Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Made of Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

I did not get the lucyderada joke, but would probably giggle at an explanation

There is a poem called Desiderata. It can be found online in many places. It's very nice and full of nice ideas.

Desi brings to my mind Desi Arnaz, the once husband of Lucille Ball. They were actors and producers in movies and TV (there's a recent documentary of their lives together).

So . . . DESIderata / LUCYderata. It's . . . funny?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard

Ah, gotcha.

Meanwhile, I'm compiling a list of things I've desired in life, that in hindsight I really shouldn't have. Desiderrata.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Developing a think skin. A skin that can think.

Prurient Squid

Developing a song dong. A dong that can sing.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
The dong song.

Prurient Squid

Harkonnen Matata. What a wonderful phrase.

Prurient Squid

A kid in the 90s gets a dungeon crawler type game as a present. He notices then when the character drinks water out of a fountain in the town square an audio clip of a man gulping and expresssing satisfaction plays. He takes gulp after gulp... every time the clip sounds more and more satisfied by the water. The more the thirst is slaked the more satisfied the clip becomes until it begins to sound wrong and unwholesome.

Karate Bastard

Oh no, he's drinking from da joose well, everyone stand back let's see what he does

Prurient Squid

Alls well that drinks from a well I say. The old man said to his wife.

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Batman:: "I fly like paper... get high like planes... if you catch me at the border... I've got visas in my name"
Batman: Riddler, you fiend! What could it mean?

biosterous

my favourite mtg format is elder dragon eyeliner

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prurient Squid

Gimli goes to college.

e: This has developed in my imagination to be that Dwarfes set up a dwarf only fraternity that's actually a ploy to set up a secret mine. They may or may not delve to deeply and too greedily.

e2: There may or may not be a sequel called Balrog on Campus.

e3: I do like the idea of a timeless horror being unleashed on a college campus and then it just joins the football team or something. "We've got a real demon as our star player... literally"

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Apr 4, 2022

Bright Bart

Prurient Squid posted:

Gimli goes to college.

e: This has developed in my imagination to be that Dwarfes set up a dwarf only fraternity that's actually a ploy to set up a secret mine. They may or may not delve to deeply and too greedily.

e2: There may or may not be a sequel called Balrog on Campus.

If there are elves then they're grade a jerks. Otherwise just humans who don't treat the dwarves any different.

Finger Prince

Prurient Squid

Maybe there's a Dean that things the Dwarf Fraternity is up to no good... but doesn't have any hard evidence.

e: And he looks and sounds like Walter Peck.

And he just goes into the building and then ten seconds later his head is on a pole outside and the faculty just shrug their shoulders.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 4, 2022

google THIS

(New student orientation)

Speaker: ...And like most of the food service options on campus, the Gloin Hall cafeteria serves breakfast from 7 to 10, then reopens for lunch at noon. Any questions?

(All the hobbits raise their hands)

biosterous

i'm tired of hearing about will smith and i'm tired of hearing people make excuses for him. either he grabs a hammer and tongs and gets to the forge, or he changes his name to won't smith :colbert:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

biosterous posted:

i'm tired of hearing about will smith and i'm tired of hearing people make excuses for him. either he grabs a hammer and tongs and gets to the forge, or he changes his name to won't smith :colbert:

:golfclap:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

i'm sorry i know this will offend some folks but polyamory is just wrong

it's either multiamory or polyphilia, you can't mix greek and latin roots!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

more falafel please posted:

google THIS posted:

(New student orientation)

Speaker: ...And like most of the food service options on campus, the Gloin Hall cafeteria serves breakfast from 7 to 10, then reopens for lunch at noon. Any questions?

(All the hobbits raise their hands)

biosterous posted:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Prurient Squid

Basically the people in charge of the university find it easier to just skirt around the fact that the Dwarfs on the student body are actually armed conquerers and all the de jure disciplinary powers they might hold over them will vanish like a drop of sweat on smithies forge the moment they even think of implementing them. Most of their time is spent trying to get the hot headed overzealous pencil geeks who want to enforce the rule book to wind their necks in.

e: Actucally Dwarves aren't this malicious. I kind of want to change it to an Orc fraternity.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 4, 2022

Karate Bastard

Hobbit murmurations.

frump truck

hello... again!

Tennessee Williams sees a penny and changes his name to Pennysee Williams

RavenousScoot

the dwarf graffiti artists always get caught painstakingly engraving masterworks into the walls

Karate Bastard

Everything up to groin hight is covered in exquisite murals, everything above is covered in lewd squibbles in quenya

google THIS

"This is an exquisitely designed image of a dwarf and a midterm. The midterm is striking down the dwarf."

ToxicFrog

more falafel please posted:

I will mix roots from as many languages as I want. :colbert:

Prurient Squid

A Stink Tank. A bunch of people who draft white papers but don't shower.

Karate Bastard

Warlocks reciting the deciphered incantations in the dead script from the dusty pages of an exhumed tome from the lost city of old R'lyeh, or at least their best guesses of what syllables the dang scribbles were meant to represent, by witchfire and torchlight;

Fail im-mediately!

Geta ban-annah!

Crankahog! Uh? Yeah. Pretty sure it's that. And then

*Hex gestures*

Moo ...oon? Moon?

google THIS

My milkshake IPA brings all the dads to the yard
And they're like "I taste mosaic hops"
drat right, they're mosaic hops
Growler refills are a dollar off

Karate Bastard

Old R'lyeh is actually pronounced O rly.

Finger Prince

Nowadays everybody wanna cook like they know something 'bout steak
But no one comes out when they grill their tips
Might as well be giblets
And motherfuckers act like they forgot about Béarnaise

Karate Bastard

poop poop

poop

1, 2, 3

Three!

[Duel of the fates playing]

--Learning with Count Dookie

Prurient Squid

One time Big Bird on Sesame Street said "I think my gibblets are frozen" and I just thought "Does that mean what I think it means?"

Prurient Squid

A little girl with a beard who gives good advice.

Finger Prince

Prurient Squid posted:

A little girl with a beard who gives good advice.

A little beard with a girl who gives bad advice.

gleebster

Only a howler
You can only ask the beard one question

Bright Bart

Jolly, happy show but the insinuation is that the character of the week is never seen again. Like each episode someone new gets stranded on an island and the lone hermit shows the person the beautiful nature and how to overcome their personal struggles to live in the moment.

But it's a new person each week, there is no established means of rescue, and there are more patches of disturbed ground from the aerial shot if you pay attention.

Prurient Squid

A man spends a lifetime building a persona
then meets another person who is the very embodiment of that persona
the encounter is crushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

A teenage atheist has schizophrenia and enters into a dialogue with an imaginary angel.

The angel ends up calling him an edgelord.