Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for ignoring my aunt's health issues?

quote:

A while ago, I (28F) received a call from my aunt. I don't have the greatest relationship with her since she was really disrespectful to me and my issues (force-feeding me when I had an ED, cutting my clothes cause they were "ugly", ripping my books cause I was reading instead of paying attention to her), so I was quite surprised when she called me asking for help with her appendectomy, although that wasn't the only surprising factor.

While it is true that I am a doctor, I am definitely not a surgeon and I do have my obligations as associated with my position (I have board certifications in Neurology and Internal Medicine and work in Diagnostics).

She's never even regarded me as a good doctor despite my achievements I've been too ashamed to brag about in her presence. That's mainly because I have multiple tattoos, piercings and am really introverted.

Either way, I told her it wasn't possible for me to just fly 4000 miles to deal with something I wasn't familiar with and ignore my responsibilities as a doctor, first and foremost. I also recommended a good hospital and surgeon, but she didn't follow through and went to the local ER, where the doctor did a rather sleazy job. Everybody's blaming me for it now.

Her 5 children all called me fuming about how I was letting their mother die and how I should get my license revoked for not caring about people (as a doctor). They called me names I'd rather not remember and even went as far as threatening me and my career (suing for malpractice).

This is not the first time they do this. They got mad when my husband (an app developer) wouldn't remove the viruses in my cousin's computer (who literally works in tech).

That being said, so much of my trauma stems from their malicious treatment towards me as a kid and, while I haven't thought of myself this way in a long time, since they used to call me a lovely person when I was a kid, as well, I'm sort of starting to debate whether or not I actually am one.

AITA for not doing more to help my aunt?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOU family!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

house of the dad posted:

I still don't understand the point of DNA testing beyond checking for familial markers for disease. There's almost no value in learning this information now. Maybe he'll come across this himself at a later date but just let the guy live his life believing the man who raised him was his dad.

If you've got a better way to give your DNA to the police while paying some company $90, I'd like to hear it.

quantumwell posted:

I can't imagine being around someone who is constantly boasting about their bowel movements, is it a scat fetish ?

And yeah there are products out there like Cottonelle Flush wipes and Dude wipes and Tucks that would eliminate the
weird need to shower.

It's a toxic masculinity thing. If it was a poo poo fetish, we'd know about it because those guys are... not subtle. If personal grooming is gay, then being a filth golem is really butch and manly. Was gonna say, if this dude lives somewhere with a sewer, use flushable wipes (or cut out the middleman and use a bidet). He could even carry a travel pack around in his pocket when he anticipates needing to poo poo in friends or family's toilets.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hughlander posted:

I also recommended a good hospital and surgeon, but she didn't follow through and went to the local ER, where the doctor did a rather sleazy job.

I wonder how that info got conveyed to OP.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hughlander posted:

Were they just expecting her to fly over and snip the appendix out herself? :stare:

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Read it through, then try to guess the spoilered example :lol:

AITA (35M) for not being able to cook well enough for my girlfriend (29F)?

quote:

My girlfriend moved in at the beginning of the year. She can't cook, and I've always regarded cooking as something I'm quite good at, so I make all our food.

However, my confidence in my abilities has been shaken since she moved in. She often sends things back/refuses to eat what I make because it's not prepared to her standards. She's quite particular with what she likes, and I try to cater to her preferences. But it seems that I get it wrong way more often than I get it right.

Some examples:

If I'm making her a sandwich, she likes it toasted to the exact halfway point between setting 3 and 4. Too much either way and she'll refuse to eat it. I've given up on eyeballing the settings entirely, and instead set a timer on my phone for 180 seconds. Even still, about 1/3 times she'll find something wrong with it. She puts her face right up to the toast and inspects it, and if there's a section that is slightly too brown or not brown enough - no good.

