Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/RazzieAwards/status/1509219110579712002?s=20&t=qeYZp__r_tBx2ejT25cTHQ

🤞RIPD Razzies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chaotic Flame posted:

If you subscribe to the Patreon, can you access the new content in apps like Pocket Cast?

Just in case this got buried on the last page, yes, you get an RSS feed just for you that you can use anywhere. I use it in Overcast, and it's easy.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Just in case this got buried on the last page, yes, you get an RSS feed just for you that you can use anywhere. I use it in Overcast, and it's easy.

It's easy until your credit card expires and get dropped from Patreon, and then you're wondering why there hasn't been a new bonus episode all week! :argh:

You just have to update the RSS feed at that point, but it's annoying

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stonementary is up on the Patreon.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Sorcerers Stone is streaming on HBO Max too

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How soon into the commentary do they say "sorcerer's stone" like gal gadot because it's the only thing I can think of now when I see the word stone.

Also how hard are these to sync up? Never partook in one of these before but I might give it a shot.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

After bullshitting for a couple minutes, they'll do a count down to press play. Just don't be like me and forget to reset playback speed in your podcast player back to 1x or it'll be a mess.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

duz posted:

After bullshitting for a couple minutes, they'll do a count down to press play. Just don't be like me and forget to reset playback speed in your podcast player back to 1x or it'll be a mess.

Has anyone told you that you're a monster?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

duz posted:

Thanks! This commentary track's great so far.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

explosivo posted:

How soon into the commentary do they say "sorcerer's stone" like gal gadot because it's the only thing I can think of now when I see the word stone.

Also how hard are these to sync up? Never partook in one of these before but I might give it a shot.

I'm almost 2 hours in and I don't think they've made the joke once yet. Huh. That's pretty surprising, actually, now that you mention it.

And it's not that bad to sync up (I know you've already started, but for anyone else). The description tells you the time code for both the track and the movie for when to start, and they give you a countdown. It's only annoying whenever you have to pause, or if you have any internet issues and one, not the other, starts having issues.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Iron Crowned posted:

Has anyone told you that you're a monster?

1.25x is totally fine for most podcasts. I keep whm at regular speed though.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Big Daddy Dispatch is out.

Episode 603 — Morbius
Episode 604 — Junior: Live from Asheville!
Episode 605 — Event Horizon
Episode 606 — Max Payne

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Last Action Hero
Animation Damnation — Spider-Man (1994) "Chapter VI: Morbius" (s2, e6)
The Nexus: TOS: "The Paradise Syndrome" (s3 e3) TNG: "The Hunted" (s3, e11)
Gleep Glossary: The Emperor's Royal Guards
Melr0210: 90210: "Halloween" (s2, e13) Melrose Place: "Much Ado About Everything" (s2, e1)
Once In A Lifetime: Stalked by My Doctor: Patient's Revenge

gently caress yes on that WLM. And on Event Horizon.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yes on that Animation Damnation. "I NEED MORE PLASMA!"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Event Horizon and Max Payne are going to be awesome. Max Payne is so horrible I am shocked it took this long.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I have called in Max Payne a couple times for LRM so thank god I don’t have to debase myself to do it again. Really excited to hear it and maybe rewatch to see if it’s as bad as I remember.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Commentary is hilarious, one of the more consistently funny things they've done in a while imo. Cabin's crotchety british woman accent never fails to make me laugh.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I didn’t think Morbius was the worst thing I’ve ever seen. It’s long delayed released and meme-imification is well deserved and it does nothing great, but it’s definitely an addition to Sony’s bank of early 2000’s era super hero movies but made today with todays tech and shared habits. It isn’t no Venom or Venom 2 which I greatly enjoyed but if the scale is like the worst early 2000’s super hero movies (Elektra, Daredevil, Wolverine: Origins or Catwoman) to the best (Spider-Man 2, Blade 2, Batman Begins, Hellboy ) I’d put this there in the middle with like The Punisher or Ghost Rider.

Looking forward to the episode either way. It’s ripe material to rip into.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1510392335586242560?s=20&t=5hS0TMQNCsACipQW-VorlA

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Commentary is great. Hope they at least do the other Columbus movie. Imagine what they’ll do when they get to the toilet ghost.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“I’m as drunk as a whore in church. Is that a saying?”

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I could have sworn I'd seen The Last Castle but couldn't remember a drat thing about it.

Listening to this ep now, no wonder because not a drat thing happens worth note and the ending is a big fart, sound and fury signifying nothing after Redford dies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MariusLecter posted:

I could have sworn I'd seen The Last Castle but couldn't remember a drat thing about it.

Listening to this ep now, no wonder because not a drat thing happens worth note and the ending is a big fart, sound and fury signifying nothing after Redford dies.

