Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Simply Simon posted:

playing Sonic 06 for the amy levels

Is it ever explained why she turns invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Is it ever explained why she turns invisible.

shes john cena

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's her latent reality bending powers subconsciously coming to the surface because of being forgotten and ignored so often

Her son Silver will grow up having much more control over his abilities

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is it still canon that the whole Sonic universe is the fictitious creation of an old lady whose husband flew experimental jets in WW2 or whatever

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

They're going to be part of the Sonic Origins collection in development but literally nothing has been said about it for 10 months now so who knows.

https://github.com/Rubberduckycooly/Sonic-1-2-2013-Decompilation

There's this in the meantime. You need to own the Whitehead mobile ports and use files from them to run them, but they work well enough. The Whitehead port of CD is already on Steam. For 3, best bet is to use Sonic 3 A.I.R.

https://sonic3air.org/

I ended up doing this because I had the mobile ports(I bought them twice since they didn't count the purchase of the old emulated version when they released the updated one in 2011) and I had sonic CD on steam, I didn't realize it was the updated version, so that just leaves Sonic air when I get to it.

There's also a decompiled Sonic CD but I don't know the point since the whitehead version is on steam already

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

Blue Lives Matter

only one blue life matters.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

KingKalamari posted:

The Two Worlds thing actually comes from a Gameinformer Interview with series producer Takeshi Iizuka. Specifically this bit:

This became kind of a big topic in the fandom due to how vague the intention of that statement was: Does this mean Sonic is travelling between a human planet and a manimal planet like in Sonic X? Or just that humans and manimals have distinct, separate societies on the same planet that tend not to overlap? Not helping matters was the fact that Sega has always been notoriously vague about going into specifics about Sonic's world, and different people associated with the franchise have given different explanations for what there being "two worlds" means. When asked, Sonic PR manager Aaron Webber has said that the two planets interpretation is the correct one to the best of his understanding, while former SEGA Europe community manager Kevin Eva believes the single planet version to be true.

Even Ian Flynn has been inconsistent on the specifics, in some sources confirming the two worlds theory as official internal policy and in others refuting it. I believe in his most recent statement he basically just said "Look, it's complicated, don't worry about it". My own impression is that Sega and Sonic Team don't actually have a consistent, internal explanation for what the hell is up with Sonic's world and how it relates to the human characters, and all the production staff have their own ideas for how it's supposed to work.

Not helping things was Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Forces having two completely different world maps, with Sonic Unleashed having mostly human characters and Sonic Forces having zero human characters outside of Eggman yet Eggman still managed to conquer 99% of the world in Forces.

Really, Forces is the game which caused all of the major issues with fans. It seemed to be on a different world entirely from the other Sonic games and implied Classic Sonic wasn't Sonic from the past but rather that the Classic Sonic games (1-3&K&CD&Mania) took place in a completely different dimension from the Modern Sonic games. So I'm glad Ian Flynn took over the writing and just simplified things so what happened in Forces is mostly ignorable, Classic Sonic is Sonic from the past it's just Generations caused a split timeline leading to Mania and G.U.N. got their poo poo wrecked by Eggman when he took over the world.

RodShaft posted:

I ended up doing this because I had the mobile ports(I bought them twice since they didn't count the purchase of the old emulated version when they released the updated one in 2011) and I had sonic CD on steam, I didn't realize it was the updated version, so that just leaves Sonic air when I get to it.

There's also a decompiled Sonic CD but I don't know the point since the whitehead version is on steam already

The decompiled port of CD is mostly for easier modding purposes. If you just want to play CD there's not much point but if you want to mod CD then the decompilation is the way to go.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RodShaft posted:

Haven't tried it but I think the main draw is extended resolution options like ultra widescreen.

E: ^^^ Oh yeah, mods exist.

Saralene
Feb 17, 2011

Developer, Gamer, and
apparently, Vtuber

The question of life is not,
"Are you a catgirl?"
but rather, it is in fact,
"Are you a catgirl yet?"
If anyone really wants to try out Sonic 1 and 2 mobile versions on PC I'd suggest Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute, which are based on the decompilation efforts. They do get rid of the HPZ entrance that was added to mobile Sonic 2 by default though and have been weird about that (they moved it somewhere else I think), though I think there's a mod to switch that back somewhere. For SCD just use the Steam version and mod the heck out of it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Saralene posted:

If anyone really wants to try out Sonic 1 and 2 mobile versions on PC I'd suggest Sonic 1 Forever and Sonic 2 Absolute, which are based on the decompilation efforts. They do get rid of the HPZ entrance that was added to mobile Sonic 2 by default though and have been weird about that (they moved it somewhere else I think), though I think there's a mod to switch that back somewhere. For SCD just use the Steam version and mod the heck out of it.

S1F and S2A both own pretty hard.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/giugabs/status/1508665818443251715

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Apparently the post credits scene for the Sonic 2 movie has been leaked and Shadow has been confirmed as making an appearance in it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i... will not click...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Larryb posted:

Apparently the post credits scene for the Sonic 2 movie has been leaked and Shadow has been confirmed as making an appearance in it

Also leaked McDonalds toys have revealed that Super Sonic happens. But that's like the least surprising spoiler in the world

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys I'm replaying sonic spinball and this game is wild.

