Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Totorak got a glow-up, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Hogama posted:

Totorak got a glow-up, wow.

Yeah, when I heard a rework I thought they'd eliminate the slime and maybe the glowcells/some dead ends, not redo the entire dungeon.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
A reminder on how the DSS is different from Trusts: The DSS will automatically choose the NPCs you do the dungeon with, depending on your role, and they cannot be leveled up. Meanwhile, once you reach ShB content the Trusts will allow you to choose who's in the party, and there will be an indicator that shows that, while they can also be leveled up.

A screenshot of the new Toto-rak:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
6.11, which has the next Ultimate, will be two weeks after 6.1. (Which they confirmed 6.1 is coming out on April 12th.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Adventurer Plates and the Portrait editor will be released in a Beta state. They're really looking for some feedback on the feature. They'll be showing them off later in the PLL.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I've always wondered: What's up with them holding printouts of new armor/hairstyles etc up to the camera instead of just showing the same images in the presentation?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't know if they've ever said.

Glamour plates are going up to 20, and they can be applied in any sanctuary (wherever there's an Aetheryte).

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Job Adjustments next. YoshiP's going to talk about more than normal for a PLL due to all the new players, but it won't be everything. We'll have to wait for the patch notes for it all.

Machinist: Potency boosts
Samurai: Setsugekka, Namikiri are guaranteed crits, Kaiten removed, potencies adjusted to account for this
Ninja: Mug (120s recast) will apply the increased damage debuff for the party, Trick Attack will be personal damage only, potency adjustments
Dark Knight: Walking Dead will now restore a significant amount of HP when you land attacks
Dragoon: Shorter animation locks for Jumps, some repurposed and pruned skills to reduce bloat and stress
Summoner: Searing Light comes from the Summoner instead of Carbuncle
White Mage: Cure III and Asylum are 10 yalms, Liturgy of the Bell can be manually ended early
Scholar: Sacred Soil is 10 yalms, Expedience has been nerfed to 10 seconds of Sprint

All healers are also getting MP changes, with cheaper costs.
They are also adjusting the skill unlocks at lower levels, making the early levels less boring. (Hooray!)
Red Mage and Ninja are also getting reduced animation locks.

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 1, 2022

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

(That's Cure III, Onean :v:)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Hogama posted:

(That's Cure III, Onean :v:)

Thanks.

Sneak peak of Myths of the Realm: Aglaia is up next.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tamba posted:

I've always wondered: What's up with them holding printouts of new armor/hairstyles etc up to the camera instead of just showing the same images in the presentation?

At this point, it's become a running joke.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The special music for the Tribe area continues to be real good.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
POD MOUNT

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They were real quiet about spoilers for the Myths of the Realm segment, so there wasn't much to say. Really just that they will be touching on what they are, do/did they exist and more. And joked about how you'll fall off the arena for Bosses 1 and 2, but for Boss 3 you'll burn to death.

They showed off a few new mounts: A small carriage pulled by a hippo, a Troll and they're finally adding the carrying bot from the Neir raids. (Screenshots (and translation) from the Reddit Discord.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There were a couple other mounts I missed, including some kind of bird/stag that I can't remember the name of and a dinosaur.

Then they showed off a bunch of minions, including some cute puppy, kangaroo, toy car of some kind and more.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The current parasol animation remains the default, but there's now two more you can switch between with /cpose. It still works exactly like that, so it'll go back to the default when you move.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Previewed a new outfit coming to the Mogstation while showing off the Dream Fitting menu:

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I really should go and actually do the Treasure Trove. I will get the hairstyle but I don't know if I want to get the Tamamo headband or not since I'm playing as a Viera.

Anyway, I do know that the dude with the hammer is Byregot and the guy punching the players on top of a statue's hand is Rhalgr, I don't know who the other ones in the trailer are supposed to be.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Onean posted:

Previewed a new outfit coming to the Mogstation while showing off the Dream Fitting menu:

That looks like they literally grabbed it out of Nomura's closet.

Also lol at fixing Living Dead by just letting the drk save themselves by continuing to push the same buttons they were pushing anyway.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pyro Jack posted:

I really should go and actually do the Treasure Trove. I will get the hairstyle but I don't know if I want to get the Tamamo headband or not since I'm playing as a Viera.

Anyway, I do know that the dude with the hammer is Byregot and the guy punching the players on top of a statue's hand is Rhalgr, I don't know who the other ones in the trailer are supposed to be.

Twin dudes are Nald and Thal, fan lady is Azeyma.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

W.T. Fits posted:

Twin dudes are Nald and Thal, fan lady is Azeyma.

Making Nald and Thal a tag team is expected, but it does mean there's going to be an extra boss in one of the future raids. I wonder who they'll decide to throw in.

E: wait, I'm dumb and haven't woken up enough yet. They're already treated as one entry aren't they

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Pyro Jack posted:

I believe the fire lady is Azeyma, the pair is Nald'Thal and they showed one of the pair as a separate fight as well (maybe just a phase?).

