Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I dunno, I think wiping out the entire male population of a town is pretty up there on the war crime scoreboard

Has there been any indication of whether this was ordered or just a bloodthirsty pack of khornates?

Probably not ordered so much as given a blind eye by the officers who are criminally responsible for it regardless.

One of my dogs died suddenly yesterday, so reading about them shooting a guy's dog definitely puts me in the "Let's re-create the highway of death with retreating Russians" camp momentarily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sneakyfrog posted:

i dunno but ive been reading too much internet and my first thought that a flight of b1b's packed full of WP would be a measured response.

Do we even have any B-1s left?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eh, use a B-2 instead.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

im not sure is been like 22 years since i got out. but im sure we still got buff's, that truck seems immune to being aged out of the arsenal

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Besides my pure revulsion I’m left wondering how soon will we get back to folks concern trolling over the Ukrainians showing POWs on tv.

Really puts a damper on the don’t struggle too hard and it won’t be so bad arguments as well.

If they’re doing that to mayors I wouldn’t want to be an MP or central government official, caught by the Russians.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They were used extensively for CAS in Afghanistan and Syria/Iraq - we often had a B1B assigned for FOB protection at Ghazni. One morning they did a supersonic show of force at low altitude right over the base and my inner 5 year old thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
What I'd do is get a list of names of all the Russian soldiers involved in Ukraine and put out an international arrest order for all of them.

There's a lot of countries that ignore these orders, but I suspect Europe will be quite happy to arrest and jail Igor Ivanov the Russian conscript when he tries to take a vacation in Latvia.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Business Insider reporting that Ukrainian civilians poisoned Russian troops with tainted food and alcohol in Izium, near Kharkhiv.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-troops-killed-by-poisoned-food-alcohol-ukrainian-officials-2022-4?utm_source=reddit.com

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

They were used extensively for CAS in Afghanistan and Syria/Iraq - we often had a B1B assigned for FOB protection at Ghazni. One morning they did a supersonic show of force at low altitude right over the base and my inner 5 year old thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I've heard some want to convert some B-1s to gunships.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

psydude posted:

Probably not ordered so much as given a blind eye by the officers who are criminally responsible for it regardless.

One of my dogs died suddenly yesterday, so reading about them shooting a guy's dog definitely puts me in the "Let's re-create the highway of death with retreating Russians" camp momentarily.

They haven't surrendered, they're still belligerents, highway of death it up*. They'll just be redeployed after the ground's hardened up a bit and their armour can be more effectively employed so put the slipper in while they're stumbling, not when they've picked themselves up and gotten themselves set.

If they surrender, great, send them somewhere they can get habituated to a functioning social democracy before being returned en masse to Russia when the war's over. And (if we're convinced they like social democracy a whole lot) war's over, we'll even let you return with your arms.

Once I start reading about Russian forces raping their way through a daycare centre, that's when I start down the road of "Shame you couldn't possibly tell what a white flag from a Russian one through the thermal optics you were definitely using at the time you called in the strike".

e: Ukraine, if able, should HoD it up. Nuclear war isn't in my diary and I'd like it to stay that way.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 3, 2022

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

IPCRESS posted:

Once I start reading about Russian forces raping their way through a daycare centre, that's when I start down the road of "Shame you couldn't possibly tell what a white flag from a Russian one through the thermal optics you were definitely using at the time you called in the strike".

:hmmyes:

for the last like umpteen years i have considered myself a devout pacifist and welp. guess im not.

some fuckers just need to get got

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

psydude posted:

Business Insider reporting that Ukrainian civilians poisoned Russian troops with tainted food and alcohol in Izium, near Kharkhiv.

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-troops-killed-by-poisoned-food-alcohol-ukrainian-officials-2022-4?utm_source=reddit.com

I'm struggling with how I feel about this.

Part of me wants to say 'good job', but the other part of me is sad that civilians are going to have to pay the price for this elsewhere. More than they have already.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cimber posted:

Part of me wants to say 'good job', but the other part of me is sad that civilians are going to have to pay the price for this elsewhere. More than they have already.

If I suspected some dude was likely to put me into a mass grave I'd at least have a go at kicking them in the shins before they opened fire.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cimber posted:

As news of what it means to be occupied by Russians spreads we will probably see more of this. It's horrific that they're put in this position but it's not like they have much of a choice about it when they're up against a genocidal force.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Little bit of a lesson about why you don't try to impress supplies off the people you are occupying.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Dance Officer posted:

What I'd do is get a list of names of all the Russian soldiers involved in Ukraine and put out an international arrest order for all of them.

There's a lot of countries that ignore these orders, but I suspect Europe will be quite happy to arrest and jail Igor Ivanov the Russian conscript when he tries to take a vacation in Latvia.

As a general rule, any Russian who ends up a conscript comes from poor family, so no foreign vacations for them. The whole poo poo-show is so corrupt that families just bribe doctors to write their sons some fake issues that get them medical exemption.

I met a bunch of Russian exchange students in university and not one of them had served, or was going to serve. They were rather perplexed that not only had I served in FDF, I hadn't gotten beaten/raped there either.

Warden fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 3, 2022

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

psydude posted:

9 for balls, 1 for brains.

getting your entire village turned into a mass grave after reprisals for a stunt like this is not the most effective way to resist an occupation.

