Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

hey willa he might have been murdered, instead of just being a lovely pilot. fun fact: JFK jr’s fatal crash happened the same day as the Eyes Wide Shut premier. the Epstein thread had some good effortposts on why the two might have been related and not an accident. :nsallears:

If JFK jr was murdered someone did an impressive job to make it look like a very classic novice instrument pilot mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

ArbitraryC posted:

I mean sure they'll be blasted for it anyways but it's not like they've put up any meaningful changes or defenses of this category either. Their response to the BLM movement was to pick Kamala "Top Cop" Harris for VP and increase police funding, their response to women and lgbt rights being eroded is to do jack all, and they're bleeding non blue check brained voters in these demographics because everyone can see that the dems literally don't care about this stuff as a party at all.

There's probably still going to be attack ads over defunding the police, CRT, trans athletes or whatever because the red base just dives face first into that slop but none of those positions are actually mainstream in democrats either, at best they'll wear a shirt.

I still lol every time I think of Bernie letting BLM protestors speak at his rallies and such while Hillary just booted em out with security in 16 and yet he was the one repeatedly cited for being unsympathetic or unsupportive of the cause. Weird that there's not a peep from the same crowd about Biden doing basically the exact opposite of what the historically large protests were asking for the summer before his inauguration. It's a cudgel that's only ever used to blame the left.
pretty hosed up that identity politics would be used to derail class-based politics. has that ever happened before

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, it's pretty well understood that this is by far the best approach but it gets tried less because that 20% that doesn't get back on their feet end up getting the Willie Horton treatment the next time a politician wants to unseat someone whovoted for it, so chickenshit pols are even more skittish of doing it than they usually are about helping people

I don't think that's it.

The article in a way is incorrect when it states that this isn't a "miracle cure." An 80% success rate IS a miracle cure when treating social illnesses. Such a statistic is nearly unheard of. Like if the results were reversed and it was 20% it would still fall into the "promising" category, with some even saying it's "effective." It's really difficult to overestimate how useless various programs we have are. Even programs that people generally agree (even leftists) to tackle issues such as homelessness, crime, and drug addiction are pretty much useless if not outright makes things worse. Even if this resulted in just people staying in their section 8 type homeless housing for an indefinite period, the fact that the lionshare don't go back to their previous situations and it's more cost efficient is incredible.

The reality is that it just makes people sick to their stomach to help people beneath them.

punk rebel ecks has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Apr 1, 2022

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nichael posted:

It really is nuts that even on identity politics issues, the Dems have completely given up and left transgender people at the hands of the chuds.

lol did Biden even say anything today? Like, I know the dems put out a dumb 'UH YOU FUCKIN WEIRDOS CAN SERVE IN THE MILITARY, YOU'RE WELCOME' thing while ignoring all the real issues but did Biden or Harris not even do a weak rear end acknowledgement?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/Facts0601/status/1509597308169637895

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

If JFK jr was murdered someone did an impressive job to make it look like a very classic novice instrument pilot mistake.

there are some interesting irregularities around it, ie. how the reporter who broke the story of the crash before anyone else (Larry Celona) was also hired to write a fake article in the eyes wide shut movie, then got a bunch of big promotions in the following years. coincidentally he also did some big reporting on Jeffrey Epstein and ghislaine maxwell many years later.

lol yeah there’s a fair to decent chance they epstein’d his rear end

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nichael posted:

It really is nuts that even on identity politics issues, the Dems have completely given up and left transgender people at the hands of the chuds.

not a single one of those trans kids voted democratic, so really this is all kinda their fault

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

there are some interesting irregularities around it, ie. how the reporter who broke the story of the crash before anyone else (Larry Celona) was also hired to write a fake article in the eyes wide shut movie, then got a bunch of big promotions in the following years. coincidentally he also did some big reporting on Jeffrey Epstein and ghislaine maxwell many years later.

lol yeah there’s a fair to decent chance they epstein’d his rear end

that just sounds like a reporter on the Martha Vineyard suck up to the elite beat?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Nichael posted:

Beto took a selfie in a t-shirt. why can't you respect that he's putting the work in?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

that just sounds like a reporter on the Martha Vineyard suck up to the elite beat?

if by suck up to the elite beat you mean scoop after scoop on epstein, including the exclusive pictures of his body after the suicide, then yes.

