  • Post
Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Strep Vote posted:

There is no immunity. Immunity to covid is an illusion.

Okay but at least we still have superimmunity, right?

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Okay but at least we still have superimmunity, right?

we are immune to immunity. immunity’s vile hold on our homeostasis will never get in our way again on the march to progress and death

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
A Seattle friend told me his whole family visited a couple weeks ago. This week, they all say they've got Covid. Weird. Is it contagious or something?

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Louisgod posted:

From: COVID-19
To: DL-Population-All
Subject: Supporting legacy hardware

———————

Team, in an effort to not alienate our userbase, we’ve dedicated numerous resources to improve on now legacy hardware. We’ve heard your feedback and are happy to announce we’ve upgraded the original BA.1 to BA1.1. To make this transition seamless, we are are offering free upgrades to anybody that wants it. Stay tuned for more details as this exciting new upgrade makes its way to your places of business soon.

This is funny, but the PNW was majority BA.1.1 for our Jan. Omicron peak. Like, check out the GISAID graph I posted yesterday for Washington. Omicron is blue; dark blue is BA.1, middle blue is BA.1.1, light blue is BA.2. Much like the other goon who mentioned AY.4.2 and the UK for their specific Delta subvariant, ours was a mixture of two main ones (AY.44 and AY.103), then roughly a mixture of churning AYs. Those were forever ago though...

Zantie posted:

Compiled the variants graph for the most recent week of results for WA (week beginning Mar. 20th) though this only contains ~200 sequences and should be considered incomplete.

GISAID is still using the Feb. 28th version of Pango for lineage assignments. I don't expect Washington state to have anything of the more recently assigned things like XE, though I would have expected an update to at least an early-March version. Not sure when they plan to roll the next Pango update in.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1511156687171989507

how bout some loving restrictions or something

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Zantie posted:

This is funny, but the PNW was majority BA.1.1 for our Jan. Omicron peak. Like, check out the GISAID graph I posted yesterday for Washington. Omicron is blue; dark blue is BA.1, middle blue is BA.1.1, light blue is BA.2. Much like the other goon who mentioned AY.4.2 and the UK for their specific Delta subvariant, ours was a mixture of two main ones (AY.44 and AY.103), then roughly a mixture of churning AYs. Those were forever ago though...

your charting has been loving awesome by the way. thank you

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
cases back up in oregon. going to the dentist on wednesday then i guess im peacing out for 2 months. fun while it lasted!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1511167442952798218

can't have a wave if there's no wave meter

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

no testing and no reporting = no cases

Trump was a COVID response prophet

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lmao, "coming"

poo poo has been increasing for 3 weeks in NY

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

hahahaa amazing

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

did she ever have COVID herself because this was a demented take

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Pretty hosed up to expect immunity from the previous variant for the next, what are you too good for new variants?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

not an attorney for the city anymore! nice job torching your career!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Business or pleasure?

Revenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnoT6_LNUjA

endlessmonotony posted:

If I had a dime for every time I got told I need to think positive, and to believe I'll heal, and that someone will help me (but not the person saying it), I could easily afford all the accommodations I need.

Ultimately, most of them are well-meaning, but it's very hard to tell apart an abuser from someone spouting platitudes because they're too tired to care.

"Oh you're so brave!! You're such an inspiration!!!"
"Actually there's some issues I'm having ..."
"Please shut up and just sit there being inspirational, not everything is about you 'k?"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
get your paxlovid prescriptions ahead of time

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

bedpan posted:

not an attorney for the city anymore! nice job torching your career!
I’m sure she can get a job with a right-wing activist organization no problem

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Think about it this way, if a prior covid infection provided immunity to new variants would you even want that? Miss out on those new variants? SARS-CoV-2 is working around the clock, around the globe to bring new experiences to your town and you want to be immune?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
paxlovid is free like the vaccine right

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Yeah it's exactly as free as the vaccine is lol

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

covid provides lasting immunity once you get infected once because it's just like the flu, another infectious disease that you only catch once in your life then never again

and like the flu you only ever need one shot for lifelong protection from all current and future variants

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

COVID positive friend is back at work!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Grats!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

toggle posted:

and there it is. just in time for the next round

https://twitter.com/AnnastaciaMP/status/1511154930714701828

:peanut: brunch time!!

Next round? The current round is already off and running

E: I guess technically that's still the same wave

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

i'm choosing to believe this was some jacob wohl esque sock puppet because jesus what the fuc

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Love to catch a cold multiple times per year that has a strong probability of giving me brain and kidney damage.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
itll pair well with my liver damage

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's important to have all your humours in balance

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

fosborb posted:

if you're looking for comfort (and living in one of 48.5 States of the US), Alpha rocked UK around this time of year and only blew up all of Canada, Michigan, and half of Minnesota.

thats known as the mastershakeman hypothesis; weigh your optimism accordingly

As somebody who lives in Minnesota I am less enthused by this hypothesis.

Got my fourth today; so far just small arm pain and some mild fatigue 12 hours into it. Didn't realize that today was the final day of Government funding so apparently I still got in while the getting was good.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Next round? The current round is already off and running

E: I guess technically that's still the same wave

honestly wonder if some of the waves will just look like an increase that looks like a bunch of really shallow hills and doesnt really go down for like several months and eventually we all die or actually develop some level of immunity lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stereotype posted:

lmao. vaccine-only policy for covid transitioning to no policy. the government is done. get back to work and stop bitching about your dead family and lifetime of breathlessness and brain damage. the worst people in the world won and will always win and life is only going to get worse for everyone forever

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I'm not a virus doctor but would there ever be a reason for us to develop immunity to something that is very successful at evading immunity? Like why would it do that?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol china and south africa are the only places that are going to find new variants pretty soon

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

A bunch of my friends went to fucc n succs because of her tweets. One of them ended up dead of covid in January.
loving hell

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Oh wait, is this the thing where if you stuff enough viruses through the door they'll get stuck? I thought some people already tried that on accident and it didn't work.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zantie posted:

Washington state's weekly update, cobbled together from three excel reports Cumulative Counts, EpiCurve Counts, and Daily Demographics.

No animations today.

Cases

Cases are dated as first specimen date of either PCR or antigen test. This includes reinfections by CSTE and CDC definitions for specimen taken since Sept. 1st, 2021.
pre:
Cases      Changes in state counts reported:
week of:   this week	1wk ago	2wk ago	3wk ago	4wk ago	5wk ago	 ≥6 wks	7-Day Total:
Apr 03	    +   24	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -         24
Mar 27	    +4,018	     22	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -      4,040
Mar 20	    +  281	  3,355	     13	      -	      -	      -	      -      3,649
Mar 13	    +   19	    301	  2,757	     14	      -	      -	      -      3,091
Mar 06	    +    7	     35	    390	  3,089	      4	      -	      -      3,525
Feb 27	    -    2	     20	     30	    838	  4,380	     32	      -      5,298
Feb 20	    +   13	     24	     33	     50	    618	  5,092	  1,713      7,543
All Older   +  813	  2,649	  2,990	  4,320	  3,328	  2,930	  3,564          -
Hospitalizations

Hospitalizations of Washington state residents dated by week of first admission due to confirmed or suspected COVID-19.
pre:
week of:   this week	1wk ago	2wk ago	3wk ago	4wk ago	5wk ago	≥ 6 wks	7-Day Total:
Apr 03	    +    0	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -          -
Mar 27	    +  120	      4	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -        124
Mar 20	    +    0	    156	      4	      -	      -	      -	      -        160
Mar 13	    +    5	      9	    197	      4	      -	      -	      -        215
Mar 06	    +    0	      5	     13	    209	      4	      -	      -        231
Feb 27	    -   10	     12	      8	     32	    344	     21	      -        407
Feb 20	    +    2	      1	     -2	      6	     31	    360	    163        561
All Older   +   18	     92	     90	     88	     57	   -210	    347          -
Deaths [fixed legend overlap]

Deaths due to confirmed/suspected COVID-19 are dated as week of first positive specimen date, regardless of now many positive tests were taken or test type.
pre:
Deaths*    Changes in state counts reported:
week of:   this week	1wk ago	2wk ago	3wk ago	4wk ago	5wk ago	≥ 6 wks	7-Day Total:
Apr 03	    +    0	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -          -
Mar 27	    +    1	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -          1
Mar 20	    +    5	      2	      -	      -	      -	      -	      -          7
Mar 13	    +    8	      3	      2	      -	      -	      -	      -         13
Mar 06	    +    2	      8	      8	      5	      -	      -	      -         23
Feb 27	    +    3	     14	     18	      9	      2	      -	      -         46
Feb 20	    +    2	      7	     11	     16	     17	      2	      -         55
All Older   +   40	     65	     97	    113	    191	    132	    359          -
once again thank you for posting this wa data

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Accepting reality is hard and unpleasant, but it beats the alternative if that's what slides a person closer to embracing eugenics. I mean, drat!

I was also contemplating on this, taking a shower (on my shower chair).

It's very hard to accept there's no justice, no reward at the end making it all worth it. That you can find yourself disabled - forever - without doing anything wrong, and with no recourse, no guarantee of help, or even proper medical care a lot of the time. You think there should be someone who helps, that it's unfair anyone is so hurt they can't do a lot of the things you assume are a core part of being human without help, but you're not helping.

But failure to accept this leads you to asking questions why anyone treated unfairly ended up that way. That there must be a reason, people wouldn't just be cruel to someone for no good reason. That we have a society that helps those unjustly discriminated against. So if you're discriminated against, there must be a reason. Nobody's an angel, and you deserve what happened to you.

So when the question comes if you should give up some of what you have to help others, you already know those who would take your money are not like you, they wasted their chances, they failed to think positively, they didn't work hard enough. And thus, you scratch a liberal, and a fascist bleeds. We're all free, and nobody should have their rights violated or property taken because others need it more. We're free to die in a ditch, and a lot of us do.

You can already recognize the pattern extends to so much more than disability. All you need is enough confidence your cause is just, and therefore you're a just person, and therefore anyone disagreeing with you is evil and deserves everything coming their way. So many good causes have been stymied by the people leading them concentrating on being (seen as) good, rather than doing good. Leading their followers to atrocities for their cause, while destroying any chance of their cause bearing fruit. Lenin and Mao were brutal men willing to pay any price to stop the rentiers. But Stalin? Stalin was a liberal.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

bedpan posted:

no testing and no reporting = no cases

Trump was a COVID response prophet

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pingui posted:

Do it, you cowards.

quote:

FDA says Covid vaccines may need to be updated to ensure high level of effectiveness against virus
Link to the document in question: https://www.fda.gov/media/157383/download

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

They aren’t going to make you a new vaccine because you personally have a yucky feeling that you don’t like two doses and a booster to give strong protection and want them to make you special shots that you vibe better with.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4