Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Could be like bonfire night where the bairns do a whip round for the effigy and then you all get together and bury it and then piss on the grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

continuing Tory attempts to turn us into North Korea https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1509460820132077568

I'm fine with an 'I'm glad she's dead' day, tbqh.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Don't we already celebrate her death day every year?

E;fb

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tesseraction posted:

continuing Tory attempts to turn us into North Korea https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1509460820132077568

Have you see the length of the queues at her grave? I can't hold my piss that long.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Don't we already celebrate her death day every year?

E;fb

Next Friday is 9 years :toot:

Next year this thread should setup a charity drive to celebrate 10 years of dead Thatcher. Whatever cause is selected must be something she'd absolutely hate.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Is her statue going to be erected in Grantham in time?

In other unrelated news, how far can you catapult a small balloon containing paint or faeces?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Spalec posted:

Next year this thread should setup a charity drive to celebrate 10 years of dead Thatcher. Whatever cause is selected must be something she'd absolutely hate.

Lil tins of anniversary fudge

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

In France the deal was something like every contract had to be cancelled by sending a paper letter to somebody in Paris who replied to confirm it. I dunno something like that.

As jedit says as long as theres proof you cancelled and paid. But then they gently caress you over anyway and there's nothing you can do. I'm not just a number.

My "Not Just A Number" t-shirt etc. etc.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Huh. In an effort to save energy, as it was nice and blowy, I hung my washing on the line an hour ago instead of bunging it in the communal drier. Now I had to get it in as it pelted down with sloppy wet snow and shove it in the drier anyway - wetter than when it came out the machine.

On the positive note, I managed to crack the supervisor code for the machines in our mini communal laundry (most of us don't have room for our own washing machines in our titchy flats) and set up 'eco' washes with 20 and 25C wash temperatures. Now I just have to write instructions on how to find those programmes as I haven't figured out how to store them in the 4 programme buttons! (Already had to email Miele to find out how to save the programmes! It's easy when you know how - I didn't.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Could be like bonfire night where the bairns do a whip round for the effigy and then you all get together and bury it and then piss on the grave.
Don we now our gay-is-a-threat-to-children apparel

Spalec posted:

Stonewall? Mermaids? Yorkshire Miners' Welfare Trust?

Foyle Search and Rescue

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

But we already have a bonfire night?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Civil service pay remit is out. 2-3%.
It looks like my lot (UKRI) are aiming for 1.8%.

MPs got 2.7%....

Hopefully we can get people to strike this time. Or all the unions do some form of group work.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Tesseraction posted:

How does one piss on an entire day?

Asking for a friend, obvs.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1509576412033957890

:allears:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

yes yes very upsetting

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
New type of wife guy just dropped

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Oh gently caress off Rishi you oval office.

Also if anyone is interested, Manic Street Preachers live at a very small venue in Cardiff (Clwb Ifor Bach) is about to start on Radio 6. Not for everyone but I figure there must be some dad music fans here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Also if anyone is interested, Manic Street Preachers live at a very small venue in Cardiff

Initially just read this bit and wondered why, you would think they could at least afford a place each.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Initially just read this bit and wondered why, you would think they could at least afford a place each.

Housing bubble is loving insane man.

Jokes aside, I see that The Leadmill in Sheffield is getting kicked out in 12 months by their landlord. We sure loving love destroying the grassroots music venues for short-term profit.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 31, 2022

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
No art, only production.

Why is nobody inspired to produce anything?

Better automate it instead.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i heard keith warbling on the radio at lunchtime and it sounds like he's had another 3-word relaunch?

is anyone keeping track of these?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Byelection or something and he apparently has to "earn every vote" which is either tautological or wrong depending on how you look at it. Also raises the prospect of the un-earned vote and whether earned votes should be worth more than un-earned ones.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I wonder which long dead fascist party these three will be from. Has he done Arrow Cross yet?

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Voters aren't interested in my security, prosperity, respect branding!

They aren't interested in job security and prosperous wages?

We don't mean that.

Then they aren't interested in respecting people's decisions about their own bodies?

We don't mean that either.

Then what do you mean by security, prosperity and respect?

Oh, you know...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
wruwruuuggh snup cruckle and pohp fow the brutush puple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Security means national security, so increased police and military spending. Prosperity means that everything the government does must be in service to The Supreme Number (FTSE 100 Index), and Respect means "Respect your betters, you loving plebs, you'll get what we give you and like it. We're in charge now.".

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

The new Three Word Slogan (presumably to be changed instead of changing lives) is On Your Side which is demonstrably false for the majority of people

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

No art, only production.

Why is nobody inspired to produce anything?

Better automate it instead.

It's what's so loving frustrating, music is one of the few industries Britain actually does punch above its weight in. Some of the biggest recording artists in history are British & unless a band is manufactured on reality TV they have to start somewhere, and places just keep getting shut down to be turned into loving "luxury" flats, or because some bellend moved in above a venue that has been there for 4 decades & then complained about the noise.

I still mourn the loss of The Barfly in Glasgow which was down by the Clyde, pretty sure it was a casualty when a neighbouring listed building got mysteriously burned down so they could put up aforementioned premium priced flats for cunts & because of damage the building they were in had to be shut for years. Was a great little venue that could fit maybe 150, great location next to St Enoch's Square underground station, fantastic sound system & acoustics, all gone now.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I read in my village newsletter that we're having a great British bunt off for the jubilee with most bunted home winning a prize. Also, completely unrelated, the lady that writes the newsletter has bunting for sale.

- £2.50 for plastic triangular bunting (7m & 25 flags)

- £4.00 for polyester rectangular flags (9m & 30 flags)

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

https://twitter.com/Ross_Lawson/status/1509540659165904911/photo/1

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Be a lot cooler if you did, rishi.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Well, if the trajectory of Cardiff’s nightlife continues, Clwb Ifor Bach will become overpriced flats soon anyway

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Be a lot cooler if you did, rishi.

He'd have to jump to reach.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Politics might be crap but it would be a lot more fun if they were allowed to hit the RKO on the other guy through the despatch box.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Keep on thinking about how we're headed into the worst cost of living crisis in recent memory, Covid is running rampant, there's a war going on where we're arming Neo Nazis and the Leader of the Labour Party is out there trying to court Observer columnists and mediocre fiction writers over their pet bigotry. What an utterly bleak oval office Starmer is.

Also that he's probably being advised to do it by a man who was close personal friends with a notorious sex trafficking paedophile under the guise of "Protecting women".

Bleak bleak bleak.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Can you imagine the hooting noises in the house of commons if an MP got suplexed onto the mace? You'd be able to hear it from Birmingham.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Let me powerbomb the queen

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Person on reddit has made a great website of MP Expenses pulled from the parliament API:

https://mpexpenses.org/

Creator:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/comments/tsw13d/i_made_a_website_that_takes_mp_expense_reports/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think she would snap in half at the lifting stage tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I think she would snap in half at the lifting stage tbh.

As long as they've got the heating cranked up, she'd be fine