Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hughmoris posted:

Rookie Switch question:

I bought a standard Switch that I've connected to my TV, and I have the one controller that came with it. I have family coming to stay with me for a few days. Are there any recommended 2 player couch co-op games that can be played by splitting that one controller in to 2 pads?

The family member is older so hopefully something slow paces like golf or streets of rage etc...

Streets of Rage 4 is a delight and a lots of fun and you can button mash your way into cleaning the streets. Plenty of solo content for when they leave.

Good Job! is a very fun physics "sandbox".

Untitled Goose Game is laugh out loud funny and can go as fast or slow as you want. Might be tough if they're not great with control systems.

I've heard good things about What the Golf?!

And if you want to pay lots of cash, Kirby Star Allies is a cakewalk to run through with people and I figure the new Kirby is too.

And the golden standard of multiplayer games are your Mario Sports: Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf. All let you use a single joy-con with no issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm pretty sure every single multiplayer game can be played with single joy cons, as a basic requirement for certification

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

flavor.flv posted:

I'm pretty sure every single multiplayer game can be played with single joy cons, as a basic requirement for certification

Dang, is this true for Diablo 3? Seems impossible

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A single joycon actually has more buttons than the Switch itself.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

One is a sort of pre-Disgaia Disgaia starring the Thiccest Nun and Nicholas D Wolfwood and the other is a musical JRPG

Sold!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Supper Mario Broth is the only true game journalist.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

As one of five people who not only knew Rhapsody existed but owned a copy and enjoyed the hell out of it, I am unreasonably excited about this announcement and it's probably a day one purchase for me.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

XBC 1 is just never ending. I didn't feel like the actual plot had many pacing issues as you progressed through the game, but once you get to the final 3 chapters it just feels insane. Tons of "Haha! But is I, the true final villain!" stuff going on, and it feels like the plot keeps stalling out every time it gets close to the end, because they aren't ready for it to be over yet. I really enjoy my time with the first 80% or so fo this game, but now I'm just ready for it to be over with.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

External Organs posted:

Shake to roll, click the stick to 'shift' the face buttons to the d-pad controls, and I think the main shoulder buttons stay active as well as the SL/SR buttons. I've only played low-level co-op on new characters with my partner so we didn't need too many buttons yet, but it worked well enough for that.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

External Organs posted:

I thought the same for Age of Calamity, but nope, it has single Joy-Con controls for co-op :eyepop:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
nintendo sucks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo sucks

heel turn

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo sucks

no u

Rumor has it a second Capcom Arcade Stadium is in the works.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo sucks

Today is the day for craziness, after all.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo sucks

I get it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo sucks

Yeah.

*grumpily plays pokemon on an underpowered console because there's no other legal way*

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sega... ftw

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Hughmoris posted:

Rookie Switch question:

I bought a standard Switch that I've connected to my TV, and I have the one controller that came with it. I have family coming to stay with me for a few days. Are there any recommended 2 player couch co-op games that can be played by splitting that one controller in to 2 pads?

The family member is older so hopefully something slow paces like golf or streets of rage etc...

Welcome to the fold :getin:

You might check out clubhouse games for some slower paced multiplayer. But definitely research which games can have multi with only a single switch

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Agrias120 posted:

XBC 1 is just never ending. I didn't feel like the actual plot had many pacing issues as you progressed through the game, but once you get to the final 3 chapters it just feels insane. Tons of "Haha! But is I, the true final villain!" stuff going on, and it feels like the plot keeps stalling out every time it gets close to the end, because they aren't ready for it to be over yet. I really enjoy my time with the first 80% or so fo this game, but now I'm just ready for it to be over with.

There are definitely various simultaneous villains, and some villains are blatantly against lesser or cross-factional villains. I think they do a better job with that overall in XBC2 and get a little more breathing room for motivations.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

As one of five people who not only knew Rhapsody existed but owned a copy and enjoyed the hell out of it, I am unreasonably excited about this announcement and it's probably a day one purchase for me.

:same:

Is this the playstation or the DS version? Looks like La Pucelle Tactics is the PSP version in English for the first time.

It'll never happen but English releases of the Rhapsody sequels would be amazing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I mean, sure its niche but 5 is a bit low. Idk it might have been super big in japan but even in the west it had a dedicated interest base

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Triangle Strategy is GOAT tier

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I just did a mission in Triangle Strategy where I avoided using "contraptions" that would give me an advantage at the behest of public good on hard mode and it was a nail biter
Goty

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Waffle! posted:

no u

Rumor has it a second Capcom Arcade Stadium is in the works.

I thought Capcom said they were going to update Arcade Stadium with new games? Seems like it would make more business sense than separating it all in two collections.

In any case, expect a lot of them to be from that Capcom Fighting Collection coming out in June and the Street Fighter collection

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 1, 2022

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Gimme punisher and avp!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Willo567 posted:

I thought Capcom said they were going to update Arcade Stadium with new games? Seems like it would make more business sense than separating it all in two collections.

In any case, expect a lot of them to be from that Capcom Fighting Collection coming out in June and the Street Fighter collection

They've already done two Street Fighter collections, what more can they add other than the crappy 3D ones?

I have both because one has the HD graphics and Violent Ken, while the other has 3rd Strike.

E: I forgot one of those upcoming collections has Pocket Fighter, and that was fun back in the day.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 2, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Waffle! posted:

They've already done two Street Fighter collections, what more can they add other than the crappy 3D ones?

I have both because one has the HD graphics and Violent Ken, while the other has 3rd Strike.

E: I forgot one of those upcoming collections has Pocket Fighter, and that was fun back in the day.

Well in Arcade Stadium they added Street Fighter II, Super Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting despite them already being on the Street Fighter 30th Anniversay Collection. I could see them putting the Alpha games and Street Fighter III: Third Strike despite them already being on said collection, along with the Darkstalker games and Super Gem Fighter and Puzzle Fighter

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Junkie Disease posted:

Gimme punisher and avp!

https://youtu.be/3JtZGlkh7jI

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sega was the better company. Why'd they have to go?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sega made some very questionable business decisions

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

surprisingly, sega is actually still around

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The 32x was a surefire winner, it was the market that was wrong for not buying it.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if you didnt buy knuckles chaotix then you are a stupid person

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Triangle Strategy is GOAT tier

its so good

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Willo567 posted:

The worst business sense would be updating it with more games rather than selling a new collection. Polar opposite.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Fly Ricky posted:

The worst business sense would be updating it with more games rather than selling a new collection. Polar opposite.

The Arcade Stadium app is free - you pay for the games separately or in bundles

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Junkie Disease posted:

I just did a mission in Triangle Strategy where I avoided using "contraptions" that would give me an advantage at the behest of public good on hard mode and it was a nail biter
Goty

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Willo567 posted:

The Arcade Stadium app is free - you pay for the games separately or in bundles

Yeah but it’s yesterdays news at this point. They need a new release to generate press, hype, and get featured in the store.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I know, but I still wish they still made consoles.

An Actual Princess posted:

surprisingly, sega is actually still around

Sega as we knew it died in 2004 after Sammy took over and merged/killed their studios.

Outrun 2 was the last "true" Sega game in many ways.

There is a reason why it was the last of the "Dreamcast legacy" titles released that generation and it wasn't because Sega understood that the games sold like crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

I've played and loved River City Girls. I'm wondering if River City Zero is worth buying if I enjoyed River City Girls?

Just a heads up from my memory of playing it as a kid River City Zero doesn't have items, stats or new moves you earn. It's basically a 1-2 hour beat em up on rails. Up to you if you find that worth the money.