Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

canyoneer posted:

The near-east antiquity "turn your dress into a romper when you need to throw down or do manual labor" will never not make me smile.

Presumably you pull the khopesh out of your rear end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Hey, did you know that the reason grass lawns are a symbol of prosperity is because they used to require lots of labor to maintain with scythes? Only the richest could afford groundskeepers on that scale!

Remember, a lawn is a symbol of inequality, and the tradition of maintaining one is rooted in aspirations of nobility.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Like an auto mechanic that keeps sneaking gravel into your engine oil to keep you coming back, sheep poo poo on your lawn to make it grow faster. They do this purposely, out of spite.

Instant jellyfish will certify

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
lawn Chat:

One of the best things I've read

https://www.reddit.com/r/AmItheAssh...tm_source=share

gently caress lawns.
gently caress landlords.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Tricky Ed posted:

Hey, did you know that the reason grass lawns are a symbol of prosperity is because they used to require lots of labor to maintain with scythes? Only the richest could afford groundskeepers on that scale!

Remember, a lawn is a symbol of inequality, and the tradition of maintaining one is rooted in aspirations of nobility.

Checkmate m'lords & ladies, I never need to mow my front camaro on cinderblocks

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DandyLion posted:

Checkmate m'lords & ladies, I never need to mow my front camaro on cinderblocks

Just because you don't doesn't mean you don't need to

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tricky Ed posted:

Lawns were maintained by sheep or goats or whatever, though. That's why old cemeteries have those low wrought-iron fences around graves. They're to keep the animals from eating the flowers. (You'll also see them in other old parks, around flowerbeds, of course.)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Alright, if grass sucks, what's my northern European alternative that's actually comfy to lie down on in the summer? I will not be sleeping on mint.

Bees are a plus

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They should bring back thyme lawns.

Get that lawn hella purp.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BonHair posted:

Alright, if grass sucks, what's my northern European alternative that's actually comfy to lie down on in the summer? I will not be sleeping on mint.

Bees are a plus

Have you tried a lawn chair?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

They should bring back thyme lawns.

I agree. It’s … time

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Have you tried a lawn chair?

How am i going to fill my hair with bugs that way? I will be relegated to mere drifting spiders living in there instead of the full ecosystem of beetles and pillbugs.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

venus de lmao posted:

people itt genuinely not understanding that no, it's not that the blade needs to be sharpened, it's that reel mowers actually loving suck

people it genuinely not understanding that push mower and reel mower aren't synonyms.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I will never tell anyone to touch grass. Looks like it just makes things worse.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Thank god I’m not terminally online enough to understand this, because it cannot be good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Why would you lie down on grass in a climate suited for trellised vines, stone footpaths, and ornate iron seating?

Flat monoculture lawns are for peasants. Treat yourself like a king.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

OwlFancier posted:

Presumably you pull the khopesh out of your rear end?

The curve of the blade follows the curve of the buttcheeks

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mossy grass is very comfortable. I think the better question honestly is why do people not sculpt the ground into chairs and then upholster them in moss?

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

OwlFancier posted:

Mossy grass is very comfortable. I think the better question honestly is why do people not sculpt the ground into chairs and then upholster them in moss?

You don't? What did you think lawns were for?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My landlords have basically let the back yard of our house go wild for the last 6 or 7 years but it was formerly a nicely manicured little landscape and in the spring it really busts out and feels like a private little green oasis in the middle of town for a bit. It's quite nice

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Phosphine posted:

You don't? What did you think lawns were for?

legit I got a place with a yard because I wanted a dog and I wanted that dog to be able to run without my supervision.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

How am i going to fill my hair with bugs that way? I will be relegated to mere drifting spiders living in there instead of the full ecosystem of beetles and pillbugs.

Just do what I do and pick up bugs with your hands and put them in your hair?

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

BonHair posted:

Bees are a plus

Clover would work. Doesn't grow very tall, is soft, flowers for bees, and enriches the soil.

Grass sucks. It gets all woody and scratchy. I've never found it comfortable to lie on.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think there are mosses that can do soft direct sunlight if there's enough watet

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

flavor.flv posted:

Just plant $2 worth of mint and wait

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Mint is forever. Mint is a conquerer. My wife didn’t believe me until we casually planted a mint bed and never gave it another minute of upkeep.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

flavor.flv posted:

Jerry Siegel actually included in the Superman writing bible that he should never try to tackle economic problems like that. It makes sense, when the character was created people were still suffering the direct repurcussions of the great depression.

I'm on mobile right now or I'd add some links, just google superman rule 34 inflation

that is interesting

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

synergy w Flork of Cows today

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

freeedr posted:

Mint is forever. Mint is a conquerer. My wife didn’t believe me until we casually planted a mint bed and never gave it another minute of upkeep.

Plant morning glories and watch them beautifully fight it out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think I could out compete mint if you gave me limitless vinegar, rum, and sugar.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
California poppies will give them a run for their money.

Plant one and you'll have a loving meadow in 2 years.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The Anime Liker posted:

Plant morning glories

I've planted a few of them

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

dril is the GOAT. He represents the best in all of us.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

https://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2305

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I remember seeing a response to this with this very cringe poo poo That Totally Really Definitely Happened story of someone who said this. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BonHair posted:

Bees are a plus

If I have learned six things from the Narnia books, the sixth is that heather is the best bedding