Regulus74 posted:

And also according to google, thread favorite Eyes Wide Shut consultant larry celona was the first to receive the tip to look for a crash on the morning of the 17th

twoday posted:

I’ve looked through the headlines of the articles written by Larry Celona for the NYPost and noted some interesting things. He was involved in writing a ton of Epstein stuff, all the major stories.

Here is an article about Epstein written on December 1st, 2018:
Manhattan DA sided with pedophile billionaire after botching investigation

One sentence stands out to me:

As we know, Epstein had contacts on both sides. Vance is also a democrat, so it seems that the point of this article is to imply to it’s readers that Epstein is working with some sort of evil pedophile conspiracy that only involves democrats. Sound familiar?

Anyway, Celona is a crime reporter, all his articles are about crimes, and it’s not surprising he would be assigned to write on the Epstein case. There was another crime that stood out to me in the articles though, that Celona wrote a lot of articles about :

Gambino crime boss shook hitman’s hand before murder

The so called “Q Murder” of the Gambino mob boss by a Qanon supporter. That Celona was writing about it is also not surprising because it was a high profile murder that took place in New York. But it is kind of funny if you imagine that Celona is Q.

This article has pictures of the stuffed tiger and poodle inside Epstein’s mansion, which I hadn’t seen before

Here is an article about El Chapo complaining about conditions at the MCC, which is perhaps also relevant

nut posted:

worth pointing out that the NY Post, where the pic was published, has a lot of ties to Epstein through reporter Larry Celona. I was convinced there was a specific tie between him and the in-n-out pic, but maybe I dreamt it up or am misremembering something.

Celona had exclusive scoops about Epstein's attempted suicide, successful suicide, and pictures of the body. Looking back further, Celona exclusively broke JFK's death and Kubrick's Death after Kubrick made Eyes Wide Open, the movie that includes this fictional newspaper story by Celona. Celona was inexplicably hired as a consultant for the movie.

Oh and Celona was on the flight manifest.

Regulus74 posted:

Add this one from the netflix damage control piece to the pile:

I believe there is also a picture of his name in the flight logs but I lost it when I reformatted.

oh and here's JFK Jr. Reads Monica Lewinsky's poem about being a Pizza with Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUi_52CWMJQ

quote:

JFK Jr. Reads Monica Lewinsky's childhood poem about being a Pizza, that she wrote when she was 9, that was printed in George Magazine.
"How I can be a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner if you're weird. A round and flat piece of dough with lots of toppings. I am a mouth's best friend. I make you say, 'yum, yum'".

Jay Leno: It's amazing how kids know at a young age what they are going to do with their lives.

I thought I remembered more specific posts on the plane crash itself, but I'd say the circumstances alone are suspicious enough. :nsa:

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Nichael posted:

if trans and leftist do I get to pick they camp they'll send me to

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Fly Molo posted:

hey willa he might have been murdered, instead of just being a lovely pilot. fun fact: JFK jr’s fatal crash happened the same day as the Eyes Wide Shut premier. the Epstein thread had some good effortposts on why the two might have been related and not an accident. :nsallears:

I forgot about qanon & its jfk jr. poo poo when I posted that & I guess now all the dnd libs have more evidence of my inner chud.

but lol at going to horny jail a few years shy of 70.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

yellowD posted:

if trans and leftist do I get to pick they camp they'll send me to

Which one do you think is easier to re-educate? Maybe start there and then switch over to the other one.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

I forgot about qanon & its jfk jr. poo poo when I posted that & I guess now all the dnd libs have more evidence of my inner chud.

