Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Robert Ariail

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Spreads On Thick: Biden voters are slowly finding out Build Back Better isn’t better it’s actually a 4-year nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Why the gently caress are there so many trash political cartoons about Disney? Didn't they "cancel" one of their shows because of a same-sex relationship?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

CEO said he doesn't like the "don't say gay bill"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Only AFTER social media outrage about how Disney donated tons of money to the state legislators who voted for the bill.

And afaik Disney hasn't even pledged to stop doing that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Rudoku posted:

Why the gently caress are there so many trash political cartoons about Disney? Didn't they "cancel" one of their shows because of a same-sex relationship?

Yeah but they're adding back in a same sex kiss in the Buzz Lightyear movie that was originally cut, in protest of DeSantis' anti-gay/trans bill, and as Garrison mentioned, they're going to stop using the phrase "ladies and gentlemen/boys and girls" at Disney World/Land. So as you can see, Disney is the most woke leftist corporation in history, and they are preying on children.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Disney is one of those woke communist megacorporations, didn't you know?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: We Have Met the Sanctions and They Are against Us

Ted Rall posted:

Western nations including the United States have imposed brutal sanctions against Russia in an effort to derail its economy. However, the world is so interconnected and dependent on Russian energy that these countries are shooting themselves in the foot. Effectively, the sanctions are against ourselves.

First Dog on the Moon: It’s time we heard the voices of the disenfranchised we don’t hear on the ABC

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Jail Toot Rall for crimes against perspective.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Rall has lovely perspective and only the vague illusion of depth.

Bad art too.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

Rall: We Have Met the Sanctions and They Are against Us

I want to say something substantial about the argument here apparently being that the US should not sanction a country that started a war of conquest and is now engaging in rampant war crimes for the sake of the Democratic party remaining in power, definitely a position Rall would take in any other circumstances for sure no doubt, but I'm desperately trapped in trying to figure out what in the living hell is going on with that thing I assume is a window, and I can also only conclude that blue suit guy is talking to his identical twin across the table, because surely a talented artist like Rall wouldn't randomly flip a guy to face the exact opposite direction in the last panel.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I've spent forever scoffing at people rushing to remind us that Rall works for Russian media... but yeah, no, he's went well past the point of deniable "America is bad, mmmmk", and is just on outright Russian shill now. (I may be slightly more aware of common lines of Russian propaganda than the average thread user though)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

That's what party's should do every year. The scandal is not that they are doing this to gain votes in an election year. The scandal is that they do not do this every year.

You see this from every right wing party in every country and it’s said how broken their base is that “These politicians are helping you because they want to be re-elected!” is a bad thing. Like yes, that’s how this is supposed to work. They politicians I vote for should be doing stuff that will help me why would I vote for them otherwise?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You see this from every right wing party in every country and it’s said how broken their base is that “These politicians are helping you because they want to be re-elected!” is a bad thing. Like yes, that’s how this is supposed to work. They politicians I vote for should be doing stuff that will help me why would I vote for them otherwise?

The idea is that a True Leader will tell you the Uncomfortable Truths and do things that are Needed but Unpopular.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neito posted:

The idea is that a True Leader will tell you the Uncomfortable Truths and do things that are Needed but Unpopular.

Uncomfortable truths for other people.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Think of it in terms of infantilizing voting populations, and voting for the Cool Fun Parent who lets you eat cake and stay up past your bedtime every night versus voting for the Strict Parent who actually makes you do your homework. The Democrats might seem fun now, but you'll regret it when, years later, we don't get accepted into Country College and have to spend the rest of our lives flipping International Burgers or whatever.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Vladimir Putin and Nato – Russia is building up its forces in eastern Ukraine in readiness for a new wave of attacks in the breakaway Donbas region, the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, has said"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Send meter reading today to avoid paying too much, households told; Transgender Day of Visibility 2022

Independent:

Tory minister endorses creation of national ‘Margaret Thatcher Day’

Times:

Evening Standard:

dingy dimples
Aug 16, 2004

Pretty slick, Ben. You almost slipped this one past me.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Pedophilia_symbols

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Man, they're just dead set on wanting Hillary to run, aren't they?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

dingy dimples posted:

Pretty slick, Ben. You almost slipped this one past me.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Pedophilia_symbols

Also features prominently in Stonetoss as well.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

There is "straight white male" and "other" and by god it's hosed up that Disney thinks that second group should be as represented as the first!

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Labor pledges $2.5 billion for aged care, and cheaper childcare in budget reply (The Age).

Rowe:

Former PM John Howard with the eyebrows.

Knight:

Anthony Albanese lost weight during lockdown.

Warren Brown:

Lethbridge:

Moir:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Outgoing Parramatta MP disappointed by Labor plan to parachute Andrew Charlton into her seat (Guardian).

Leunig:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I know the "joke" is supposed to be "If there's fifty percent then they're by definition not a minority" but even if there's fifty percent black characters in every Disney production from now on, it doesn't change that in real life black people only make up 12.5% of the population so they're still a minority.

But hey, they never said Lester was the smartest man who beats his wife.

