Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
more and more people are saying this
This poll is closed.
they're coming up to me 57 15.53%
with tears in their eyes and 85 23.16%
they're saying 59 16.08%
SIR! we want thread! 134 36.51%
straight out of central casting 32 8.72%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

emfive posted:

man I got my dual monitor MacBook goin' here, two mice, two keyboards, my weird camera HDMI->USB thing, a USB mic, all workin' great, I'm a Apple dude now.

At some point I need to unhook the laptop from all the cords and make sure nothing goes insane.

good luck trying to get Elden Ring to run on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You don't need to do this fyi. Universal Control means you can use one mouse + one keyboard to control any number of Apple devices as long as they're all on the same iCloud account.

exactly one of my devices is an Apple device, that being the laptop itself. The mice, the keyboards, the video thing, and literally everything else is cheap poo poo from Amazon.

I need 2 keyboards because I have an L-shaped work environment because of my video conference setup. Desk in front, for most work, desk to the left for Zoom etc.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

very biggest crowd ever energy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

Elden Ring doesn't really stress GPUs, which is where Apple devices lack. It's hugely CPU bound

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Filthy Hans posted:

Hi Mr Hans, godspeed

I don't want to play Elden Ring but I am very joyous that so many of you seem to be getting tremendous amounts of pleasure from it.

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

exactly one of my devices is an Apple device, that being the laptop itself. The mice, the keyboards, the video thing, and literally everything else is cheap poo poo from Amazon.

I need 2 keyboards because I have an L-shaped work environment because of my video conference setup. Desk in front, for most work, desk to the left for Zoom etc.

Why is a rich computer programmer guy buying trash poo poo from amazon

Apr 7, 2003

After my counterfeit bike chain debacle I don't buy a loving thing i care about from Amazon

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
That's the secret, I don't care about anything. Amazon prime 4 life bby

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Logitech mice, weird Chinese LED-strewn keyboards, why wouldn't you buy that

The camera hookup is kind-of inevitable, laptops don't have HDMI inputs. I use a Fuji XE3 for my webcam, so that other people feel inferior in our group meetings because my camera is so awesome.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

A real leftist society would shoot me in the back of the head

If I get you in Secret Santa this year, I'm going to have NPR put that on a tote bag.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have never had issues with cheap USB c hubs from Amazon for Apple stuff

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

Hi Mr Hans, godspeed

I don't want to play Elden Ring but I am very joyous that so many of you seem to be getting tremendous amounts of pleasure from it.

I still don't have it, I first need to fund my av warchest to get rid of the fraudulent smear one on my account now and then additional funds for when my myriad posting victims come out of the woodwork to further tarnish my good posting name

Apr 7, 2003

Plinkey posted:

I lost a 128gb SD card in a cheap Amazon hub and it's still in there because I can't figure out how to open it without destroying the card lol

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Someday I'll show up in Pittsburgh, Mr Pittsburgh, and we'll go to some good art museum and then have some beers, or maybe just have beers.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Plinkey posted:

so cheap they spilled coffee on it during assembly

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mustached Demon posted:

so cheap they spilled coffee on it during assembly

that's most likely natty daddy

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I lost a 128gb SD card in a cheap Amazon hub and it's still in there because I can't figure out how to open it without destroying the card lol

uhh, "in there"? I don't have any hubs where the things "eat" the SD cards; they always stick out by a lot.

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

Someday I'll show up in Pittsburgh, Mr Pittsburgh, and we'll go to some good art museum and then have some beers, or maybe just have beers.

You're welcome to visit, as long as an airborne respiratory disease is the leading non-natural cause of death in America I ain't going anywhere though

Ain't been in a bar or restaurant since March 7 2020. So it goes.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

emfive posted:

Chicago is the City of Broad Shoulders; Pittsburgh is merely the city of broad-shouldered broads

Apr 7, 2003

emfive posted:

uhh, "in there"? I don't have any hubs where the things "eat" the SD cards; they always stick out by a lot.

Yeah, it went in too far when I went to insert it and now it won't come out

Dont buy cheap amazon poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

Chicago is the City of Broad Shoulders; Pittsburgh is merely the city of broad-shouldered broads

My wife is broad-shouldered and has thighs that could destroy watermelons from years of cycling and I appreciate her very much

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
emfive buy a red dragon mechanical keyboard, blue switches, you will thank me, anyone else within 30 feet will hate you

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

My wife is broad-shouldered and has thighs that could destroy watermelons from years of cycling and I appreciate her very much

there you go, a match made in heaven by way of Pittsburgh

Apr 7, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

there you go, a match made in heaven by way of Pittsburgh

We rode 21 miles today and the minute we got home she started cooking a vegan rice and broccoli meal.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Plinkey posted:

emfive buy a red dragon mechanical keyboard, blue switches, you will thank me, anyone else within 30 feet will hate you

does the keyboard chassis contribute to typing noise

I have a plastic board with cherry reds and it's loud enough that it constantly trips my webcam mic in Google Hangouts

obviously I can't afford to buy some fancy metal keyboard chassis without my first needing to survive the salacious av attacks and then buying Elden Ring for PS4 but a better keyboard is pretty high on the Filthy Hans Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Iridium posted:

many people are asking this.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

We rode 21 miles today and the minute we got home she started cooking a vegan rice and broccoli meal.

why did such a woman settle for you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

I have a plastic board with cherry reds and it's loud enough that it constantly trips my webcam mic in Google Hangouts

obviously I can't afford to buy some fancy metal keyboard chassis without my first needing to survive the salacious av attacks and then buying Elden Ring for PS4 but a better keyboard is pretty high on the Filthy Hans Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid

idk, i have two of these, non-RGB and i like them better than my like $150 logitech something something

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019O8YZ4A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Shear Modulus posted:

i do all my coding by writing a documentation comment then i feed that into a Transformer model

Trumpsformer

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iridium posted:

many people are asking this.

"not enough time has past....."

j o y c e has issued a correction as of 04:28 on Apr 3, 2022

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
python is fine to learn if you just need a way to parse data from a file or pull data from an API. it's a fine language for normal people to pick up

stfu about your boring edge case job requirements that require strong typing or whatever. if someone wanted to eat poo poo
for a living they'd learn database query routines or whatever

loving nerds

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Every worker should know what every other worker makes, hiding salaries only benefits capital.

if all my poor friends knew i made a princely sum of $86,000 a year they'd start asking me to pick up the check when we go out to Applebees

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

tinstaach posted:

lol if you've never looked at some code and cursed the name of whichever idiot wrote it before looking at the history and seeing it was you six months ago

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I inherited the code base for an entire department and this is a lovely reminder lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

neutral milf hotel posted:

python is fine to learn if you just need a way to parse data from a file or pull data from an API. it's a fine language for normal people to pick up

stfu about your boring edge case job requirements that require strong typing or whatever. if someone wanted to eat poo poo
for a living they'd learn database query routines or whatever

loving nerds

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Filthy Hans posted:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
here's some strong typing for the 90s kids reading this dead thread tonight:

MR TRUMP ATE MY BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012