Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/EerjkMcRaeOF/status/1510852290466705410

?????????????????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

check out the replies to this if you wanna see the dumbest fucks in the world patting themselves on the back

https://twitter.com/Kicksbuttson/status/1510474951396139009

lol deranged. It's like the noble conservative, living in harmony with nature. Just ignore the rampant poaching, burning and illegal dumping. My god the illegal dumping

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
these people "living on the land" use shitloads of fossil fuel provided by imperialism to do literally anything. It's pretty deranged.

"oh no there are leaves on my property, better fire up a couple of internal combustion engines!"

Then they drive alone 90 minutes to get groceries before hopping on facebook to make some demon cracker posts. They are so full of poo poo it's exhausting

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 14:54 on Apr 4, 2022

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I just read Blood and Thunder and am 1/3 of the way through Cadillac Desert thanks to this thread. lol lmao at any dipshit that thinks going remote is in any way a net positive for the planet.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

WaryWarren posted:

I just read Blood and Thunder and am 1/3 of the way through Cadillac Desert thanks to this thread.

there's no conceivable way there ever would have been peace between the Navajo and the US, but the part in Blood and Thunder that really stayed with me is when one guy hosed up a potential peace agreement because his horse was stolen and he demanded it be returned and the Navajo were like "we have no idea what you're talking about so we're just gonna leave" and instead of just letting it lay for the sake of a better future they decided to shoot the Chief that attempted to broker the peace in the back.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Horsebrain: the original carbrain

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

these people "living on the land" use shitloads of fossil fuel provided by imperialism to do literally anything. It's pretty deranged.

it really should be common sense... like... the road that leads to a house in the middle of nowhere requires 200 tons of asphalt and is used by 15 people. the road outside my apartment requires 60 tons of asphalt and is used by 300 people

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

there's no conceivable way there ever would have been peace between the Navajo and the US, but the part in Blood and Thunder that really stayed with me is when one guy hosed up a potential peace agreement because his horse was stolen and he demanded it be returned and the Navajo were like "we have no idea what you're talking about so we're just gonna leave" and instead of just letting it lay for the sake of a better future they decided to shoot the Chief that attempted to broker the peace in the back.

Poor Narbona. :(

Then they force the tribe to move across New Mexico to that bleak outpost, Bosque Redondo. Then the US govt dipshits finally realize that no humans should live there (only because the troops stationed there absolutely hated it) and let the remaining members of the tribe wander back to their ancestral lands (within the boundaries of the new reservation).

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Polo-Rican posted:

it really should be common sense... like... the road that leads to a house in the middle of nowhere requires 200 tons of asphalt and is used by 15 people. the road outside my apartment requires 60 tons of asphalt and is used by 300 people

it's the same mindset that thinks electoral college maps are big owns because there's so much red

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

WaryWarren posted:

I've been to that station a hundred times if I've been there once. Wasted many hours there waiting for a train. It feels like a nice mall compared to Chicago's two train stations. I remember that Austria was in the process of completely renovating/modernizing all of the country's main train stations. Salzburg's station is incredible, and it's only a city the size of a large suburb in southern California or Texas.

I miss the old Vienne train station, with its indoor pigeon nests

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i still hate cars

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mystes posted:

I found it on google street view and there might be a garage entrance there but also what's going on here? It doesn't seem great that this thing is randomly blocking the bike lane.

put caltrops under the cones

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

vyelkin posted:

i still hate cars

I like cars.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Death to cars

Death to me

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

3000km up on the ebike :c00lbert:

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

a rural conservative, upon noting there is no asphalt road leading to a pristine forest or remote mountain range will immediately set his mind to finding the most fuel-intensive method of depositing beer cans and cigarette butts in that location and polka-dotting the area with dozens upon dozens of fire pits (four-wheelers, snowmobiles, an apartment-sized RV with a loud as gently caress generator, and a humongous trailer for transporting the four-wheelers and snowmobiles)

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sphyre posted:

3000km up on the ebike :c00lbert:

less than half of that actually counts

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'd wager a lot of "rural conservatives" actually live in suburbs

mystes
May 31, 2006

This is a good but extremely frustrating video about trying to make a stroad in philadelphia suck less
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJlB4eVv2F8