I know for a fact I've seen it. I remember the friend's house I was at when I watched it. I remember it was daytime. But I also remember absolutely nothing about the movie itself.

It's a cinematic blackhole.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Got a real solid laugh out of the podcast ads where Chris is shilling for gummies in case you don’t want to “get too high”. Would have laughed even more if it was Andrew doing it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

There are things to note about the risks and weirdness of unregulated delta 8 in general but I do gotta say it's fully capable of knocking you right on your rear end and the weed light thing is kinda a misnomer.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

yeah delta 8 will mess you up just like 9 will, but I also dont wake up with a weird groggy hangover after smoking a bunch of regular weed the way i do after ingesting some 8 edibles or something.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I wonder if I'd be less allergic to it. Regular degular THC gummies give me hives for a day or so and it sucks.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

no longer having a connection for vapes or real THC gummies (or smokeable weed which gives me an awful loving headache), I'm glad delta-8 exists. Thanks Diet Smoke live reads!

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Getting caught up on Melro210 and Eric got off an all-timer in episode #47 talking about Jo going to Skid Row to photograph the homeless. "Poverty tourism. It's like when a rich person starts a podcast."

Also, can confirm that once Melrose Place starts season two, business really starts to pick up. Matt even starts to get storylines! Most of them aren't great and/or are dated, but since he's the only minority left... :shrug:

Matt never gets to actually kiss a guy. He holds hands, hugs, and the one time we might have seen him kiss a guy, they cut away to Billy's shocked reaction instead. (It was Billy's best man for his wedding to Allison.) Which I can't wait to hear the guys talk about.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

SilentChaz posted:

Getting caught up on Melro210 and Eric got off an all-timer in episode #47 talking about Jo going to Skid Row to photograph the homeless. "Poverty tourism. It's like when a rich person starts a podcast."

Also, can confirm that once Melrose Place starts season two, business really starts to pick up. Matt even starts to get storylines! Most of them aren't great and/or are dated, but since he's the only minority left... :shrug:

Matt never gets to actually kiss a guy. He holds hands, hugs, and the one time we might have seen him kiss a guy, they cut away to Billy's shocked reaction instead. (It was Billy's best man for his wedding to Allison.) Which I can't wait to hear the guys talk about.

This motivated me to read ahead and wow this poo poo was a prime time show and not a mid-morning telenovela? Just from a cursory glance I saw that at least three major characters fake their deaths

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

SilentChaz posted:

And in real life he’s married to Sydney!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:siren: New Once in a Lifetime "Stalked by my Doctor" went up today :siren:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

This motivated me to read ahead and wow this poo poo was a prime time show and not a mid-morning telenovela? Just from a cursory glance I saw that at least three major characters fake their deaths

There was seemingly a push in the 90s/early 2000s for putting the soap opera format into prime-time again. Similar to Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon's Crest etc in the 70s and 80s.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

explosivo posted:

:siren: New Once in a Lifetime "Stalked by my Doctor" went up today :siren:

It also features an important update to Eric's ongoing potluck conundrum.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
has any other longtime fan started to just turn off the Marvel episodes? they're so mean-spirited now, and they have the most weird stuff that seems like they're not self aware at all - like they'll make fun of comic book nerds who nitpick plots, but then Chris will do that exact thing and not as a joke

or they'll make fun of alt-right shitheads for being all "wokeism gone mad!", but then they'll do the same "woke-ism has gone too far" thing by talking about how you "can't show sex in movies anymore", and it's like... the exact, literally exact same tone and argument and it's like :psyduck:

when they're not angry they're still great, but man... i just can't with the anger, mostly from Cabin and Jupin :(

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The Marvel movies have been really bad for a while now and they’re finally sick of them, rightfully so. They’re not even movies anymore, they’re soulless products designed to just get you to line up for next pile of slop.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It's ok to like a movie!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Is... is that a response to the Morbius episode? Because I feel like that's a film earning the savaging.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They're right about Marvel movies.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

The Deleter posted:

They're right about Marvel movies.

:hai:

It's okay to like a movie, but let's be real, defending the MCU is like defending eating at McDonald's. Nothing wrong with enjoying it, but it's not really something that needs it. It's fine to just have fun at the movies and not take it personally if someone is hard on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

It’s silly to say that when they’ve been generally positive on many marvel products recently, with Jupin saying on the Eternals episode that last year had way more hits than misses from marvel studios.

But since you mentioned it I think they’ve really toned down the cartoonish outrage and plot hole sniping in recent years. I went back to listen to their New Nightmare and Scream 3 episodes and those seemed way more mean-spirited than modern WHM.

They did dislike Eternals but like, it’s Eternals