuta Danielson match is so good. Danielson is at another level. Like I don't know if I've ever seen someone look as unbeatable. And by that I don't mean by booking I mean ability. Like he has this aura of legit fighter and wrestler that only folks like Angle or the shooters of days of old have had.

danielson going into murder mode when yuta spit in his face was next level

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

beggar posted:

Someone please get Hanger a F150 Lightning, that teslas gotta go

Are you kidding? Huge bull horns on a truck would be just another dumb country hick thing. Huge bull horns on a loving Tesla is extremely Adam Page poo poo and it's hilarious

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This might sound weird but that's kinda exactly what I figured. That's cool though and Yuta is rapidly climbing my list.

I've liked him for a while, but it's insanely good how they're booking him and pushing him. Yet another great example of AEW creating new stars by letting them have strong showings against highly rated stars.

And holy poo poo that was a good Dynamite. Super hard to pick MOTN and it was just a non-stop show of great moments and good times.

Also hope your dad gets better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Lid posted:

Toni Storm v Jamie Hayter

Guaranteed before the end of the summer. Hopefully sooner than later.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

Like I don't know if I've ever seen someone look as unbeatable. And by that I don't mean by booking I mean ability. Like he has this aura of legit fighter and wrestler that only folks like Angle or the shooters of days of old have had.

I know exactly what you mean and I 100% agree. He constantly looks like he's in perfect control of his body, and when he's grappling with someone he effortlessly controls them as well. I think his facial expressions help a lot as well, that evil and menacing smile he has during his matches. He's just a guy who knows he's really good and enjoys working over people in the ring.

As a Danielson fan I couldn't really be happier about his AEW career.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Very good Dynamite.

Everybody loves the Accliamed. Caster is def getting better. I felt for a long time he seemed slow or hesitant after his suspension, but the raps and the in ring work are steadily improving. Need to see those dudes finally get a big W and get over the hump cause EVERYBODY LOVES THE ACCLAIMED. Bowens is still the better of the two, but I love their buddy dynamic.

Mox/Lethal was fine and good, Lethal being increasingly frustrated and personally hurt that being the best face he can be isn't enough is kinda intriguing.

Jade needs to toss Smart Mark and that'll be fun when it does happen. Double Strap her is still my position. I liked that they actually let Rosa do some talking (it was good and she gets a pop everytime). Nyla with the amazing comeback, she deserves that shine.

Danielson/Yuta was the best match of the night. Best story telling, great action, couple of credible near falls. Can't wait to see Regal finally come down and act like he's gonna smack, but extend the hand instead. That'll be a cool moment.

Redragon can stay but get Cole off my screen. Goofy goblin heels are great, but Cole's poo poo has worn thin as he just gets chumped everytime. I'm very ready for Kenny to come back, take the bucks and get into a feud with the Undisputed Elite. Belt stealing is so dumb to me, so I'm glad that angle didn't last long. I just want Hangman to have something better than repeat bs with Cole to do.

Toni Storm instantly seemed more credible than Soho, and I hate to compare them, but I have and will. Didn't watch her in the fed, but she instantly looked smoother and more credible to me than Soho has, so I look forward to her run in this Hart Tournament. The bunny is fun though, her and Penelope had that fun tag thing, I wouldn't mind more of that.

Andrade hasn't been taken seriously enough, I hope that this match gets him that rub. Darby is a great performer, I'm still not sure what to do with him on the card, but if they keep having him get into fun feuds it'll be fine. I really don't like the modified Family Office thing, they need to rebrand that entire entrance video package for them now that Matt Hardy is out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

another great ep of Dynamite :) put the AEW tag belts back on FTR asap!!!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HoB need to escape this jobber hell with the dork odor though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

HoB need to escape this jobber hell with the dork odor though

rude

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Shard posted:

Jade seemed more credible as champ and a bigger deal than Britt ever did to me.

I think they just went on opposite trajectories. I bought Britt at the start and then her star energy kept going down, meanwhile Jade's been building hers up.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
imagine not wanting to see HoB vs Super Smash Bros

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are you kidding? Huge bull horns on a truck would be just another dumb country hick thing. Huge bull horns on a loving Tesla is extremely Adam Page poo poo and it's hilarious

If you want your world champ to look hilarious, mission accomplished. I prefer to have the world champ look badass, and I think a electric pickup is Cowboy poo poo, but maybe its only Dumb Country Hick poo poo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

beggar posted:

If you want your world champ to look hilarious, mission accomplished. I prefer to have the world champ look badass, and I think a electric pickup is Cowboy poo poo, but maybe its only Dumb Country Hick poo poo

your tastes are in question due to your sports entertainment association!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beggar posted:

Dumb country hick poo poo or "look how authentically country I am when I drive back home to the suburbs" poo poo. Tesla sucks, but putting a comical pair of horns on a tesla is very much in Hangman Page's wheelhouse.

Oddly enough, the coolest vehicle he's driven for AEW so far has been the dark order riding mower.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

beggar posted:

It also probably reads better on TV because you can see that he's driving a Tesla, whereas if it's a pickup truck there's no immediate recognition that it's an electric vehicle.

This also isn't the first time he's rolled up in that thing and I wonder if it's actually his vehicle? I would both be surprised and not be surprised if it was.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

time to do an AEW vehicle tier list, including Sue's Van, Britt Baker's Roll Model, Golf Kart (Stadium Stampede edition), Golf Kart (Kenny Omega Villainous Escape edition), Cowboy poo poo Tesla, Darby's skateboard

and then the tier list will get all hosed up when AEW Games releases a racer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dromal phrenia posted:

time to do an AEW vehicle tier list, including Sue's Van, Britt Baker's Roll Model, Golf Kart (Stadium Stampede edition), Golf Kart (Kenny Omega Villainous Escape edition), Cowboy poo poo Tesla, Darby's skateboard

ftr's classic pickup

i dont think sammys kart made it on tv