Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Second character playthrough- what the hell did they do to Radahn?

Easily my favorite fight in the game and he's like a tired baby now. Never felt so disappointed by a nerf :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Invasions are great, the first time I co-op'd with a buddy I was showing off the whirligig and we got invaded, managed to get the invader caught in the buzzsaw from 100% to 0% and it was a memorable highlight of the game for both of us.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Placidusax and his laser light show is I think the one that annoyed me the most in the end.

I finally beat him last night at level 201 by going in with a Rivers of Blood and a Seppuku nagakiba with poison affinity and Lionel armor, summoning my mimic tear, summoning my mimic tear, then giving myself seppuku godskin peeler and whatsername's twinblade, and just wailing on that turd before he could do that laser light show that kept smoking me and Tiche/Finlay. Why git gud when I can just tank the gently caress out of cheapass enemy with one-shot powers and AOEs. gently caress you, Placidussax.

Also cleared out Gelmir and Auriza hero grave and Gideon.

All that's left on the 100% boss checklist is that piece of poo poo tree spirit in mountain grave and the Final 3.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Invasions are great, the first time I co-op'd with a buddy I was showing off the whirligig and we got invaded, managed to get the invader caught in the buzzsaw from 100% to 0% and it was a memorable highlight of the game for both of us.

This is my main reason for invading, not to dunk on newbies with the OP cheese meta build flavor of the week but to do themed builds and be a miniboss that hopefully gives them memorable fights, win or lose.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
:hai: oneshot builds aren't fun to invade with anyways because it just becomes loading screen simulator 2022

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Can I do missions for Volcano Manor without messing up other questlines? Or is it going to make me kill people who I need for other quests?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I had a Rl40 stormveil invasion where I came upon the host and his buddy just as they killed the Grafted Scion. Then a Hunter joined the mix and had a roughly 10 minute fight in that dining hall. I eventually whittled their team down to just the host but he ended up beating me, and used the Triumphant Delight gesture when he killed me. I hope he was super stoked about that, it was a really fun fight :3:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

McCoy Pauley posted:

Can I do missions for Volcano Manor without messing up other questlines? Or is it going to make me kill people who I need for other quests?

They don't affect any other quests. Just make sure you complete the Manor missions prior to beating the final boss of the dungeon there.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What's a good armor set for someone going with a simple 2H STR build?
Probably either going to use one of the Colossal Swords or the Dark Moon Greatsword.

Right now I just have the Knight Set and I'm going to farm up the Banished Knight Set when I get home next week, but I'm sure there's a better fit.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

They don't affect any other quests. Just make sure you complete the Manor missions prior to beating the final boss of the dungeon there.

Thanks. That's what was driving my question -- I want to get that dude, and know the questline dries up once I do.

Time to clean things up on Mt Gelmir before finishing up business in the Capital.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The Anime Liker posted:

I finally beat him last night at level 201 by going in with a Rivers of Blood and a Seppuku nagakiba with poison affinity and Lionel armor, summoning my mimic tear, summoning my mimic tear, then giving myself seppuku godskin peeler and whatsername's twinblade, and just wailing on that turd before he could do that laser light show that kept smoking me and Tiche/Finlay. Why git gud when I can just tank the gently caress out of cheapass enemy with one-shot powers and AOEs. gently caress you, Placidussax.

Also cleared out Gelmir and Auriza hero grave and Gideon.

All that's left on the 100% boss checklist is that piece of poo poo tree spirit in mountain grave and the Final 3.

he doesn't have oneshot powers
level vigor

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

McCoy Pauley posted:

AFAICT the volcano manor contracts have zero bearing on the lands between.

It's like a choose your own adventure book and pages 33 and 54 both take you to page 87, so might as well do page 33 and get cool gear from volcano manor.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

he doesn't have oneshot powers
level vigor

My vigor is 45 and the yellow laser literally kills me in one hit. :colbert:

I'm not respecing again and I'm done chicken suiciding. :colbert: :colbert:

Also he's already dead.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

the_steve posted:

What's a good armor set for someone going with a simple 2H STR build?
Probably either going to use one of the Colossal Swords or the Dark Moon Greatsword.

