Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This tremendously improved my day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I remember being a kid seeing Fantasia for the first time and when Chernabog and all his demon bros came out at night I just assumed that was what happened at night when I was asleep

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I remember being a kid seeing Fantasia for the first time and when Chernabog and all his demon bros came out at night I just assumed that was what happened at night when I was asleep

What makes you think it isn't?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbMwQQmoXxU&t=57s

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I remember being a kid seeing Fantasia for the first time and when Chernabog and all his demon bros came out at night I just assumed that was what happened at night when I was asleep I was gay and goth now

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hotdish

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

https://i.imgur.com/aF4XDhK.mp4

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Leopold!

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ADAB

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BonHair posted:

What makes you think it isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEHDlND_Gc

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

No Ambrosia Salad, voted 1.

Gaze upon our Midwestern works, ye mortals, and despair:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Busket Posket posted:

Think that was popular with all German immigrant families. I know my great grandparents in Texas would make it for all holiday events.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Germans love mayonnaise based "salads". I saw it everywhere when I lived near Frankfurt a few years.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Potato salad with a buncha mustard mixed in is a drat treat and I won’t brook any argument. :colbert:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I mean it's fine if it's with potatoes or eggs or cabbage or something. Fruit or other sweets though?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I like that any food that gets called a salad is automatically healthy and good to eat regardless.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

I like that any food that gets called a salad is automatically healthy and good to eat regardless.

Reminds me the the as-advertised salad at McDonald's had more fat and calories than a big Mac all the while people were absolutely losing their poo poo about the double down which had fewer of either

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Everyone else: "we're normal"

Midwesterners: "I melted marshmallows onto crumbled potato chips. I call it summer crack."

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

The Bloop posted:

Reminds me the the as-advertised salad at McDonald's had more fat and calories than a big Mac all the while people were absolutely losing their poo poo about the double down which had fewer of either

Double Down was the healthiest fast food sandwich in decades and people were like OMG No bread!?!?! Gross

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
“Least unhealthy,” please.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Anime Liker posted:

Everyone else: "we're normal"

Midwesterners: "I melted marshmallows onto crumbled potato chips. I call it summer crack."

Go on...

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

you hate us cuz you ain’t us.

also you might hate us cuz you are us.

could be either.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
in case anyone would like to join us

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is The Midwest Real Hahahaha Just Drive To The Coast Like Close Your Eyes Haha

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 03:10 on Apr 3, 2022

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is The Midwest Real Hahahaha Just Flyover Those States Like Close Your Eyes Haha

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 03:31 on Apr 3, 2022

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Busket Posket posted:

I remember this poo poo from childhood and I can't place where or why. I live in Toronto.

Zil posted:

Think that was popular with all German immigrant families. I know my great grandparents in Texas would make it for all holiday events.
Maybe this is it. My family is all Estonian and it seems a lot of the cuisine came from Germany.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

New Zealand has a somehow even grosser version of ambrosia. We didn’t make it in my family, but iirc it’s yoghurt, whipped cream and marshmallows. May include a few scarce bits of strawberry if you’re lucky. It’s just sweet gross goo. That picture looks appetising in comparison - it’s got visible fruit!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYcJAQF1E-Y

This is what I think when I hear about ambrosia salad

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

No witches either, what a ripoff

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was just visiting a gay Mormon married couple for a birthday party and they made a salad that was a mixture of cottage cheese and lime jello

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

PizzaProwler posted:

in case anyone would like to join us

Feeling vaguely upset that Scott seems to have more friends than I do.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watergate_salad

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tree Bucket posted:

Feeling vaguely upset that Scott seems to have more friends than I do.

Well, he's got a great corn hole game.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Well, he's got a great corn hole game.

HEYOOOOOOOOH!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1510473053247004673

:nallears:

Bismuth