Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Finally hit proper T2 last night by finishing Yorn and getting to 896. I wasn't expecting much from Yorn since it just seemed like Legally Distinct Ironforge, but they really committed to it and it was pretty charming.

I still need to push my sharpshooter to 50 since I think that may be my main job (at least until arcana, lance master or artist), but at least now I can start poking at t2 content and islands.

I'm glad I just sat back and accepted that I'm not approaching this game as something I want to rush to endgame on, it does feel like it makes the jank and AGS wonkiness less stressful to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

Hit 1370 today! :woop: So that is exciting, but I didn't realize how much of a barrier all of a sudden goes up once you get to that point. You need to do Argos, and the two tier 3 Abyssal Dungeons on Hardmode in order to get the legendary gear necessary to keep honing upwards. The problem with this is that most of the playerbase is not good enough to clear this challenging content. Hell, I am not good enough. Been banging my head against a brick wall getting random groups that simply can't do anything right, other than blame each other for the failure.
If we want to organize a goon group on NA east I'll go. I'm fairly geared and have cleared it for a few weeks now.

Main differences in hard mode are:

Fight1: Stand in purple stuff to reduce your stagger. Staggering the boss does nothing but make the fight harder in hard mode. Someone has to be there for the grab too probably.

Fight2: Seto is pretty much the same. Keep not getting hit by him.

Wing2

Fight1: Bring time stop potions, use it during water whirlwind instawipe. Cheeses the mechanic completely.

Fight2: It's still "don't get hit". Make sure people are assigned to northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast for stars but that's true in normal mode too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 31, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Tortolia posted:

Finally hit proper T2 last night by finishing Yorn and getting to 896. I wasn't expecting much from Yorn since it just seemed like Legally Distinct Ironforge, but they really committed to it and it was pretty charming.

I still need to push my sharpshooter to 50 since I think that may be my main job (at least until arcana, lance master or artist), but at least now I can start poking at t2 content and islands.

I'm glad I just sat back and accepted that I'm not approaching this game as something I want to rush to endgame on, it does feel like it makes the jank and AGS wonkiness less stressful to deal with.

I really enjoy T2. There is a variety of fights to do and you have enough substats now that they start to feel impactful. The gearing still feels good in t2 as well

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SweetJahasus posted:

First off you only need lvl 1 peacemaker. Get lv3 hit master instead. Also you have the two worst negative boons so try to get rid of both of those. If you have to take a negative take like defense or move speed (since GS has so much base mobility). That's probably where you should start.

idiotsavant posted:

why do you have almost 600 Dominion :mrwhite:

also attack power AND speed seem kind of rough. There are plenty of other engravings that are probably just as good as Grudge if you can get them clean (Cursed Doll, Hit Master, Keen Blunt, maybe Adrenaline). Afaik you don't need T3 Peacemaker either; that's 10 points you can stick into something like Adrenaline or Cursed Doll but that's a little more marginal.

Thank you for the advice! I was Googling around for help and build advice last night, and this is what I came up with, but started to notice that there was a lot of incomplete and conflicting information out there. So decided to come here. Outing myself as being totally clueless in the end game, but better that than continuing to flounder around not know what I am doing. So going to focus on engravings some more, and then make changes from there.

https://i.imgur.com/xszqh8c.mp4

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 31, 2022

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I'll finish Punika this evening. Does anyone have a link to a good "so you're in T3 now, do this stuff" guide inclusive of islands, important quests, etc? Bonus points if it's a write up instead of a video! Would also take general advice if anyone wants to effortpost about it. I haven't found anything of the level of detail I'd like casually googling.

If it matters, I am a Bard.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The only thing outside the standard stuff is to do Anguish Island for the daily (it's not an Una). You get a key to run a dungeon on the island and it gives currency to buy leapstones and some engraving chests. Should take you maybe 15 mins in total to do the daily + dungeon.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Hy_C posted:

The only thing outside the standard stuff is to do Anguish Island for the daily (it's not an Una). You get a key to run a dungeon on the island and it gives currency to buy leapstones and some engraving chests. Should take you maybe 15 mins in total to do the daily + dungeon.

ohh, I haven't done this. thanks for the tip!

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Finally through Feiton and the story sections of this game continue to sap my will to live. Punika is all that's left, right? At least for now?

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Does auto-dismantle work for y’all? I keep updating it on all my characters but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it dismantle something. I keep getting tons of blues after chaos dungeons that should be dismantled based on my settings.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Hefty posted:

Does auto-dismantle work for y’all? I keep updating it on all my characters but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it dismantle something. I keep getting tons of blues after chaos dungeons that should be dismantled based on my settings.

If you're on a higher tier than T1 make sure you've got it set to the correct tier. Check the "Apply Auto Dismantle" field to Upon Gaining. And also it won't work if you've got things pending in your dismantled "inventory"

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

SkyeAuroline posted:

Finally through Feiton and the story sections of this game continue to sap my will to live. Punika is all that's left, right? At least for now?

Yeah, just Punika and it's much quicker than Feiton.

Not sure if it was because of burning out, or the super grimdark edgelordness of Feiton, or because it's actually a lot longer than the other continents, but it definitely felt like it took the longest.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Xalidur posted:

I'll finish Punika this evening. Does anyone have a link to a good "so you're in T3 now, do this stuff" guide inclusive of islands, important quests, etc? Bonus points if it's a write up instead of a video! Would also take general advice if anyone wants to effortpost about it. I haven't found anything of the level of detail I'd like casually googling.

If it matters, I am a Bard.

Tripods unlock at T3. Go into your skills tab and hit the settings button and click the skills you use to track them on drops. The game will automatically mark the items that are an upgrade for you when it drops with a multicoloured triangle. Tripods can also be saved at the tripod npc in the tripod storage. You are able to transfer for free if you do it this way. You can also transfer one tripod to another piece but failure breaks the item. Don't go breaking gear that may be good for you.

Omnium stars also show up for T3. These have really good rewards like skill points and the highly useful legendary wealth rune. If you play a class that uses your specialization meter in anyway this will probably be the bis rune. For the easy ones, there is one una task with it (pond purification or something), anguish island daily also has one (rng drop from the boss Stella,) there is a short questline that gives it after beating the msq of punika, and finally a boat that sells one for 8000 sun coins (travelling merchant boat that appears every 15-30minutes outside punika.) The rest are a RNG drop from world boss Moake and a long rapport with Nia.

That's about all the stuff I can think of at the top of my head for T3.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Hy_C posted:

more importantly the boss drops an Omnium Star, so start grinding early.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Punika is all that's left, and it's some super cringey poo poo so buckle up.

I said come in! posted:

Thank you for the advice! I was Googling around for help and build advice last night, and this is what I came up with, but started to notice that there was a lot of incomplete and conflicting information out there. So decided to come here. Outing myself as being totally clueless in the end game, but better that than continuing to flounder around not know what I am doing. So going to focus on engravings some more, and then make changes from there.

Yeah secondary stats are absolutely vital to make end-game builds work, and I only figured it out after reading a few build guides myself. Specifically Demonic Visage Shadow Hunter & Deathstrike Sharpshooter - if you want effective skill rotations you must have your Specialization at a certain level, have your class engravings at the proper level, and manage your identity gauge skills + tripods. When that's all set up properly it's smooth as silk - I can use my 3 ID skills on Sharpshooter to build gauge and pop my hawk, drop all my burst, and then immediately go straight back to 3 id skills + pop hawk. I need more CDR on my burst skills so I can line things up for endless back-to-back rotations but it's pretty close.

Same thing with Shadow Hunter - when you're set up properly you run through all your normal skills once, and at the end you should have a full gauge to transform. When you aren't set up properly you end up needing to run through your skills 1.5x or sometimes even more, and it can really wreck the effectiveness of the build. Likewise some engravings like Keen Blunt are very powerful, but you absolutely must have proper crit levels to make them effective.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Got to 1365 after today's injection of materials from the event. Jumped up 10 item levels with all the successful honings. Books are great. I could push to 1370 since I'm really close but I think I'll wait another week for the books to hit 1370. It'll end up saving more with the materials saved than whatever increased materials/gold I can farm in 1370 I think. Its tempting though.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

did they remove the buffs from the event guardian raid? just did one where it took 16 minutes to kill frost helgia and the last two bosses both had around 50%?

people seemed to be playing well and pushing their buttons

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It worked fine for me both times earlier.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
Today is the one you have to break the tail of the scorpion after it gets staggered. You only have time for about two attacks before it gets back up.

So it only works if people know to save their weak point skills for the tail, and people on average are dumb.

The other ones you get the buff just by staggering or by breaking a shell which is always hittable. So those tend to happen even if you just mash your face on the keyboard, which is how I play.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Each day has a set of 3 where one of the guardians specifically needs to either have parts broken or be staggered. Today was the scorpion's tail, the turtle's armor is another one, the tree dude's armor, and I think you need to just stagger the red dragon dude when he's in there. Basically you just want to fight the other 2 dudes until you figure out which one causes the important guardian to come to their aid. After that it should be over in a few minutes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It feels like there is a lot of random bad luck in Argos. :/ I know the mechanics at this point, but am still dying to stuff.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Shield pots are useful for times you know you’ll be eating some damage (like the small pizza phase). Some of his abilities are very hard to avoid if you get unlucky but using good health pots and the shield ones helps a lot.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Argos really isn't that difficult. I cleared p3 last week in a pug and did it in about an hour. At the ilevel and player experience level in which you encounter the content id say Argos p3 is on par with the two t2 abyssal dungeons.

Content is going to get a lot harder with Valtan and beyond, but Argos is tuned just fine for the ilevels in which you encounter it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
There's a pretty huge difference between people who were 1400+ last week and people just hitting 1370 this week.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

There's a pretty huge difference between people who were 1400+ last week and people just hitting 1370 this week.
Argos is allegedly ilvl normalized on our version of the game. There's certainly a difference in experience, engravings, tripods, and probably gems.

I say allegedly because my p1 group the other week almost hit enrage with only me & one other left standing. My p2 group last week cleared p1 with >8 minutes on the clock.

I said come in! posted:

It feels like there is a lot of random bad luck in Argos. :/ I know the mechanics at this point, but am still dying to stuff.
What class? It's hard to say what's going wrong without a description or video.

The map wide staggered avalanche thing you can run between without taking damage if you can't move out of it on time. Ideally you'd be close to the boss and in the safe zone but stuff happens.

Small pizza, it's always worth it to try to do the mechanic. Just make sure you're on a good spot at the end or that you use a time stop potion if you mess up bad. Look at one of the final spots and then "follow" where it goes. There is one or two things to memorize, and it's when it "turns around".

There is some damage through various head/tail attacks. You can avoid it a lot of the time but sometimes you get hit. These don't do that much damage, but they will eat up a pot or two over the course of the fight.

Something like a bard is much harder to not get hit on than anything with a mobility skill.

I only really know the fight from melee perspective & I've never had a support in my groups. With no supp, you want to run time stop (or shield pot depends on class), dark bomb (personally I don't use these on p1, waste of resources), healing pot of some kind, and a campfire.

Argos definitely takes some attempts to get used to. And if you didn't clear it today after some attempts then going back to it tomorrow will also make it seem easier.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 1, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Got to 1340 on my Paladin last night and did the new guardian, and the second abyss dungeon. Both were fun except the tiny star pattern on the last boss in Oreha whatever — they’re like “oh you’re playing on a laptop screen in forced 21:9? haha gently caress you.”

I assume the next step is hone more at like 20% success chance? I have zero desire to do that, so I threw some ilvl at my other T1 alts, got 2 to 600, and went back to queueing for PvP. I should do Yorn on them but uuuugh.

It doesn’t seem like any of the stuff I can buy with these abyss tokens is better than the stuff that drops from chaos dungeons in T3 or am I wrong?

I really wish they’d let you do abyss dungeons more than once a week anyway though. It’s the best PvE content (imo) and they already have a way of limiting the amount of gold/rewards you can get from it, just lemme queue anyway, jerks!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Buy accessories with the purple T3 abyss tokens. The purple Abyss gear costs gold and isn't any better than the purple Chaos Dungeon gear.

