Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I must have missed it on my first watchthrough, but I just saw Mike Wozniak injure himself in a way that almost made me vomit. And then they kept playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Tickets have been made available for the S14 recordings. Sarah Milican has had to reschedule some tour dates at the same time so people are guessing they're one of the five.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Yeah she seems the sort.

If they ever have Andy loving Parsons on I'm boycotting

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Speaking of, would expect to be hearing about New Zealand right about now. There's no way they'd can it after that last one... right? Right?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

The World Inferno posted:

Speaking of, would expect to be hearing about New Zealand right about now. There's no way they'd can it after that last one... right? Right?

Maybe they've already used all of New Zealand's comedians?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
nz on air's next funding decisions are 13 april and 6 july

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
The UK S13 air date is finally announced. If you enjoy internet scavenger hunts, go look for the first clue on the official twitter account.

It's April 14th!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I wonder if they'll just put champions 2 off another year and do two of them back to back.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kingtheninja posted:

I wonder if they'll just put champions 2 off another year and do two of them back to back.

I think they've already filmed Champions 2 right? I thought I remember someone saying Ed Gamble had mentioned doing it already on the podcast. Not sure what they're waiting for with it.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Morgana Robinson was on this week's "Off Menu" with Gamble and Acaster and she and Ed of course talk about being champion while giving James some good-natured poo poo. I've only ever seen her on TM, but she seems like she'd be a great dinner guest. She's funny.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Morgana is my favorite from her season. I enjoyed Victoria and Alan, but Morgana has miles more personality and is much more ridiculous. Victoria and Alan are better on their regular shows, but they were still interesting to watch.

Kinda hope they someday run a teams series or something. Like, 5 teams of 2, mix of previous and new contestants. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the people from previous series again.

Gonna cue up that podcast for tomorrow.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I would love to see an all star season of just the 5 most fun contestants they can pick.

Of course I also hope they will do a Champion of Champions of Champions after the 5th Champion of Champions.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I just want a series where they team up Iain, James Acaster and Rhod

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

nerox posted:

I would love to see an all star season of just the 5 most fun contestants they can pick.

Of course I also hope they will do a Champion of Champions of Champions after the 5th Champion of Champions.

I was thinking about this the other day, what would the trophy be? A cape or crown to go with the head and body?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Kingtheninja posted:

I was thinking about this the other day, what would the trophy be? A cape or crown to go with the head and body?

A little Alex Horne to stand next to it.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Lots of people say they'd like to see a worst of the worst, but I know Alex has said he's not keen because it would encourage failure, rather than trying your hardest to win. But I wonder if you could have a "something to prove" special where people can come back to settle scores of different kinds. That could even be the first task - instead of bringing a prize, you petition Greg with the reason you deserve another chance at Taskmaster. The best reason would be awarded the first five points of the show. You could have a second-place contestant claim that they were robbed of the title, or Joe Wilkinson could come to reignite Potatogate. It would open the door for a lovable last-place finisher to return, but you wouldn't have a line up of five such contestants.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

They could each nominate one task from their season that they feel they should have done better at (must have placed 4th or 5th) to be brought back.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
the second place winner usually feels like who should be the real winner anyway. runner up round would be cool and get back some of the best folks

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

whatever gets wilkinson back on tv impressing mayors with ice cream cones and beer, count me in

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They're social media savvy. They know who we'd like to see and if they ever want to bring back non-champions, they know who to ask for the next Google commercial.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like they've probably made a deliberate decision to try to avoid being too "fanservicey" by bringing back old favorites, and honestly they're probably right. It keeps the show fresh for longer when it's always new faces involved. I mean the whole arc of every Taskmaster series is going from "I don't know who any of these people are" to "I would die for literally any of them".

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

On the one hand, I definitely agree with you, but on the other, any world where they bring back Mike Wozniak is the world I want to live in.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

My Lovely Horse posted:

vs Vegas/Correa

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

That would be like putting three fighting fish in the same bowl. It would be the season that killed Alex Horne.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Is it me or is Series 9 not available in the US unless I pay? It seems to be the only one

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Beerdeer posted:

Is it me or is Series 9 not available in the US unless I pay? It seems to be the only one

https://youtube.com/post/UgkxRAig-J-tvL3HUnmkMuwiMkdLEpkBTtyQ

They removed a bunch of seasons and are slowly adding them back. Actually, I think 9 wasn't available on Youtube for the US originally, so that'll be nice.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It wasn't on the usual taskmaster channel, it was on one of the ones that runs other stuff, like mundo (not sure if specifically mundo).

Series 12, they got 2 episodes deep before they stopped being posted, pretty sure the producing company flexed rights. It did pop up on DailyMotion, which is a terrible app, but you might check it.

I mean, maybe not now that they're pushing their own streaming service. I'm probably going to sign up for one month when 13 is over, assuming it's available to americans.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
On the topic of streaming, did the nz series vanish from YouTube?

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
Apparently the NZ series is 'coming soon' to the Taskmaster streaming thing, so that might be why.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Also worth remembering that while the official UK Taskmaster channel uploaded full episodes to YouTube (geoblocked in territories they've licenced the show to), the NZ episodes were all uploaded by fans instead. So they were probably copyright removals.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Azhais posted:

On the topic of streaming, did the nz series vanish from YouTube?

Yeah seems so, had a fansite saved which is gone.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

happyhippy posted:

Yeah seems so, had a fansite saved which is gone.
TM NZ is easy enough to watch on the official NZ streaming service with a VPN, with the benefit that you boost official viewing figures.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's a lot of Taskmaster on Youtube, but I think the official Taskmaster Youtube channel only put up to season 7, and the rest are unofficial. I guess I'm more acutely aware of how much is put up on youtube unofficially (as piracy) and just not rigorously taken down, because when I was young, there was tons more of that on youtube and you could find just about everything while now a lot of that has to somehow mess with the video in the hopes of not getting found or pretending to be transformative. There's always been a lot more unofficially uploaded copyrighted English content available on American youtube clean and unedited because I guess copyright enforcers don't make that much effort to hop borders.

I think Taskmaster switched to its current channel on season 8, so presumably they're on a different broadcast deal with the later seasons. I don't know how UK TV deals work or whether internet residuals are a thing.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
It's actually all on the youtube channel, it's just region locked. For Canada for instance we have access to everything up to series 11, but nothing after that. But if you mess around with a vpn series 12 and the new years treat are all there.

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

Boxturret posted:

It's actually all on the youtube channel, it's just region locked.

Can confirm: Here in Luxembourg, the channel has all 12 series. (And when Series 12 ran, the then currently new episode was available on Friday).

englerp fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 5, 2022

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
And, ironically, it isn't available in the UK because they want you to use their own streaming site.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0ZrX-2EiE

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Live audience???

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
They had an audience for this years New Years treat, and the chairs are still close together, so I think it's likely there's an audience for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Gonna need a update to the thread title again. "S13 - Best use of a cement mixer" and "S13 - The noise that blue makes" are the only good quotes I have from the new series. Or I suppose we could mine the archives...