Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

navier-stoked posted:

can't i just really hate thomas??

I don't know how you can hate thomas more when he just sleeps through every hearing and then wakes up just long enough to pull the lever to vote for more evil, psaki is out there hustling to kill people 7 days a week like her life depends on it

i mean not now because she's probably proned out with a mab drip in each arm but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

https://twitter.com/psvbluemts/status/1509437875053506567?t=ljqQuKAlnByRF9avirE4ng&s=19

endlessmonotony posted:

We're just getting started.

I meant two years of really trying for covid zero for nothing, not two years of covid.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I hate these people.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Just checked my county. Oopsie, case rates doubled this week! Weird!

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

I don't know how you can hate thomas more when he just sleeps through every hearing and then wakes up just long enough to pull the lever to vote for more evil, psaki is out there hustling to kill people 7 days a week like her life depends on it

i mean not now because she's probably proned out with a mab drip in each arm but

Thomas really likes the idea of making it totally, legally cool for the government to kill citizens or beat them while imprisoned lol but I dunno, maybe I just don't know enough about psaki. Imo, his real bodycount will probably get serious enough to preclude this conversation once Roe is overturned but that has been years in the making so I'm just kinda factoring that in, admittedly.

e: but just to make totally clear, i think they have both done things that are bad lol.

e2: poo poo, i completely forgot about anita hill drat. thomas is also a sex pest.

navier-stoked has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Mar 31, 2022

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

navier-stoked posted:

Thomas really likes the idea of making it totally, legally cool for the government to kill citizens or beat them while imprisoned lol but I dunno, maybe I just don't know enough about psaki. Imo, his real bodycount will probably get serious enough to preclude this conversation once Roe is overturned but that has been years in the making so I'm just kinda factoring that in, admittedly.

e: but just to make totally clear, i think they have both done things that are bad lol.

can you explain why you continue to what-about Clarence Thomas when Psaki is criticized in the covid thread for advocating policies that have killed one million of her fellow citizens

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Whenever y’all talk about Jen Psaki itt the vibe gets so weird

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

please, please elaborate

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

navier-stoked posted:

e2: poo poo, i completely forgot about anita hill drat. thomas is also a sex pest.

So is the man who helped put him on the bench, who is the incumbent President.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Trixie Hardcore posted:

yeah the anger juxtaposed with the horny can get pretty cringe

it's like, she sucks, there's plenty to criticize and make fun of, no need to make it gross

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

"jen psaki is complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of american citizens"

dude why do you get so weird about jen psaki?

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

can you explain why you continue to what-about Clarence Thomas when Psaki is criticized in the covid thread for advocating policies that have killed one million of her fellow citizens

i feel like you asked me lol but i really don't care. the point is moot. regardless of what you or i think of their relative badness, it is painfully irrelevant to reality.

Horseshoe theory posted:

So is the man who helped put him on the bench, who is the incumbent President.

imagine thinking that more than one person at a time can suck rear end.

navier-stoked has issued a correction as of 23:20 on Mar 31, 2022

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

"the white house press secretary is pushing COVID misinformation"

woah whoa, dial back that horny, mister. you know you can talk about a woman without turning into a cartoon caricature who's tongue falls out of his mouth

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the other dumb thing happening is the nyc health and hospital testing response

they used to be great. very well staffed, organized, large, common, etc

they were mostly dismantled right before omicron, and there was a scramble to assemble testing sites that was largely too late

now:

I just went to a ‘testing van’ down the street from me. two people, unmasked, we’re sitting in the front seats, windows up. I was told I needed to scan a qr code, etc etc, used to this. the lady rolled down the window to tell me, no mask.

the back door opens, and someone with an n95 mask is there. so is the burst of warm air from inside the van. the van with no divider between front and back.