Especially when you still have a national army and partisan resistance movement out there fighting for you in the field.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
otoh the russians aren’t looking for excuses to kill civilians

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Tryzzub posted:

yeah, but don't give them extras.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
better to appease them

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
A number of Russian soldiers were reportedly killed and many more injured by an angry swarm of bees after detaining a group of Ukrainian beekeepers at work.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hell of a reboot for My Girl

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

That Works posted:

Hell of a reboot for

+

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:dudsmile:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
RT: HUNTER BIDEN FUNDED BEE LAB DISCOVERED IN UKRAINE

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Sorry about your dog. That poo poo sucks and you shouldn’t feel bad for thinking about that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Warden posted:

As a general rule, any Russian who ends up a conscript comes from poor family, so no foreign vacations for them. The whole poo poo-show is so corrupt that families just bribe doctors to write their sons some fake issues that get them medical exemption.

I met a bunch of Russian exchange students in university and not one of them had served, or was going to serve. They were rather perplexed that not only had I served in FDF, I hadn't gotten beaten/raped there either.

Wonder how often "bone spurs" is used

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Cimber posted:

Russians troops are already executing and sexually assaulting people, honestly at this point resist however you can.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CommieGIR posted:

Russians troops are already executing and sexually assaulting people, honestly at this point resist however you can.

Yeah, I'm trying to think how it could get a whole lot worse, and where the line *should* be if not here, and not coming up with a whole lot.

I guess they could be systematic about it, but I feel like the russian military attempting systematic anything is doomed to failure right now

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Tryzzub posted:

btw, is your image profile from Planetside?

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
ya partially, i haven’t played since 2017 tho

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Tryzzub posted:

ya partially, i haven’t played since 2017 tho

Yeah me either. Was a fun game. I should look into it again.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

No, its about narrative control and getting the most bang from your resistance life. Hospitalizing half a platoon of dipshit conscripts in exchange for a mass murdered village is a bad trade when the Ukrainian Army still stands and fights.

if zelensky dies tommorow and a puppet government controlled by the kremlin gets installed, then sure, go hog wild. If General high division commander decides to eat lunch in your kitchen, poison that motherfucker or stab him with a kitchen knife.

that village would be way more valuable alive, and passing intelligence/as a supply cache to Ukrainian resistance than they are dead in a pit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MRC48B posted:

No, its about narrative control and getting the most bang from your resistance life. Hospitalizing half a platoon of dipshit conscripts in exchange for a mass murdered village is a bad trade when the Ukrainian Army still stands and fights.

if zelensky dies tommorow and a puppet government controlled by the kremlin gets installed, then sure, go hog wild. If General high division commander decides to eat lunch in your kitchen, poison that motherfucker or stab him with a kitchen knife.

that village would be way more valuable alive, and passing intelligence/as a supply cache to Ukrainian resistance than they are dead in a pit.

Villages that are not resisting as such are having every man killed from 16-60 and women rounded up and raped then killed.

Just go ahead and read what I just typed up again and then repeat what you said.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

MRC48B posted:

the ukrainians in izium know the calculus better than you, a rational internet poster ™

this isn’t a min/max video game

this is people desperately fighting to stay alive against an army that is turning their city into rubble, poisoning or not

quit being so loving dense

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Dangit I posted in the wrong Ukraine thread again. GIP is not the place for idiotic puns. Idiotic Putins yes, puns no.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 3, 2022

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

BigHead posted:

Dangit I posted in the wrong Ukraine thread again. GIP is not the place for idiotic puns. Idiotic Putins yes, puns no.

WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, STAY WRONG. That's like a day two lesson man, come on!

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Crab Dad posted:

Villages that are not resisting as such are having every man killed from 16-60 and women rounded up and raped then killed.

Just go ahead and read what I just typed up again and then repeat what you said.

Ok I will. This is an ineffective form of resistance against an occupying force. The grandma who baked those poison cakes felt better, but likely got her whole village killed.

Tryzzub posted:

the ukrainians in izium know the calculus better than you, a rational internet poster ™

I'm sure most do. this one didn't.

quote:

this isn’t a min/max video game

Yes, thats what I'm saying. they only get one life. this one person spent a hundred lives to get... two.

quote:

this is people desperately fighting to stay alive against an army that is turning their city into rubble, poisoning or not

quit being so loving dense

baking poison cakes isn't survival, its obvious active resistance, against an opponent who, as we have noted, are happy to use rape/death squads.

this is some great thinking from a bunch of posters who did tours in iraq and afghanistan. its basic insurgency theory.

you do your resistance poo poo covertly, and smile and wave at the occupiers then ambush them later when you have the advantage, in a way thats not connected to the civilian population.

9 for balls. 1 for brains.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
you’re a loving idiot and the fact that you choose this hill to die on is a testament to how soft and sheltered your life has been

this is the russian army, who has a long and evident history of murdering civilians

it’s been a little over a month and the russians are already warcriming to the max

you have no understanding of the russian military or the animosity the russians generally have towards ukrainians

ukrainians do not have the luxury of smile and wave insurgency

pleae educate yourself of go play in traffic

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tryzzub fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 3, 2022