Right now I just have the Knight Set and I'm going to farm up the Banished Knight Set when I get home next week, but I'm sure there's a better fit.

Raptor feathers (the jump attack damage cape) is the only armor piece in the game that makes a meaningful difference for that build, otherwise wear whatever looks cool. You're always better off leveling vigor (up to 60) before leveling end for more amor, and better off wearing a defensive talisman like dragoncrest shield over using the equip-load talisman for more armor. But fashion souls >>> survivability so if you need the arsenal talisman to wear that sweet pumpkin head or jar helmet go right ahead.

The most important stat on armor is poise which is only relevant in pvp.

e: Also the dark moon GS is an int weapon FYI. Still works just fine if you wanna pretend to be a str build and smash stuff without ever casting a spell though.

The Anime Liker posted:

My vigor is 45

so i was right you did need more vigor
40 is like the bare minimum every character wants to hit by endgame, but on a level 200 character 40 is basically in glass cannon territory

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 2, 2022

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I mean placid sax has some moves you just really want to avoid and that's one of them

he's another sif boss where getting in between his legs makes a lot of his stuff less dangerous

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

The Anime Liker posted:

Latenna the Albinauric absolutely wrecks Placidussax, btw. I beat him at SL161 on my first try with her.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Tiche you were supposed to be the chosen one but you always died in phase 1.

Mimic Tear, I'm sorry I doubted you. Even nerfed you're still the most handsome and perfect summon.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Tiche and Mimic seem like they complement each other super well. Mimic is tankier and more utility but unless you’re cheesing status, probably does less damage. I used both on my first playthrough and they are an excellent crutch

On my second play through I have been using some eagle I got and it’s totally different since you can’t really rely on it to tank aggro for you but it is loving hilarious because it just zooms around the room dive bombing the boss and seems to reliably last for a while

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Beat this game about a week back. Meant to post here, but forgot. Ended up at level 130. Tanky faith build. 55 vig, 25 end, 51 faith. High physical resist is actually really good in this game. Coupled with faith buffs like blessing of the erdtree and golden vow and I had very little trouble with endgame bosses and areas. Boiled crab is seriously op. Muching one of those and equipping the dragoncrest greatshield talisman can put you at 50+ physical resist easy. Highly recommended. Oh and Blasphemous Blade is goddamn amazing. Its special attack just destroyed everything in my path in the haligtree and farum azula. And it heals you to boot.

Been spending a lot of time co-oping this past week. And let me just say, co-oping these endgame bosses are next to goddamn impossible if I dont manage to hold their aggro. They are goddamn chaotic darting between everyone and tanky as HELL with 3 players. Also, pretty much all of them have a 2nd phase where the host is placed right in front of the boss while I'm on the other end of the arena. And they just get piledrived/flower exploded/black blade mulched into oblivion immediately. Which is funny to watch tbh.

My favorite edgame co-op fight is Godfrey/Hoarah Loux. Learning his moveset and rolling/jumping through everything makes you feel like a goddamn badass. Same for Radagon. Elden Beast is such a goddamn slog in co-op though. Like you thought it was bad in single player, try co-op with 3x health, oh and you're 3rd co-op friend already ate poo poo to Radagon so good luck with that.

Malenia is fun but so many hosts just melt immediately to waterfowl or eat poo poo to the second phase divebomb. But Blasphemous Blade is SO good against her as you can chain knock her down until she staggers or you run out of fp. She was prob the easiest to co-op for me out of all the endgame bosses for that reasom honsetly. Well Maliketh too because he has like no health thankfully.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I found Placidusax pretty easy with 40 vigor. But I'm a bonk character and was 2 handing Great Stars, so it was the same fight as any other dragon - staying behind him and hitting his feet. I'm sure all sorts of cool stuff was going on up at his head but I didn't see it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Summons chat: Finlay is insane if you're not fighting holy bosses.

stratdax posted:

I found Placidusax pretty easy with 40 vigor. But I'm a bonk character and was 2 handing Great Stars, so it was the same fight as any other dragon - staying behind him and hitting his feet. I'm sure all sorts of cool stuff was going on up at his head but I didn't see it.