I stepped back and was kinda flummoxed, and the guy testing me motioned and said ‘I can’t get out of the van, come on.’ I mentioned that the the other two people weren’t wearing masks and I could feel the warm air blowing out, and he says ‘it’s fine, I have a mask on.’

so, I took a deep breath and pulled my mask just enough, then exhaled hard away from the doors, to put my mask back on.

just comedy. it’s all doodoo

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Thank you to everyone who responded to my makeup question, y'all rule

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the other dumb thing happening is the nyc health and hospital testing response

they used to be great. very well staffed, organized, large, common, etc

they were mostly dismantled right before omicron, and there was a scramble to assemble testing sites that was largely too late

now:

I just went to a ‘testing van’ down the street from me. two people, unmasked, we’re sitting in the front seats, windows up. I was told I needed to scan a qr code, etc etc, used to this. the lady rolled down the window to tell me, no mask.

the back door opens, and someone with an n95 mask is there. so is the burst of warm air from inside the van. the van with no divider between front and back.

I stepped back and was kinda flummoxed, and the guy testing me motioned and said ‘I can’t get out of the van, come on.’ I mentioned that the the other two people weren’t wearing masks and I could feel the warm air blowing out, and he says ‘it’s fine, I have a mask on.’

so, I took a deep breath and pulled my mask just enough, then exhaled hard away from the doors, to put my mask back on.

just comedy. it’s all doodoo

the guy in the mask was the only one who tested positive today. what more do you expect from them??

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

https://twitter.com/psvbluemts/status/1509437875053506567?t=ljqQuKAlnByRF9avirE4ng&s=19

I meant two years of really trying for covid zero for nothing, not two years of covid.

On the plus side I'm no longer as worried about the next generation coming for my job.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

So where do we stand on the actual amount of isolation time needed after testing positive? Because my positive coworker is back and unmasked exactly 7 days later. gently caress

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

I have to get x-rays soon and they're probably not going to let me wear any actually effective respiratory protection during :rip:

it be your own bones that betray ya. much smarter not to have any

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ivermectin dorks are big mad today.

https://twitter.com/Aldo94822596/status/1509656249780084736?t=yN5-t7X87CBAonC0qkcTKA&s=19

https://twitter.com/TheRealBoppa/status/1509654263680704518?t=stpPgqegaC4jvsFIxyBxvg&s=19

Is oxycodone good for pain? Verdict still out
https://twitter.com/nickymac88/status/1509652515301863428?t=ACGfftZ28ZnqO3ftJuJDbA&s=19

🤔 Smoke paste erry'day
https://twitter.com/ddc2204/status/1509651972378570755?t=1V_T0afvnYUXGfzwyKMj-g&s=19

https://twitter.com/johnw46/status/1509651908885204994?t=ylq-hFFX9FAciAkB1xHVKA&s=19

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

So where do we stand on the actual amount of isolation time needed after testing positive? Because my positive coworker is back and unmasked exactly 7 days later. gently caress

10% of people are still contagious after 21 days, iirc.

Nobody knows anymore with the current set of NPIs, vaccines, variants, vibes, etc because nobody with the power to find an answer is asking.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

:same:

I will also put on a party dress and heels just to have drinks and listen to records with my husband because my dresses are expensive and make me feel pretty and I don’t want them going to waste.

I have a nice collection of very expensive mens shoes for the office and I haven’t put my feet in a single pair of them over the past two years I’ve been working in pajamas. Lol

At least men’s formal shoes don’t go out of style.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

I cruised the op but didn't see it, what's the best covid recovery strategy? I'm on day 8 of symptoms, drinking water and resting, but I'm being hit a lot by fatigue, headache, and gi symptoms. are there medications to take/avoid? I've been taking mostly ibuprofen and acetaminophen

same boat, basically, if a little earlier in the course of infection.

my rear end is thoroughly kicked. am taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen as needed. also plan to avoid alcohol for the next several weeks. maybe forever--i've been drinking too much during this pandemic, anyway.

have resumed taking fish oil in the bro science hope that it does anything for microclots. /shrug

it's sort of scary that there's nothing really out there for us to do but wait and hope that our numbers aren't up. shouldn't having good tools for recovery be part of "living with covid?"