Anyway the cartoon still does read as if the joke is supposed to be "Representing minorities in media is stupid" and since Lester is a racist rear end in a top hat he definitely believes that even if he's not saying it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Gosh I wonder what the loving difference is between a supreme court justice and the president of the united states in the middle of a civil war

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

sirtommygunn posted:

Gosh I wonder what the loving difference is between a supreme court justice and the president of the united states in the middle of a civil war

Not to mention the SC justice is the one whose wife supported the insurrection and which he clearly tacitly supports, while Lincoln was, y'know, kind of trying to put one down.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

According to the Census, 60% of the US are non-Hispanic or Latino Whites, and at least some of those would likely fall into a category one might call "minority" despite their whiteness.

Sounds like Disney is trying to represent the country a little more accurately (to make money).

disposablewords posted:

Not to mention the SC justice is the one whose wife supported the insurrection and which he clearly tacitly supports, while Lincoln was, y'know, kind of trying to put one down.
Also, Thomas could just recuse himself from cases involving Jan 6 but won't.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Oh hey, look, it's The One Joke.

gently caress you, Matt.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

THE APRIL FOOL

Earlier this week I posted a cartoon titled “The Great Slappening of 2022,” and in one of the vignettes I featured Joe Biden getting slapped. It was of course a play on Will Smith’s slapping of Chris Rock. Maybe it’s the nice guy in me fighting his way to the surface, but I don’t really want to see Joe or anyone else taking a slap. I said as much in my post that went with the cartoon, but for some reason I felt felt particularly bad about drawing Sleepy Joe taking it on the cheek. After all, it’s not really his fault that he has screwed up everything he’s touched. That’s what he does. Even Obama said so.

It’s not really Joe’s fault that the election was stolen for him and that he was installed by the globalist New World Order. Sure, we heard Biden say he decided to run because of his lie that Trump praised Nazis or something, but that was just virtue signaling on Joe’s part. The real reason he was put into power was because the central bankers were terrified of Bernie and his overly overt Marxist ways. Joe is a reliably corrupt bag man who does as he’s told. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t show him a modicum of compassion.

Yes, I’m starting to feel sorry for Joe. The poor guy gets propped up at the podium like a mannikin and his jaw begins to move mechanically. He mumbles and sometimes even whispers the words planned for him. If he does deviate from his script, alarming gaffes inevitably follow. It’s pitiable sight.

It would be better if Joe retired to his beach house. I can picture him now on his back deck rocking chair with a melting ice cream in his wrinkled mitt yelling at the waves. Yes, Joe is a tragic figure. We should show more respect for our elders—even Joe. He deserves neither slap nor scorn but rather our understanding.

APRIL FOOLS! F___ JOE BIDEN!*
— Ben Garrison 😉

*We had a few people actually believe Ben’s April Fools post- to be clear Ben has 0 respect for Joe Biden and believes the Democrats and the cabal stole the election to install the feeble corpse puppet, the FAKE President, Biden.

You know, I kinda hope that addendum is true, it'd be funny. A consequence of needing an audience that would believe the conspiracy theories Ben's always peddling.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Ben. You're ostensably an adult. With his own website, and car, and 401(k) and maybe even like a book or two that you read. I think See I Told You So and The Way Things Ought To Be are still in print, right? Anyway, my point is that you're allowed to swear. Nobody's gonna put you in a tine out chair for saying the naughty words.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Neito posted:

Ben. You're ostensably an adult. With his own website, and car, and 401(k) and maybe even like a book or two that you read. I think See I Told You So and The Way Things Ought To Be are still in print, right? Anyway, my point is that you're allowed to swear. Nobody's gonna put you in a tine out chair for saying the naughty words.

"It's ok to be a nazi as long as you don't say nasty cusses while doing it" seems to be a prevailing conservative opinion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This sort of signaled self-censorship feeds the persecution complex and the speaker's sense of moral superiority.

Simultaneously,

A) "They" won't let me say gently caress,
B) I am not the sort of person who says gently caress
C) gently caress joe biden,
D) Look how clever I am circumventing "their" censorship, and
D) You and I are the same in using this shibboleth

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

"It's ok to be a nazi as long as you don't say nasty cusses while doing it" seems to be a prevailing conservative opinion.

I guess, it's just the self censorship that gets me. It's like trying to have your curse cake and eat it too.

Which I guess is every conservative opinion ever...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow yeah what if Clarence Thomas was a completely different person in a completely different time period in a completely different situation in a completely different branch of the government? Really makes u think...

also lmao at the paper that just says CLARENCE THOMAS because ramirez doesn't think his audience is smart enough to get his clever joke

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 2, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

learning that gay people exist is the same as sexually assaulting a child (but also sexually assaulting children is not that big a deal, not enough that any republican should face consequences for doing so)

gently caress all the way off varvel

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There's a :fiesta:Trans Craze:nyan: going on? I'm always just behind the times.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Clay Bennett

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Post-Biden and the USA is getting whiter.

Walt Handelsman

Clay Jones

Steve Kelley

🐁"We're going to include not-cishet characters in our movies."
:byodood: "Disney hates me and wants me to die."

Marty Two Bulls

Henry Payne

Wait, is Payne endorsing an EV?! Oh, wait, right. April 1.

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

No Joke, Pal: Biden now endorses Transgender sex-change hormone therapy and surgery for children.
"SwampMonsters.news"? Don't think I've seen that one before.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I... wait... AGC.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Where's the grandparents? Where's the man's sister whose husband died? Where's the uncle or cousin who's down on their luck? How are they going to run a household with only two kids unless they can afford servants or slaves? What if one of the kids dies of smallpox?

This doesn't look like a traditional family at all Kelley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Someone with gif skills please animate this. You know what to do.