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ArmZ posted:

Oof

If is not by car it's fine by me

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

ArmZ posted:

they all count to me buddy :c00lbert:

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

God Hole posted:

a rural conservative, upon noting there is no asphalt road leading to a pristine forest or remote mountain range will immediately set his mind to finding the most fuel-intensive method of depositing beer cans and cigarette butts in that location and polka-dotting the area with dozens upon dozens of fire pits (four-wheelers, snowmobiles, an apartment-sized RV with a loud as gently caress generator, and a humongous trailer for transporting the four-wheelers and snowmobiles)

I see so many bloated trucks with snorkels, winches, and huge traction boards driving around suburban streets. The snorkels are my favorite because I always imagine the machine trying to drive through 1.5 feet of moving flood water and becoming debris.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/AmericanFietser/status/1511018991388663813

Holy poo poo

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's the future, I hope you like your new flying car.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wolfy posted:

I'd wager a lot of "rural conservatives" actually live in suburbs

Nearly all of them. They don't know the difference between density and aesthetics.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mystes posted:

This is a good but extremely frustrating video about trying to make a stroad in philadelphia suck less

check out 7:21 lol

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lmao yeah I've ridden along both of those roads dozens+ of times, they can get super busy and get a lot of bicycle traffic too because there simply aren't any alternative quiet back roads to cycle on around here. That's the biggest issue with Auckland, when the road network was first developed the blocks of land were huge so the streets were few and far between. Now that land is so expensive all of those big blocks of land have been subdivided into between 2 and 4+ houses so the road network has probably 1/2 to 1/4 of the number of streets that a 'normal' suburb would have, meaning that it's impossible to get anywhere without hitting a busy road. Also the train network may as well not exist and there's no metro or light rail or anything.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

"oh no there are leaves on my property, better fire up a couple of internal combustion engines!"

Then they drive alone 90 minutes to get groceries before hopping on facebook to make some demon cracker posts. They are so full of poo poo it's exhausting

It’s all facilitated and enabled so it’s unceasing

No accountability, no immediate consequences. Sure is a pattern

mystes
May 31, 2006

Blackhawk posted:

Lmao yeah I've ridden along both of those roads dozens+ of times, they can get super busy and get a lot of bicycle traffic too because there simply aren't any alternative quiet back roads to cycle on around here. That's the biggest issue with Auckland, when the road network was first developed the blocks of land were huge so the streets were few and far between. Now that land is so expensive all of those big blocks of land have been subdivided into between 2 and 4+ houses so the road network has probably 1/2 to 1/4 of the number of streets that a 'normal' suburb would have, meaning that it's impossible to get anywhere without hitting a busy road. Also the train network may as well not exist and there's no metro or light rail or anything.
So basically it's kind of like most places in the us

mystes has issued a correction as of 15:51 on Apr 5, 2022

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Lastgirl posted:

It’s all facilitated and enabled so it’s unceasing

No accountability, no immediate consequences. Sure is a pattern

They actively reject all accountability. If I mention absolutely anything about the wastefulness or even just indicate in any way that I personally don't want to go on a snowmobile ride through the woods they become apoplectic.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

They actively reject all accountability. If I mention absolutely anything about the wastefulness or even just indicate in any way that I personally don't want to go on a snowmobile ride through the woods they become apoplectic.

People are very resentful towards anyone doing anything to consume less, no matter how non-judgemental or 'pushy' they are about it, because they are living reminders that all of this poo poo we partake in daily is by choice.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Drove past a completely burned out Jeep Wrangler this morning that was still smoking. Feels good man.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zerg Mans posted:

Drove past a completely burned out Jeep Wrangler this morning that was still smoking. Feels good man.

This mf said he felt good while driving

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

ikanreed posted:

This mf said he felt good while driving

get his rear end

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.

what's up?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mystes posted:

not my problem

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Lol Washington Ave is not a stroad wtf

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i bought an e-bike on saturday and i've been riding it to work the past three days. it's p. nice; the big hill i have to go up on my way home feels like nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Akshually, a 3 ton SUV being faster than a sports car from the 60s is a safety feature.