Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

T1 and t2 guardians are still hella hosed.

They are way way over tuned and people don’t even bother with that poo poo especially with the poo poo rewards they give.
T2 guardians are a good source of gold & mats. Even with 4x alts in t3 I still do my rested t2 guardianson t2 alts because they give about the same gold as the lower t3 guardians. Need to pick and choose which you do, though. At a minimum people should do them once for the free material box & to progress their guardians.

T2 isn't really overtuned, people just tend to not gear well so they take 10-11 minutes instead of the 6-8 they took early on. Calventus, fire turtle, and tree man are particularly good to matchmake in T2. If you're soloing, even the 4th guardians can be worth doing in T2 and solo takes about the same amount of time as group if you are a dps class.

T1's 4th guardians were really overtuned and annoying if you tried to do them at the minimum ilvl. I've avoided T1 guardians for a while, but if my main were T1 I'd probably do them at least on main.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The T1 and T2 guardians were great fun when I was leveling my main. Now they're just a chore that I cant be bothered to do on alts until I have a bunch of rest bonus. They should really at least be 2x the rewards once a day indtead

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
So are these assholes ever going to fix Illusion Island not applying engravings?

A Taijutsu Scrapper is literally non-functional. 23 days this bug has been acknowledged. Guess I'll just build a shock training variant as I don't think they'll ever fix it.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 2, 2022

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Guardians in general are a chore. The event with triple guardians is actually somewhat enjoyable just because you get to see big numbers and can clear everything in 4-6 minutes. Regular guardians should be the same thing since we're expected to kill them multiple times per day per character. Hopefully they revamp them soon and revert that stupid hp buff.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Just get to t3 and the issue goes away, they are like 3-7 minute fights depending on the party you end up with. The final t2 guardian Alberhastic is usually quick also, and I just don't run any others these days because it's not enough gold to be worth my time. If you are still farming t2s though you might try party finder instead of matchmaking because if people have actual engravings you can blast most of them in 5-6 minutes.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Suprfli6 posted:

Guardians in general are a chore. The event with triple guardians is actually somewhat enjoyable just because you get to see big numbers and can clear everything in 4-6 minutes. Regular guardians should be the same thing since we're expected to kill them multiple times per day per character. Hopefully they revamp them soon and revert that stupid hp buff.

i agree. this guardian event feels like what a daily should be, which an option to do something a bit harder for the week. i will miss this event when it goes away :(

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Cinara posted:

Just get to t3 and the issue goes away, they are like 3-7 minute fights depending on the party you end up with. The final t2 guardian Alberhastic is usually quick also, and I just don't run any others these days because it's not enough gold to be worth my time. If you are still farming t2s though you might try party finder instead of matchmaking because if people have actual engravings you can blast most of them in 5-6 minutes.

Nah, Igrexion and Yoho are both fairly annoying in T3 and your group can wipe if people are bad. Velganos at 1385 is actually difficult considering the wipe mechanics and most people either solo him once or just ignore him altogether before sticking with Yoho. Nacrasena isn't too bad compared to the rest but even he takes longer than he should and if people are bad at killing baby scorpions he can wipe the group or take a lot longer than he should.

My main is a 1400 WD and I've soloed Velganos and at this point I'd still rather do other guardians on my alts but guardians in general are just awful.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I have never had a pug Igrexion take more than 7 minutes, and Yoho is a joke because most people don't even do Velganos so everyone is way overleveled for her.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cinara posted:

I have never had a pug Igrexion take more than 7 minutes, and Yoho is a joke because most people don't even do Velganos so everyone is way overleveled for her.
I uhh... had an incorrectly specced dps paladin and a gunslinger who both died 5x total in the first 2 minutes on igrexion this morning. A gunlancer and my alt took 13 minutes to 2 man him while they spammed quit votes. We even went on a leisurely stroll and restocked on pots during the fire phase.

On one hand, we carried them. On the other, the quit votes they kept doing meant they were annoyed. :getin:

Other than that, I've never seen igrexion take more than 8-9 minutes and he usually takes 5-7. In slower groups there's a death or two in the fire phase because people who can't do damage also don't believe in panacea. I'd argue he's easier than scorpion because in earth phase you can ignore all mechanics and in fire you can ignore most. Scorpion has a little bit of a learning curve, especially as melee, but is ultimately easier once you are good at avoiding the leap & learn that he pops out in the same direction he's looking during the add phase.

