Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Actually scratch that apparently no distance increase so it just comes out quicker but and moves you quicker. But medium is more than sufficient for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Cringeframes.
Soyroll.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Maybe I'll take all my clothes off and roll around to do some testing.

and then I'll play Elden Ring!!!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

Maybe I'll take all my clothes off and roll around to do some testing.

and then I'll play Elden Ring!!!

This roll it’s just for me!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Was reading some spell descriptions and feel more solid in my theory that Millicent is Malenia and not just following her path. On top of the arm, hair colour, and scarlet rot connection, the spells mention Miquella trying to heal Malenia with unalloyed gold. The needle we get to help Millicent is alloyed gold I think so not exactly the same but seems to be on a similar track

My other theory is that after finding out what death root actually is that Gurannq is actually Maliketh

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

My other theory is that after finding out what death root actually is that Gurannq is actually Maliketh

this one is true because maliketh has different dialog if you gave gurannq all the death root

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this one is true because maliketh has different dialog if you gave gurannq all the death root

Cool! I’m looking forward to his fight when I get to it. Just arrived in Tornado Town so don’t think I’ve too much left

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

He also has the rune of death on his left hand, you can barely see it with the right camera angle

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Was reading some spell descriptions and feel more solid in my theory that Millicent is Malenia and not just following her path. On top of the arm, hair colour, and scarlet rot connection, the spells mention Miquella trying to heal Malenia with unalloyed gold. The needle we get to help Millicent is alloyed gold I think so not exactly the same but seems to be on a similar track

Hyped for you to finish her quest and get to some boss fights :hai:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Light roll is pretty pointless in this game

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the only thing that matters is how cool your character looks

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

posting again that I am hyped for eventual Elden Ring mods

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

EmmyOk posted:

Cool! I’m looking forward to his fight when I get to it. Just arrived in Tornado Town so don’t think I’ve too much left

have been bouncing back and forth between tornado town (just beat godskin duo and banging my head against malenia (like an hour and a half spent so far). need to just buckle down and finish her, I’m consistently getting about 75% into the fight and then dying

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

buffalo all day posted:

have been bouncing back and forth between tornado town (just beat godskin duo and banging my head against malenia (like an hour and a half spent so far). need to just buckle down and finish her, I’m consistently getting about 75% into the fight and then dying

What level are you at? I’ve been struggling on her too

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Orange DeviI posted:

I’m at 149, haven’t grinded at all but have finished basically everything in the main map I could find except FA post-godskin duo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Orange DeviI posted:

imo level doesnt matter for her, just learn the patterns and dont get hit

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

scary ghost dog posted:

i think this is right but switching to bleed affinity on my halberds and increasing damage has helped me consistently get to phase 2 just by giving fewer opportunities for me to have an inevitable gently caress up

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Thinking of making a co-op character, but I want a memorable design first, and that always starts with the name. LEts see...

Annoying, but this filter always was a little odd. How about this

Oh come on... one more try

:eng99: Is nothing sacred anymore??

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jarburg......T_T

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

jarburg......T_T

BRO. me yesterday. this poo poo is too twisted sometimes

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i told diallos he did a good job even though he was kind of a baby the whole game. dude wasnt cut out for this bullshit world.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

i told diallos he did a good job even though he was kind of a baby the whole game. dude wasnt cut out for this bullshit world.

i did the same drat thing, in the end he did what he could. all those jar homies...

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

i did the same drat thing, in the end he did what he could. all those jar homies...

it had become my hang out spot. if i was going to change my fit up or just leave for a minute i would always go to jarburg for some good vibes. rip jar boys

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

it had become my hang out spot. if i was going to change my fit up or just leave for a minute i would always go to jarburg for some good vibes. rip jar boys

i just dipped back every now and then to see what was going on. also jar-bairn gathering up diallos' guts pwns

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i just dipped back every now and then to see what was going on. also jar-bairn gathering up diallos' guts pwns

sounds like a mistake to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Kild posted:

sounds like a mistake to me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

get his rear end

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

buffalo all day posted:

she finally met her match!!!!!!!!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

buffalo all day posted:

gently caress yeah dude

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

buffalo all day posted:

congrats gamer

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

buffalo all day posted:

Hell yeah

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Made it to the Brace of the Haligtree, been having a blast with +9 Cipher Pata and over 60 FTH, since I can just weapon art through any defense and facestab until I can facestab again. This has been a TF2 Spy build, unintentionally, and I love how dumb it is.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Tonight I explored a snow castle and met a dual sword spinning teleporting frost knight that broke the rules for how I understood enemies should function.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

My game's been suffering from the invisible enemies bug for a little while now, and while I've been kinda making it work I don't think I can do Castle Sol with invisible triple explosive crossbow enemies.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

scary ghost dog posted:

I think you’re right but outdamaging the heals would be sweet

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Goddamn this rotussy got me down bad and I just keep crawling back for more.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goddamn this rotussy got me down bad and I just keep crawling back for more.

https://twitter.com/alecrobbins/status/1502769867677528067?s=20&t=msWPP7f8BKjzktiyEYb0MQ

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Orange DeviI posted:

character level matters a lot less than weapon level for damage

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Orange DeviI posted:

two +25 colossal hammers and jump attacks made me win every time there was a trade even accounting for healing

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

still can't get over the castle sol knight that senses your presence with his back turned, and if you shoot him from on top of a ladder he will literally teleport behind you.

i mean I killed the dude, it's just so stupidly anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Damage absolutely matters in fights not just mastering the movesets and so on. Having to survive 20 attacks vs 30 or 40 attacks is vastly different in how much longer you have to maintain the flow as well as how many more errors or mess-ups you can potentially make in that time. It also just means less exposure to their nastier attacks that might be the ones that nuke you and so on. Its the same as having high HP lets you make far more mistakes. Obviously not getting hit will always let you win but those others mean you can get by with a much lower level of mastery of a fight. I don't see how you could say otherwise