Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the federal Election
This poll is closed.
Labor Majority 48 42.48%
Labor Minority 29 25.66%
Liberal Majority 3 2.65%
Liberal Minority 12 10.62%
UAP Majoirty 21 18.58%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...legal-challenge

nsw liberal preselection update, the special committee has decided on candidates for all the remaining seats, unless it gets overturned in the courts.

most notable thing here is they selected katherine deves, a single issue transphobic lunatic (she's founder of 'save women's sport australasia' and until recently would spend all day being transphobic on twitter) for warringah. no way they win that seat back off steggall now lol - they would have surely had a good chance with a vaguely socially progressive moderate lib with a community presence etc. but deves is absolutely not that. but she's also probably going to be a generally toxic presence in the campaign since this will give her a higher profile beyond just sky news, not looking forward to that at all.

lih fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for March:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: old news

this poo poo has been public knowledge forever but it only becomes newsworthy when some liberals who want morrison to go down hard want it published :rolleyes:

quote:

The two statutory declarations, signed in 2016 about events in 2007,

lih
May 15, 2013

yeah the story there has been brought up many times before

the new thing though is the statutory declarations explicitly claiming morrison was behind the racist smear campaign & that he suggested that towke was secretly muslim. previous articles from the many times this has been a story previously just have towke accuse 'his opponents' of suggesting his lebanese background made him unelectable, so now there's stronger sources corroborating that, explicitly blaming morrison, and adding another detail to the accusations

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for March:

Tasmania, every single month

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hawaiian_robot posted:

Tasmania, every single month

The OP said previously that they sometimes re-roll to get good tassies, iirc.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

lih posted:

most notable thing here is they selected katherine deves, a single issue transphobic lunatic (she's founder of 'save women's sport australasia' and until recently would spend all day being transphobic on twitter) for warringah. no way they win that seat back off steggall now lol - they would have surely had a good chance with a vaguely socially progressive moderate lib with a community presence etc. but deves is absolutely not that. but she's also probably going to be a generally toxic presence in the campaign since this will give her a higher profile beyond just sky news, not looking forward to that at all.

Are they trying to lose the election now?

That's going to be the face of the LNP for the entire time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

lih posted:

yeah the story there has been brought up many times before

the new thing though is the statutory declarations explicitly claiming morrison was behind the racist smear campaign & that he suggested that towke was secretly muslim. previous articles from the many times this has been a story previously just have towke accuse 'his opponents' of suggesting his lebanese background made him unelectable, so now there's stronger sources corroborating that, explicitly blaming morrison, and adding another detail to the accusations

Why on earth are they rehashing and expanding on it now, right before the election call? does the party want to lose or something dumb like that?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

is this thread is cspam because you admit it is the better forum or because you don't want any resposibility for the garbage posted itt?

the climate is dying and not even covid could save it and you keep votin for steven crowder or that other bald dude, the only thing that can save us as is a russo-chinese invasion.

i'm going to vote at the election, because i have no choice! what happend to freedom.

see you all in the lolamo

Are you esl

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the fan theory is the usual 'recession is coming, let labor win the election, look bad for the recession and then attack em come next election'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

they're piranhas and they smell blood

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

JBP posted:

Are you esl

13/f/alabama

lih
May 15, 2013

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why on earth are they rehashing and expanding on it now, right before the election call? does the party want to lose or something dumb like that?

concetta fierravanti-wells got deselected and brought up the statutory declarations in her big tirade against morrison the other day, which is why it's getting attention again and journalists went digging for the declarations. there is also a ton of acrimony in the nsw liberal party about the current trainwreck preselection process where morrison has overruled the local branches so i'm sure there's people who think "gently caress it, if we're going to lose the election anyway we might as well score a point in the internal factional war". the statutory declarations aren't even new, they're from 2016 (seemingly relating to towke suing news corp for defamation over the smears leaked to them by morrison's allies & journalists investigating the story again then) but they just weren't public knowledge before.

lih fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Apr 2, 2022

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
I wouldn't put it past the Libs to be trying to make Morrison look bad so that they can just blame him when they lose the election and keep all their same old policies of making themselves richer.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

If Morrison has a clear win in this election then he'll be untouchable and able to name portfolios and succesors.

A loss means Morrison is gone and the factions can fight it out for the leadership.

A minority win means that he is weakened and factions can push him out early in his next term.

Probably the same forces that didn't want Turnbull to stick around and win the election. It's a long game.

lih
May 15, 2013

well yeah if they lose of course they're going to blame it on morrison's leadership & poor handling of all the recent crises. there's not any really key liberal policies you can point to as being decisive reasons for their current unpopularity (in the way that say, workchoices was), it's more about what they haven't done and what they're not doing.

i don't think that really comes into this nsw factional stuff though, the factions that hate morrison aren't going "we need to defend morrison's great policy legacy so let's put all the blame on him"

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

Aware posted:

13/f/alabama

It's ethnicity sex location

Ageism is bad

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

It's ethnicity sex location

Ageism is bad

Ethnicity sex location can be your next rereg

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

In the ethnicity public toilets duh

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Laserface posted:

The OP said previously that they sometimes re-roll to get good tassies, iirc.

This is 100% what I do.

The Tassies have been better lately because the site I use to make word clouds added a reroll button so I could click that instead of having to change something and hope for the best.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for March:

Tax idiot helmets.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

not much, what's cum with you?

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
The Towke thing reminds me of this article Morrison sees votes in anti-Muslim sentiment - for some reason the wording of the headline has been stuck in my brain for years.

Unrelated, we might be paying France as much as $5,500,000,000 to not build submarines for us in another good deal by the good at economy party.

I kind of wish I had the contacts and smarts to get into govt tenders. Underdeliver product for premium prices; a guy I work with allegedly* used to be with a company that would take some off the shelf software, add a few custom bits and pieces, rebrand it and call it done. His telling is you still get paid even if it doesn’t meet the requirements and then the govt department will hire that company or another to modify it to what they actually required. just gross inefficiency.

*allegedly because he seems like a bit of a bullshitter and I only talk to him on phone/chat because of covid + different states. I find it a lot harder to get a read on histruthfulness that way but he is like the always-has-a-story or story-topper type.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hooman posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

More like Chris Kenny.

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Urcher posted:

Word cloud for March:

Apparently Xenophon incredible

Understand head racing, nerd

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Coal gave Shorten funding.

Well, yes?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
welfare helmets

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
How does our residendt sex party guy Konomex feel about the dissolution into the ACT Cycylists to form the Logic Party? Genuine question

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

van onselen plays his trap card

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

hooman posted:

This made me drop my phone I was laughing so hard. We’ll done sir

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

victoria and tasmania will shortly be subsumed into the republic of east australia. queensland and the republic of east australia will go to war. south australia will exist in peace. perth will be taken but the rest of western australia will be left wild. new zealand will become a province of the republic.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

victoria and tasmania will shortly be subsumed into the republic of east australia. queensland and the republic of east australia will go to war. south australia will exist in peace. perth will be taken but the rest of western australia will be left wild. new zealand will become a province of the republic.

those vic independence people got to you too huh?

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

birdstrike posted:

no, my son birdstrike

AgentF
May 11, 2009

South Australia keeps all Antarctic claims or no deal.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

birdstrike posted:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

perth will be taken but the rest of western australia will be left wild.

So, no change there then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

The Peccadillo posted:

How does our residendt sex party guy Konomex feel about the dissolution into the ACT Cycylists to form the Logic Party? Genuine question

You have confused me with someone else sir, I vote Greens first, Labor second, and then the hellscape of WA right wing independents in descending order of how best I can spell the word penis