Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1507660042740563968?s=20&t=lfe4SwqKOy6WikhE0Y6qBA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The bodyguard is...Ami Miura from AWG. Definitely never someone I would have predicted.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
It was the obvious choice I thought: Stardom recruit very heavily from there; she hadn't really announced anything (although tbf she was injured) and to bring someone in as a bodyguard they need to be somewhat imposing and tall; and Ami is certainly the latter. There weren't really any other options; I saw a few people speculating Reika Saiki but that's been done to death and she announced her retirement today anyway; anyone else that fits the image I had was busy or wouldn't work Stardom.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

If Stardom were an American company Mayu would be turning heel tomorrow. Giulia and Syuri kill each other and she walks into tomorrow completely fresh having been in the fun Kairi return match.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Stall_19 posted:

If Stardom were an American company Mayu would be turning heel tomorrow. Giulia and Syuri kill each other and she walks into tomorrow completely fresh having been in the fun Kairi return match.

It would also only get like five minutes and smashed between two recaps of a segment that happened an hour ago. Also of those five minutes, three are dedicated to commercials.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/arisa__nakajima/status/1507564306312794112?s=20&t=0YiAPTEOTPJ_xSqGN5Ng6g

Next SEAdLINNNG card is up. Looks fun as always.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wonder who Chris would root for in a theoretic Mei Suruga vs Mei Saint-Michel match

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

A draw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kairi coming back is whatever. Its cool, I'm glad she's happy doing what she loves tho.

Nodoka Tenma retiring out hit me in the feels. I went back and looked over her match history. I'd sat through he entire wrestling career, which is wild. I will miss her and I hope she sells lots of rices.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Nodoka has been one of my TJPW faves for ages. Way back in the day the Oneesan gimmick didn't really hit any with the international fanbase so it just sort of ignored her (understandable when you've got Maki Itoh, Maho Kurone, and to a lesser extent Hyper Misao in similar positions). But my kid hit the age to watch the specific NHK shows she was riffing on at the same time I started watching TJPW so it just clicked for me; seeing basically TJPW's Tomohiro Ishii playing that part was incredible. Following her over the years, it's been great to watch her and Yuki move up and start shoulder-tackling together and commission all the amazing 90s anime theme song-rear end entrance themes they've always dreamed of. Gonna miss her real bad.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

2,712 for night one of Stardom Sumo Hall and 3,085 for night two. Both days beating the DDT Sumo Hall show last week. Heck those numbers beat the respective NJPW Osaka Jo Hall shows that were happening at the same time. Granted you're talking about Tokyo versus Osaka. Big success.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

The Apple Girl is a draw, brother

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
KAIRI apparently suffered a ruptured eardrum during her match with SLK earlier. No idea how long she will be out for, or if she will even miss any time.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Murder Nurse is going to die so soon into her career

https://mobile.twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1508465899669389316

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool, Saki Akai in TJPW. Didn't realise she ever wrestled there :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

she used to, but she hasn't really been around in a few years, 2015 I think?

she just kinda vanished and then a weird tall lady in an iron mask showed up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Saki Akai vs Sakisama dream match in the making :pray:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Julia against Miyu?

Well I guess if you murder your rookies early on, they can never leave or retire.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity posted:

She wrestled in the Wrestle Princess 1 MOTN, the Fans bring the Rules match!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Stall_19 posted:

2,712 for night one of Stardom Sumo Hall and 3,085 for night two. Both days beating the DDT Sumo Hall show last week. Heck those numbers beat the respective NJPW Osaka Jo Hall shows that were happening at the same time. Granted you're talking about Tokyo versus Osaka. Big success.

They are making a good claim to being the second biggest promotion in Japan at the box office

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://youtu.be/3-pU030k8rY?t=162

Man look at those tears streaming down Suzu's face during that promo. The promo is basically This isn't over, I'm not going away but she sold the heck out of it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Julia against Miyu?

Well I guess if you murder your rookies early on, they can never leave or retire.

Juria's gonna eat a kick and be like the Yakuza game dudes when they learn a new move.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

Juria's gonna eat a kick and be like the Yakuza game dudes when they learn a new move.

If she pulls out her phone and starts frantically tapping out a blogpost, they've made a fan for life.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1508773740762607618

crossposting here too

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Might have to see that show just for her and Emi who is also working that show.

Some things out of the Stardom Cinderella Tournament press conference today: the main one is that Ami Miura has a new name (Ami Sourei; which apparently translates to "Big and Beautiful") and has entered the Cinderella Tournament has entrant 31 facing Syuri in round 1. This meant that Syuri's match against the winner of Himeka and Ruaka (so Himeka) is now off the first show on the 4th April; and that will now be main evented by Syuri vs Ami. Stardom tend to be very transparent on pushes and I suspect debuting against the World Champion in the main event of a fairly big show (its live on Samurai TV!) is an indication of what they think about her. On the Observer board Sonny was posting a lot about how Rossy likes tall people and that's very apparently when you look at the people that have been signed and the people pushed most. I like Ami and she was the best of the 2020 AWG class by far so I'm glad they don't seem to be just sticking her in the Future of Stardom stuff with Waka and Mai.

