Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

limp_cheese posted:

There's no reason we can't apply the same logic to this thread.

Any post that references "acid vat" is written by the same person over multiple accounts.

Same with "Is it Tuesday already?"

Since Teen Witch is the IK I'm going to assume every post in here was secretly written by her.

Including this one.

I'm teen witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Hardly the bust to fill it, but I’m flattered none the less

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Cowslips Warren posted:

What now? Saving in the cloud/Google docs should be a separate file than the one saved on your pc or usb drive.

If you’re using OneDrive then your file is on the cloud, but hitting “delete” in one place will delete your cloud copy and the copy that’s on your hard drive, since the reality is that the copy on your hard drive is only there to reduce how much you have to download. People think it’s backed up on OneDrive but you really need to do more.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITA for Asking My Wife if I Can Go On a Trip With My Ex?

quote:

I'm in an absolutely fantastic committed relationship with my wife of 9 years. I'm also a big fan of F1, wife is not but is very supportive.

I also have an ex that checks in every couple years or so and we chat about a bit about how each other is doing etc, and then go on our merry ways. My wife has a couple exs and random hookups that do this on Facebook too, so there's no mystery/secrecy or ill intent there.

Now a couple weeks ago my Ex, who does happen to be into F1, reaches out and says she has a second ticket for the first race at the new Miami track, and asks if I can go. Premiere of a new track, tickets are completely sold out. I say that sounds amazing, I will ask the wife. She says also ask if we can participate in 'extracurricular activities'. Right.

So I ask the wife.

Wife is... not pleased when I ask. Originally she says yes but after some additional consideration is very unsure, and understandably very jealous. We don't talk about it for a bit, but then I ask again once she's had some time to ponder. She gets more upset and says I might as well go since she's already pissed at me for asking and the damage is done, and I may as well sleep with my ex while I'm there since she's going to think I am anyway.

I truly love my wife, and have no romantic feelings for my Ex. Wife has also been in an open marriage in a previous marriage, at her request, so I'm kind of surprised by her response.

That said, she does think that I just want to go to bang this other girl, on a tropical vacation, when we haven't even been on one ourselves yet.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

quote:

Um. Do you mind elaborating more on, “extracurricular activities?”

OP posted:

She wants to bang.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

will the real teen witch please stand up

please stand up

please stand up

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Captain Hygiene posted:

People are so goddamned stupid

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Evil Willow posted:

All I can say is LOL!

AITA for insisting my (m45) daughters (f20) friend (m19) admit his designer outfits are fake?

I'm a 45 year old sneaker head. Just lol.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Captain Hygiene posted:

She says also ask if we can participate in 'extracurricular activities'. Right.
OP doesn't even bother to go through the motions of saying, "but I would definitely not sleep with my ex."
Just weasels in later "have no romantic feelings for my Ex."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm a 45 year old sneaker head. Just lol.

There were a few pages recently in the Schadenfreude thread with videos of sneaker heads finding out that plenty of the materials used for even the most expensive kicks will deteriorate over time.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

The fact that the F1 ex specifically asked if they could hook up makes me wonder if OP's been hinting around to this woman that his wife might be okay with an open marriage. Because the whole thing about hard-to-get tickets to an event his wife isn't interested in sounds like a setup for a sex vacation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

deety posted:

The fact that the F1 ex specifically asked if they could hook up makes me wonder if OP's been hinting around to this woman that his wife might be okay with an open marriage. Because the whole thing about hard-to-get tickets to an event his wife isn't interested in sounds like a setup for a sex vacation.

That's the other thing, his other comment mentioned that they'd never brought it up for discussion in their relationship. But it's definitely been rolling around in his head.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
OP knows his wife used to be in an open marriage but has no idea why that marriage ended. i bet he's about to find out

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's the other thing, his other comment mentioned that they'd never brought it up for discussion in their relationship. But it's definitely been rolling around in his head.

It’s funny that he realizes it was her EX husband she had the open marriage with but he hasn’t put 2 and 2 together on why she may not want to try that again.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Maybe that story is the rare glimpse into the next relationship after someone wants to open a relationship and the other partner gets all the action while they get barely anything.

I'm basing this on him saying his wife was in an open relationship in the past at her request that failed.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There were a few pages recently in the Schadenfreude thread with videos of sneaker heads finding out that plenty of the materials used for even the most expensive kicks will deteriorate over time.

can i get a link to the start of that, i can't seem to find it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Goon Boots posted:

can i get a link to the start of that, i can't seem to find it

Pretty sure ths is the Reddit thread that started it off: https://old.reddit.com/r/HobbyDrama/comments/r8w5ax/sneaker_collecting_crumblegate_or_the_rarest/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

quote:

Aside from art pieces made in the medium of footwear, sneakers are designed to be worn. Specifically, they are not designed to not be worn.

lol a billion dollar collector industry of perishable goods

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I’ve never met a sneakerhead and then thought “oh that guy has it together”

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

pentyne posted:

lol a billion dollar collector industry of perishable goods

Wait till they learn about Tulips

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

There was an episode of Marie Kondo’s show with a sneaker head husband with a 150+ shoe collection. He had some that were falling apart in the boxes that had never been worn.

The materials just aren’t made to last that long.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

All I can say is LOL!

AITA for insisting my (m45) daughters (f20) friend (m19) admit his designer outfits are fake?

I learn something new every day! There's a lot of people in the comments talking about how it's perfectly possible that they're real and as Asian kids, they got designer poo poo all the time.

Super funny if he's berating a kid for fake stuff that isn't fake.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Crocobile posted:

There was an episode of Marie Kondo’s show with a sneaker head husband with a 150+ shoe collection. He had some that were falling apart in the boxes that had never been worn.

The materials just aren’t made to last that long.

They need to start bronzing these sneakers like they're baby shoes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Cast in lucite

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA I didn't help my ex wife

quote:

My ex wife and I had very different views about spending money. After the birth of our daughter 3 years back, she started spending a lot of unnecessary money. I tried having discussions with her about budgeting but she refused saying that all of it was necessary for her.

Some of the expenses were definitely necessary such as a mother's helper, maid, cook etc. and I had no problem with those kinds of expenses that would help her recover from childbirth.

But there were others that were purely unnecessary and lavish such as shopping, etc.

It all reached a breaking point when she paid for her brother's college tuition from our joint account without even asking me if I was ok with it.

I divorced her and we got equal custody of our daughter along with me having to pay child support because our daughter was still very small. I had to also give her half of my business. I didn't want to run a business with her so I sold my business and gave her half the money. I started a new business on my own and it's doing pretty well now.

Today, when I went to my mom's birthday party, my ex wife was also present. My ex wife was a family friend so she is still close to my parents despite our divorce. After dinner, I and my brothers were watching a movie. At that time, my mom came to me and told me she wants to speak to me in private.

We stepped out of the house and my ex wife was waiting for us there. My ex said that she lost all the money that she received from me upon divorce because her investments failed. She said that if I'd been more mature by running the business with her instead of selling it off and protecting just myself, she wouldn't have been in this position now. She said that she's been evicted from her apartment and doesn't have the money even for a hotel room and told me that since I caused this, I should let her stay with me in my house. I refused and told her that she can leave our daughter with me for the timebeing and go stay with one of her friends or something. She started crying and my mom said I should be more kind to my ex considering she's a close family friend.

AITA?

Edit: She got close to about 300 grand in the final divorce settlement including everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

artsy fartsy posted:

OP should definitely help his ex wife into the acid vat

artsy fartsy posted:

They need to start bronzing these sneakers like they're baby shoes

For sale: crispy Js, never worn.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

artsy fartsy posted:

"This bonfire I've been keeping going with your money is getting kind of low, so I need you to give me more money to keep it burning. No I can't go find my own money to fuel it because the fire needs more fuel than I can provide it."

Also lol at his mom trying to get them back together.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

:lol: what do you want to bet she's a terrible boss and also pissed her money away on meme stocks and crypto?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Kenshin posted:

:lol: what do you want to bet she's a terrible boss and also pissed her money away on meme stocks and crypto?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
When I took an art class in middle school, one the contemporary pieces they taught us about was a sneaker, Air Jordan I think, that had been dipped in gold. This stunt has been repeated like a dozen times and every time the media breathlessly reports on this novel statement about...consumerism or something.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

To be fair if you live the kind of lifestyle where a "mother's helper" (nanny?), "maid", and "cook" are considered "necessary", I can absolutely see $300k lasting a matter of months.

I can also see the kind of person who lives that lifestyle not even considering the idea that now that they are divorced and have no real income, that maybe they need to re-evaluate how they live.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Love her blaming him for divesting himself of the company rather than staying there forever and giving her half the company's profits in perpetuity in addition to child support.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, there are so many ways for idiots to piss away money that I wouldn't bet on crypto or any other particular thing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

IOwnCalculus posted:

a "mother's helper" (nanny?)
person-sized bottle of illegal drugs

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Mother's helper is a Valium addiction. Very classic child rearing.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

artsy fartsy posted:

lol, what did she spend the money on, 1000 pairs of limited edition Air Jordans?

AITA for not telling my friend she "didn't do anything wrong" after she destroyed someone's belongings?

quote:

My friend Shannon (F25) lives in a shared house.

Yesterday when we were chlling at her place, her roommate Bess(F, around the same age) suddenly knocked the door. Bess was furious and yelled at Shannon because she found her reusable lunchbox in the trash. Bess claimed that Shannon took the box without permission and destroyed it. It was completely scratched, partially melted and had paint stains in it. Bess said that she had been searching for it for some days, and had asked shannon, but Shannon had claimed to not seen it. Shannon had used it to transport nail polish in there when a bottle burst. She then tried to clean it, but neither nail polish remover nor alcohol did work, so she tried to scrape it off. Her last resort was to bake the box in the oven and try to soften the colour to scrape it off. When nothing worked, she hid it in the trash. Bess demanded an apology and a new box.

Shannon started to cry and say she didn't do anything wrong. Our other friends who were around started comforting Shannon and telling her she was NTA and she "didn't do anything wrong", because "accidents happen" and she didn't know she didn't have permission to take the box. They told her that she doesn't have to apologize because she didn't do it on purpose.

I said I agree that Bess shouldn't have yelled at Shannon. And that I'm sure there will be a solution and that I will help Shannon buy a new box for Bess. BUT that I still think it was a bad idea of Shannon to use a lunchbox that's not her own to transport nail polish. And it was very much wrong to hide it from Bess, she should have immediately told Bess what happened. And lying about not knowing anything is makes it even worse.

Shannon strated crying harder and the others called me TA for not "supporting" her. I think she is TA, because it wasn't an accident like something falling off a cupboard.

Not only did she not do anything wrong, she literally did everything wrong

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for not telling my friend she "didn't do anything wrong" after she destroyed someone's belongings?

Not only did she not do anything wrong, she literally did everything wrong

Get new friends, OP

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DemoneeHo posted:

lol, what did she spend the money on, 10 pairs of limited edition Air Jordans?

you should check what limited editions Jordans are actually selling for

speaking off, there's a hearty lol about a Nike exec getting fired because she let her son buy 100s of shoes using her discount, and made sure he was able to get them 'off the pallet' or whatever it is where you buy before the average consumer can, and he was reselling them for an insane markup on social media making like 6 figures or something.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
[40 F] with her husband [43 M] 15 year marriage, what might lead to her personality changing and her throwing her life away?

quote:

Hi, alt-account, and questions not about myself, but about my wifes sister.

So, where do I start.

Last weekend my inlaws get a call from their oldest daughter, saying that she wants to break up with her husband of 15 years. They have two daughters. Both a few years away from teen age.

After a lot of questions and being totally baffled, my inlaws agreed with them (oldest daughter and husband) to come visit on the weekend and talk.

She laid out that she has been having an affair with an ex work colleague, who is 10 years younger and still lives with his mother. He doesnt have a real job and keeps afloat as a soccer match commenter.

So far, so weird, and in my opinion totally ludicrous.

To add to the ridiculousness, oldest daughter and husband have planned to build a house in oldest daughters hometown, where her parents (my inlaws) live. Contracts signed and everything. The move is planned for around this time next year.

What really shocks everyone, is that oldest daughter has apparently been spending the weekends at her new boyfriends house, leaving her husband to care for the daughters and the household, all while he also still works. She sometimes doesnt even come home on sundays but goes straight to work and then back to her boyfriend.

To add, she has apparently been sort of brainwashing her oldest daughter into believing that "everything will work out", since when asked, the oldest daughter answered "that dad is happy when mom is happy and that somehow everything will work out".

She is basically shredding her entire life to bits, and does not seem to care how anyone, especially her husband and daughters feel about it.

This is the part where we as the family just can not wrap our heads around. Her entire life, so I was told, she was quite, reserved, caring, loving, and very family oriented. My wife to me that she can literally not believe that this is happening and that she has the feeling her sister has been replaced by an evil twin.

Oldest sisters literal words were: "Well everyhing in life has worked out for me so far, so this will also somehow work out."

She even goes as far as expecting her husband to still pay for the car she uses to drive to her boyfriend, and all the other things she still needs and uses and seems to be totally oblivious to the fact that this is more that hurting the feelings of her entire family.

I know this sounds stupid, but I just cant wrap my head around how someone can completely turn their personality around by 180 degrees.

I have gone as far as suspecting some kind of psychotic break, or mental health issue (she has apparently always been a bit "predisposed" in that regard).

I even suspected a brain tumor at one point, as I guess most people have heard tales of peoples personality changing because of braininjury.

My best guess is, that she has unfortunately run into the hands of a full blown narcissist, as I and my wife have our fair share of experience with malignant narcisisst from our previous relationships. It sounds to me that she (oldest daughter) is just rehearsing what her boyfriend has been brainwashing her with.

Her dad, my father in law is absolutely fuming, he has told her that if she goes through with this, "he will only have two daughters in future". He told her not to expect any support in what way ever, even if she comes crawling in 6 months when the butterflys are gone and she comes crashing back into reality.

It sounds like a script from a movie, but is unfortunately very real.

Has anybody got additional ideas how a loving, caring, relatively quiet mother of two and wife of 15 years, with plans to build another house and move to her hometown just throws away the last 15 years of her life, for a 10 year younger unemployed guy still living with his mother?

I just can not wrap my head around the whole situation. Had to write it down. Sorry for the wall of text.

tl;dr: Wifes sister is completely tearing her life apart, and we the family are lost for words or reasons to think of.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

[40 F] with her husband [43 M] 15 year marriage, what might lead to her personality changing and her throwing her life away?

Ensorcelled by the Good Dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"I've never encountered any difficulties in my life prior to this, I expect that to continue indefinitely."

Batterypowered7 posted:

Ensorcelled by the Good Dick?
Dude still lives with his parents, she's having an open affair with someone at his parents place.

AITA for asking my sister to be a groomswoman?

quote:

sorry if the formatting sucks, i am on mobile while typing this.

so, my (25m) fiancée(24f) has never gotten along with my sister (18f). my fiancée has never liked how close i am with my sister, and it has been a cause of few arguments.

i proposed to fiancée (“sarah”) a few months ago, and things have been going smoothly. in fact, i would say our relationship has never been better.

a few days ago, sarah listed off to me all of the people she wanted as bridesmaids, and not surprisingly, my sister was not one of them. she said she was planning on asking them in a few more months to be in our wedding.

sarah then asked me if i knew who i wanted as groomsmen. i listed off a couple friends that sarah knew, “keegan, joe, sammy, etc.” and then, i said i wanted my sister to be one of my groomsmen.

this made sarah upset. she said that it wasn’t traditional for a woman to be a groomsman, and that it would embarrass her. i explained to her that my sister was one of the most important people in my life, and she was going to be apart of our wedding.

this made sarah even more upset, and she accused me of trying to ruin her wedding day, and she locked herself in the bathroom.

it’s been a few days since this, and we haven’t spoken at all. many of her family members have reached out to me and asked me to not include my sister in the wedding at all, and that sarah should be the most important woman in my life, not my sister. my mil even called me, telling me that i was making sarah depressed, and that i was a horrible person for doing this to my future wife.

my sister heard about all of this, and told me that it was okay to not invite her.

i stood my ground and told all of them that my sister would be included, no matter what.

aita for doing so?

edit: sarahs dislike stems from her walking in on my sister and i cuddling. sister had her head on my shoulder, and my arm was wrapped around her, which made sarah upset.

2nd edit: my sister is aromantic, and told me when she first came out that she would most likely never get married, and that made her sad. i told her she could be apart of my wedding, even if it wasn’t the same thing. i will never forget the look of joy on my sisters face. this is why i wont back down, for those wondering.
Per comments, he's calling off the engagement.