Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I am glad Vinny is the voice of reason on Edge/AJ because I was gonna go crazy if everyone kept saying it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The worry going in that it was going to be a 30-minute psychological slog that the crowd wasn't invested in, and sure enough!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

D.N. Nation posted:

The worry going in that it was going to be a 30-minute psychological slog that the crowd wasn't invested in, and sure enough!

but enough about Sunday WOLs

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I am glad Vinny is the voice of reason on Edge/AJ because I was gonna go crazy if everyone kept saying it was great.

Just an insanely frustrating match. Cutoff spot after cutoff spot, and no big offensive sequence or extended rally from AJ to make the crowd think he has a chance.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The campaign to be the worst Trevor on wrestling Twitter continues

https://twitter.com/FanFyte/status/1511073170622914561

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Bryan called the giant prop hand from the Knoxville match “a life size hand” the man is as dumb as ryback.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

0konner posted:

Bryan called the giant prop hand from the Knoxville match “a life size hand” the man is as dumb as ryback.

Bryan is an extremely small man so that’s his perspective

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

lol

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 6 days!)

aj hasn't really had a good wrestlemania history has he. i think his best received match was the one against shane, and that's mostly because people expected it to be bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

0konner posted:

People do this all the time and it's really annoying.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

roomtone posted:

aj hasn't really had a good wrestlemania history has he. i think his best received match was the one against shane, and that's mostly because people expected it to be bad.

AJ was the opponent in the boneyard match

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s was in real life and therefore life size

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

For some reason I can't get f4wonline to load at all in firefox today, did they break the site again?

site doesn't load if i have adblock on on desktop.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Did his cousin ever appear on a Bryan's show?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillermo_Alvarez_(gymnast)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Bryan saying they should do the Lex Luger Summerslam Count out story for Cody and Dave's reaction was amazing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bryan saying they should do the Lex Luger Summerslam Count out story for Cody and Dave's reaction was amazing

What was Dave's reaction?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

He's already got the bus, they should do that and have it play our the exact same way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1511446793636106243

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat I was just coming here to post that same thing to laugh at it, lol. Like, yes, you stupid rear end he literally has been. Do these people who pick fights with Dave just assume he's basically like Ryan Satin or something?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

They don't know anything about him other than that Cornette/Bischoff/Russo/whoever says he's wrong and bad

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
“When your father had yet to see the light of morning, Dave Meltzer was studying the gate”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

King

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Nothing in here about this weeks between the sheets? That Val Venis promo aged horribly.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Erainor posted:

Nothing in here about this weeks between the sheets? That Val Venis promo aged horribly.

Retro reviews are just great for that. Bryan and Vinny's Nitro reviews have attained legendary status but what the shows were comparing was RAW and Nitro on the same night, and noting that for 1996 to 1997 Nitro was so much better than RAW.

A personal favourite is their realisation, and week on week discussion, that the Nation of Domination were 100% right all along and were the faces against a systemically racist audience and company.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Davros1 posted:

What was Dave's reaction?

The minute Bryan said Cody should win by count out and than win the Rumble and win the title at mania Dave yelled out Lex Luger

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The minute Bryan said Cody should win by count out and than win the Rumble and win the title at mania Dave yelled out Lex Luger

Bless

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Best part for me was:

Dave: They tried it with Lex Luger and it didn't work!
Bryan: Yeah but that was Lex Luger.
Dave: ....well... yeah. Yeah, it was Lex Luger.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, Cody kind of sits in the same space in my head as Lex. Like, he's talented, yes, but the reactions at his most over seem so at odds to me with the actual quality of his output. So yeah, booking him like Lex will kill him just as dead. Who's Bret in the equation? Kofi?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well I mean Cody is a lot like Lex Luger in that if given the choice I'd prefer Bret Hart (and Sting!) but Cody isn't exactly alone in that respect :hmmyes:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dont think cody could rack a giant

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Ironic that in the early days MJF was the Lex to Cody's Sting

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
:siren: Granny cam :siren:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

don’t Google this

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

don’t Google this

? https://www.covesmart.com/blog/granny-cams-who-what-where-and-why/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Love that Granny's logic is that Vinny's correct guess of who she thought would win Edge/AJ doesn't count because she didn't watch the match :lol:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Goons may be interested by this: AEW wrestler Eddie Kingston is on The Long & Winding Royal Road to chat about the June 6th 1998 Triple Crown match between Toshiaki Kawada & Kenta Kobashi, as well as about about his love for '90s All Japan in general.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Eddie is so happy to talk about it too :3:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Eddie is so happy to talk about it too :3:

Find something to love as much as Eddie loves Kenta Kobashi.

I do want to know which legend he was in a car with watching Kawada vs Kobashi on his phone though. I kind of hope it was Minoru Suzuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Eddie Kingston 100% watched stuff of Ditch's site, that's pretty awesome.