Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
What do these pundits get out of tweeting 24/7 anyways? These fuckers are addicted to humiliating themselves on a constant basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

ToxicAcne posted:

What do these pundits get out of tweeting 24/7 anyways? These fuckers are addicted to humiliating themselves on a constant basis.

engagement is all that matters. even negative attention means people have to pay attention to you

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

mawarannahr posted:

George hw bush did 9/11 for cia spending money and he might do it again

it’s been memory holed but John Ashcroft sent a thank you to the taliban in summer 2001

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol golly/

"saying something completely false and dumb as hell because i must own some guy i don't like" is a consistently funny genre of post

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ugh covid is getting pretty serious in china. especially shanghai. my wife's going to guangzhou tomorrow for the green card interview, really scared she wont be let back into beijing. both guangzhou and bj have very few cases, but the policies are very vague. this poo poo sucks!

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

My man has protected replies and still got ratio'd. A take too hot even for the follow's of a DC creep.

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 03:34 on Apr 4, 2022

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Mirello posted:

ugh covid is getting pretty serious in china. especially shanghai. my wife's going to guangzhou tomorrow for the green card interview, really scared she wont be let back into beijing. both guangzhou and bj have very few cases, but the policies are very vague. this poo poo sucks!

Sounds bad.

This thread doesn't post about it much, despite the thread title. Still I hope it gets under control.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

DiscountDildos posted:

There's like 20 billboards for this loving thing across town and now this poo poo in my mailbox

gently caress off!

China before communism was so great. We could sell all the opium we wanted there!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

ToxicAcne posted:

Boris Johnson went to Oxford as well.

Khan was probably there more for Cricket than to get an education.

Its less education and more about having the social stances of a knuckle dragger.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mirello posted:

smh China flirting with Open Biden

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Zedhe Khoja posted:

My man has protected replies and still got ratio'd. A take too hot even for the follow's of a DC creep.

he's at the "you're holding it wrong" stage now:

https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/status/1510793713081008130?s=20&t=bukWabWqbd4HMUls_tOQuw

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the situation in shanghai is pretty serious. daily case counts are enormous but over 95 percent of it is coming from shanghai and jilin. the rest of the country only has 550 cases total.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

really hope they get it under control, living through covid waves sucks rear end.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Yeah but did you know there were guns being pointed at his opponents out of scene just in case they won

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

ToxicAcne posted:

they get paid to do it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

everything after the mission accomplished banner on May 1st 2003 doesn't count, because the MISSION was ACCOMPLISHED

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cant commit war crimes in a battle if the battle wasnt in a war because the war was over because it was complete. bing bong

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

a fairly uninformed crowd has been inserting the battle of the bulge into my ww2 history books, when it took place more than four years after germany completed their western offensive at the second armistice of compiègne

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

A few pages back but got to say: ARM being sold for peanuts was the end of the UK as a real country. It's a joke they're still yapping

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Breakfast All Day posted:

a fairly uninformed crowd has been inserting the battle of the bulge into my ww2 history books, when it took place more than four years after germany completed their western offensive at the second armistice of compiègne

actually what midwit "historians" call the "european western front" was just an extension of the pacific theater. Case in point, once Japan lost its european allies, collapse soon followed.

so really the soviet union didn't do anything worth mentionning in history books, when you think about it

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

R. Guyovich posted:

the situation in shanghai is pretty serious. daily case counts are enormous but over 95 percent of it is coming from shanghai and jilin. the rest of the country only has 550 cases total.

Yup. I would post more about it but tbh there's not much to say beyond "Case counts go up, still locked inside".

Shanghai hosed up real bad by trying to do hyperlocal lockdowns and spot testing rather than just trying to button up early like Shenzhen did. They then double hosed up by giving almost no notice on lockdown leaving a ton of people without minimal food (I sort of guessed it was coming and stocked up but still have cooked up all my fresh food by this point).

Deliveries are still available around town, which I have no idea if that's going to just put a long long tail on the shutdown. However groceries are still a bit lean.

Been playin a lot of Elden Ring at least.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Does Pakistan descend into a Civil war?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

c’mon Shanghai. get your poo poo together.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Does Pakistan descend into a Civil war?

nah, this happens every decade or two. remember musharraf?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fits my needs posted:

nah, this happens every decade or two. remember musharraf?