There are 3 of them in the qanon universe now so you gotta be specific.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willa Rogers posted:

well gently caress ‘em, it’s not your fault if they can’t tell the difference between qanon and trueanon. :colbert:

lol. but it’s fine, smythe is like a billion years old and he’s still horny on main 24/7.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

lol did Biden even say anything today? Like, I know the dems put out a dumb 'UH YOU FUCKIN WEIRDOS CAN SERVE IN THE MILITARY, YOU'RE WELCOME' thing while ignoring all the real issues but did Biden or Harris not even do a weak rear end acknowledgement?

I think the most they do is say "protect trans kids" then mentally check out for a few weeks.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Willa Rogers posted:

69 is the best age though

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nichael posted:

is it though?

the national party was hardly at the forefront of gay marriage for example (though were happy enough to absorb credit via osmosis after the fact), and a lot of the leadership is literally the same people

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Fly Molo posted:

if by suck up to the elite beat you mean scoop after scoop on epstein, including the exclusive pictures of his body after the suicide, then yes.

oh and here's JFK Jr. Reads Monica Lewinsky's poem about being a Pizza with Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld:

I thought I remembered more specific posts on the plane crash itself, but I'd say the circumstances alone are suspicious enough. :nsa:

:stare:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

LGD posted:

is it though?

the national party was hardly at the forefront of gay marriage for example (though were happy enough to absorb credit via osmosis after the fact), and a lot of the leadership is literally the same people
democrat party bad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

how come so many pedophiles

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drat it, I left the Dippin' Dots out and now I've got a pedophile infestation.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nichael posted:

I think the most they do is say "protect trans kids" then mentally check out for a few weeks.

lol have any major dems personally condemned the actual bills and poo poo? Like is the closest we have really Beto making a generic 'be nice to trans kids' t-shirt without referencing exactly why trans kids may be in need of extra niceness in Texas currently?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i'm so happy that if trans kids survive childhood in multiple states where they are outlawed, they can still die for america in the military while murdering brown people

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Under President Brandon Burden, the blood of trans adults is sufficient sacrifice for our international genocide machine. Amazing! #pride #lgbtqia++++ #DisneyPlus

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007

Nichael posted:

drat it, I left the Dippin' Dots out and now I've got a pedophile infestation.

Dippin' Dots are fine for the novelty, Jack, but have you tried this Jeni's stuff?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there’s nothing like fresh :crackping:

Nichael posted:

how come so many pedophiles

blackmail? mutually assured leverage? weird sparta worship agoge poo poo from generations of british boarding schools? idk.

but it does give me peace of mind knowing tough states attorneys like beau biden are out there bringing billionaire pedos to justice.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Dippin' Dots are fine for the novelty, Jack, but have you tried this Jeni's stuff?

lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/PraxyUncle/status/1509608506910904329

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol oh yea didn't we ban those because one guy with the latest variant didn't respond to them?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mutant Headcrab posted:

way ahead of you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fly Molo posted:

there’s nothing like fresh :crackping:

blackmail? mutually assured leverage? weird sparta worship agoge poo poo from generations of british boarding schools? idk.

but it does give me peace of mind knowing tough states attorneys like beau biden are out there bringing billionaire pedos to justice.

Beau had some very strong opinions on pedophilia, yes.

The Cut of Your Jib
Apr 24, 2007

you don't find a style

a style finds you

Nichael posted:

way ahead of you

no adrenochrome no sal--oh ok then.
im horny for frazzledrip sauce

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

make it john romero you dumb bitch

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Nichael posted:

way ahead of you

i know that looks insane and its not obvious from the picture but thats 5 pints of ice cream for $58, not 1.

So only like 3 times as much as regular ice cream. not 10 times as much

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Death To The Centrists

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ah president widen

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
zerocool biden-er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

i know that looks insane and its not obvious from the picture but thats 5 pints of ice cream for $58, not 1.

So only like 3 times as much as regular ice cream. not 10 times as much

None of those flavors taste any different than the other. All you can taste is dairy and sugar