I haven't even tried playing with other people on velg. I solod it a few times for fun. It's not so bad once you realize you can just not do the pizza mechanic if he backs into a wall (super annoying how frequently this happens) & can leave lights up on the ground going into this phase. It took me quite a few attempts to learn the fight*. The last phase in particular was rough to learn & I'd bet that's where most groups fail.

* More than anything else in the game so far. It probably took 2 hours of practice with 1hr one day, 1hr a second day to get it down, and now I can do it pretty consistently. It seemed fair though, other than doing pizza against a wall, and I felt like it helped me improve as a player.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 3, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea Velganos is really not great in a party just because of the light mechanic

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

i love the fun guardians and i’m gonna be sad when they go

i’ve been trying to narrow the field a bit because playing 11 different alts is not sustainable. i’ve been moving them to the left in the char select screen each time i play them and i’ve started to settle on paladin, berserker, blade, artillerist, gunlancer, and bard. still a lot, but as i rotate through the smaller pool i’m starting to actually get better at playing each of them instead of spending the first ten minutes going “wait what are any of these skills again?”

i still want scouter, lance master, and reaper though 😅

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I've been trying to delete a character in my roster for like 3 weeks and this game simply will not let me delete anything

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

S.J. posted:

I've been trying to delete a character in my roster for like 3 weeks and this game simply will not let me delete anything

Same i was reaching the point where i need to create alts to farm solas and get some silver and im stuck now.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

S.J. posted:

The trick to this is that Pending Deletion status is a bald-faced lie, you can just re-select the character and press delete again and it will work. I have no idea if this is bad translation or a super weird design choice but the Pending status means nothing, just ignore it.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Brain In A Jar posted:

The trick to this is that Pending Deletion status is a bald-faced lie, you can just re-select the character and press delete again and it will work. I have no idea if this is bad translation or a super weird design choice but the Pending status means nothing, just ignore it.

Yeah, a buddy of mine ran into the same thing after a few days of "pending". There may be an initial phase of delete protection but ultimately it's just a really misleading version of character deletion safeguards.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So, had a client lockup when the game was just about to fire up a cutscene, and now my character has a permanent loading screen. Is this a certifiable "you're hosed until Amazon Games support finds time to respond to your ticket" situation?

Okay, fifteen seconds to get into a livechat with support, thirty seconds for them to read the problem and press a button and its fixed. That's nice.

...and the quest is definitely bugged for me and my second attempt at it resulted in the same lockup and infinite load screen. Time to abandon and try again. Totally cockblocking my Ignea token.

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 3, 2022

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I have to ask how you're all not disenfranchised by the fact this game is literally 90% bots.

This isn't even close to an exaggeration. It's probably a conservative estimate. I rarely see actual players except during events. 95% of the actual characters I see are obvious bots with obvious bot names and running at ludicrous speeds unachievable without hacks and also running through walls. Usually travelling in packs of 5+.

Any of the zones in Luterra besides the castle you will be the only person who isn't a bot in the whole zone at any given time. This only slightly gets better in the 1100+ gear areas.

Do people actually spend money on this game? I just can't imagine it would be lucrative, unless these are actual players who just hate farming and instead of quitting a poo poo game where that's required, they're just cheating to try and keep up.

Everything about it is pathetic. It's clear as day that the developers do not care, or actively encourage it, as I could easily ban 200 players in the span of 20 minutes just by walking around.

It's really hard to justify putting my time into this poo poo when I'm the extreme minority who is actually putting the time in and not cheating, surrounded by a bunch of shortcutting wastes of oxygen who would be better lying at the bottom of a piss-ditch.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Most of the actual players are in the 50+ range by now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The bots arent moving beyond Tier 1, or even getting to level 50, so its a non-issue.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I can group with folks for dungeons and coop events and islands, it doesn't overly bother me if some soon-to-be-banned bots want to teleport around and put low cost adventure tome collectables on the marketboard.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jelly posted:

Everything about it is pathetic. It's clear as day that the developers do not care, or actively encourage it, as I could easily ban 200 players in the span of 20 minutes just by walking around.

