Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

The guys with the skulls and the religious cult around the Emperor are meant to be the baddies.

Well, there also aren't meant to be any goodies in WH40K, but still, picking a fictional religion that's fascist isn't a good one to pick.

The existence of weapons and armies necessitates the existence of war, therefore it is actually the most appropriate thing to put on them.

The worst thing to put on them is loving anime like the japanese do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
":actually: you aren't meant to think the guys we spend 99% of our public-facing efforts establishing as AWESOME, BADASS AND HEROIC are the good guys" is the lamest defense and I hate it so much in every form it arises.

You can't spend the vast majority of your time making someone look like the coolest most badass dude ever and then deflect any criticism of yourself by saying they're actually the villain 'if you were paying attention'.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Was that the dog that bit Jesus?

Probably because it looks like he tried to turn the dog in wine.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

FUNGE is my favourite verb

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Imagined posted:

":actually: you aren't meant to think the guys we spend 99% of our public-facing efforts establishing as AWESOME, BADASS AND HEROIC are the good guys" is the lamest defense and I hate it so much in every form it arises.

You can't spend the vast majority of your time making someone look like the coolest most badass dude ever and then deflect any criticism of yourself by saying they're actually the villain 'if you were paying attention'.

2 things can be true at the same time. A marine can be a heroic badass for fighting forces worse than the imperium at impossible odds while the fact that marines are "necessary" is vile in itself. 40k isn't that deep most of the time. Few people are going "gently caress yeah fascism" because of it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

you'll notice the orks are absent from this because they're the good guys

I'm CUNUK

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

LifeSunDeath posted:

just looked high and low and can't find the "I told you about heresy bro, I warned you dog" meme. But if I had I would have posted it here.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Tree Bucket posted:

FUNGE is my favourite verb

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

YES!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Y4z_d0w9E

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

drink this goblet of blood. drink it!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Hello, I need the biggest "Git Gud" you have.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is Rico a pill pusher or are they mocking his debilitating illness?

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Zil posted:

Is Rico a pill pusher

He has a whole act, so sometimes!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Trabant posted:

He has a whole act, so sometimes!

In the getaway, she will drive the Vespa.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Horrible… foods?

Wha

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Imagined posted:

That's actually a really good point

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Iceberg lettuce.

Garbage tier greens with no nutrients and the gross flavor seeps out into everything it touches.

Swiss Chard Gang Represent

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

But this is the pictures thread

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's actually the mayonnaise thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Is it green?

Then it's nutritious, put it back.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

freeedr posted:

But this is the pictures thread

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's actually the mayonnaise thread.

Why not both?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Pop that Bussy

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'll have the uuhhhh woodruff

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

These things are awful, they taste like rear end :barf:.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Balenciagaaa!

$1090

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I went out to a sushi restaurant yesterday, and they had something new on the menu, a banana roll. Of course I had to order it

Now, in my defence, there are a lot of ways that could have gone well. They could have made a sweet roll with some toasted rice and a chocolate drizzle, for example. Or they could have incorporated some unripe banana into something like a futomaki to add a little savoury flavour with a soft, starchy texture

They, of course, did none of those things. They just slapped half a frankly overripe banana into a California roll and drizzled it with teriyaki sauce. It was overpoweringly sweet, took up half the roll, and I'm gagging a little typing this out. I can't even find a picture on google, I think the chef just decided to go temporarily insane for an afternoon

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

flavor.flv posted:

I went out to a sushi restaurant yesterday, and they had something new on the menu, a banana roll. Of course I had to order it

Now, in my defence, there are a lot of ways that could have gone well. They could have made a sweet roll with some toasted rice and a chocolate drizzle, for example. Or they could have incorporated some unripe banana into something like a futomaki to add a little savoury flavour with a soft, starchy texture

They, of course, did none of those things. They just slapped half a frankly overripe banana into a California roll and drizzled it with teriyaki sauce. It was overpoweringly sweet, took up half the roll, and I'm gagging a little typing this out. I can't even find a picture on google, I think the chef just decided to go temporarily insane for an afternoon

I was going to say April Fools maybe, but that was today, not yesterday.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Imagined posted:

You can't spend the vast majority of your time making someone look like the coolest most badass dude ever and then deflect any criticism of yourself by saying they're actually the villain 'if you were paying attenti

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Trabant posted:

Balenciagaaa!

$1090

Aliexpress

I don't know, $50?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
gently caress q!=e

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

You can pull it out like a ripcord

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Philippe posted:

You can pull it out like a ripcord

Only if you have plastic sheets.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

more like ice poop

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Inceltown posted:

Why not both?

That's some dusty mayo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I feel like a lot of those banana recipes would be fine if plantains were used instead.