Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The only one I didn’t get was the worgen greaser buff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think it's just a random old and crappy card to single out for an equally crappy buff

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Battlemaster = Loatheb is a fairly obscure reference, but then again with Gallon and BoarControl on the team it makes some sense lol

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Is the reference from the 5 mana battlemaster auto include time, or is there something deeper?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mayveena posted:

If only the first one was actually true!

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23765271

Looks like someone did not read all of the patch notes. :laugh:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Is the reference from the 5 mana battlemaster auto include time, or is there something deeper?

https://twitter.com/FenoHS/status/1420924018023178245

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Anybody working on refining Prestor DH? I am going to ladder with it until the expansion. Games are fun (Brasswing lethal? Multi-Kaz? :kiss:) but it runs dry easily, so I added Razorglaives for post-Prestor draw chains. The VS list is probably better, and I'd be interested in hearing from others who are still playing with this.

### Prestor?
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Felfire Deadeye
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Razorglaive Sentinel
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Lady Prestor
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAZWrBAT21gPn8APW+QOHiwQN174D3r4D2cYD3MwD+84Di9UD8+MDkOQD9PYDppUEyZ8E0p8E4aQEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

Mayveena posted:

If only the first one was actually true!

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23765271

I guarantee that every three expansions someone suggests "Taunt Taunt" as the new headliner mechanic and someone needs to tap the poster in the design room that says "WE WILL NEVER DO TAUNT TAUNT"

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

Anybody working on refining Prestor DH? I am going to ladder with it until the expansion. Games are fun (Brasswing lethal? Multi-Kaz? :kiss:) but it runs dry easily, so I added Razorglaives for post-Prestor draw chains. The VS list is probably better, and I'd be interested in hearing from others who are still playing with this.

### Prestor?
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (2) Battleworn Vanguard
# 2x (2) Bonechewer Brawler
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Felfire Deadeye
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Razorglaive Sentinel
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 1x (6) Lady Prestor
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAZWrBAT21gPn8APW+QOHiwQN174D3r4D2cYD3MwD+84Di9UD8+MDkOQD9PYDppUEyZ8E0p8E4aQEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm very surprised that nobody is running Wings of Hate in any aggro DH lists.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RoboCicero posted:

I guarantee that every three expansions someone suggests "Taunt Taunt" as the new headliner mechanic and someone needs to tap the poster in the design room that says "WE WILL NEVER DO TAUNT TAUNT"

I do want spelltaunt though.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Chernabog posted:

I do want spelltaunt though.

You mean like the mage secret spellbender, but public information?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

You mean like the mage secret spellbender, but public information?

I guess.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

ferroque posted:

I'm very surprised that nobody is running Wings of Hate in any aggro DH lists.

The problem with WoH for this deck is that it can't become a post-Prestor cheap power card, I think. It seems good if you combo it with the 2 mana spell that kills the tokens and gives you attack, but that isn't quite the line for the Prestor build. It will probably see play in a few weeks though...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I'm just gonna skip the latest ??? achievement because jesus christ. These aren't really puzzles anymore

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 3, 2022

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Just beat a control Warrior by dropping a 0 cost haleh, 0 cost mage scribe, fully upgraded wings of hate*, and the mage scribe generated throw glaive (which can target your own minions) and a sigil. That was 24 damage out of nowhere, with alexstraza in hand and not needed. I was losing the whole game right up until I won. Deck is fun!

*switched to the one with the most games on hsreplay to get some reps with mulligan data.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Any good warlock deck?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

new reward track info

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23784367/rewards-track-refresh-for-voyage-to-the-sunken-city

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The Battle pass is really bonkers this expansion, every class is getting at least one skin which is really cool

e: also they are pushing the patch tomorrow, I wonder if the core set is going live a week early?