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

I dunno if it was in this thread, but someone I know was complaining to me that he couldn't get a prescription for ivermectin. When I asked him if he tried asking a doctor he got mad at me, and when I sent him links so he could buy some off amazon he stopped talking to me.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/joshtigerhill/status/1509655501432410119?s=21&t=Wq1wK9h8Pw72VH5xZIOz_Q

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

I have to get x-rays soon and they're probably not going to let me wear any actually effective respiratory protection during :rip:

tell them "gently caress off and just push the button", unless they're doing bitewings or cervical spines or cranial x rays there's no way it could interfere

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Moldex has molded N95's that have no metal whatsoever, if you can find ones that fit you right. I even went through an MRI in one.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Greg Legg posted:

I dunno if it was in this thread, but someone I know was complaining to me that he couldn't get a prescription for ivermectin. When I asked him if he tried asking a doctor he got mad at me, and when I sent him links so he could buy some off amazon he stopped talking to me.

Did he die

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I wonder if people think ivermectin worked because they secretly had hookworms this entire time

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

cr0y posted:

Did he die

No, but I think he kind of wants to get covid so he can try to cure it with olive leaf extract. He was eating magnesium regularly as some kind of covid prevention method until my wife told him how badly he could gently caress himself up if he overdosed.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Koirhor posted:

whats going on now is not covid is over but that managerial bullshit when you are arguing a good point but there is no will to make any changes so we have to simply ‘move on’

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I am, again, sick with something imported from preschool, and again, negative RATs so probably just some bullshit.

being sick at all loving sucks and I'm masking in airlines and gondolas and all that poo poo forever even if COVID vanishes tomorrow

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Greg Legg posted:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

Hey it's the together trial! The prelim results for this were talked about as far back as last July or August, it's a huge study but I hadn't seen a good analysis like this one

quote:

An independent pharmacist conducted the randomization at a central trial facility, from which the trial sites requested randomization by means of text message. Patients underwent randomization by means of a block randomization procedure for each participating site, with stratification according to age (<50 years or ≥50 years). The trial team, site staff, and patients were unaware of the randomized assignments. The active-drug and placebo pills were packaged in identically shaped bottles and labeled with alphabetic letters corresponding to ivermectin or placebo. Participants who were randomly assigned to receive placebo were assigned to a placebo regimen (ranging from 1 day to 14 days) that corresponded with that of a comparable active-treatment group in the trial. Only the pharmacist who was responsible for randomization was aware of which letter referred to which assignment.

What's frustrating is the study says vaccinated people were eligible for the trial but that seems like such a confounding factor I wish they discussed it more and how those people were handled. It's almost certain ivermectin does nothing for covid but it really sucks no one can refute it without an obvious line of attack

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Mar 31, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

masks are here. 4 years' supply in 2 days from ISP lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Turns out people did have brain worms

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

tell them "gently caress off and just push the button", unless they're doing bitewings or cervical spines or cranial x rays there's no way it could interfere

Rescue Toaster posted:

Moldex has molded N95's that have no metal whatsoever, if you can find ones that fit you right. I even went through an MRI in one.

My thanks to you both, a little assertiveness wouldn't hurt and I'm gonna look into a molded N95 to see if it'll fit me well :hfive:

a buddy of mine told me he had to get imaging done after a minor car accident and he just straight up refused to take off his N95, so they brought in a supervisor and had him put a surgical on top of it. lmao just why.

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I am, again, sick with something imported from preschool, and again, negative RATs so probably just some bullshit.

being sick at all loving sucks and I'm masking in airlines and gondolas and all that poo poo forever even if COVID vanishes tomorrow
:same: re:masking and really sorry you're sick, may it truly be the common crud that your immune system swiftly shows the door.

lollin' at myself over here for being optimistic for all of 5 minutes that widespread acknowledgement of airborne transmission would finally necessitate infrastructure upgrades that make indoor spaces safer for all and masks truly optional. I keep saying to myself "b-b-but we did it with water purification!!!" like a little dumb babby

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

Trixie Hardcore posted:

“You may choose to wear a mask at any time.” is the most passive aggressive poo poo

you may choose to comply with a police officer's commands; its an entirely optional personal choice

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my mom is concerned that im masking my kids too much and its keeping them from building their immune system against other viruses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Trixie Hardcore posted:

“You may choose to wear a mask at any time.” is the most passive aggressive poo poo

thanks, I will!

"You need to take that off, it has a valve and it's dangerous to other people."