Rice is a big problem as well. She likes her rice to be perfectly dry. I used to eyeball the amount of water I'd use to cook rice, then drain off any excess at the end. But this wouldn't always be good enough for her, so I bought a rice cooker and started to use exact measurements. At first, this solved the issue, but recently she's been getting quite angry with me on the grounds that there's apparently still moisture in the rice.

But my real problem is the way she's handling her discontent. If I get something "wrong" then she'll roll her eyes and sigh. Sometimes when she's really exasperated she'll call me a loving idiot. She's very close with her friend group, and frequently complains to them about me not being able to cook properly. She says I have "man eyes" and that's why I can't follow instructions or get anything the way she wants it. Her friends sympathise, and think it's low effort that I can't do things the way she wants even after repeated complaints.

This came to a head on Tuesday. She was on the phone to her friend, who was complaining about her own boyfriend. After my girlfriend got off the phone, she said to me "Myra Hindley's boyfriend is the same as you - he can't even make a glass of water correctly."

I will admit, I got quite angry at this. I told her that the comparison is ridiculous and unfair, and that I wasn't happy with her making me out to be some bumbling idiot.

She said that I was being oversensitive and that I always cause arguments out of nothing. She gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the night, and has been very cold to me ever since - one word answers etc. If I try to talk to her about the issue, she again accuses me of trying to cause arguments.

I really don't know what to do. I'm at the point where I'm starting to doubt my perceptions of myself. I'm not saying that I am Gordon Ramsay Masterchef 5star Michelin boi, but I thought I was fairly decent at cooking. I also have never viewed myself as an argumentative or oversensitive type.

Am I being a dick here?

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

Sex haver OP could pull a big dub just by asking why she says thanks. Could be a spicy chat if he’s willing to lean into the intimacy instead of immediately moving to “ugh stop” at the first sign of novelty.

Chef OP needs to run away FAST.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Invisible Clergy posted:

If you've got a better way to give your DNA to the police while paying some company $90, I'd like to hear it.

It's even better! When you give the police your DNA, you're giving the police your immediate family's DNA, and their immediate family's, and so forth, and one of them might be set up for a crime they didn't commit! You're not just selling yourself out, you're selling out your entire biological family!

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

Invisible Clergy posted:

Was gonna say, if this dude lives somewhere with a sewer, use flushable wipes (or cut out the middleman and use a bidet). He could even carry a travel pack around in his pocket when he anticipates needing to poo poo in friends or family's toilets.

Hi I work in wastewater management. Please do not use "flushable" wipes.

Basically nothing that didn't actually come out of your body is really flushable. Toilet paper is okay if you must, but nothing else, please.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

Lmao, that's good spoiler use.

That'd be instant "ok well have fun making your own food from now on" territory if the larger picture wasn't I can't imagine living with a person who acted like this in the first place.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

artsy fartsy posted:

This is an abusive relationship, please run OP. Run as far as you can, then a bit farther.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I had to go look for that one and sounds like he's already packed her poo poo up while she's hanging out with friends.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Hughlander posted:

I've been too ashamed to brag about in her presence

Wow, this must be absolute torture for a neurologist.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

run on sentience posted:

I had to go look for that one and sounds like he's already packed her poo poo up while she's hanging out with friends.

He probably packed it all wrong :rolleyes:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

That'd be instant "ok well have fun making your own food from now on" territory if the larger picture wasn't I can't imagine living with a person who acted like this in the first place.
Not having a valuable life skill like being able to cook at age 29 should be a dealbreaker for anyone. And I say this as a man who always cooked even when I didn't
know what I was doing.

iustorum_anime
Apr 4, 2016

artsy fartsy posted:

"Myra Hindley's boyfriend is the same as you - he can't even make a glass of water correctly."

Am I missing a reference or a pun or something here, or was she actually just comparing him to one of history’s most notorious child rapists/murderers because he toasted her toast too much

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kimbo305 posted:

I wonder how that info got conveyed to OP.

