Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

At least the Russians didn't consume the blood of the people they massacred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

McGavin posted:

At least the Russians didn't consume the blood of the people they massacred.

Speaking of Vlad the Impaler

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Ukraine thread: using emojis to announcedeny my warcrimes so the kids know im hip

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Ukraine thread: using emojis to announcedeny my warcrimes so the kids know im hip

I haven't yet seen tiktok teens faking being under siege for clout this time, maybe that's the next step for Russian diplomats

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The only thing the security council needs to consider is whether or not to expel Russia.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

A.o.D. posted:

The only thing the security council needs to consider is whether or not to expel Russia.

Serious talk, what are the requirements to do so? Beyond the usual talks of nukes flying if the vote is done, what would be the consequences by not being in the UN?

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
russia should no longer be recognized as a country at this point

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SlowBloke posted:

Serious talk, what are the requirements to do so? Beyond the usual talks of nukes flying if the vote is done, what would be the consequences by not being in the UN?
One proposal I've seen is to take the approach that the charter mentions the Soviet Union as a veto member of the security council, and that Russia is not the Soviet Union.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

SlowBloke posted:

Get Russia to agree to remove themselves.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Barcley posted:

The only folks falling for this bullshit are the ones who already believe Russia is the good guy in this war.

The people you hear echoing that nonsense are at best just stupid and at worst monsters helping to try and shift blame for this horror, imo.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that fat fuckwit texan guy who was imbedded with the Russian army, talking how they were going to kick rear end and denazify Ukraine?

I want to kick that guy in the teeth.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Cimber posted:

Speaking of which, what ever happened to that fat fuckwit texan guy who was imbedded with the Russian army, talking how they were going to kick rear end and denazify Ukraine?

Hopefully Saint Javelin paid him a visit.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Cimber posted:

There was also that Chinese journalist embedded with Russian troops. With the anti tank weapons there’s a chance he got incinerated too

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Hopefully Saint Javelin paid him a visit.

I would prefer that he be forced to return to the United States and have to live with his infamy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's also the simple possibility that things are just going very poorly where they are and thus they can't/won't publish whatever they might be documenting.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Flesnolk posted:

I hope none of them do. The only good one's a dead one!

Keep your bloodlust out of my subforum.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Cimber posted:

Hopefully he gets a burst appendix followed by untreatable septicemia, no glory for him.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Cimber posted:

His youtube account was shut down and the rest of his social media hasn't been updated in, afaict, mostly a lot longer than a month.

E: he's still posting on vk

https://vk.com/donbasstexac

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Herstory Begins Now posted:

His youtube account was shut down and the rest of his social media hasn't been updated in, afaict, mostly a lot longer than a month.

What is VK, the russian version of facebook, 4chan and q-anon rolled into one? Either way, looking at his page just gave me brain cancer.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

yeah mostly facebook

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

SlowBloke posted:

My understanding is that whatever the legal possibilities for it, ultimately the Security Council exists because it recognizes that the permanent members are, de facto, big, important, and influential. Removing them from it makes decision-making around them somewhat crippled by nature - like if the fast food industry got together in a forum and solemnly declared to make their food choices healthier in all fast food outlets everywhere, even at the cost of taste, except McDonald's wasn't invited to the forum and went "Yeah whatever we're just gonna just gonna keep making the same heart-stopping poo poo we've always made, lol time to hoover up all the people looking for their oil and salt fix" so everyone else either sticks to their agreement and suffers lost profits or goes "Eh, gently caress it, whatever" and tears it up to stay competitive. If McDonald's was invited then a blanket determination to be much healthier is probably out but it might at least be possible to get an agreement to cut down on certain things to some degree.

Plus there's a risk that if Russia gets cut out it'll declare "Well gently caress the UN entirely, clearly they're out to get us, we're making our own UN with atrocities and warcrimes" which could trigger other nations friendly to Russia and/or warcrimes signing on and then the UN stops being a global forum of discussion and diplomacy and becomes one of many armed and mutually hostile clubs.

There might be an argument about how much good the UN really serves as a global forum of discussion anyways if it's forced to put up with poo poo like this for the sake of not fracturing itself, but I don't actually know enough about the UN to argue that point much.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

SlowBloke posted:

Russia's UNSC veto isn't for Russia's benefit, it's for everyone else's. The UNSC exists for the sole purpose of keeping its permanent members from nuking each other by being a way to find out without loving around. All expelling them would do is further obscure the circumstances under which they're willing to let the birds fly.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

raminasi posted:

Russia's UNSC veto isn't for Russia's benefit, it's for everyone else's. The UNSC exists for the sole purpose of keeping its permanent members from nuking each other by being a way to find out without loving around. All expelling them would do is further obscure the circumstances under which they're willing to let the birds fly.

Not really, but interesting to see a new goon narrative form in just the last few weeks.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Fame Douglas posted:

Not really, but interesting to see a new goon narrative form in just the last few weeks.

Idk about "goon narrative" but that's been my understanding of UNSC vetoes since I first learned about them in high school however many years ago. Do you have some literature on an alternative viewpoint I can read?

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
It's sort of academic (although I personally haven't heard the "veto is for the benefit of everyone else" argument before). Having a veto was necessary for the formation of the UN and there's no mechanism for removing it. It's much more likely that we'll get more permanent members than less.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God I can’t wait to watch him get dunked on by the Ukrainian Ambassador.

Not to take away anything from the Ambassador and his excellent work, but i recall reading that Ukraine has actually had free pro bono help from some PR firms (which I think is a great and wonderful thing), still the script doesn’t matter, if you suck at delivering it. It does mean that flexing on Russia at the UN from Ukraine will continue with great effect.

