Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i think the change in tertiary characters and setting between seasons is one of the strongest things going for eastbound and down, however, i do wish there was more andy daly

More Andy Daly, less Steve Jankowski. Not that I dislike Jankowski, just he has plenty of screentime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
EB&D is good, but it needs Goggins, dammit. :(

Captain Monkey posted:

More Andy Daly, less Steve Jankowski.

:yeah:

I'm going to drop a HOT CONTROVERSIAL TAKE on the thread: Stevie is funny, but not THAT funny, and is funnier in small doses. :colbert:

I think his way of talking just grates on my nerves.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

Eastbound sold me with this entire ridiculous scene specifically "whats his name fuckin Shrek?...No huh?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BZ2zW0LIKY

It is impossible for me to not feel joy hearing Danny McBride’s laugh when Cassie mentions how they named their daughter Rose.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Read After Burning posted:

EB&D is good, but it needs Goggins, dammit. :(

I'm going to drop a HOT CONTROVERSIAL TAKE on the thread: Stevie is funny, but not THAT funny, and is funnier in small doses. :colbert:

I think his way of talking just grates on my nerves.

:hai:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Stevie has the best line of the whole show.
https://youtu.be/3mwy9gEwm1E

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone who wants more Andy Daly should drop everything and watch Review immediately if you haven't already. One of the funniest, most underrated shows ever.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 30, 2022

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone who wants more Andy Daly should drop everything and watch Review immediately if you haven't already. One of the funniest, most underrated shows ever.

This, and agreed about Stevie overall. Technically not an empty quote?

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

veni veni veni posted:

There all is aching.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

God drat that Vice Principals first season ending

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Pancakes Divorce Pancakes

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

zoux posted:

That is certainly an upsetting amount of pancakes.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

zoux posted:

Between this episode and the coke pilot I’ve never been sold on a show faster

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/AmandaSmithSays/status/1507875905426771972

omg I can hear it perfectly

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/Doctor1Hundred/status/1507876226467344396

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I enjoyed this one.

https://twitter.com/JSworkaccount/status/1508227584378621952?t=pX1TRjaP61_DZlq61I1V8Q&s=19

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
grody hill

Drano
Dec 21, 2004

BEST at removing tough clogs!
"until I got tangled up with some Better Business Bureau bullshit"

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I'm so angry at that tweet about McBride playing the Joker, because now it's all I can think about. I'm like those people who saw Avatar and got depressed that Pandora wasn't real and they couldn't go there.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Got caught up on a season two, and one thing I noticed is they in a couple of scenes, like where BJ was helping Tiff track down Baby Billy, that BJ and Tiff seemed fond of one another. In a way where I can see them ditching their spouses and going off together.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Got caught up on a season two, and one thing I noticed is they in a couple of scenes, like where BJ was helping Tiff track down Baby Billy, that BJ and Tiff seemed fond of one another. In a way where I can see them ditching their spouses and going off together.

There's no way BJ is leaving Judi and her played out mama pussy.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

sticksy posted:

Vice Principals did a masterful job of that whole "wow, I can't believe they're going to do this awful thing to Dr Brown because they're so racist" but it really wasn't because they were racist, just absolutely terrible insecure people.

Also, Gamby hating Ray and Ray being super-cool and reasonable never stopped being great.

Up until 5 seconds ago I would have bet my life that this was Jon Glaser :holyshit:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes the whole thing with Ray mostly supporting Gamby and Gamby just hating him all the time is a funny bit

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Catching up on this thread and now I'm just sitting here giggling like an idiot thinking of Danny McBride as the Riddler.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Davros1 posted:

There was a scene in S1 where they're playing golf with Baby Billy, and BJ and Tiff seem to be making eyes at each other. Seems like they dropped that, though.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Doronin posted:

Catching up on this thread and now I'm just sitting here giggling like an idiot thinking of Danny McBride as the Riddler.

WB should give Hill/Green/McBride a shot at developing a series based off some C-list capes and villains.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1515130557675581442?s=20&t=qsDqxOUZpWv7Xc9XIcWtmg

The Righteous Gemstones was underselling the Muscly Men theme last season.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MadJackal posted:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1515130557675581442?s=20&t=qsDqxOUZpWv7Xc9XIcWtmg

The Righteous Gemstones was underselling the Muscly Men theme last season.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Righteous Gemstones after seeing that video.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The wife and I finished Vice Principals, and that is a drat good show

I do feel like the new vice principal in S2 is a character that they didn’t really need to have on the show as she doesn’t do much overall

This show is the story of probably the most hosed-up friendship of all time

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Tucker Carlson- "They're muscle MEN Daddeh!"

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I came here to post the tucker thing, and I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who thought of the muscle boys too.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Doronin posted:

I had this exact experience with Larry David when I was rewatching Curb recently.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

DangerDummy! posted:

I had this exact experience with Larry David when I was rewatching Curb recently.

Larry David as Batman trying to reason his way through puzzles given by Danny McBride as the Riddler

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

riddle me this, frank costanza's lawyer

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

riddle me this, frank costanza's lawyer

They both wear capes, so that tracks.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
batman wearing those old geezer skechers and being grossed out by henchman hygeine lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Would Susie be the Catwoman in the Curb Your Batman universe

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Trying to decide if Jeff or Leon would make a better robin

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

Trying to decide if Jeff or Leon would make a better robin

jeff because it'd be funny to see him in that tight costume. leon would still be leon, helping himself freely to the wayne manor amenities and making full use of alfred

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Richard Lewis as the Penguin, and Marty as the Joker. He just never, ever laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Bam Bam would be an awesome villain name AND character in Gotham, just as in CYE.