In the form of 5+ screaming phone calls, I'd assume.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Chef OP:

quote:

Haha, I'm going to post an update as a response to this comment because it's probably my favourite one so far.

I made this post when I came back from work today. I texted her twice throughout the day, and she left them both on read. She wasn't here when I arrived home - she'd left through the back door which has a split spindle (i.e. automatically locks when closed) and left her keys in the bowl, which is where she leaves them when she has plans to go out with her friends (so she doesn't lose them when drunk).

I've saw on Insta that she's having pre-drinks at aforementioned friend's house, so I know she's fine. I'm not going to try to contact her over the phone right now, because I know her friends will get involved and things will turn in to a big drama dogpile. I'm going to pack up her stuff and leave it in the vestibule for when she returns tomorrow. The relationship is over. I know the way she is, and she's definitely going to ask me to return the money she contributed to household bills and food for the last 3 months. Honestly idgaf, that's fine. I've already prepped for this and I'll transfer it immediately if that's what she wants. I just want to be me again.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I wasn't expecting such a unanimous response.

(Numerous commenters tell him not to pay her.)

quote:

We've been together for 10 months total, she's lived here for 4. What I have observed over that time is the way she handles conflict with her friends and family.

She can be quite veangeful when she feels that she has been slighted, and will go out of her way to "teach people a lesson" and get revenge on them. She needs to feel like she ends things on a win, and that she has the upper hand. I'm happy to give her that in order to get rid of her.

Legally, she was never officially staying here - like for the recent census she still put down her mum and dad's address. And I didn't ask for an extortionate amount in financial contributions from her anyway. What I'd transfer her is basically what I'd have been paying towards bills and mortgage if she wasn't here anyway, so it's not a huge unexpected loss or anything.

I'd rather just prepare myself mentally to do it rather than have her do something mad like slash my tires etc.

Good on him for getting out.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Quackles posted:

Chef OP:

So she managed to play the angel for 6 months and then turned into a gaslighting harpy once she moved in ? Nice.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Quackles posted:

Chef OP:

Even if he pays her I would still assume he is getting his tires slashed.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

She's 24 and not paying rent, and refuses to consider moving out. The parents are assholes for sure, but people being put up at no expense don't really get to put conditions on their lodging.

This post is awesome, great job

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
He should save that money for the lawyer when he has to get a restraining order against her.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Quackles posted:

Chef OP:

This man is going to be found dead of an apparent rice-cooker-related accident

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Absurd Alhazred posted:

He should save that money for the lawyer when he has to get a restraining order against her.

spend it on a camera so he can get her put in jail after she slashes his tires/throws a brick through his window/whatever

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for telling my son exactly what my husband did despite him begging me not to tell?

quote:

I have a son (adam 14) from my previous marriage, I'm currently with my husband of 4 yrs. I handle everything related to Adam's school. He has a friend (Dean 14) that he started hanging out with a year ago. Dean is an amazing boy and has been nothing but a great influence for adam. I met Dean's dad (Mike) who's a single dad and we'd see each other daily for school pickup/drop offs. My husband kept asking about Mike and pointed out that he's being boundary stompping but I disagree.

Unfortunately, Adam fell sick months ago and had to undergo a surgery recently. It's been hard but Dean kept visiting, sometimes Mike would come too and my husband would either ignore Mike or make passive comments towards him. Mike picked up on that and I told my husband to knock it off cause his hostility affected Adam and Dean as well.

Days ago, I found Adam crying in his room, this was weeks after getting discharged, I asked and he said that Dean sent him a text telling him they were no longer friends and blocked his number. I was confused they were fine. I wanted to go talk to Dean but the next day I found his phone in my husband's car. I confronted him and he said he "borrowed" it from Dean but I didn't buy it. After pushing he confessed that he stole Dean's phone at the hospital and sent Adam a text telling him to not contact him again. I asked why and he said it was all Mike's fault for being too close to me and acting inappropriately, and said that he didn't want to directly tell Adam to no longer speak to Dean and chose this stratagy to not make Adam hate him while keeping Dean and by extention Mike away. This hit a nerve so hard I started screaming at him. He said he already expressed how uncomfertable he felt with Mike being around and I kept brushing it off. I said it was because of how ridiculous his argument was, Mike has been nothing but respectable and helpful, I yelled calling him insecure and unreasonable and also cruel for causing Adam heartache with his stunt. He begged I don't tell Adam but I took the phone and returned it to dean and exlained to him and Adam what happened.

