Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
So, The Reverb Ensemble fight. Do I have to do it all in one go without quitting out of the game, or can I take breaks after getting through the Lower and Middle floors?

Edit: That's Eileen and Greta down. Former kinda folded to the Yesod Mist strategy, even if I had to whip out Der Shooty to burn through her last wave. Greta wasn't as bad as people said - but I also went into her sticking to a guide, MVP was definitely a turbocharged Bamboo Hat. Still struggling with burning down Philip fast enough, though - probably need to add in Lowell for an extra bit of burning mass attack in phase 2.

Verant fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

The latter. You can quit the game just fine, you just can't exit out of the whole thing and go back to farm more pages and stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
What page are you talking about Gilliam? Is it one from Blade Lineage, Seven Association or Index Proselytes?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
It's Will of the Prescript.

And I am insulted to think that you guys honestly believe I'd rig a vote just to get my hands on a tier 0 archetype.

I did it because I thought it was funny.:colbert:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Yeah it's Will. As it turns out, drawing 3 cards off a single card is really loving strong! Pretty much every deck you'll make after you get it will be Singleton because Will basically solves all your card draw issues by simply having one copy in your deck.

Also you'd better repeat this when we get the Index again next tier. For both fights. :unsmigghh:

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 4, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Also you'd better repeat this when we get the Prescript again next tier. For both fights. :unsmigghh:

This is the sort of joke I can only get away with once unless I want to be beaten to death by the entire thread, also there are... other factors that prevent me from really repeating material come that point. Suffice to say I'm doing TQ things.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Thank goodness, because I would not want to be locked into the Proxy and Distorted Yan fights after voting for the fight against Kalo and co.

But anyway, I can't wait for the thread to realize how completely hosed up Prescripts are, and the wonders of Gloria's high and chirpy VA. And Queen Bee fight, too!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

TeeQueue posted:

This is the sort of joke I can only get away with once unless I want to be beaten to death by the entire thread, also there are... other factors that prevent me from really repeating material come that point. Suffice to say I'm doing TQ things.
I'm pretty sure the thread would railroad you into Yan like they did with Love Town even if you weren't railroading yourself into it, lol. I don't think they'd be able to resist throwing the second hardest fight in SotC at you the second it came up. But there'd be other factors at play preventing a repeat, eh? That's interesting. I'm looking forward to whatever you're planning with SotC.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, that leaves me with a good question: Will SotC General Receptions be placed when we move from Tier 1 to Tier 2, or Tier 2 to Tier 3?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Oh, that leaves me with a good question: Will SotC General Receptions be placed when we move from Tier 1 to Tier 2, or Tier 2 to Tier 3?

That is a good question.

Yes. :v:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

GilliamYaeger posted:

Yeah it's Will. As it turns out, drawing 3 cards off a single card is really loving strong! Pretty much every deck you'll make after you get it will be Singleton because Will basically solves all your card draw issues by simply having one copy in your deck.

No kidding. I had to relearn how to build non-Singleton decks for the Ensemble fights!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

Yes, because there's two tiers of SotC general receptions.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

In other news, new episode of leviathan. The ring is very interesting.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
I was wondering when the English version was posted, saw that the Korean and Japanese versions were uploaded over the weekend.

Nice disguise there, Vergilius.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Theantero posted:

I remember the time spent grinding this easy yet lengthy fight for them Haulers back in the day, and for that reason alone it's my... 3rd least favorite reception in the game.

(The other 2 are also in Urban Nightmare)

(Those who have played the game will know exactly which ones)
I'm guessing it's gotta be Crying Children and the Circus?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Where do I get to read Leviathan?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

AweStriker posted:

Yeah I need to know this too

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Here, on the official site. You'll need to create an account and activate the adult content setting first though.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

AweStriker posted:

https://projectmoon.postype.com/series/875159/leviathan-projectmoon-comics-english

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm guessing it's gotta be Crying Children and the Circus?

Correct!

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

Theantero posted:

I remember the time spent grinding this easy yet lengthy fight for them Haulers back in the day, and for that reason alone it's my... 3rd least favorite reception in the game.

(The other 2 are also in Urban Nightmare)

(Those who have played the game will know exactly which ones)

I'll be honest, when I saw that post the first reception that came to my mind was the Puppet reception because that was the go-to reception for book-farming back in the day when XP and key page power-grinding was a thing.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Loxo321 posted:

I'll be honest, when I saw that post the first reception that came to my mind was the Puppet reception because that was the go-to reception for book-farming back in the day when XP and key page power-grinding was a thing.

Ah yeah, I only got on board after those bits were already scrapped.

CC takes the top spot for being overtly drawn out and the Circus comes second for worst BGM in the game even though the reception itself is just fine.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
From my experience scanning various sites, I always thought, while Crying Children was certainly a contender for Worst/Most Annoying boss in the game, the winner was either Eileen vs Yesod, Bremen vs Netzach or Pluto vs Hokma.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

From my experience scanning various sites, I always thought, while Crying Children was certainly a contender for Worst/Most Annoying boss in the game, the winner was either Eileen vs Yesod, Bremen vs Netzach or Pluto vs Hokma.
Eileen vs Yesod just requires you to know how to use Yesod properly. Same goes for Netzach. Greta's way harder than either of those fights.

Pluto is a complete joke because Lean, Bloody Wings bypasses Pluto's invulnerability, meaning you can literally block Pluto to death and he can't do poo poo about it. Blockma balls, motherfucker. Or, better yet, there's THE LEGENDARY 100 ROLL BOUNDARY OF DEATH 13TH TOLL INSTAKILL that I'm really hoping TQ will show off in that fight specifically because it's as wonderful as it is impractical :allears:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Eileen vs Yesod just requires you to know how to use Yesod properly. Same goes for Netzach. Greta's way harder than either of those fights.

Pluto is a complete joke because Lean, Bloody Wings bypasses Pluto's invulnerability, meaning you can literally block Pluto to death and he can't do poo poo about it. Blockma balls, motherfucker. Or, better yet, there's THE LEGENDARY 100 ROLL BOUNDARY OF DEATH 13TH TOLL INSTAKILL that I'm really hoping TQ will show off in that fight specifically because it's as wonderful as it is impractical :allears:

I’m not even sure how to get the roll to 100, I’ll have to watch the video again….

But it would be hilarious, even as a 1-in-4

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh right sweepers and proselyte were the requirements. :f5: people usually clear the bottom row first so they arrive at it later

anyway speaking of, whatever this is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVAisj1P7Ug

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Y'know, considering that Z-Corp isn't on the City map in the Limbus trailer and the Sweepers have what's clearly a Singularity patented by the head, could they be Z-Corp?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

GilliamYaeger posted:

Y'know, considering that Z-Corp isn't on the City map in the Limbus trailer and the Sweepers have what's clearly a Singularity patented by the head, could they be Z-Corp?

Zweepers?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I appreciate that you rigged it so you don't have to do Crying Children with four people. I've done it at Urban Nightmare 1 tech level (thanks Geb's early abnos) and it wasn't even close but also it takes for loving ever.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Singularity names can sometimes take a leap of logic. Z might be Zombie (Sweepers are made from people, kill and eat everyone they encounter (excluding those they intend to "recruit"), and carry out their feeding with almost mindless determination (people fight back, Sweepers keep sweepin'; Sweeper next to them dies, Sweepers keep sweepin'))

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I now have this image in my head of Omni or Chinely desperately begging to use Nemo's Key Page because "He can shoot a laser out of his face"

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Junpei posted:

I now have this image in my head of Omni or Chinely desperately begging to use Nemo's Key Page because "He can shoot a laser out of his face"

He is also extremely stylish and dashing

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I have absolutely no problems with the Crying Children fight the first time around, but I had to go back for more books after losing to some Liu Association fights and that got a little bit annoying.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd imagine most people just made an account but for anyone like me that's too lazy to have made an account to read Leviathan, someone uploaded it to imgur.

ch 1 https://imgur.com/a/Ds7IHXV
ch 2 https://imgur.com/a/cZCywoL
ch 3 https://imgur.com/a/coud1Qi
ch 4 https://imgur.com/a/IP7aflx
ch 5 https://imgur.com/a/4YbfPIB
ch 6 https://imgur.com/a/X0ZwOGQ

I guess that answers the Tomerry question.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Asking for 300k followers when their twitters at 27k and their Youtube's at 50k...that's a tough ask.

300k is more followers than loving Azure Lane has.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

I guess that answers the Tomerry question.

Oh, it is good to see they are okay.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So I've been working on my floor analysis posts in preparation for the upcoming Realizations (I feel like it's better to talk about each floor as a whole rather than piecemeal) and I have an art request: An incredibly buff Yesod moving at incredible hihg speed - possibly looking like a caveman to reflect how using Emma+Puppets has caused him to reject the degeneracy of things like "thought" and "tactics" and "not hitting P+space every turn" so he can return to the purity of unga - hitting Gebura over the back of the head with a club so he can steal her passives. This will be hilarious in the far-off future when I interrupt my conclusion that Gebura's floor is easily the best in the game to talk about how using The Strongest with Chained Wrath snaps the game in half.

Also a caveman Yesod for when I talk about how Emma + Puppets = unga.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh hey, that's exactly what I was gonna' do. After realization 1, I was gonna put up the abno page selection stuff just so that I could refer to abnormality page priority when referring to the abno page lineup of the full in-depth floor things. I could also slap on the links to each level of music just in case I don't hit them in the game, thoughts on the EGO, and all that.

I also considered making banners, but that's a future TQ problem and to be fair I don't really care to help that rear end in a top hat too much. :v:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Welp I've got what could be considered the first drafts of the floor reviews done, so if anyone wants to read them early here's my thoughts on all the floors the LP's currently unlocked:

Malkuth
Yesod
Hod
Netzach
Tiphereth
Keter

Typically I've done this stuff off the cuff whenever the updates are posted and don't really think them through very hard, but this is a bit bigger than a simple card/passive review so I've been getting these ready ahead of time. And of course, yadda yadda comments criticism appreciated etc. I'm gonna head off to bed now.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Wow, folks weren't kidding when they said that Mountain of Corpses could make The Black Silence a complete joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Wow, folks weren't kidding when they said that Mountain of Corpses could make The Black Silence a complete joke.
gebura stronk