It's really hard to justify putting my time into this poo poo when I'm the extreme minority who is actually putting the time in and not cheating, surrounded by a bunch of shortcutting wastes of oxygen who would be better lying at the bottom of a piss-ditch.
The overwhelming majority of people aren't cheating.

The new player area is flooded with bots and has been since f2p dropped. They've done a million account ban wave, but botters can automate account creation. Their recent change of requiring the accounts to be steam verified has done a whole lot to slow down botting & 3rd party RMT but there are still plenty of bot accounts even if it's 1/10th what was there before. It's also one of the things they're prioritizing developing solutions for.

The bots you're seeing aren't ran by players. They're ran by bot farms that run tens of thousands of bots. They're expecting the accounts to get banned during ban waves, but they're selling the gold they manage to get in the meantime.

I said come in! posted:

The bots arent moving beyond Tier 1, or even getting to level 50, so its a non-issue.
T1 chaos gates were flooded with bots earlier in the week and they're likely botting T1 chaos dungeons and have been for some time. It's a genuine issue that new players will see lots of bots and get the wrong idea.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 4, 2022

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Only time I ever see bots is when I play my T1 alts. Otherwise I usually forget they exist.

It's a terrible look to new players, but that's about it. Every f2p is going to have a bot problem.

Even FF14 is covered in teleporting bot trains in early areas on some servers.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I wish bots would move to every continent so I could buy the adventure tome garbage cheap.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

afkmacro posted:

I wish bots would move to every continent so I could buy the adventure tome garbage cheap.

yeah kinda same. I'd be nice if I could pick up the anikka/arekesia/etc. tome stuff for like 1g a pop

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Speaking of bots, I just got my 5 epic harvesting tools I've been scrounging for with world tree leaves and noticed that they were tradable. Turns out the going rate for them is like 3 gold on the market so don't, uh, forget to check that in case you need stun immunity with a few decent bonus roles for gathering.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
The bots don't seem nearly as annoying as they did a few weeks ago. I have been working on Adventure Tome stuff on the beginning continent/Luterra this weekend and mentioned today that I haven't seen nearly the amount of obvious botting, even in Prideholme.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

there should be more bots crash the price of everything i'm not buying gold

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why doesn't AGS just make it so that gold can't be sent over mail period by anyone?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jelly posted:

I have to ask how you're all not disenfranchised by the fact this game is literally 90% bots.

This isn't even close to an exaggeration. It's probably a conservative estimate. I rarely see actual players except during events. 95% of the actual characters I see are obvious bots with obvious bot names and running at ludicrous speeds unachievable without hacks and also running through walls. Usually travelling in packs of 5+.

Any of the zones in Luterra besides the castle you will be the only person who isn't a bot in the whole zone at any given time. This only slightly gets better in the 1100+ gear areas.

Do people actually spend money on this game? I just can't imagine it would be lucrative, unless these are actual players who just hate farming and instead of quitting a poo poo game where that's required, they're just cheating to try and keep up.

lol

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Maybe an empassioned exaggeration outside of Luterra, but this is not: I've seen more bots running around in the month I've played this game, than in the all of the years of playing every other MMO I've ever played, combined. Maybe they're just more visible, but it's really jarring.

Though I have to say Amazon's other game, New World, also had a shitload of bots.

Finally doing 8-man Abyssal's and some of those mechanics are pretty rough. Are people mostly running those with their guilds or do they manage to get through them in public groups? I just had a party fail like 7 times before we gave up. Curious if that's the exception or the norm. It was still pretty fun to learn for the first attempt, but probably would not be as fun to fail the second.

If any are curious it was the fight where you have the 1,2,3,4 then 1,2,3,3,4 rotations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jelly posted:

If any are curious it was the fight where you have the 1,2,3,4 then 1,2,3,3,4 rotations.
It can be normal to wipe quite a few times with that while pugging. I've only pugged everything, except tagging along with an alt in goon groups sometimes, and I've definitely had groups that succeeded after 12+ wipes there. Most of the time people get it in 3-5 attempts.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 4, 2022

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I haven't had any matchmaking groups fail that mechanic to the point of abandoning the raid (US West).