Thundarr posted:

Also lol at fixing Living Dead by just letting the drk save themselves by continuing to push the same buttons they were pushing anyway.

That actually feels like a fairly elegant fix to me, to be honest. We'll have to see how exactly it's worded to see if it's like WAR's ability to heal their entire healthbar in a couple GCDs or if it's more sustained.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're showing off the armor for the Alliance, and I'm not entirely sure I'm a fan, but that's probably just because it's from a printout and it'll look better in-game.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Thundarr posted:

Making Nald and Thal a tag team is expected, but it does mean there's going to be an extra boss in one of the future raids. I wonder who they'll decide to throw in.

Nope, There's still Twelve gods. Nald'thal only counts as one.

We'll still have Nophica, Menphina, Halone, Thaliak, Nymeia, Oschon, Althyk and Llymlaen.

More notably, these 4 are two of the constellations for AST. The Spire (Byregot and Rhalgr) and the Balance (Azeyma and Nald'thal).

So that means the other raids will likely have the Bole (Nophica and Althyk), the Arrow (Oschon and Llymlaen), the Ewer (Thaliak and Nymeia) and the Spear (Halone and Menphina).

They also are associated with one of the six elements in these combos, Lightning (The Spire), Fire (The Balance), Water (The Ewer), Ice (The Spear), Wind (The Arrow) and Earth (The Bole).

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, it should be noted that Nald'thal being twins is supposed to be something that's specific to Ul'dah's interpretation of the deity; supposedly everywhere else in Eorzea he's treated as a singular entity. That's why the pantheon as a whole is referred to as "the Twelve" and not "the Thirteen."

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I noticed the person on the toy car, but I somehow missed that it really is just Nero, huh?
https://twitter.com/DividusYliaster/status/1509864319646900226?s=20&t=WW3G-0jQW_eEf6JFyt0JUw

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, it should be noted that Nald'thal being twins is supposed to be something that's specific to Ul'dah's interpretation of the deity; supposedly everywhere else in Eorzea he's treated as a singular entity. That's why the pantheon as a whole is referred to as "the Twelve" and not "the Thirteen."

Fair, however a name of a group of people in a Final Fantasy adjacent series being incorrectly numbered because of a strange double life of one member that makes them kind of twins kind of separate kind of not is not a new thing (Kingdom Hearts natch).

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Here's an Imgur album of the printouts they showed for the Alliance Raid armor:
https://imgur.com/a/TxbDDDe

And another for the Hrothgar hair, including the B2 haircut:
https://imgur.com/a/lpXmgWc

(Screenshots again from the Reddit Discord.)

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Confirmed 2 totems for each clear of the new Extreme.

And now onto the Adventurer Plates.

You can customize and set templates that let you swap for different situations, and there's some defaults as well if you don't want to make your own.

Some other examples:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
You can also set permissions for your plate, so it can be public, for friends or completely private. They're looking to add more options, like letting people in your FC see it, but those first three are what they're going to have to start with.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The Portrait editor has a bunch of the same tools as Gpose, so there's a good bit of tweaking you can do. They specifically call out adjustable lights as something that isn't there, but they are planning to add it in a later patch.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I remember reading somewhere that Nald'thal being twin gods was something made up by the localization in 1.0 and then the Japanese team went "sure why not" and made it retroactively canon? Or something like that.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Clarste posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Nald'thal being twin gods was something made up by the localization in 1.0 and then the Japanese team went "sure why not" and made it retroactively canon? Or something like that.

They at least always had the two different statue designs in Ul'dah for Nald'thal.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The story I remember from some interview with Koji, was that he really wanted to use "Thal's balls" as a PG-ish friendly curse, and proposed to have Nald'thal be separated into two so that it would work. I can't remember which interview it was so I'm not sure when that was, but I think it was for 2.0 and not during the patches for 1.x. I might be wrong on the timing, though.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
I suspect that the talk about making Nald'thal a dual god so Koji could make a silly joke was set in stone during 1.0, given that the original Ul'dah city music was titled "The Twin Faces of Fate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7X2HQg_Okc

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're getting into PvP, but first a little more on the Plates:
You can assign templates to a gear set.
For now it'll primarily pop up for PvP, but they're working on getting it for other stuff, Mahjong in particular was called out.
Some of the customization options will be tied to completed content, quests and achievements. For the old content they're going to reference the achievements you have.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Clarste posted:

It's not retroactive if they were still making up the lore at the time. The localisation team co-writes the lore. Koji is credited for it in the cinematics.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
For PvP, all Job actions have been adjusted, for all PvP content.

Every Job will have their own unique limit break.

They weren't able to get the adjustments done for Rival Wings on time, so it's been disabled until 6.2.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hunter’s Chance :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They're now going to show some Crystal Conflict gameplay, including how the portraits will play into it.