Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

were the cartoons better when you were a kid too gampy?

does salute your shorts qualify as a cartoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Progressive JPEG posted:

does salute your shorts qualify as a cartoon?

look at fancy pants over here that had cable

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/dog_feelings/status/1510031131667689475?s=20&t=RJPlqijn6EO6tn9pheUpXQ

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's true!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

the “oh no. oh no. oh nonononono” song is another strong contender

at least they didn't use the aerosmith version

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/MeanestTA/status/1509936432625897474

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Proest click

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Armitag3 posted:

Proest click

yeah don't sleep on this one, there's a fun and heartwarming second act

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Sagebrush posted:

at least that one is just kind of a meme. i'm talking about the ones set to garbage top 40 / japanese lady singing like a child / canned laugh track / bootlicker country song du jour / etc.

there's always a place for "short video clip + well chosen soundtrack" mashups, as evinced by ytmnd and gifsound and such, but somehow tiktoks just don't fuckin get it.

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=TkMiY&v=3j3okb3kuts
so are those rose-colored glasses prescription or?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/aaronhuertas/status/1510078110166827017

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

lmao

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/scootergonscoot/status/1510275529282408449?s=21&t=FvIqFE0mGbCvyzvQtj9k3g

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/radishharmers/status/1510390539073507329?s=21&t=FvIqFE0mGbCvyzvQtj9k3g

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

does he...does he think the movie came out in 2001?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ClubPhotos_/status/1510331229102563331

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

:thejoke:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

if only people told jokes online

alas

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the curse of the Marilyn tattoo strikes again

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/sparrk/status/1510579478082301957?t=i9OfVMC6PqRIpdyGirEhpA&s=19

:eyepop:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

as someone who worked as a phone rep for a bank* the first tweet is absolutely asinine. all the keyboards in the call centre had noticeable wear on the number pad lol

*20 years ago :ohno:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the curse of the Marilyn tattoo strikes again

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

as someone who worked as a phone rep for a bank* the first tweet is absolutely asinine. all the keyboards in the call centre had noticeable wear on the number pad lol
theyre a loving godsend if youre doing any kind of accounting or numerical data entry

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

FMguru posted:

theyre a loving godsend if youre doing any kind of accounting or numerical data entry
plus: nethack

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

talking about touch typing like the numpad isn't the realest application of fast key entry

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I still have sick numpad skills from a retail job 20 years ago where everything was 6 digit product codes

by comparison my actual typing sucks despite me typing all day, I unironically need to go on a typing course because I constantly transpose letters because my left hand is faster than my right

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i also had some bullshit data entry job freah out of college and still use the numpad all the time if i have any more than 2-3 numeric characters to input in a row

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i also had some bullshit data entry job freah out of college and still use the numpad all the time if i have any more than 2-3 numeric characters to input in a row

same, about the only case like that i don't roll to the keypad is passwords and even then sometimes i'll do it if my hand is in the right place.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

I was a strong numpader but I’ve been using an 89 key and I do appreciate having the mouse closer.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

PCjr sidecar posted:

I was a strong numpader but I’ve been using an 89 key and I do appreciate having the mouse closer.

post pics of the bosendorfer

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

numpad good, I got a laptop with one on purpose

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

numpad good, I got a laptop with one on purpose

they should make laptops with numpads that pop out of the side like old cd trays

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I’m a real fast typer thanks to Mario teaches typing on the Apple Macintosh or some poo poo you’d type the word and Mario would jump on the loops troops

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kenny Logins posted:

plus: nethack

There was a 6 month stretch where my only computer was my wife's MacBook. I tried to learn Cataclysm in that era, but I could not map my brain around non-numpad movement keys.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I’m a real fast typer thanks to Mario teaches typing on the Apple Macintosh or some poo poo you’d type the word and Mario would jump on the loops troops

i remember convincing some other kids in my sixth-grade class that i had a cheat code for that game by just putting it into "only letters that you're bad at" mode, which ends up just being all zs or whatever if you're a good typist

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

before i started working in labs over the summer in college i had a job for a few weeks at a place that did all the local gas station and convenience store inventories. basically walked around the store counting things and putting in product codes on a numpad that was slung over your shoulder and rested at your hip

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah my first job was inputting skus at the head office for a major retail chain. Numpads for life.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my first job was picking up rocks and pulling weeds from the stock yards.

my boss bought me a new ergo keyboard which was nice of him. it had not numpad so I made him return it.

numpad for life.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Yeah I was a temp in my late teens and I spent a month digitizing like a decade of cucumber crop yields

Numpad Gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/honeystaysuper/status/1510682625148702726