One group we failed a couple of times, then I called out by name the one person I saw on my screen doing it wrong and what they needed to do instead, and we cleared it first time after that.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Khorne posted:

It can be normal to wipe quite a few times with that while pugging. I've only pugged everything, except tagging along with an alt in goon groups sometimes, and I've definitely had groups that succeeded after 12+ wipes there. Most of the time people get it in 3-5 attempts.
How does that particular encounter rank on the general difficulty scale for late game bosses?

Also, how did people figure it out the first time? Does it actually tell you anywhere?

e: I mean like in game, I know it's on maxroll, or wherever, but the first 8 people to beat the raid, how did they know what to do?

The mechanics seem more complex than something you could just experiment out, but maybe I'm underestimating human tenacity.

Jelly fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 4, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jabor posted:

I haven't had any matchmaking groups fail that mechanic to the point of abandoning the raid (US West).

One group we failed a couple of times, then I called out by name the one person I saw on my screen doing it wrong and what they needed to do instead, and we cleared it first time after that.

I had a group doing the 2nd underwater Abyssal fail because some people kept standing in the wrong spot for orbs over and over again and wouldn't learn, plus someone being a huge rear end in a top hat in chat because there were people who didn't know the mechanic the first time. Felt like I was back home in WoW.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

I said come in! posted:

the only impact the bots have is bringing down market prices for the first five continents of rng drop collectibles lmao

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I admit bots make me irrationally angry. In this game they uniquely send you tells and mails. And today I worked on my first Adventure Book in East Luterra which probably didn't help.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jelly posted:

How does that particular encounter rank on the general difficulty scale for late game bosses?

Also, how did people figure it out the first time? Does it actually tell you anywhere?

e: I mean like in game, I know it's on maxroll, or wherever, but the first 8 people to beat the raid, how did they know what to do?

The mechanics seem more complex than something you could just experiment out, but maybe I'm underestimating human tenacity.

So there's two parts of mechanic discovery:

- Figuring out what the mechanics are
- Figuring out strategies to solve them

The first part is actually pretty easy here - there's literally a message that tells you the boss is drawing in energy and you shouldn't let it do that. Attacking the orbs doesn't do anything, but you can absorb the first orb with seemingly no downside (just a do-nothing debuff) so it's pretty obvious that the mechanic is just body blocking the orbs.

So, each player takes a direction, absorbs the first orb, eats poo poo on the second orb and then the third wave gets through. So maybe you talk about this and notice that the two different colours of orbs actually give you two different debuffs, and since collecting the same colour twice messed you up you try collecting alternate colours. And you do that and then you don't get messed up, so now you know exactly how the mechanic works and what you need to do.

Step two is, now that you know the mechanic, figuring out a strategy to ensure that everyone alternates. Maybe you start with players just swapping back and forth with one of the spots next to them, which works fine. But rotating clockwise also works, and is easier to remember (because you don't have to work out which direction you're swapping).

Overall, it's a pretty easy mechanic to figure out blind.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I would be more concerned about bots if it weren't objectively true that gold has insanely deflated over the past few weeks (most of it over a matter of days), indicating that they are in fact probably banning an extremely large number of bots and things are moving in the right direction. The price of crystal conversion has literally fallen from 900 to 400 gold.

Jelly posted:

I admit bots make me irrationally angry. In this game they uniquely send you tells and mails.

Not that it isn't happening, but I haven't encountered it at all.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Apr 4, 2022

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Friend of mine had a bot dm them a couple times this weekend and it happened to me earlier in the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Scoss posted:

Not that it isn't happening, but I haven't encountered it at all.

Just the other day I saw someone complaining in area chat that the bots ate even sending him whispers with gold seller spam and I joked something like I never got one and that I feel lonely because even bots ignore me. Roughly 30 seconds later I got flooded by gold seller spam whispers from at least 5 different bot accounts, so I guess some of the people running the bot farms are playing the game and have a sense of humour. :v: