Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's hard to tell if this is a joke not but, I kinda don't hate this

https://twitter.com/TheBillyWest/status/1509937006331129859

If they're gonna revive it a second time, might as well do something different with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That’s definitely an april fools

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

priznat posted:

That’s definitely an april fools

I could imagine it being half true, that they would use that style for a segment on a single episode or something.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I'm 90% certain I've seen that Fry render before so yeah it's just some April Fools.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

I didn't think I could get more disappointed by this, but here we are:

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1509878419689029637

edit: I guess this isn't really a movie but a series

The entire series has been like

bizarre.

It's Usagi Yojimbo but made into a marketable toyified children's cartoon by way of like, one of the recent TMNT series.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My brother and I just went to see The Bad Guys. It was a really funny and charming movie outside of one joke that was a bit childish, but still used well enough that we didn't mind it (specifically Pirahna's nerve farts)

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I thought Bad Guys wasn't out for a few more weeks, how are all these people seeing it?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Papercut posted:

I thought Bad Guys wasn't out for a few more weeks, how are all these people seeing it?

It may be out a bit early in the UK I don't know.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's also out now in Australia

We seem to get Dreamworks movies really early for some reason. HTTYD 3 opened here like 2 months before the US

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

drat Australia and their time zones

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
The bad guys, despicable me. What's next? Despicable three?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
There's a billboard for "The Bad Guys" next to my home and I am weirdly irritated by the fact that there's a mammal, a reptilian a bug and two fish. Every time I walk past that billboard I keep thinking that this stupid little piranha should have been an amphibian. Well I guess Disney owns the concept of amphibias nowadays.

Granted, I know literally nothing about that movie and maybe that's part of the plot, where a poisonous frog was a former gang member, before they had their falling out, shortly before they met that piranha. But this overrepresentation of fish is just not right.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 1, 2022

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
There's another goddamn Despicable Me and the monkey's paw is just sprouting new fingers to curl.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Das Boo posted:

There's another goddamn Despicable Me and the monkey's paw is just sprouting new fingers to curl.

All 3 Despicable Me movies are great though

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Minions/status/1509908453409632260

Ok this pretty drat funny.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

quote:

Desktop: Right-click on one of the very expensive drawings and it will be deposited to your computer.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

i never thought id be fighting side by side with a minion

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

PenguinKnight posted:

i never thought id be fighting side by side with a minion

How about side by side with a trend?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

BioEnchanted posted:

My brother and I just went to see The Bad Guys. It was a really funny and charming movie outside of one joke that was a bit childish, but still used well enough that we didn't mind it (specifically Pirahna's nerve farts)

Yeah that was my takeaway too. Had a blast watching it, it's really fun family-friendly heist/crime film.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ishikabibble posted:

The entire series has been like

bizarre.

It's Usagi Yojimbo but made into a marketable toyified children's cartoon by way of like, one of the recent TMNT series.

I mean, Usagi Yojimbo has literally appeared in at least one TMNT cartoon.

Gives me vibes of a way-too-late cash-in on Kung Fu Panda.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That Usagi show just makes me sad. While it was probably fun to work on, cg action cartoons always look like crap unless they have Dreamworks dragons money behind them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The CG TMNT actually got pretty good later on, when they were clearly throwing their money around. But yeah, even the well accomplished ones like Sonic Boom tend to run up against the limits of their budgets quickly.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The CG TMNT actually got pretty good later on, when they were clearly throwing their money around. But yeah, even the well accomplished ones like Sonic Boom tend to run up against the limits of their budgets quickly.

That's probably why the better ones focus on the comedy. Sonic Boom wasn't remembered for being an action cartoon, it was well liked because people found it really funny.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Yeah, I never actually watched it but ever clip I've seen from Sonic Boom was exceedingly funny.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Some of it's honestly better without context since they have to at least try to wrap every episode around a stock action cartoon plot. And you can tell they struggle with the budget when one-off and background characters who are deliberately designed to be bland and boring compared to the protagonists start being named regulars.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

FunkyAl posted:

The bad guys, despicable me. What's next? Despicable three?

Despicable Thee: A Time Travel Adventure

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wasn't there supposed to be some new Minions movie coming out at some point that would go into Gru's origins?

Also apparently a Despicable Me 4 was announced a little while ago but it won't be out until 2024

https://screenrant.com/despicable-me-4-news-updates-release-date-story/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Larryb posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be some new Minions movie coming out at some point that would go into Gru's origins?

Minions: The Rise of Gru comes out July 1st in the US, nearly 2 years to the day it was supposed to come out (July 3rd, 2020)

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The new Kung Fu panda cartoon stills they've released look pretty good, at least from what you can see of the lighting and texturing. The previous series were done in India and used a sound-alike for Jack Black, now that the movies have ended I guess they needed a higher profile cartoon to recapture consciousness of the IP so they brought back Jack Black and have a studio in Vancouver doing the animation for the upcoming show.

There's also this big push into Unreal to get around the lack of lighting and compositing resources tv shows have. In film and vfx the lighting render passes are split into like 30 different attributes that comp can tweak to make the final image look really good. TV they usually just press the "render" button after setting the default sequence lighting and comp can maybe tweak the shadows or add 2d motion blur. I've been on tv shows where the comp department is one guy, whereas in movies they've usually got like 300 compositors working 16 hour days tweaking every frame.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Today I formally accepted an offer for BG layout on that Superman show posted a while back. :3: Also we picked up like, half my crew from Pantheon and Jane Bak is our AD. The budget's tight, but it's being very expertly designed!

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Today I formally accepted an offer for BG layout on that Superman show posted a while back. :3: Also we picked up like, half my crew from Pantheon and Jane Bak is our AD. The budget's tight, but it's being very expertly designed!

Awesome!

Also didn't know there was a new Superman show coming.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Das Boo posted:

Congrads!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

ThermoPhysical posted:

Awesome!

Also didn't know there was a new Superman show coming.

Dis 'un:

The 7th Guest posted:

new cute superman just dropped

ImpAtom posted:

Congrads!

Thank ya! Can't spill a lot, but Jake Wyatt's the showrunner and he's been working on this at least since Zim. Expect a ton of doofy anime jokes because Jake is Jake and that's how he breathes. This Supes has a fairly unique curveball that I'm pretty into.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The dude who made Necropolis? That rules.

Congrats on the cool new job.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The same Jake Wyatt who did necropolis and Peni Parker? drat

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
That's the lad! He's a pure ray of sunshine in a despondent corporate sea.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hey cool. I’m a big Superman fan and while Batman always seems to have a cartoon in one form or another, Superman has been adrift since Justice League Unlimited ended (let’s not talk about the DCU animated movies...)

Hope this will be fun.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was interested when they cast Jack Quaid as Superman. That dude kicks rear end and he’s been awesome in everything as of late.

He was my favorite part of the new scream movie

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Very cool! Congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Ccs posted:

Hey cool. I’m a big Superman fan and while Batman always seems to have a cartoon in one form or another, Superman has been adrift since Justice League Unlimited ended (let’s not talk about the DCU animated movies...)

Hope this will be fun.

Justice League vs The Fatal Five was pretty fun, but otherwise, yeah.

Also nice to see Lois Lane given some proper character, so many versions struggle to do anything with her.