Adam is no longer speaking to my husband and he is blaming me for telling instead of keeping it between the adults like I'm supposed to.

i wonder what homeboy thought was going to happen when the kids saw each other at school. but no dude, you'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for your meddling wife

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for telling my son exactly what my husband did despite him begging me not to tell?

i wonder what homeboy thought was going to happen when the kids saw each other at school. but no dude, you'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for your meddling wife

You know he didn't because that'd involve thinking about someone other than the most important person in the universe. Himself.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for renting out my husband‘a man cave?

quote:

Since we moved into our house 3 years ago my husband lives in his man cave. The walkout basement that he plays video games in mostly is a 1 bed, 1 bath with a small bar area that can serve as a kitchen. He only comes up for food, to prep for work or to sleep and it’s been bothering me because he never helps with the housework or our 2 sons. But at least he goes to work so I let it go and leave him be.

5 months ago he was laid off his job and has been applying for another one in sales. Right now he’s collecting unemployment and along with my teacher’s salary it isn’t enough to cover everything. My son(9M) has been playing guitar for 4 years and loves it. But his lessons and guitar are quite expensive around $300 a month and my other son does kickboxing which is $170 a month. I didn’t want them to have to give up their activities so I looked for other ways to make money. My husband is very prideful and won’t work a job beneath him, I’ve already tried to convince him to work a $16/hour cashier job for our family friend and he refuses because it would be humiliating having friends see him work at a cash register at 37 year old.

So I found that we could rent the basement out for $1100 a month and it would allow my sons to stay with their activities. I told my husband who refused saying it was his space. I argued I didn’t get a space and if he wanted to keep it he should get a job while he’s looking for another sale’s job. He got angry and told me it was his house and he won’t allow it being rented out. We both put down payments down and we both make money in this house but it’s his house?! I told him we are not making ends meet and he told me to cancel all unnecessary spending including our son’s activities. I argued if he got a job or agreed to rent out the downstairs they wouldn’t have to and he said that wasn’t his problem.

I posted it on Facebook just to see if anyone would be interested and a student reached out. She is a college student who wanted to rent and it was a perfect fit because she didn’t have a pet and was going to be gone most of the day anyway. I said ok and went excited to my husband who was really pissed saying we aren’t renting out “his space”. I was pissed he wouldn’t sacrifice anything for our sons when I’m working and raising them and he isn’t working now but isn’t doing anything to help. I told him I was moving out with our sons and I think he recognized I was serious and gave up and told me to do whatever I wanted. I moved his gaming stuff to our living room and the student moved in today. He is still pissed that I undermined him and I feel kind of bad because I didn’t want to make the decision without his agreement but at the same time I feel he was selfish to refuse to either get a job or give up his man cave for our sons to continue their activities and keep us from going into debt

quote:

Men naturally are suppose to have man caves and all his friends have them. That’s how he justified it

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mx. posted:

Kick this rear end in a top hat out on the streets until he puts in the slightest effort to care about his family, and milk that m*nch*ldcave for all it's worth

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Foo Diddley posted:

I honestly cannot understand how this isn't an immediate divorce. Like "this marriage is over" before she even leaves the room. What the gently caress.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mx. posted:

sorry sweetie, you can't learn guitar anymore; daddy wanted several rooms to himself to play video games in

e: lmao

quote:

