Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
For whatever reason I always get the spam tells when I go to drop off an island soul. There's always a few hanging out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Lt. Lizard posted:

Just the other day I saw someone complaining in area chat that the bots ate even sending him whispers with gold seller spam and I joked something like I never got one and that I feel lonely because even bots ignore me. Roughly 30 seconds later I got flooded by gold seller spam whispers from at least 5 different bot accounts, so I guess some of the people running the bot farms are playing the game and have a sense of humour. :v:

kirbysuperstar posted:

For whatever reason I always get the spam tells when I go to drop off an island soul. There's always a few hanging out there.

They seem to be able to pull names from people who chat in area, or also somehow on islands. I did an emote in area once then got hit with a bunch of spam, then like an hour later without chatting i got spammed by a different bot from the same website.. Then i also had an encounter where i hadnt chatted in area all day but i stopped by the island soul turnin island and got hit there as well.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Jelly posted:

Maybe an empassioned exaggeration outside of Luterra, but this is not: I've seen more bots running around in the month I've played this game, than in the all of the years of playing every other MMO I've ever played, combined. Maybe they're just more visible, but it's really jarring.

This is crazy and 100% a you problem. I go to Luterra almost daily and have rarely seen bots lately. There were def some harvesting stuff a week or two ago but saying it’s more than every other mmo you’ve played combined makes it sound like you’ve played zero other mmos

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'll sometimes get mail from bots that just says "GOLD" wih a link to some site, but that is the extent to which i am personally inconvenienced by them

i wish there were more bot-accessable sources of engraving books, i want green and purple books as cheap as blues

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Purple ones look cheap as dirt to me, except for the ones that people actually want to use.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Bots are good for f2p players.

I have no problem with the flooding the AH with cheap honing and rep mats.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want a bot that will do infinite solo chaos dungeons for me, but for AGS to look the other way. :p

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

the panacea posted:

Bots are good for f2p players.

I have no problem with the flooding the AH with cheap honing and rep mats.

Bots drive the prices down so if you want to sell stuff it becomes impossible to make gold. Before you could sell those reputation and honing stuff but now trying to sell anything is pointless because how much the prices have crashed. I guess if you sold early and hoarded a bunch of gold, the prices crashing is good for you because you're able to buy back at a fraction of the cost.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Velveteen posted:

Bots drive the prices down so if you want to sell stuff it becomes impossible to make gold. Before you could sell those reputation and honing stuff but now trying to sell anything is pointless because how much the prices have crashed. I guess if you sold early and hoarded a bunch of gold, the prices crashing is good for you because you're able to buy back at a fraction of the cost.
but the game gives me gold and i can spend that gold on super cheap things

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Inflation helps players to some degree because endgame honing has a noticeable raw gold cost between the honing itself and fusion material.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

cams posted:

but the game gives me gold and i can spend that gold on super cheap things

In T3, even pre-1370 ilevel, one honing attempt costs around 100g and has 10% chance to succeed, so you can easily spend thousands of gold in a honing session. This was not a big deal when you could do 2 guardian runs and sell leapstones from that for 1+k gold, but it kinda is a pretty huge deal now, because the same leapstones sell for 100-200 gold.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Lt. Lizard posted:

because the same leapstones sell for 100-200 gold.

on NAWest at least even Greater Honors are down under 90g, the gold to be made from selling mats is less than 10% of what it was 2 weeks ago and it feels rough.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

New Martial Artist Advanced Class - Glaivier

And some other less important information. Hype for lancermaster, lmao that name though

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Velveteen posted:

Making money through mats alone was always non sustainable, the faster the market crashes the less of an edge p2w players have.

The average player usually makes money from gold the game generates and not from the market.

The real money is in well rolled accessories and stone and the supply of those doesn't change with bots, so that income stream stays untouched.

Cheap resources from bots also saves f2p players from living out their game time as subsistence herb farmers / miners / fishers.

I do agree though that it sucks if they interfere with quest progression.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feiton powerpass! :toot:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hype for lancermaster, lmao that name though

Makes more sense than Lancermaster considering she uses a glaive not a lance.

South Vern in April and Valtan in May should work out pretty well for most people though, glad to see that's what they ended up going with in the roadmap.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 4, 2022

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lmao, all I wanted was Arcana, guess not. :v:

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I don't care for any of the current skins for my Bard main, but I dig the Omen armor and hammer for Future Destroyer. Can I buy it now and wait to redeem it? Haven't purchased cosmetics yet and I am not sure how any of that works.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking forward to seeing what skins we will be getting this month. No mention of new mounts or pets though. That is just as important to me.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Jelly posted:

Maybe an empassioned exaggeration outside of Luterra, but this is not: I've seen more bots running around in the month I've played this game, than in the all of the years of playing every other MMO I've ever played, combined. Maybe they're just more visible, but it's really jarring.

Though I have to say Amazon's other game, New World, also had a shitload of bots.