But yeah, you just gotta hone more. Up to maybe +12 you can get pretty decent rates with one of the free event books plus the cheap boosting materials, after that you're more just throwing attempts at it until you either hit the low-odds roll or reach pity.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I’ve already got purple accessories but I can gamble for better stats/engravings I guess.

I wish honing was either less of a pain in the rear end or the results were more exciting than “50 more strength yay!!”

Also, while I’m on a rant here, why the gently caress is it like 6 clicks to hone something? And why does everything you do have a confirmation pop up, and a success confirmation? Smilegate can’t afford UX designers or what?

Hefty fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 1, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Hefty posted:

except the tiny star pattern on the last boss in Oreha whatever — they’re like “oh you’re playing on a laptop screen in forced 21:9? haha gently caress you.”
View it as a shape instead of trying to count star points. Simple X, X with more lines (crab), and then the one that doesn't look like an X and has a ton of lines (star).

I hate how most videos & maxroll describe it because it's drawn with a shader that makes it look like there are a ton of points or whatever in-game. Some even fade in/out. If you go by simple shape it's so much easier.

re: honing, 1340/1350 are around when you need to stop caring about the percent and just view it as incremental progression. Planning on it doing it once per week, stopping when hitting some goal or when you run out of mats, and then going back to not caring about honing & working on other goals for a week enforces healthy longterm habits.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 1, 2022

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

release Scouter you cowards

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Cinara posted:

? What I was saying is that there is nothing mechanically difficult about Argos. His animation telegraphs are very long and easy to dodge. P1 is an absolute loot pinata, P2 requires a bit more teamwork and P3 is on the same level. However there is nothing too mechanically difficult in any phase. It's a decent difficulty bridge for where we are in the game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay on my gunslinger, I got my crit to 1314 today, from a stat of just like 4 previously at item level 1370. :P Basically all of my attacks are crits now.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Zotix posted:

? What I was saying is that there is nothing mechanically difficult about Argos. His animation telegraphs are very long and easy to dodge. P1 is an absolute loot pinata, P2 requires a bit more teamwork and P3 is on the same level. However there is nothing too mechanically difficult in any phase. It's a decent difficulty bridge for where we are in the game.

Yea my point was more that the average quality of player that was 1400 last week will be a decent bit higher than people doing phase 1 for their first time this week. Expecting to jump in for your first time ever in a pug and beat it in under an hour right now is asking a bit much for a lot of pugs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/playlostark/status/1510022502491176962

Roadmap still coming, Amazon is just really loving slow.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wish they would give any indication of when / what classes are coming.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

well you see some skins aren’t available for every class so who can say really

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wish they would give any indication of when / what classes are coming.

They have. Destroyer is next followed by arcana.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
To be fair, that's based on the leaked roadmap that they are explicitly reworking based on "feedback" (read, unending bitching on reddit and official forums). And one of the big points everyone is complaining about is too little new classes spread over too long period of time. So it's entirely possible there will be more classes released, or that they will be released in different order.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

To be fair, that's based on the leaked roadmap that they are explicitly reworking based on "feedback" (read, unending bitching on reddit and official forums). And one of the big points everyone is complaining about is too little new classes spread over too long period of time. So it's entirely possible there will be more classes released, or that they will be released in different order.

There’s at least one more place where they could have found endless bitching.

You also can’t release part of a roadmap before it’s done because things on the roadmap impact one another

cams
Mar 28, 2003

doing video games is very hard and i wish people would be more patient and less insanely angry about the free content update to their free video game

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

T1 and t2 guardians are still hella hosed.

They are way way over tuned and people don’t even bother with that poo poo especially with the poo poo rewards they give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

T1 and t2 guardians are still hella hosed.

They are way way over tuned and people don’t even bother with that poo poo especially with the poo poo rewards they give.

Yeah, both the T3 fox and T3 scorpion are somehow less difficult than their T1 and T2 versions, it's hilarious. In general, T3 guardians feel for the first time like something that was designed for you to do two times per day, instead of per week.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 2, 2022