YTA a man needs his space, sometimes things get tough, that doesn't mean we still don't need our space. I don't have the luxury of having that but when my wife goes to bed our 3 kids go to bed as well because that's my alone time. (I'm a stay at home dad)

OP posted:

Why don’t I get any space?

no answer of course

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 2, 2022

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is pages ago but the one time I died my hair an outrageous color I learned my natural hair color is what repels people because I turned into a walking thirst trap until it faded.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
E: They acknowledged they were wrong, so I'll edit this out. That's what I get for leaving the tab open for ages.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 2, 2022

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mx. posted:

He only comes up for food, to prep for work or to sleep and it’s been bothering me because he never helps with the housework or our 2 sons. But at least he goes to work so I let it go and leave him be.

This dude's only redeeming trait was "Has a job." Losing that suddenly he is a hollow person in that household because I would bet money since being laid off he still doesn't help with anything. That marriage should probably be over and it will be if he doesn't get some kind of job and meet her rock bottom standards.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

This dude's only redeeming trait was "Has a job." Losing that suddenly he is a hollow person in that household because I would bet money since being laid off he still doesn't help with anything. That marriage should probably be over and it will be if he doesn't get some kind of job and meet her rock bottom standards.

And a job in sales at that, so he wasn't doing anything useful even while employed. Just generally a drain on society.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for admitting that I am sexually attracted to one of my fiancée's sisters during a drinking game

quote:

I've been with my fiancée for 4 years. During that time, I've never been unfaithful to her. Never gave her a reason to doubt my loyalty to her or anything like that.

So this past weekend, we were invited to her friend's place for her and her boyfriend's birthday party. I really only got an invite as my fiancée's partner so I didn't really know anyone there except a few of the boyfriends in passing. We had all been drinking and gotten a little wild and about midway through the night, we were prompted to play a drinking game.

It essentially never had I ever, but when you've done something you take a drink. There were also, golden questions you finish your drink. So the questions were found online and all started easy like "Never have stolen from someone" then got progressively more intense.

So the question that got me in trouble was, "Never have I ever thought about one of my current partner's siblings in a sexual way." It was a golden question so I finished my drink. There were laughs and claps as I slammed my drink and when I finished, I realized I was the only one drinking and my fiancée looked very upset. Her friends started teasing her like, "oh uh looks like the weddings off" and her face softened so i assumed she took it in good fun and it was normal for the rest of the night.

However, when we got home all hell broke loose. She told me that I embarrassed her in front of all her friends and now she looks like she can't keep her man from ogling other women including her sister. She also commented that it was incredibly gross of me to want to gently caress her older sister. I told her I didn't actually want to have sex with her sister and that I don't "ogle other women". I said I felt like she was blowing this out of proportion and we were just playing a dumb game and no one will remember by morning.

She has been pissed at me since, but I really don't think what I did was wrong or even all that weird. Her sister is literally an older version of her, of course I think she's hot, I'm marrying a younger her. I have a brother, if she likes what I look like she probably likes what he looks like too.

oh come ON, all i did was tell all of your friends that i want to bang your sister, why are you making such a big deal out of this

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Barudak posted:

This is pages ago but the one time I died my hair an outrageous color I learned my natural hair color is what repels people because I turned into a walking thirst trap until it faded.

I wish I could remember the name of the experiment or the documentary about it, but some scientists were putting little red hats on the males of some type of bird, which made them super attractive to the female birds. This species, from memory, has no red plumage naturally. They put little white hats on other males, which the female birds found horribly unattractive, a feeling which persisted towards the white-hat males, even after their little hats were removed, which seemed a little sad.

