Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Finally, my allegiance to Nymeia will pay off when she allows me to skip RNG mechanics-

Hahaha no we're gonna spin Nymeia's wheel of fortune together buddy :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Preemptively blaming all my deaths in the raid on Nymeia.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nophica will add a butt slider in character creation

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Something something Menphina.

Do any of those demographics surveys keep information on patron saint? It'd be interested who people pick most vs. just clicking the first and getting through to character customization.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Consummate Professional posted:

It would be really nice if some combos could be consolidated like in PVP.

I really wish I could write macros to consolidate my SAM combo. I could reclaim 2-3 hotbar buttons if macros could dynamically change what skill they used based on what combo action is ready.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

No love for Llymlaen the Navigator here, I see. :(

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Warmachine posted:

I really wish I could write macros to consolidate my SAM combo. I could reclaim 2-3 hotbar buttons if macros could dynamically change what skill they used based on what combo action is ready.

Are you on PC? If so use the XIVCombo plugin from Dalamud.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Something something Menphina.

Do any of those demographics surveys keep information on patron saint? It'd be interested who people pick most vs. just clicking the first and getting through to character customization.
yup

https://luckybancho.ldblog.jp/wsurvey_en.htm?world=Global

global stats, but you can filter down to world

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Menphina 13.7%
Rhalgr 13.1%
Halone 12.6%
Azeyma 12.5%
Oschon 7.3%
Althyk 7.1%
Nymeia 7%
Thaliak 6.5%
Llymlaen 5.8%
Nophica 5.3%
Nald'thal 4.7%
Byregot 4.6%

And there it is. Not exactly what I would have expected, but some of it's not too far off.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I'm kinda surprised there isn't a much bigger default effect.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah. There is for birth-date, where the first option is twice that of the rest, which are pretty similar.

I can't remember who the default guardian is, I think Halone, but she's neither the highest, nor unexpectedly high.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I'm a bit surprised there's that broad of a range. I'd think it would be closer to an even distribution, assuming most people would pick one at random or go with their own birth month equivalent.

Anyway, looking forward to the mechanic where Azeyma banishes me to the beach dimension to work on my tan.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Warmachine posted:

there's a third party plugin for that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Every dork like me wants to be the destroyer, so not at all surprising to me that a game filled with dorks like me that it's the second highest patron.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Mr. Nice! posted:

Every dork like me wants to be the destroyer, so not at all surprising to me that a game filled with dorks like me that it's the second highest patron.

Yeah.

In NA, Rhalgar is the highest, Halone still third, and neither surprise me because those are the two that could front a metal band.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It seems like they're adding that function (combining combos into a single button) natively in 6.1 based upon that yoshi p interview.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm Oschon, and I'm fine with it not really mattering unless you want to spice up the lore.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Good. Next they should just give the 1 2 3 combo all at the same time rather than wasting 3 early game ability slots on it. That would free up space to give an AoE attack to melee before the 40s.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I think it's cute that your patron saint stone appears on the wall with your partner's when you get married

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The interview doesn't say anything about consolidating combos specifically. It can refer to the other job actions like they've been consolidating slowly anyways.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Controller has way more convenient buttons than keyboard, it's just that the settings to get it all up and running are buried deep in menus and the only one on by default (hotbar swapping) is by far the worst one

It's not a problem of too many buttons, for controller at least; it's a problem of bad UI and tutorialization for how to properly use the controller in this game

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Controller has way more convenient buttons than keyboard, it's just that the settings to get it all up and running are buried deep in menus and the only one on by default (hotbar swapping) is by far the worst one

It's not a problem of too many buttons, for controller at least; it's a problem of bad UI and tutorialization for how to properly use the controller in this game

this

on controller ive never felt like i was squeezed for buttons after i enabled L2+R2 and double tap R2 or L2 to go to different bars

heck id say i usually end up with ~10 unmapped options after i find a comfy setup for the job/role actions + limit break and sprint

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The interview doesn't say anything about consolidating combos specifically. It can refer to the other job actions like they've been consolidating slowly anyways.

my suspicion is that buff-based combos like drg's fang and claw/wheeling thrust are getting boiled down, to keep in line with changes like gnb's 2nd combo. maybe rdm's melee.

my hope is that melee job's aoe rotations get boiled down too

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is there any reason that Flourishing Starfall can't be put on the same button as Devilment? Last i checked there wasn't an option for it in XIVCombo and i couldn't figure out a good reason why.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I know there are a lot of people strongly opposed to the combo plugin, here and most everywhere else the game is talked about it seems. I agree that rollout would be surprising and this is probably a weird translation of some weaker measure

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Maybe more like continuation where one button is the followup attack for both the combo and the spender followup.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Maybe they’re just talking about combining Minor Arcana Draw and Minor Arcana Play again like they should have been to begin with. :argh:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I went with Byregot, and then ended up getting really into crafting so that worked out I guess!

Would be pretty cool if he made all my blue gear suddenly HQ, at least for the fight

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I will be extremely shocked if it's more than just merging a few redundant buttons around on some classes, which is a good thing mind you, but it would fly against everything they've said about encounter design to just reduce every class to hitting 1 and 2 over and over.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The only time I've ever had trouble on controller is when a boss is too big, something about targeting gets funky. Ozma is a boss I always have trouble targeting for some reason, just pressing A normally selects something else.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

byregot gang

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Zoom out and look up, you have to see the top of the enemy where the nameplate is. That's what was giving me so much trouble for the first month.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

YggiDee posted:

Zoom out and look up, you have to see the top of the enemy where the nameplate is. That's what was giving me so much trouble for the first month.

Yuup. In open world I play with my camera like behind the shoulder, but in combat you gotta see the name to target.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Someone many many many pages ago gave the suggestion like the arena would have the symbols of the twelve on the floor, and a mechanic would require you to stand on your patron twelve's area.

I always liked that

Awesome! posted:

*stand on the symbol of your patron diety or die!*

every single person dies

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

I would like to see them do something about draw/play and minor arcana/crown play, but I think I know why those moves are divided into separate buttons and it may not be so easy to fix.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Awesome! posted:

*stand on the symbol of your patron diety or die!*

every single person dies

That’s easy tho. My patron is Oschon the Wanderer, and his symbol is a walking stick. Pretty much all of their symbols are obvious if you know their titles and themes.

Which is ofc a lot to ask of most players. :v:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ishikawa wrote Criminal Girls?!?! lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/tt5n1t/a_small_look_into_the_japanese_development_scene/

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Klewer posted:

I would like to see them do something about draw/play and minor arcana/crown play, but I think I know why those moves are divided into separate buttons and it may not be so easy to fix.

Nah, it makes no sense. Undraw should also go away because it’s a trap.

Ultimately, they should prolly just rework minor arcana because it’s lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol confirmed she is the second of two credited writers