Finally doing 8-man Abyssal's and some of those mechanics are pretty rough. Are people mostly running those with their guilds or do they manage to get through them in public groups? I just had a party fail like 7 times before we gave up. Curious if that's the exception or the norm. It was still pretty fun to learn for the first attempt, but probably would not be as fun to fail the second.

If any are curious it was the fight where you have the 1,2,3,4 then 1,2,3,3,4 rotations.

Did this for the first time just yesterday with a group of complete strangers and got it on the third attempt

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

New Martial Artist Advanced Class - Glaivier

And some other less important information. Hype for lancermaster, lmao that name though

Glavier was one of the cooler looking classes and something I was looking forward to trying so that was nice. But I was also looking forward to try an Arcana too so that sucks they replaced her with Glavier instead. Maybe she'll come back sooner. There is also a lack of dps mage classes compared to the 5 martial artists. I wish they released like two classes at once but oh well. I'm also looking forward to the Artist but that will probably be the last class and many more months away.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I'm surprised summoner isn't in there. In terms of costume rigging, she should already have all that as she was a launch class in KR. But also was in beta here instead of sorc.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JuffoWup posted:

I'm surprised summoner isn't in there. In terms of costume rigging, she should already have all that as she was a launch class in KR. But also was in beta here instead of sorc.

From what I've heard, they are redoing Summoner and those changes still aren't live on the KR server yet but they should be getting them this month.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

stoked for spear lady. was hoping the nerds would bully them into releasing more classes but oh well. hopefully they expand the character slots though — there are already more classes than slots and some of us have a problem.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hefty posted:

stoked for spear lady. was hoping the nerds would bully them into releasing more classes but oh well. hopefully they expand the character slots though — there are already more classes than slots and some of us have a problem.

I think you can buy 18 more char slots for a total of 24.

e: vvv wow that's silly

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 5, 2022

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You can buy 18 slots, you cannot actually have more than 12 right now. Yes that means you can buy 12 slots that you cannot use at all and it's incredibly weird and dumb and they won't refund you.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

quote:

Roxx

7h
There should be a character slot increase coming soon – don’t have exact timing, but it’s on the list

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/why-is-the-roadmaps-character-release-schedule-seeming-like-it-will-be-1-per-month/310154/26

assuming this is what they mean, it’s coming soon™️

no idea why they limited it to begin with but whatever

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Hefty posted:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/why-is-the-roadmaps-character-release-schedule-seeming-like-it-will-be-1-per-month/310154/26

assuming this is what they mean, it’s coming soon™️

no idea why they limited it to begin with but whatever

Probably because people were losing their minds about name reservation

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Dynamite Dog posted:

Probably because people were losing their minds about name reservation

It's very important that I reserve all my roster names of CUMTHIEF##

the panacea
May 10, 2008

lol they saw the player retention numbers and went: "change of plans! Bring out the big glaives!"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Well which is it?!

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The times displayed on Procyon's Compass are accurate, the extra 6-8 hours is a display bug

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

The times displayed on Procyon's Compass are accurate, the extra 6-8 hours is a display bug

I couldn't even find them in the compass, but I'll have to take another look..and subtract an hour because the game can't figure DST out.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I have never seen the compass work right. The calendar in the top left, on the other hand, is reliable. Except for when it broke for the Naruni event. And then they broke it even worse when trying to fix it. They seem to have fixed it for real now though.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, for me the compass is purely just "what is up for daily/weekly reset I can get rewards for doing still" fodder.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1511396589906001925

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Jabor posted:

I have never seen the compass work right. The calendar in the top left, on the other hand, is reliable. Except for when it broke for the Naruni event. And then they broke it even worse when trying to fix it. They seem to have fixed it for real now though.
I found the compass completely useless until I tried to make an alarm by clicking the little gear in the upper right of the expanded window.

That window shows you every event, sorted by type, whether it's active or not, the times/days they occur, etc.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Throw some questions out there to see if anyone has any answers, well mostly one big question I guess. What do you do with all your old tier stuff once you access the new tier?

Like:

Gems (this is the one taking up the most space)
All the stones
All the +upgrade% materials
All the powders (I never even use these)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Jelly posted:

Throw some questions out there to see if anyone has any answers, well mostly one big question I guess. What do you do with all your old tier stuff once you access the new tier?

Like:

Gems (this is the one taking up the most space)
All the stones
All the +upgrade% materials
All the powders (I never even use these)

Pass the gems to the next character moving through the tier. Have them upgrade the gems and hopefully they get a decent gem out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
For T1 stuff, you can send it to your next T1 character. They can mulch it for extra mats and shards if they don't have any use for it.

For T2 stuff you can't do that (it costs pheons). So just mulch it on your existing character, accept that the shards are going to waste, and send the unbound mats over. You can take a spot check for anything that'll sell decently on the AH first but honestly it's too much effort, if you didn't think "yeah that'll sell" and put it up when you first got it then it's probably not worth much.

For the dust you can roll stones in the hopes of getting like, a Grudge/Cursed Doll stone that you can sell for a decent chunk of change. Or you can just let the dust keep occupying an inventory slot with the idea of maybe doing that in the future eventually even though you know you'll never actually get around to it.