It's like pinball...but with sonic!!!!!

Also this third stage sucks.:smith:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Sonic Spinball would be awesome if Sonic actually controlled like Sonic and not like he has lead weights in his shoes and super glue on the soles.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Also if it ran at a solid 30 fps instead of being a piece of dogshit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hot take: Toxic Cave is a bop :colbert:

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The game is good except for the final stage which is not good. Also any reason to link this banger https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGWSijvWxFI&t=9s

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

Sonic Spinball would be awesome if Sonic actually controlled like Sonic and not like he has lead weights in his shoes and super glue on the soles.

This was basically how I described playing Classic Sonic in Forces to everyone. Now I know where the team got their inspiration from. It makes so much more sense.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Shinjobi posted:

that game is impossible and no human has ever beaten it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've beaten sonic spinball

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

I've beaten sonic spinball

so you're saying you're not human

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
We're goons. We've long forsaken our humanity.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Machine is pretty overwhelming until you realize that it's impossible to die save for the very first room and all the emeralds are in straightforward-to-reach places with the only difficulty being figuring out which loops to go through and when.

Now Showdown, the last stage, that stage can eat a bag of dicks and I'm positive has walled 99% of the poor kids who ever played this game. You either have to be crazy, a superfan, or both (e.g. me) to suffer through multiple game overs until you beat it.

Speaking of Spinball, the funniest part about it is that the main theme that plays on the title screen was written in literally one night because it was originally a mangled instrumentation of the main Sonic 1 theme, except STI had no idea that DCT owned that song and not Sega and only found out once the game went gold :lol:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I want to play Forces again, what the gently caress is wrong with me

well anyway https://twitter.com/itstheshadsy/status/1509260078288969729

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Larryb posted:

Apparently the post credits scene for the Sonic 2 movie has been leaked and

I wonder if they did this in a hurry or it was just really well-timed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXWwYfvJ7BA

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The ending and various ending clips including the credits and post-credits are on youtube now lol

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It doesn't help that the movie is out like a week earlier than the US in like the Netherlands or something.

Knowing the big spoiler for the end of the movie isn't a big deal I feel though, and the post credits scene just got me hyped for more Sonic goodness so I can't really complain. I don't want to actually watch the final battle ahead of time but it is one of the very few times a spoiler won't ruin it for me

edit: I had only seen the Shadow reveal, but apparently it also shows the title card for the third movie. I'm very excited for like 2 years from now lol

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 31, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I am kind of curious how they’re going to handle Shadow though since the current movie is already doing the whole “Sonic meets his match” story (and in this case I’d kind of prefer it if they got someone other than Kirk Thornton to voice him)

Still holding out hope for Amy showing up as well

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 31, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Larryb posted:

I am kind of curious how they’re going to handle Shadow though since the current movie is already doing the whole “Sonic meets his match” story (and in this case I’d kind of prefer it if they got someone other than Kirk Thornton to voice him)

Still holding out hope for Amy showing up as well

My guess it that the third movie will be kind of mashing Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 together. And Shadow will sort of fill a similar role to Knuckles in the second, with the actual big antagonist being Chaos. There's really no need to do both stories, the final boss of 2 isn't really the memorable. At least I don't think so. I think the things that people remember most from SA2 are Shadow and Rouge. I think Chaos would also be just a perfect spectacle for a final battle. AND since the second movie is going to have Super Sonic, there's no need for a big reveal of him this time, and instead the big moment will taking from SA2 and both him AND Shadow going Super to take down Chaos. I do wonder if these movies will include Rouge. She's not REALLY needed but I think fans like her enough that people would still want her to appear in some fashion. though not as much as Amy.

I really wonder how they're gonna handle Amy. They could introduce her in the third one alongside Shadow, but I kind of feel like they would want to have Amy alongside Metal Sonic. I would not be surprised if the fourth movie is going to have Amy and Metal Sonic. I would bet money the post credits scene of 3 is gonna be Amy running through a city or a forest or something trying to escape something pursuing her, and that thing being Metal Sonic

The real question is: Will Big be in the third one :buddy:

Also I've heard people suggest Keanu Reeves voicing Shadow. And... I can kind of see that. :hmmyes:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 31, 2022

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That’s actually not that bad of a choice honestly

And yeah, I could see the plot of a potential fourth movie involving Amy being entrusted with or stumbling across some kind of mystical item that Robotnik wants (maybe go full Sonic CD with it and introduce the concept of time travel)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 31, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will not be playing dizzy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i will not be playing dizzy

Sigh, I'll take a look at our alternatives then

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It happened again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDx0YkSjk3A

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

Man, it's weird listening to Ben Schwartz not doing his Ben Schwartz voice...

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1509547365841215496?t=fNgSgPRQ4TsTaMorwhdOsg&s=19

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's real

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It better be, I just preordered it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head