The Anime Liker posted:

Once again the truly enlightened path is to go pure strength and never use a consumable, spell, incantation, or anything but your huge slab of concrete on a stick

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Ok if you were playing a bonker and you only had 45 vig at level 200, what DID you put your stats in?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Getting some decent commends on a "Likely edge Lord, ahead" message before the Mimic Tear fight. :laugh:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol, Pest Threads

Lmao

Now I'm the prawn-man. No clue how I would've figured out Millicent's quest without a wiki though - I missed her and Gowry completely lmao

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Fooma posted:

So this has been out long enough, is the steam version patched up with most hitching and launch issues resolved?

Just a heads up - the hitching isn't serious and goes away after some time. BUT. Elden Ring doesn't handle devices connecting/re-connecting gracefully and freezes for a good 3-4 seconds. So if you have any loose peripherals, sketchy bluetooth connections or virtual devices, they can be the culprit if you're having issues.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol, Pest Threads

Lmao

Now I'm the prawn-man. No clue how I would've figured out Millicent's quest without a wiki though - I missed her and Gowry completely lmao

They're good for some Itano Circus action. but I find the range a bit too short.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Extremely care mad that the one npc quest I permanently screwed up by randomly not talking to someone is the one that could get me delicious boiled crab. Gah!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

buffalo all day posted:

Extremely care mad that the one npc quest I permanently screwed up by randomly not talking to someone is the one that could get me delicious boiled crab. Gah!

I never found this guy either lmao

Game big

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

buffalo all day posted:

I found him too late and tried to kill him for his bell bearing. He will drop it and it only has Rya's necklace with none in stock when you give it to the ladies. Lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Guys, I want to make a gimmick build centered around using roars and slams, and name it "Your Ex". Is this viable? The idea came to me when I was trying out the Golden Land AoW and it sounded hilarious to me, but I have no idea if roars even do damage.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gologle posted:

Guys, I want to make a gimmick build centered around using roars and slams, and name it "Your Ex". Is this viable? The idea came to me when I was trying out the Golden Land AoW and it sounded hilarious to me, but I have no idea if roars even do damage.

If you go arcane too you get access to all the dragon roars!

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Yeah lotta people missed crab guy. Which is a shame because boiled crab is so good. Bought a stack of 99 immediately when i saw how much it buffed my def

Remember, ABC
Always
Be
Crabbin

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Gologle posted:

kaleedity posted:

been playing with war cry and all the roar+charged attack stuff stacking

https://i.imgur.com/gjG9kVE.mp4

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i think there will eventually be a pvp community for this game that agrees to not use weapon arts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Yeah lotta people missed crab guy. Which is a shame because boiled crab is so good. Bought a stack of 99 immediately when i saw how much it buffed my def

Remember, ABC
Always
Be
Crabbin

I think I missed a solid half of the npcs in the game. After Ranni and Fia's quests were done it's been real quiet around lol

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i think there will eventually be a pvp community for this game that agrees to not use weapon arts.

I think the Tryhard Crew will "ban" the wondrous physick first

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

andrew smash posted:

Ok if you were playing a bonker and you only had 45 vig at level 200, what DID you put your stats in?

Oh no, I'm a pathetic arcane / dex dweeb popping consumables so baddies don't smash my pathetic body.

I respeced out of Unga Bunga because it's all I ever play as, and life has only been more difficult since I strayed from the Way of the Bonk.

I was merely agreeing with the other poster that Bonk is the answer to all problems.

It was foolish of me to put points in something other than strength and I have learned my lesson.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fox only, no items, final destination.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Meta atm is just like equipping two bleed weapons and bleeding players with one running L1 for 1500 damage

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
My opinion of RoB had only gotten more certain after playing through most of the games with it. I almost never touch the R1/2, it's all dragon breath to proc rot, then L2 any time i get an opening, i win. Pve, pvp, doesn't matter

RoB is so broken lol. Fun to use though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
corpse piler isn't really that good in 1v1s

it's good in a gank but so are a lot of things