Also Utami and Tam are being weird about each other again but they've done that before.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tam is always weird. She made me pretend to be a salaryman once. I’m not even sure what that entailed since she didn’t give me a boot to lick.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Utamu Nakanoshishita is a laugh riot

(25:53 if the timestamp doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3dz2yplQ54

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 30, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So there was apparently an Assemble show earlier this month?

https://ameblo.jp/joshi-puroresu-magazine/entry-12734492637.html

Worth looking at that just for the pictures of everyone with Yumiko Hotta's dog. It took place at an amusement park just outside the Greater Tokyo conurbation.

Card was
Marvelous
Ai Houzan & Takumi Iroha vs Maria & Rin Kadokura
Sendai Girls
Team 200kg vs DASH Chisako & Yurika Oka
Wave vs Pure J
Nagisa Nozaki & Sakura Hirota vs Crea & Hanako Nakamori
SEAdLINNNG vs T-Hearts
Arisa Nakajima & Riko Kaiju vs Riko Kawahata & Yumiko Hotta

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling is going to be going up on IWTV:

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1509561600604352519?t=ZF3Fm4x-pdVqGDcbTEX3zQ&s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Five shows already available

Wrestlemarinepiad 1989:
Etsuko Mita and Toshiyo Yamada vs Manami Toyota and Mima Shimoda
Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi vs Texas and Tiffany
Bull Nakano vs. Yumi Ogura in a double jeopardy match
Itsuki Yamazaki vs. Noriyo Tateno in a double jeopardy match
Beastie The Road Warrior, Big Bad Mama and Leilani Kai vs. Reibun Amada, Suzuka Minami and Yumiko Hotta
Akira Hokuto and Mitsuko Nishiwaki vs. the Crush Gals (Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka)
Bull Nakano, Itsuki Yamazaki, Lioness Asuka, Noriyo Tateno, Suzuka Minami, Yumiko Hotta & Yumi Ogura vs. Chigusa Nagayo in Nagayo's retirement series match
30 Man Two Ring Battle Royal
Lioness Asuka defends the WWWA title against Madusa Miceli

June 17 1990:
Madusa Miceli vs. Noriyo Tateno in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
Yumiko Hotta vs. Grizzly Iwamoto in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
Akira Hokuto vs. Manami Toyota in a first-round match of the Japan Grand Prix 1990
Japan Grand Prix 1990 semifinals matches
Japan Grand Prix 1990 finals
Aja Kong defends the All Pacific title against Suzuka Minami

July 21 1990:
Sakie Hasegawa vs. Mayumi Yamamoto
Etsuko Mita, Kaoru Ito and Mima Shimoda vs. Kyoko Inoue, Mariko Yoshida and Miori Kamiya
Esther Moreno, Honey Wings (Kaoru Maeda & Mika Takahashi) and Mitsuko Nishiwaki vs. Bison Kimura, Grizzly Iwamoto, Hyper Cat and La Diabolica
Eriko Yoshinaga vs. Akemi Torisu
Akira Hokuto and Suzuka Minami vs. Noriyo Tateno and Yumiko Hotta
Aja Kong vs. Madusa Miceli in a martial-arts street fight
Bull Nakano defends the WWWA title against Manami Toyota

Survival Shout in Korakuen:
Etsuko Mita vs. Miori Kamiya
Kaoru Ito vs. Sakie Hasegawa
Bulldog KT and Coolie SZ vs. Masa Michinoku and Monkey Magic Wakita
Esther Moreno, Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi vs. Hyper Cat, Kyoko Inoue and La Diabolica
Mima Shimoda vs. Yumiko Hotta in a boxing match
Madusa Miceli and Noriyo Tateno vs. Mitsuko Nishiwaki and Suzuka Minami
Akira Hokuto vs. Manami Toyota
Bull Nakano and Grizzly Iwamoto vs. Jungle Jack (Aja Kong and Bison Kimura)

Wrestlemarinepiad 1990:
Kaoru Maeda and Mika Takahashi defend the Japanese tag titles against Etsuko Mita and Mima Shimoda
Kaoru Ito vs. Bat Yoshinaga
Esther Moreno, Noriyo Tateno, Takako Inoue and Xochitl Hamada vs. Hyper Cat, La Diabolica, Mayumi Yamamoto and Miori Kamiya in an elimination tag match
Mariko Yoshida and Yumiko Hotta vs. Bison Kimura and Madusa Miceli
UWA World Trios Title Match
Los Brazos (Brazo de Oro, Brazo de Plata & El Brazo) defend the UWA trios titles against Gran Hamada, Kendo and Yoshihiro Asai
WWWA Tag Team Title Best Two Out Of Three Falls Match
Akira Hokuto and Suzuka Minami defend the WWWA tag titles against Kyoko Inoue and Manami Toyota in a 2-of-3 falls match
Bull Nakano defends the WWWA title against Aja Kong in a cage match

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I can watch that leg drop off the cage in high def? Hard to justify not having IWTV at this moment

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh gently caress yeah time to watch hours of Aja Kong and Bull Nakano beating the absolute dog piss out of people

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
More Akira Hokuto v Manami Toyota matches!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1508458407325728771

very important

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Bull Nakano and Grizzly Iwamoto vs. Jungle Jack

bah gawd excalibur :bahgawd:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
https://twitter.com/ThePtSan/status/1508893431589912579

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
New Up Up Girl incoming: