Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

blms realizing no one's gonna go all the way out there save them from a stack marker is a learning experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
That implies BLM players learn.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
No learning, only Fire 4.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

im gonna learn this fire 4 right in to your face

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BLMs are one of the reasons I don't play a healer anymore, yes.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hellioning posted:

BLMs are one of the reasons I don't play a healer anymore, yes.

user error

ticket closed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I learned Fire 4 and then stopped

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I love getting a BLM in my party in exdr because I get to marvel at their explosive dps if they're good and sneer at them when they're bad. Win win.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

tbh I'm hoping I get one of blm smn or sge weapons from our pre-dragonsong reclears because I'd really rather play anything but red mage in expert roulette

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

I learned Fire 4 and then stopped

:mods:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/zucchini_loaf/status/1510787127151251459?t=YG66k7wJNCkC8tkgoRalIg&s=19

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

One of you rich 2.0 materia barons buy the calydontis horn I have for sale so I can stop camping the market board for undercutters like a hawk.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Zomborgon posted:

I missed Fronlines chat but borderland ruins can go die in a hole. Other modes are fine.

At this point the whole match is just walking back and forth across the map and often avoiding any fight that isn't on the middle pillar.

But it's the best map for yeeting people to their deaths.

One way to get around the tendency to not engage is to play Warrior. Pull using the special weapon throw, holmgang to lock them down while your mob comes in to kill them, hope the other side engages and a brawl starts.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I was just watching the 6.1 trailer for the first time today and I noticed during the Crystal Conflict segment of it that Dancer gets an AoE charm in pvp now lmfao

There's a part where a DNC does a little twirl and then the enemy team gets hearts floating over their head and they do the Charmed emote

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Chillgamesh posted:

So I was just watching the 6.1 trailer for the first time today and I noticed during the Crystal Conflict segment of it that Dancer gets an AoE charm in pvp now lmfao

There's a part where a DNC does a little twirl and then the enemy team gets hearts floating over their head and they do the Charmed emote

Oh this is nice

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Chillgamesh posted:

i'm preparing my seraphine glamour as we speak

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
there's also a white mage ability that fires a big laser that looks to damage/heal enemies and allies for ~25% HP. I watched yoship's match vod and never could figure out what the BLM one is despite him apparently using it at one point

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Hopefully the BLM pvp skill is that they stand still casting for a full minute and if they ever finish the cast they kill the entire enemy team and win instantly

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Martman posted:

Hopefully the BLM pvp skill is that they stand still casting for a full minute and if they ever finish the cast they kill the entire enemy team and win instantly

Make BLM do mega damage in general, but they literally cannot move and need to be transported around by healers with rescue.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Today, the Heavensward LP brings the Dragonsong War to its final curtain

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the longer blm stands in once place the more of a stacking damage buff they get

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
i did mhach as a blm last night and got rescued into a stack marker. except it wasn't a stack marker, it was a tank cleave.

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.

Vitamean posted:

the longer blm stands in once place the more of a stacking damage buff they get

I think the term you're looking for is stacking vuln.

E3N example:
https://i.imgur.com/RX9eg6t.mp4

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

that's not the term I was looking for but thank you for the vid

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I rewatched the pvp vod and BLM adrenaline rush seems to be Sextuplecast that also turns your fire/ice spells into Flare and Freeze

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Countblanc posted:

I rewatched the pvp vod and BLM adrenaline rush seems to be Sextuplecast that also turns your fire/ice spells into Flare and Freeze

Almost as good as going Ultima on everyone's asses, I'll take it!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fiye posted:

E3N example:

lol I need to be a better tank so I can do poo poo like this more often

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Argas posted:

But it's the best map for yeeting people to their deaths.

One way to get around the tendency to not engage is to play Warrior. Pull using the special weapon throw, holmgang to lock them down while your mob comes in to kill them, hope the other side engages and a brawl starts.

Last night, I had an enemy warrior leap off a ledge, holmgang me in mid air, drag me with him where his waiting party gleefully murdered me

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I know there aren't too many of this type of guy playing FFXIV, but I'm thinking of some dude with a Trailer WoL-type character getting really upset when his manly man starts swooning over my Ganondorf's Tempting Tango and laughing to myself

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Fiye posted:

E3N example:

I love how the healer's rez macro calls out the tank.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Countblanc posted:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Doing the dwarf beast tribe quest that makes you test out a tank for the nth time is making me wish for a zany PvP minigame mode where you complete objectives using mount abilities. I want to get more use out of these lasers and goobbue sneezes! Right now, the only times I get to have fun with them are during these sidequests and when I'm idling before the start of a Frontlines match.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I am not playing as much as I used to because of a new job that actually expects me to do things, so my progression has slowed, but I’m still having fun.

One thing I still want to master is the no-healer-needed WAR self-healing/mitigation rotation for EXDR. Does anyone have a reference to a guide for that which is suitable for a very small brain?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Subjunctive posted:

One thing I still want to master is the no-healer-needed WAR self-healing/mitigation rotation for EXDR. Does anyone have a reference to a guide for that which is suitable for a very small brain?

Press Bloodwhetting. Use AOE a couple times.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

I am not playing as much as I used to because of a new job that actually expects me to do things, so my progression has slowed, but I’m still having fun.

its all about watching your cooldowns and spacing them out accordingly. that's it really. Bloodwhetting does most of the work for you, just gotta know when to pop it.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Press Bloodwhetting. Use AOE a couple times.

Kerrzhe posted:

its all about watching your cooldowns and spacing them out accordingly. that's it really. Bloodwhetting does most of the work for you, just gotta know when to pop it.

Yeah, the challenge is not dying between Bloodwhetting applications, so far. I use Thrill and Equilibrium between the first and second, and Shake It Off between second and third, and then I’m in trouble if there are still a bunch of enemies around. (And then that stuff is often on cooldown for the second double-pull before the boss.)

I always have one cooldown active outside of Bloodwhetting, but it still doesn’t seem like enough. I’m ilvl 591 so it’s not gear, it’s definitely the player.

Maybe I’ll make a video of my stupid so people can point it out more easily.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!

Subjunctive posted:

Yeah, the challenge is not dying between Bloodwhetting applications, so far. I use Thrill and Equilibrium between the first and second, and Shake It Off between second and third, and then I’m in trouble if there are still a bunch of enemies around. (And then that stuff is often on cooldown for the second double-pull before the boss.)

I always have one cooldown active outside of Bloodwhetting, but it still doesn’t seem like enough. I’m ilvl 591 so it’s not gear, it’s definitely the player.

Are you also using rampart, vengeance, reprisal and arms length?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

Honestly, if you still have a lot of enemies around after the third bloodwhetting the issue is really the group's AoE DPS. Try saving thrill for later and add Arms Length or Reprisal for the first gap, equi has a HoT component that you can try to get more out of by stacking a little more mitigation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tremors posted:

Are you also using rampart, vengeance, reprisal and arms length?

Oh yes! I always have a mitigation cooldown applied (sometimes reprisal misses a mob or rarely two due to bad timing, I admit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
If the other players (including healer) are doing crappy DPS then the packs will just take too long and you'll start to get worn down, maybe that's been causing you trouble.