Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Well that was fun. Lazy sunday, I slept through my group's usual start time (no biggie, it's chaotic and I'm on the west coast so I'm usually not in time for most of them), stroll online "Hey we need a tank for P2S. Do you have one?" "...I guess?"

So I did P2S on my tank for the first time. Took a couple of goes but we got it and none of them were my fault. Barely. I didn't know it was possible to get a 0-parse on dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I seem to have missed a questline about beavers, where do I go for it?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Il Mheg. And good luck.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Electric Phantasm posted:

I seem to have missed a questline about beavers, where do I go for it?

:rip:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I forget are we getting more Glamor space this patch or a later one?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

more Glamour PLATES this patch, more Glamour Dresser space later.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Later. This one 'just' gives us 5 more plates and the ability to use them whenever we're in a Sanctuary, instead of only in cities.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I'm more excited about the plates than the storage so I'll be happy with this.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Sanctuary plates are going to revolutionize my glamour game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God drat it I've been maxed at 400 forever and I can't find anything else to take out of my dresser. :(

On a related note

Is Yugiri's helm here something you can get?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I'm more excited about the plates than the storage so I'll be happy with this.

:same:

I have more things set up in Glamaholic than I should admit to and the ability to fit five more looks in actual plates instead of cold storage via Glamaholic will be a godsend.

Meanwhile I'm at like 265/400 in my dresser. :v:

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

ImpAtom posted:

Is Yugiri's helm here something you can get?
It's custom gear according to garlandtools.org, so no. Also, a fun fact is that she was a mi'qote back then.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hellioning posted:

Il Mheg. And good luck.

Well...I guess I got some context for the quest in Sharlyan...:stare:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I've suddenly started getting a 1012 error when I try to log on, and I was able to get on fine like eight hours ago. I found a thread that suggested changing some values in a config file and I reset the system setting on the launcher but to no avail. I'd rather not do a fresh install, because I'd like to actually play tonight (and also because it would just be a whole Thing) but I'm also seeing people saying that 1012 is some sort of server cap error, so I just don't know. Anyone else have this happen?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
We're weeks late and all but gently caress it, still happy that bird dracula has bit the dust:

Savage endbosses should really be required to leave a corpse for screenshot purposes.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
Got both the weapon coffer and the BLM staff from P4S this week. Figured I should level BLM so i can troll my static with it at some point since I'm their caster.

First duty I queued into was E3S. Fight starts, dropped leylines, firing off my fire 4s. Life's pretty good.

Then the MT got targetted with the tank buster and moved the right and got me with it.

I don't think I want to be a BLM main ever.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
As long as you didn't attempt to dodge you did nothing wrong.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I'm now plan on getting some tomestones since I've haven't been doing that because of me being lazy. I'm probably just gonna get the hairstyle and be done with it since I don't think I have the patience of doing Main Scenario too much while the revamp is nearing. That and the headband (I don't know if Viera can be seen equipping it normally or via Hrothgar and Viera Hats) looks silly as a Viera considering the long bunny ears.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Why did you queue into E3S to level something

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I mean, the tanks have a sort of duty not to blast you with tank busters, but part of what makes blm so interesting at the savage level is the positioning game, or rather how little you have to move so you can blast out those fire 4s.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

you are duty bound as a black mage to stand in the most inconvenient spots for both your tanks and your healers

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

i would simply cast fire 4 and anything or one who prevents me from doing so is at fault

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Dryzen posted:

i would simply cast fire 4 and anything or one who prevents me from doing so is at fault

The true way. I don't think any other class has so many alternative fight strategies for the group that boil down to "here's a way to do this so your blm doesn't have to move or do anything".

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
head empty, only Fire 4

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I'm really loving the classical set for casters. Pants glammed to summer briefs

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Vitamean posted:

you are duty bound as a black mage to stand in the most inconvenient spots for both your tanks and your healers

I thought the rule for black mages was to carefully observe where the melee likes to go for spread mechanics, and then make a point of dropping Leylines in that exact spot.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just drop the leyline right outside the healer mitigation bubble so they're touching, but don't overlap at all.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I missed Fronlines chat but borderland ruins can go die in a hole. Other modes are fine.

At this point the whole match is just walking back and forth across the map and often avoiding any fight that isn't on the middle pillar.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

my favorite little bit is blm can drop their leylines in the exact middle of the arena in p4s Act IV and be just outside of every explosion

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Leylines should be dropped exactly where you happen to be when the cooldown is up, even if it's completely unsafe or it's during forced movement. That's your home now. You live there.

Healers adjust.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Vitamean posted:

So you choose death. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've always figured Healers and BLMs were mortal enemies since healers can pull BLMs out of their leylines.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Most healer's AoE heals cover a 15y radius, and while that is certainly large, it doesn't cover all of the average arena size.

I know BLM are anti-social for fear of other's AoE ground markers, but you can stand a BIT closer. :v:

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Most healer's AoE heals cover a 15y radius, and while that is certainly large, it doesn't cover all of the average arena size.

I know BLM are anti-social for fear of other's AoE ground markers, but you can stand a BIT closer. :v:

No

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Then perish! :devil:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My favorite was a dungeon with a BLM who stood at max range and just didn't move. He got a stack marker. We just stood there by the boss looking at him. He never moved.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My favorite was a dungeon with a BLM who stood at max range and just didn't move. He got a stack marker. We just stood there by the boss looking at him. He never moved.

No fear, only Fire 4.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I've always figured Healers and BLMs were mortal enemies since healers can pull BLMs out of their leylines.

I love and trust my healers. This is why I am not worried about standing in orange with 17 vuln stacks so that I can get through this despair cast before AF falls off.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bruceski posted:

Sounds like you should have moved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I had a BLM Plant their leylines behind the tank during Suzaku, and didn't move for the giant half-circle AOE after kicks or simon.