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
For reference, the free cards on the track are Ambassador Faelin, Tuskarrr Trawler, Treasure Guard (doesn't seem to be revealed yet), Baba Naga, Vicious Slitherspear (also not revealed yet), Crushclaw Enforcer, Mothership (not revealed), and School Teacher. Nothing that seems to be as consistently playable as Venomous Scorpid, but enough free stuff for you to at least experiment with nagas and Dredge in bad decks in Silver ranks.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Firebert posted:

The Battle pass is really bonkers this expansion, every class is getting at least one skin which is really cool

e: also they are pushing the patch tomorrow, I wonder if the core set is going live a week early?
Didn't they do that last year and have a week long pocket meta? Was quite fun.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
When do they stop selling the expansion bundles? Right on release?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So if I don't hang out the weeklies tonight they won't do anything?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

nah weeklies and dailies keep giving xp until the 12th when the reward track switches over (and then they will give xp towards THAT)

its just the achievements that will swap tomorrow - AV achievements wont give xp anymore, but Sunken City achievements will (if you get the cards in Duels or w/e)

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Flayer posted:

Didn't they do that last year and have a week long pocket meta? Was quite fun.

That felt like a 1-time thing, to ease the transition into the new Core Set system.

This time, swapping Core Set to Core Set #2, I don't think it is as necessary or was designed for overlap. I also have not gotten any rules updates or notifications for this weekend, regarding card legality for MTW tournaments.

But either way, it should become clear later today.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
What time and which channel (twitch/YT) are the core sets to be revealed?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
lol and lmao. drakonid operative into the core set.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Looks like League of Explorers is back on the menu

Also Lyra laffo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Hunter colossal was worth the wait

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I hope they add zero highlander support. The entire fun of Reno is having just Reno and dealing with it, stuffing decks full of all the highlander cards ruins the fun.

EDIT: ahhh they're adding so many of my favorite legendaries. Rag Lightlord, Fandral, Brann, Finley, Reno, LYRA. And adding LOTS of popular cards (northshire cleric, a buffed azure drake, living roots, wild pyro, and uuuuurgh tar creeper). Idk if any of them will be strong enough but these are nice choices.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 5, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
All the new expansion cards are up on the website. Haven't looked through them all yet but Druid has a minion that refreshes your mana crystals equal to the highest cost spell in their hand :shepface:

EDIT: Mage gets a Flamewaker that works when you summon a Mech, and a spell to reduce the cost of mechs in your hand. Oh boy

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 5, 2022

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

time furiously theorycraft for a week

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I thought of a neat combo - northshire cleric, wild pyromancer, and circle of healing.

EDIT: Side note, I'm glad they're taking the approach of rotating out part of the core set rather than all of it, <25% of it or so is actually changing. I think that's a better fit for the game than 250 different cards every time.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 5, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Patch notes are up

quote:

Some balance changes over the years were made because cards were too powerful in Standard, even if they were not necessarily too powerful in Wild. The following cards will have their balance changes reverted on April 5 before they rotate into Wild with the launch of Voyage to the Sunken City on April 12:

Apotheosis
Imprisoned Scrap Imp
Blackjack Stunner
Scavenger’s Ingenuity
Kael’thas Sunstrider
Corsair Cache
Crabrider
Mo’arg Artificer
Il’gynoth
Deck of Lunacy
Boggspine Knuckles
Dreadlord’s Bite
Shardshatter Mystic
Solarian Prime (generated by Astromancer Solarian)
Guardian Animals
Bloodboil Brute
Imprisoned Antaen
Jandice Barov
High Abess Alura
Lorekeeper Polkelt
Evocation
Priestess of Fury
Kayn Sunfury
Cabal Acolyte
Standard players will have one week to give these cards a last hurrah while Wild players get started assimilating these newly re-strengthened cards into their format!

This will be a weird week

EDIT:

quote:

Starting with Patch 23.0, completing one Task in a Mercenary’s Task progression will automatically move you on to the next Task in that Mercenary’s progression. You can then continue that Mercenary’s Task progression until you have completed all Tasks for that Mercenary!

Well that certainly makes things a lot less tedious

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Oh yeah Tess is back and with burgle support.

Also lol that Azure Drake got buffed in order to bring it back.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh no Kaelthas

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Well Wild is gonna be a Thing again with some of those reversions, especially given a couple were actually for wild in the first place

Scales Paladin will rise again!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
3k gold/$25 for a Diamond card seems a bit much...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Whoa, mercs Varian got huge buffs, I was always fond of this merc as a counter during the Valeera meta

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

RatHat posted:

3k gold/$25 for a Diamond card seems a bit much...

Even Kibler wouldn't pay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Acolyte of Pain and Wild Pyromancer are back wow! I think these will be the most impactful additions