Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bonny Jock Lemon posted:

Prime av material

Wish this was the new hard hat Spider-Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Someone needs to edit it and change Gamer to Goon first

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Splint Chesthair posted:

I mean, Batman still lives in his parents’ basement…

Non-Adventures of Wonderella: The Long CON

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 31, 2022

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I can't take Batman seriously anymore. Give me campy Batman instead.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Batman doesn't know what sex is and if you tried to explain it to him he would cry.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Libra posted:

Batman doesn't know what sex is and if you tried to explain it to him he would cry.

I think it's canon he had sex with Black Canary outside in the rain and they kept their masks on because it was hotter that way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
black canary doesn't wear a mask

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Oh no what did I do to my ward?!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

black canary doesn't wear a mask
Some of her costumes included a black domino mask

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Libra posted:

So in his 20's when Bruce Wayne was traveling around the world, there was a week* where he had to not only learn how to sex, but he had to master it. He had to become a Master of Sex, because otherwise, when he would try and end all crime ever, what if a scenario came up where an immortal ninja man had a bunch of nuclear bombs and was prepared to blow up the Earth. And the only way to stop him was to seduce his hawt daughter and give her a deep dicking. Such a good dicking that she decides to give him the keys to disarm all the nuclear bombs. If that one specific scenario happened and he was bad at sex? The world would suffer.
So that's why he has to learn how to sex and to be the best at it.

* = The one week thing is my favourite part of Batman lore.
Basically it's pretty much established cannon that when Bruce Wayne left Gotham as a young man, he traveled the world and became the Best at stuff. But DC has him know so many disciplines (chemistry, forensics, stalking, sword fighting) that if you try and do even basic maths it goes to ludicrous levels. I saw someone do this back in my early Internet forum days.
Batman is supposed to be a master of all forms of Martial Arts, which back in the early 2000's there were about 126 forms of martial arts. (Now the number is closer to 170.)
Which if you break it down assuming Bruce spent ages 22 to 28 traveling the world, means that he would have had to find a Martial Arts master, convince them to take him on as their student, learn everything even their most secret special moves and super arts and not tell anyone. Just in case. And that adds up to about one Martial Art every week. For about four years when you factor in travel time and finding the person etc...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #100 (1970)

Spider-Man Unlimited #19 (1998)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, it's his Spider-Signal. I thought at first he was no-selling an energy blast to the balls.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dareon posted:

I'm personally aware of Superman meets the Nestle Quik Rabbit, Archie Meets The Punisher (And one in the other direction), and Punisher & Eminem.

Superman teaming up with a bunch of kids and their TSR80 is the first one I remember, but I positive it's not the actual first.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I own a Stan Lee autographed copy of this bad boy, which involves Spider Man and the Hulk destroying a library, getting shot at by cops, and then peacing out for an Ohio newspaper.

They then fought again in Kansas city with Kraven the Hunter in a department store for a Kansas City newspaper.

as well as Sandman in Dallas

Chicago

and Austin

What the hell Spider man and Hulk? Why did you never stop The Vulture from stealing all the Crab Cakes in Nantucket when I was a kid?

Kalli fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 31, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Kraven going for a suicide by Hulk solution there

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Nah, it looks like he's got a pretty solid strategy. If cartoons have taught me anything it's that even the most powerful superheroes are weak to nets.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darthemed posted:

House of Secrets #37 (1960)

Pronto is a weird name for an American woman in 1960.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
In whitest breast or darkest thigh,

no combo meal shall escape my eye.

Two sides, a bucket out tonight

11 herbs and spices, Colonel Corps Might!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Libra posted:

Nah, it looks like he's got a pretty solid strategy. If cartoons have taught me anything it's that even the most powerful superheroes are weak to nets.

That net has balls on it, Hulk is hosed

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Lobok posted:

Oh, it's his Spider-Signal. I thought at first he was no-selling an energy blast to the balls.

No, that's an energy blast *from* his crotch.

Radiations is stored in the balls, ask MJ.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Final Fantasy IV wasn't released as Final Fantasy IV in North America until 2001, so the fact that Peter circa 1998 knows it isn't Final Fantasy II means he reads some real dweeb message boards and probably has explored early SNES emulators.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Android Blues posted:

Final Fantasy IV wasn't released as Final Fantasy IV in North America until 2001, so the fact that Peter circa 1998 knows it isn't Final Fantasy II means he reads some real dweeb message boards and probably has explored early SNES emulators.

Peter Parker got banned by Lowtax in a fit of pique in 2005 and never came back his $10 were too precious.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Peter would absolutely rereg but change nothing about his posting style, and would answer to his old username

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Android Blues posted:

Or he's even less informed and thinks the sequel to 6, which was released as "3" in the US, is out. Which would match up with his weird statement about "getting the last screen" in it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Peter would absolutely rereg but change nothing about his posting style, and would answer to his old username

LOWTAX! YOU CAN'T BAN MEEE! I'LL SHITPOST UNTIL THE END OF THE FORUMS!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

PERMABAN | 3/31/2022 05:02 PM | Hornet_on_Main | Permabanned user Peterparker69. You've gotta stop doing this man. | 5th of Jameson | 5th of Jameson

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
im permabanned poster peterparker69. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "great responsibility" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "how do i shot web" and "does whatever a spider can" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically spider sense. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of fyad humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" fyad to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to getting hit in the head with falling bricks. peace.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

How Wonderful! posted:

PERMABAN | 3/31/2022 05:02 PM | Hornet_on_Main | Permabanned user Peterparker69. You've gotta stop doing this man. | 5th of Jameson | 5th of Jameson

the 5th of Jameson is inspired

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean we saw Why Spiderhyphenman was banned

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

site posted:

I'm wondering how long it took to come up with "Hornet on Main"

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

...and just remember, ALL CAPS when you spell the man name

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

site posted:

tbh kinda wanna steal it but I'd need a 180x180 version of the screaming Jonah head av

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

I just love Arjuna peeking out from behind Krishna in the last panel there!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I'm wondering how long it took to come up with "Hornet on Main"

To be honest the hardest part was remembering the names of the Slingers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They've been appearing in Amazing Spider-Man lately and I'm not sure the writers even remember.

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
I've been reading through the original run of 2099 books and they're all pretty bad, but Punisher 2099 is something else.

Punisher 2099 #9 (1993)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Forum accident posted:

I've been reading through the original run of 2099 books and they're all pretty bad, but Punisher 2099 is something else.

Punisher 2099 #9 (1993)

Punisher would be so much better if he was written only like this.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Is that guy wearing a graphic tee featuring the cover of the comic it's in? That rules

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Look at the saddest sack in the back, indoor baseball cap backwards to protect from sick burns about his mustache

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ah so he's not a real doctor. (No actual doctor's full title is "doctor".)