No. That was back before I was woke

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
dont wanna be a doomer, but I don't see how china can keep up covid 0 after this. shenzhen and shanghai are too major, and if omicron could crack shanghai to this extent, nobody's safe. It's doing too much damage to china's economy, and people are really pissed. I think they're prob gonna enforce a vaccine mandate for older people (prob by requiring it for pension) and then slowly open over the next year.

omicron was just too strong. most communciable disease in human history. gently caress!

at this point though, if you're not vaccinated, you can't complain man, it's been available for so long. it's effective. don't want to be too misanthropic but I don't see any other way. hope I'm wrong and china defeats this, but I doubt it.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/JiangJiang43/status/1510805876302438403?s=20&t=rj0jmXdUIIOjcKbK29r2zA

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lmfao there's one comment on that article and it's

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

Truga posted:

Previous supposed viral infections (bird flu and swine flu)

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Truga posted:

lol god drat

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DiscountDildos posted:

There's like 20 billboards for this loving thing across town and now this poo poo in my mailbox

gently caress off!
i spotted one of these taped up on the window of a business next door to a donut shop run by a chinese family but then it disappeared soon after

i don't know if it was them who removed it but someone in the neighborhood has clued into their game

so this is my shen yun poster update

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
part of the thing with religions like falun gong along with fundamentalist christian bible sects, evangelicals, etc. is that they're aggressively expansionist but that can also piss people off. the catholic church is tolerable for me because they're more about preserving their traditions and don't knock on my door, mail me stuff, act like lunatics with weird facial expressions, put up billboards everywhere

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

part of the thing with religions like falun gong along with fundamentalist christian bible sects, evangelicals, etc. is that they're aggressively expansionist but that can also piss people off. the catholic church is tolerable for me because they're more about preserving their traditions and don't knock on my door, mail me stuff, act like lunatics with weird facial expressions, put up billboards everywhere

I'm very loving tired of jehovas witnesses canvassing my apartment complex every two weeks.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mirello posted:

It's doing too much damage to china's economy

their economy is doing fine

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Mirello posted:

dont wanna be a doomer, but I don't see how china can keep up covid 0 after this. shenzhen and shanghai are too major, and if omicron could crack shanghai to this extent, nobody's safe. It's doing too much damage to china's economy, and people are really pissed. I think they're prob gonna enforce a vaccine mandate for older people (prob by requiring it for pension) and then slowly open over the next year.

omicron was just too strong. most communciable disease in human history. gently caress!

at this point though, if you're not vaccinated, you can't complain man, it's been available for so long. it's effective. don't want to be too misanthropic but I don't see any other way. hope I'm wrong and china defeats this, but I doubt it.

the vaccines all suck rear end. they’re utterly garbage and these amateur “scientists” have better hurry it the gently caress up with their no-working mrna BULLSHIT until they have a vaccine that works (sterilizing) instead of this MISSION ACCOMPLISHED farce. how do we let these eggheads get away with it?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
As bad as Shanghai has gotten, I think it's very meaningful that nonetheless China has managed to contain the outbreak to the city and doesn't have a wave running rampant over the entire country. If anything this shows that zero covid is still possible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Orange Devil posted:

As bad as Shanghai has gotten, I think it's very meaningful that nonetheless China has managed to contain the outbreak to the city and doesn't have a wave running rampant over the entire country. If anything this shows that zero covid is still possible.

yea Shanghai's rough but considering its size and all they've seemingly been able to do a rather impressive feat of keeping it contained

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
worldle is v controversial today

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mirello posted:

People keep forgetting (as its normal in liberal capitalist societies to forget booms and busts) that the new normal is cyclical and eventually new variants will cause a surge that will overwhelm western nations capabilities because of their perpetual half assed measures.

It happened with delta and omicron, chinas response allowed them to come out significantly faster out of surges and back to full economic throughput to the point that the west couldn't keep up because our logistic chains would become paralyzed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

the vaccines all suck rear end. they’re utterly garbage and these amateur “scientists” have better hurry it the gently caress up with their no-working mrna BULLSHIT until they have a vaccine that works (sterilizing) instead of this MISSION ACCOMPLISHED farce. how do we let these eggheads get away with it?

this but unironically. are they still working on new vaccines or are they finished cause the ones they have sell easily