Has anyone noticed that the plan pre-invasion, by the US and UK to rapidly declassify stuff, is quite similar to what was done after the KAL007 shoot down?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

I've seen versions of that floating around in the CE thread every time Russia or China utilizes their veto, so if it's a goon only narrative it's older than the last few weeks.

I mean if you think about UN or no, Nuclear armed nations with ability to hit anything on the planet already have a veto. It's just instead of going to the security council and saying "doesn't work for me brother" it's a communique between diplomats saying "gently caress around and find out" with a picture an ICBM.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

Yours? You are a moderator, not a president. I’ve been lusting for Russian military blood for decades and I’ll be damned if you think I’ll tamp it down now.

jk, I know bloodlust is gross. P.S.: I’m gross

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The security council should be made up of the top 10 countries by the Composite Index of National Capability. Adjust it every 5-10 years.

He'res the top 20 as of 2016 data.

CHN
USA
IND
RUS
JPN
ROK
BRA
GMY
INS
IRN
PAK
TUR
MEX
SAU
PRK
UKG
FRN
ITA
EGY
DRV

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Apr 3, 2022

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

A.o.D. posted:

As soon as I figure out how to explain to one that burning out your workforce so that you have 18 month turnover on your entire labor pool is actually bad for your bottom line in a way that they'll accept, I'll get back to you.

Otherwise, I can offer you this as a tool for a more.. material form of persuasion:

https://www.supremet-shirtsale.com/fw18-supreme-tool-crowbar-red.html

Huh. I'm a Raymond certified forklift technician. NJ Malin was a very good company to work for. (raymond forklifts are on the good side of the equation, fyi)

I wish you godspeed and good luck, because every MBA I've met in a professional context was a goddamn sociopath par excellence and religious believer in management by metrics in a vacuum.

Edit: Holy poo poo this was an old tab, but still bears saying.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Liquid Communism posted:

I wish you godspeed and good luck, because every MBA I've met in a professional context was a goddamn sociopath par excellence and religious believer in management by metrics in a vacuum.

Edit: Holy poo poo this was an old tab, but still bears saying.

Thats because management succeeds (read: Gets promoted) by adopting the Next Big Thing!(tm) early and showing gains and productivity saves. Extending the paradigm in the scrums can give proof to an Agile Work Environment with cost saves!

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

McNally posted:

that is not what our founding moderator intended

Liquid Communism posted:

and religious believer in management by metrics in a vacuum.

My fun job at Dish Network got ruined by some rear end in a top hat VP that Charlie Ergen hired from FedEx to throw tattletales on the vans and metrics on every little thing. It was the worst thing I had ever seen.

Until the next job at a chemical plant that got bought out by Honeywell. Then I got to see how bad it was when metrics got mixed up with weeabo TPS fandom. Buncha loving rednecks preaching kaizen.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GD_American posted:

Well neither was paying child support.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

GD_American posted:

Until the next job at a chemical plant that got bought out by Honeywell. Then I got to see how bad it was when metrics got mixed up with weeabo TPS fandom. Buncha loving rednecks preaching kaizen.

So much of business management is cargo cult like. If we copy what Toyota does then we'll be as successful as them!

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Taerkar posted:

So much of business management is cargo cult like. If we copy what Toyota does then we'll be as successful as them!

"If we copy what Piggly Wiggly does then we'll be as successful as them!" -Taiichi Ohno, 1948

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BigHead posted:

Dangit I posted in the wrong Ukraine thread again. GIP is not the place for idiotic puns. Idiotic Putins yes, puns no.

We’re not allowed to talk about the wrong Ukraine thread here. Mod rules not mine

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

“We are going to “clap back” at these Russophobic falsehoods

They do not have such “receipts” and we will be spilling the chai shortly”

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 4, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

shame on an IGA posted:

"If we copy what Piggly Wiggly does then we'll be as successful as them!" -Taiichi Ohno, 1948

Like this?

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
The latest report from ISW claims north-west of Kyiv has been cleared of Russians and all have returned to Belarus. Frankly I find it hard to believe that simply because of logistical ineptitude, it doesn't feel possible for Russians to have withdrawn this quickly and I haven't seen reports of mass surrenders either.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Saukkis posted:

The latest report from ISW claims north-west of Kyiv has been cleared of Russians and all have returned to Belarus. Frankly I find it hard to believe that simply because of logistical ineptitude, it doesn't feel possible for Russians to have withdrawn this quickly and I haven't seen reports of mass surrenders either.

I'm sure it helped that they had to withdraw because they had failed in the attack and faced the possibility of being defeated if they went over to the defense, rather than having to retreat unexpectedly.

In any case:

quote:

The continued existence of an independent Ukrainian state with its capital in Kyiv is no longer in question at this time, although much fighting remains and the war could still turn Russia’s way.
That deserves a :toot:

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

GD_American posted:

My fun job at Dish Network got ruined by some rear end in a top hat VP that Charlie Ergen hired from FedEx to throw tattletales on the vans and metrics on every little thing. It was the worst thing I had ever seen.

https://hbr.org/2017/05/linear-thinking-in-a-nonlinear-world

Linear thinking combined with everything W. Edwards Deming hated. Add in a lack of imagination and desire to justify their life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Herstory Begins Now posted:

A lot of Russias token clowns are safely in the Donbas but this is his new home so he has nowhere else to go. Good luck with the Ukrainian counterattack cowboy