Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Helga is actually very gentle in her milking.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Kit Walker posted:

Seems that spell didn't last long

I like the slightly bored attendant turning off the eldritch warbling

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I assume if you work on the haunted train line you get used to it eventually.

I like the glimpses of weirdness we see, like the pink globs growing over the building.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Extra long update today to finish up part one. Also I didn't want to break up this sequence.

Apocalypse Johto Part 1: Silver Lining
Chapter 11: Leadership

And as is tradition for comics in this thread, Apocalypse Johto is now gay.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Kit Walker posted:

"Dalahästen" means "The Dala Horse"

So when Gandalf (written by a linguist) said "run Shadowfax, show us the meaning of haste"

He was saying "show us the meaning of horse" :thunk:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, wouldn't you want to go see Car Trunk Hell Gate if it turns out that Lethal Conundrum sucked?

I read the book and honestly Stephen King adaptations are usually a miss.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

So when Gandalf (written by a linguist) said "run Shadowfax, show us the meaning of haste"

He was saying "show us the meaning of horse" :thunk:

Nah, he would have had to say "show us the meaning of häst".

E: Also, a dalahäst is a very Swedish thing. It's those weirdly patterned horses you see painted everywhere when the crew is in Mora. The actual horses they meet also have dalahäst-patterned blankets on.

Mr. Sunshine has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Apr 5, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The English word haste actually comes to us from a completely different old Norse word, heifst

He's saying show us the meaning of violence

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Another failed goon etymologist :negative:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's insects got to do with anything

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

x

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Going by train from Mora to Malmö (where the Öresund bridge is) takes about eight hours in our world, and sixteen in SSSS. One assumes the track is in worse condition than now.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Ten Earth Shattering Blows

I'd probably be annoyed by this douche, but I'm tickled that the chapter after dumpstering Janflinn the comic introduces another even bigger scoundrel to hang around.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

i'm so glad this thread finally Stockholm syndromed me into really liking HfD, because i am loving the everlasting poo poo out of this Transdimensional Brain farce :neckbeard:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

the holy poopacy posted:

Ten Earth Shattering Blows

What exactly happens between the third and fourth panel here? Her arm gets wrapped up, and then... It isn't?

I think it's supposed to be that Durt retracts the ball after the kicking guy says to stop, but the rope is already pulled back in the same panel? :confused:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

didn’t want your efforts to go unnoticed because lmao

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

But.

But.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Yes, that's how it works.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Anyway, hope this helps

Only registered members can see post attachments!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
love this thread

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CPColin posted:

Anyway, hope this helps

World Famous W posted:

love this thread

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
X-mas Time again

I have never heard anyone ever say anything bad about Weird Al, and God willing, I never will.

And that's going to wrap up 2013. That leaves about 6.5 - 7 years worth to go through and at this rate I average about 1 year every month and a half, so we should hit the end of Whomp just before the end of the year.

CzarChasm has a new favorite as of 01:18 on Apr 6, 2022

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

KennyMan666 posted:

And as is tradition for comics in this thread, Apocalypse Johto is now gay.

:hmmyes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

CPColin posted:

Anyway, hope this helps

This doesn’t even make any sense. Cows don’t have prostates???

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Some real :shepface: going on in that last panel

E: this applies to both the serial killer and cow prostate comic

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jigsaw posted:

This doesn’t even make any sense. Cows don’t have prostates???

You see an udder?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I gotta say Jhoto comic has really grown on me

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

CPColin posted:

Anyway, hope this helps

Magnificent.

Ranking of Kings

readingatwork posted:

End of Chapter 3

Chapter 4

This scene is particularly great in the anime

E: Now is probably a good time to let people know that from here on out the anime diverges a tad from the manga. Nothing major is changed but they do rearrange when certain backstories are told in order to keep motivations ambiguous and the story more suspenseful. In almost all cases this was the right choice, so much so that in a weird way it kind of feels like the manga spoils the anime in certain places by dropping certain reveals too early. For this reason if you plan to watch the anime at some point you may want to consider checking it out first before reading the rest of the manga since it's definitely the superior version of this story and you will lose the impact of certain scenes if you know what's going on beforehand. Not an absolute necessity to enjoy either version, mind you, but I figured I'd warn people just in case

readingatwork has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Apr 6, 2022

Ynkling
Mar 22, 2012

For these reasons I vote for granting UN membership to our moon.

CzarChasm posted:

X-mas Time again

Oh that's cute. They both use the same workaround to wear formal clothes.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
The Property of Hate

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

drat horror queefs posted:

What exactly happens between the third and fourth panel here? Her arm gets wrapped up, and then... It isn't?

I think it's supposed to be that Durt retracts the ball after the kicking guy says to stop, but the rope is already pulled back in the same panel? :confused:

Durt threw and retracted the ball just to stay her hand, doesn't appear that Durt intended to bind her for any longer than that

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

readingatwork posted:

E: Now is probably a good time to let people know that from here on out the anime diverges a tad from the manga. Nothing major is changed but they do rearrange when certain backstories are told in order to keep motivations ambiguous and the story more suspenseful. In almost all cases this was the right choice, so much so that in a weird way it kind of feels like the manga spoils the anime in certain places by dropping certain reveals too early. For this reason if you plan to watch the anime at some point you may want to consider checking it out first before reading the rest of the manga since it's definitely the superior version of this story and you will lose the impact of certain scenes if you know what's going on beforehand. Not an absolute necessity to enjoy either version, mind you, but I figured I'd warn people just in case

Ahanks for this. I'm not an Anime guy, but the art appeals to me enough to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat horror queefs posted:

Simple. She gets kicked, staggers, and lunges to stab him while he's doing a handstand but gets stopped by the rope. Once the big guy's back on his feet, Durt pulls the rope back now that the other guy isn't wide open to getting stabbed anymore.