Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Darthemed posted:

Journey into Mystery #56 (1960)

From Beyond the Unknown #18 (1972; reprints)

Why didn't he just call the Space Cabbie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Bucnasti posted:

Why didn't he just call the Space Cabbie?

He is the Space Cabby! The story wraps up with him explaining that this experience is why he always picks up hitch-hikers.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Another old Batman comic.

While this isn't funny, I just figured I'd tack it on to this post for curiosity's sake. That beloved BTAS episode where all the supervillains are playing poker and telling their "Almost Got 'Im" stories about Batman was an adaptation of a Golden Age issue.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Which issue is that, Lobok?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DigitalRaven posted:

I mean, this is the Wall. All she needs is about an eighth of an actual excuse to be all "Oops, my finger slipped" about Boomerang.

Has Amanda Waller's husband ever showed up in anything?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Has Amanda Waller's husband ever showed up in anything?

Wikipedia says:

quote:

Amanda Waller has been established as a widow who escaped Chicago's Cabrini–Green housing projects with her surviving family after one of her sons, one of her daughters and her husband were murdered.
So any appearances would have been in flashbacks.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Joseph_Waller_(New_Earth)

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I was reminded to post this after running into someone I knew on a flight and recognizing only their eyes and eyebrows.
GI Joe 55

As a kid I thought it was funny now after two years of mask wearing I've realized it's a real thing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Discendo Vox posted:

Which issue is that, Lobok?

Ok I tracked it down again. Detective Comics #61 with what I assume is a cheeky title: The Three Racketeers

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From X-Men Unlimited 29. X-Men Green ride again, baby!

Plot details follow.

I'm loving the continued adventures of Nature Girl, Curse, Sauron, and their dog, as they travel the seven seas in rented sailor outfits murdering the poo poo out of poachers and feeding their corpses to behemoths of the deep.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From X-Men Unlimited 29. X-Men Green ride again, baby!

Wow, that is almost "I don't want to cure cancer" levels of meme-worthy.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Occult Files of Dr. Spektor #14 (1975)

Quasar #31 (1992)

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Same, Watcher. Same.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Bruceski posted:

Wow, that is almost "I don't want to cure cancer" levels of meme-worthy.

Getting real Doctor Dinosaur vibes from Sauron these days.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bucnasti posted:

Getting real Doctor Dinosaur vibes from Sauron these days.

The villain who named himself after the badguy from Lord of the Rings, is an operatic and bombastic villain you say? No good poster, I do not believe it!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Question IRL posted:

The villain who named himself after the badguy from Lord of the Rings, is an operatic and bombastic villain you say? No good poster, I do not believe it!

If you squint, it's also a nominalized version of the verb you might use to describe what a flying dinosaur does.

edit: Turns out I confused him with avillain from an old Canadian sci fi show, Soaron.

Grendels Dad fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 6, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Grendels Dad posted:

If you squint, it's also a nominalized version of the verb you might use to describe what a flying dinosaur does.

edit: Turns out I confused him with avillain from an old Canadian sci fi show, Soaron.

In Sauron's first appearance he literally says he's naming himself after the bad guy in LOTR.

Uncanny X-men #60 (1969)

Edit: Just an FYI for anyone using a computer who wants to quickly find a specific issue of a comic on Marvel Unlimited, google it, don't try and use the Marvel Unlimited website. I spent like ten minutes trying to find this issue, then finally googled "uncanny x-men #60 unlimited" and it was the first result.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 6, 2022

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Skwirl posted:

In Sauron's first appearance he literally says he's naming himself after the bad guy in LOTR.

Uncanny X-men #60 (1969)

Edit: Just an FYI for anyone using a computer who wants to quickly find a specific issue of a comic on Marvel Unlimited, google it, don't try and use the Marvel Unlimited website. I spent like ten minutes trying to find this issue, then finally googled "uncanny x-men #60 unlimited" and it was the first result.

Oh my God such a wonderful dork.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Man, I love Neal Adams' X-men stuff.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Blue Beetle #28 (1943)

Nic Cage is - DC's Fiend Nazi.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Grendels Dad posted:

Earth, 2147. The legacy of the Metal Wars, where man fought machine...and machines won.

Biodredds, monsterous creations, who hunt down human survivors, and digitize them.

Volcania: Center of the Biodredd Empire. Stronghold and fortress of Lord Dredd, feared ruler of this new order.

But from the fires of the Metal Wars arose a new breed of soldier! Specially trained to bring down Lord Dredd and his Biodredd empire. They were Soldiers of the Future! Mankind's last hope!

Still bitter we never got the second season, that season finale was baller.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That show was ridiculously toyetic, to the point that they sold bonus videos which were just the part you used the toy fighter ship on.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Kwyndig posted:

That show was ridiculously toyetic, to the point that they sold bonus videos which were just the part you used the toy fighter ship on.

Oh, absolutely, but it was also surprisingly deep. The episode where one of the team defends a literal human plague rat because it's the right thing to do. The one where the defector has to slip back into her nazi youth identity to infiltrate an enemy base. The one where the genetically engineered guy has to face his brother (from the Babylon 5 facility; guess who was a writer on the show?) The episode with the 'pacifist sanctuary' who turn out to be willing collaborators buying their own peace with the lives of others. The main human bad guy, who wants to eradicate all biological life, struggling with being biological himself, then slowly realizing that there's no place in his New World Order for himself.

Also, the serialization. It was pretty heavy stuff for a kid's show.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

From Beyond the Unknown #18 (1972; reprints)

Spider-Man Unlimited #20 (1998)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dont steal hairgel from count nefaria imo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

Uncanny X-men #60 (1969)

When I read Lord of the Rings in high school, I was like "this is cool but the bad guy is hard to take seriously, he has the same name as that goofy Pterodactyl guy from the X-men cartoon"

(I knew LotR was older, I just figured it was a coincidence)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
From today's X-Force 27.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Pronto is a weird name for an American woman in 1960.
Her name's Elsa, so he's just saying "pronto" as in "quickly"

Also, that's probably the barest sliver of an article on a recurring comic book character I've ever seen.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Uncanny X-men #60 (1969)

I always figured someone came up with the name Sauron first and then was told about Lord of the Rings.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Chinston Wurchill posted:

From today's X-Force 27.

So he should take the name Cyclops now right?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Nic Cage is Gary Busey is DC's Fiend Nazi.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
Could someone please explain why this X-woman wants to explore Beast's eye hole?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sinatrapod posted:

Could someone please explain why this X-woman wants to explore Beast's eye hole?

I mean, it's Brand, she loving weird.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sinatrapod posted:

She's also his ex/on and off love interest. But like Skwirl said, Brand is weird so :shrug:.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Sinatrapod posted:

Freaky deakies need love too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoE8ZgzaX7A

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Sinatrapod posted:

Well, she's already explored all the others.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Also she's half alien, so who knows what her biology is.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Endless Mike posted:

Also she's half alien, so who knows what her biology is.

Imagine I posted that very strange scene from Aeon Flux where the future alien creature removes its eye to share with Aeon since that's just how future aliens have sex.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Panic #6 (1954)

Power Man and Iron Fist #88 (1982)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

From the Ramayana series I just got--the art is unquestionably 'better' but I miss the warm familiar feel of the older comic book style they used in the Mahabharata version.

The dude whose army gets destroyed then leaves to practice austerities in the Himalayas and ends up gaining tons of spiritual power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Power Man and Iron Fist #88 (1982)

I don't know why, but this one really tickles me pink.