Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

This has me more interested in Magic than I've been in months, and it's not like I'm a Pro Tour-quality player. Just the effort, and the attention to Pioneer, has me tentatively excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hopefully they sort pioneer out. People are giving me very mixed opinions on its current state.
Or get it to arena so I can play it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Good new is that prices on pioneer goodies is about to sky rocket if you are looking to sell pioneer stuff.

I think I have some lotus lands I need to sell.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/G3RRYT/status/1509459583080804359?s=20&t=LGFPBhmrSpIFN2QihvyBXw

https://twitter.com/aulowry/status/1509569230366203912?s=20&t=LGFPBhmrSpIFN2QihvyBXw

Holy crap.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fuuuuuuuuck

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Where can I go to write articles for $1000 a week, genuinely

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I wonder what their content looks like now...
https://articles.starcitygames.com/magic-the-gathering/the-top-10-one-drop-red-creatures-of-all-time/
oh...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

fadam posted:

I think a lot of people (myself included) just like that there's going to be official competitive events being run locally again. It's fun to play in tournaments even if you don't have any ambition of making it to the top. I'm definitely going to try and go to this F2F Open coming up in Calgary.

Man, now I gotta go around the event asking everyone if they have stairs in their house.

YEESH. (see you there! :unsmith:)

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Framboise posted:

Where can I go to write articles for $1000 a week, genuinely

I mean, a decade minimum of the actual writing experience, and more than that in the field of the topic, and the many other unseen hours that went into researching and collecting information for these topics. And even then it's as an independent contractor, so any health insurance, etc. that one would be looking for is also unaccounted for so far. I mean, it is quite a bit, and Gerry admits that he was in the top .1% of the field. He wasnt being overpaid.

Now Lowry and everyone else who has responded with criminal numbers? They were 100% being underpaid for this, and it's horrid as hell.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Lmao

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've written for a buck a word before. It's pretty sweet. Not about Magic, obviously.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

hopefully all of this means scg will try to court Cedric and Patrick back so the resleevables won't be stuck in ownership rights hell anymore*

*this is just my assumption about why they've abandoned the podcast, I don't actually know what's going on

edit: Reddit says c&p are spinning off the podcast to be independent starting in late April/early may. that was pre-pro-tour announcement though

kalel fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 31, 2022

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Drewjitsu posted:

Man, now I gotta go around the event asking everyone if they have stairs in their house.

Do what me and Mezzanon did, ask "is anyone going to GP Wherever" before the event, pray the other goon isn't an absolute fuckin weirdo (he was very cool), and then have souvlaki and go to a barcade. Good times!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lone Goat posted:

Do what me and Mezzanon did, ask "is anyone going to GP Wherever" before the event, pray the other goon isn't an absolute fuckin weirdo (he was very cool), and then have souvlaki and go to a barcade. Good times!

Souvlaki and barcades ftw

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

kalel posted:

hopefully all of this means scg will try to court Cedric and Patrick back so the resleevables won't be stuck in ownership rights hell anymore*

*this is just my assumption about why they've abandoned the podcast, I don't actually know what's going on

edit: Reddit says c&p are spinning off the podcast to be independent starting in late April/early may. that was pre-pro-tour announcement though

Wait, is SCG really trying to fight over ownership? LOL

SCG might be scum yall.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Go wide!
No wider!
Wider!

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Oh god, parallel lives, doubling season and anointed procession are gonna spike even harder now

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When it's time to party we will party hard.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Phyrexian Obliteraror wept.

7cmc is asking a lot but dang.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Severely disappointed in the mafia boss's names, and no mafioso flavor text quotes with them. :mad:

Hellooooooo newest addition to Rin and Seri :unsmigghh:

Silhouette posted:

Oh god, parallel lives, doubling season and anointed procession are gonna spike even harder now

gently caress you're right.

Esper Sphinx Demon

I guess Conniving is a new mechanic?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 31, 2022

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Wow. Finally something worth reanimating in Standard.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Raffine seems real good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Target instead of Each makes this guy disappointing as gently caress

He'd be such a good reanimator target in commander :(

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Sickening posted:

Wait, is SCG really trying to fight over ownership? LOL

SCG might be scum yall.

The last episode they said Cedric is moving to Colorado and that they'd pick the podcast back up once he's settled in and has time. Nothing on twitter since.

Also consider the source, lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just ordered the last bits and bobs to update Modern Amulet and put Pioneer Winota together, lets go lads.

Drewjitsu posted:

For sure, I'll reach out closer to the event.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 31, 2022

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Cautiously optimistic about the new OP. WPN level qualifiers is exactly like pptqs, which had their issues but depending on where you live are ok. Turning the rptq into a gp-ilke event will be interesting. AFAICT there is only one regional event per region per destination PT, and of course you don't get the airfare unless you get the PT invite so that could suck. Are they really expecting everyone to go to them like an open gp or magicfest or w/e? We'll see. First one for NA region is in Atlanta apparently.

If your'e on the train at least the required performance thresholds are very clear, and given we were not going to get back the bronze/silver/gold system probably fine.

But frankly almost anything is better than what they had before, so I'll take it unreservedly.

https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/status/1509538827429298176

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Depends on the outlet, word count, etc but $75 sounds about right on average. I've written for various outlets where the standard payout for freelance work is ~$100 for 1200-1500 words.

On top of that most places don't even pay you on time, so it's more like $100 minus however much time you spend submitting multiple invoices and trying to get their payroll intermediary on the phone. I'm lucky in that I've never had to wait longer than a couple months - there are plenty of places that are notorious for taking years to pay out, if they ever do without the threat of litigation.

Real adding insult to injury vibes.

Jiro posted:

Esper Sphinx Demon

I guess Conniving is a new mechanic?

That sphinx seems real good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Asking as a man who wears basketball shorts and t-shirts exclusively, what's the deal with the miniskirt thing Ob Nixilis has on here lol

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

fadam posted:

Asking as a man who wears basketball shorts and t-shirts exclusively, what's the deal with the miniskirt thing Ob Nixilis has on here lol

are you gino from 90 day fiance?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

fadam posted:

It's called fashion :colbert:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

fadam posted:

It’s just his thing, he has it on all of his other cards.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 31, 2022

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

GonSmithe posted:

It’s just his thing, he has it on all of his other cards.

Oh cool lol.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Where is a good place to check out the pioneer meta? I was looking at that lotus field combo deck, but then they banned part of it. Is it still around and can it still win?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Owlbear Camus posted:

Phyrexian Obliteraror wept.

7cmc is asking a lot but dang.

Obliterator tramples. I can block this all day five times before I'm out of cards.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

A lil blankie. :3:
All that metal is cold.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

fadam posted:

he's about to have ribs

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Lone Goat posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Souvlaki and barcades ftw

Can confirm that Lone Goat is also not a creep, but is extremely good at Pinball.

Two teammates have already Q'd for the RPTQ by top 8'ing Face to Face Edmonton.

The fact that wizards paired with Face to Face for big Canadian events is extremely cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

fadam posted:

Not that it’s any of your business but he’s in the middle of making a darling maxi skirt.