Anyway, your post reminded me of it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for admitting that I am sexually attracted to one of my fiancée's sisters during a drinking game

oh come ON, all i did was tell all of your friends that i want to bang your sister, why are you making such a big deal out of this

Lol at that idiot, but I'm also convinced that whoever came up with games like that secretly wanted their legacy to be an untold number of destroyed relationships

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol at that idiot, but I'm also convinced that whoever came up with games like that secretly wanted their legacy to be an untold number of destroyed relationships

who wouldn't want a legacy like that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well that's true

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

iustorum_anime posted:

Am I missing a reference or a pun or something here, or was she actually just comparing him to one of history’s most notorious child rapists/murderers because he toasted her toast too much

No, I think you got the reference. It's off base tho, this guy sounds lile he cooks worse than Albert Fish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Foo Diddley posted:

"But babe, I CAN'T lie during 'never have I ever.' It's a violation of bro code!"

Captain Hygiene posted:

Like a magic sword that can only kill monsters, it only harms the relationships of people so stupid they don't understand what lying is, so it's a net good.

artsy fartsy posted:

Hi I work in wastewater management. Please do not use "flushable" wipes.

Basically nothing that didn't actually come out of your body is really flushable. Toilet paper is okay if you must, but nothing else, please.

Tragedy of the commons is always a bitch. Is it because they create fatbergs that block communal pipes and have to be broken up by hand, or a more specialized reason a layperson wouldn't know about? Always interesting to learn about infrastructure stuff.

AITA for plucking one of my dad’s eyebrow hairs while he napped?

quote:

I (17M) and my mom (43F) have recently noticed a bright white hair smack dab in the middle of my dad’s (50M) eyebrow. It is the first thing I see when I look at my dad’s face, and my mom agrees that it’s one of his more prominent features. Over the past few weeks, my mom has been nagging him to pluck it out, as it looks a bit funny, but my dad refuses. (This likely stems from a time last year in which I consensually plucked a few of his eyebrows, bringing him to tears)

My dad was napping on the couch one afternoon last Sunday, white eyebrow hair shining in the living room light, when my mom told me to pluck it. She got her tweezers from her bathroom and handed them to me, dead serious. I pulled out the eyebrow hair in a single pull, instantly waking my dad.

My dad was awfully confused, and demanded to know what I was doing with the tweezers. I showed him his reflection in my phone camera, to which he started yelling that I had no right to pluck his eyebrow like that. My mom defended me, saying it was her idea and that his eyebrow hair made him look like an old man. My dad left for the evening, coming back around 2am (very abnormal for him.) He has been cold toward my mom and I, creating a lot of tension in the household.

My dad claims that by plucking his eyebrow, I was making fun of his appearance and the way he was aging. While I agree that teasing him over his eyebrow wasn’t exactly polite, he is being overdramatic about his eyebrow hair.

AITA for plucking my dad’s eyebrow hair while he napped?

AITA for putting restrictions on the characters for my dnd group

quote:

Hey so I’m going to try to make this as short as possible. I’m dming a group of 6 people and they come from a diverse background. 4 of them are from my church and 2 of them are from my school. I originally was going to play with my 4 church friends but when my 2 other friends (Doug (he/him) and Jane (they/them)) heard about it they really wanted to play.

Everything was fine until i met with the two of them to make characters. They both wanted to make lgbt characters. Doug wanted to make a gay character and Jane wanted to make a trans character. Now, I’m not lgbtphobic but my other friends have strong religious values and it would make them uncomfortable. They were both pretty upset and I understood why, so I came up with a compromise. They can keep their characters but wont mention any lgbt/sexual stuff and keep the game PG. They begrudgingly agreed and we moved.

All was fine until during the game some of the other PC’s mentioned their wives/family and Doug and Jane looked upset. I moved past it but after we were done playing. A few hours after everyone left, Jane made a group chat with me, them and him saying that they were hurt they couldn’t rp lgbt characters , etc. Doug reiterated the same type of msg and said that having to stay in the closet in dnd was triggering for them. I responded that I thought they were being entitled because they joined this game knowing the backgrounds of my other friends and now they’re trying to dictate the terms of my own game. We argued for a bit and now we’re not talking. AITA? I feel like I’m in an impossible situation.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 2, 2022