Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

mallratcal posted:

Where can I watch this show?

It’s called Ted lasso and apple +

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Durf posted:

Picard season 4 will be Will Wheaton doing tiktok dances at gunpoint

lol Will Wheaton is gonna have to do the Picard Season 3 aftershow and get super loving hype for a show they did not ask him to be on even though they brought back like every living castmember

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

TIP posted:

patrick stewart was there in the writer's room, helping to make sure it was trash

Patrick Stewart: And I do other stuff, like I go to the World Cup final, and it's Germany versus England, and I wish that I were playing, and suddenly I am, and I score the winning goal, and they carry me into the dressing room and there's Roony and Beckham and then Posh Spice walks in and...

Michael Chabon: ...her clothes fall off?

Patrick Stewart: Instantly.

Lol, Ricky Gervais sucks but this scene in Extras is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, Patrick Stewart delivers it perfectly.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Main character of that is stealing a voice from a cohost's weird joke in a goon lp of majora mask? Talk about a deep cut

https://youtu.be/7urtHf18WHg

~11:00 is the first i could find of that voice when skipping around, but it's apparently seared into my brain forever. If you're in the mood for something dumb to watch while unsober the playlist is at https://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-3-Days-Challenge/

E: I'm apparently either pages behind or in the wrong thread, oh well

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 6, 2022

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Durf posted:

Will Wheaton doing tiktok dances at gunpoint

mallratcal posted:

Where can I watch this show?

poisonpill posted:

It’s called Ted lasso and apple +

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

id watch a picard show where wesley crusher comes back and when picard sees him he has some kind of episode and starts screaming “no children on the bridge” and disintegrates him with a phaser set on the highest setting. its what true trek fans want

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

screaden posted:

Lol, Ricky Gervais sucks but this scene in Extras is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, Patrick Stewart delivers it perfectly.

Gervais and Merchant are just really good at writing that kind of comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJ81Mq2y34

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
i hope they pile them all onto the not-enterprise in the first episode of season 3 and the warp core has a meltdown and explodes. no tricks. no traveling back to undo the disaster. no q hijinks. they're all just dead.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Stink Billyums posted:

Gervais and Merchant are just really good at writing that kind of comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huJ81Mq2y34

I think this is the last thing of theirs I liked, I kinda hated everything from Derek onwards and I'm wondering if that was because Stephen Merchant wasn't there to balance him out

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

its all nice on rice posted:

New Nerd Crew when??

This is from couple of pages ago but basically never because:

-They literally(*) killed Jedi Council / Collider which is lmao

-Covid was the proverbial killing blow to the fandom craze which started to go downhill after GoT disaster / Endgame / The Last Jedi (thank you for your service, Riann :patriot:) so there was not much material to work anyway.

I think Nerd Crew wrapped up nicely with absolute god tier episodes (the Nerd Crate episode is an absolute banger, minute on minute) and hilarious moments plus the GOAT "Rich Evans watches the most embarrassing podcast" short.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Nerd Crew will return for the High Republic or whatever poo poo they call it now

The High Republic: Everybody is a Jedi and they all have fuckin' light sabers! We even made a loving wookie into a Jedi, he has a blue light saber! Give us all of your money you loving loser fanbois!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Blue saber? SOLD!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
It would be One Million times better if the wookiees had brown lightsabers.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
what if there was a lightsaber but like... TWO lightsabers?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

There’s no such thing as brown light :eng101:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
GIVE 👏 LANDO 👏 A 👏 BLACK 👏 LIGHT 👏 SABER 👏

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

AARD VARKMAN posted:

GIVE 👏 LANDO 👏 A 👏 BLACK 👏 LIGHT 👏 SABER 👏

the proper term is Darksaber

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

The Anime Liker posted:

Disregard piss fingers

So much hgh rage right now

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Lol poor michael, poor richard. they cant not watch now

Holy loving poo poo

Michael
Richard
Michael Richard
Michael Richards

All the bizarre racism suddenly makes sense

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i cant find that on my copy of the bristol chart

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

screaden posted:

I think this is the last thing of theirs I liked, I kinda hated everything from Derek onwards and I'm wondering if that was because Stephen Merchant wasn't there to balance him out

Derek was fuckin dire

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

you'd think the lightsaber engineering arms race would quickly evolve into someone building one that's like 30 feet long that could easily demolish anyone but i guess nobody ever thought of that and having different colors was more important

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
it looks like the average age of that writing room is 68

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
also when i saw someone post a jonathan frakes tweet i for some reason thought it was going to be a reboot of beyond belief fact or fiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr. Meagles posted:

you'd think the lightsaber engineering arms race would quickly evolve into someone building one that's like 30 feet long that could easily demolish anyone but i guess nobody ever thought of that and having different colors was more important

There's the tech to make tiny ones so making a colossal one should be easy.

But I guarantee you there's some dork rear end book where one of the two tentacle hair ladies (it's always them because nerds are pathetic and horny) had a 70' lightsaber but it drew too many tachyon midichlorians and exploded.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Light spears

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgOEoW7gqUk&t=153s

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The death star is just a really big light saber

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I watched The Bubble (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBD8X5zLG4U
Remember the pandemic? social distancing? haha, the good ol days, right before the war

Is Judd Apatow one of those guys who likes to improvise scenes and dialogue in his movies? This feels like it was half improvised. It's alright, but I miss the days of smart dialogue, planned gags, and sophisticated comedy, such as Hot Shots part Deux

The cast is a bunch of good comedians and some name actors, I like basically everyone here (except the lady from Ghostbusters 2016, but she's still good). Peter Serafinowicz, Pedro Pascal, Key from Key and Peele, Fred Armisen. Honestly it feels like it should be a way better movie with this cast.

So yeah, it's a Judd Apatow movie, so it's the closest thing to "Comedy" we get in this forsaken age. To be honest it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed the continuing gag with the production crew basically hating the actors, seems based in reality. I remember chuckling at some points but drat if I can remember the quotes.

Anyway, I award this 2.5 Comfys, and a full extra mark for a random Maria Bamford cameo

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
what if my red lightsaber was the same as your blue lightsaber? like we both call the red lightsaber a red lightsaber but we see it differently. just think about it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I watched The Bubble (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBD8X5zLG4U
Remember the pandemic? social distancing? haha, the good ol days, right before the war

Is Judd Apatow one of those guys who likes to improvise scenes and dialogue in his movies? This feels like it was half improvised. It's alright, but I miss the days of smart dialogue, planned gags, and sophisticated comedy, such as Hot Shots part Deux

The cast is a bunch of good comedians and some name actors, I like basically everyone here (except the lady from Ghostbusters 2016, but she's still good). Peter Serafinowicz, Pedro Pascal, Key from Key and Peele, Fred Armisen. Honestly it feels like it should be a way better movie with this cast.

So yeah, it's a Judd Apatow movie, so it's the closest thing to "Comedy" we get in this forsaken age. To be honest it wasn't that bad. I enjoyed the continuing gag with the production crew basically hating the actors, seems based in reality. I remember chuckling at some points but drat if I can remember the quotes.

Anyway, I award this 2.5 Comfys, and a full extra mark for a random Maria Bamford cameo

I despised it.

It's already hopelessly outdated, plus it has my pet peeve of comedy movies relying on tons of cgi for no good reason.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Sunk Dunk posted:

also when i saw someone post a jonathan frakes tweet i for some reason thought it was going to be a reboot of beyond belief fact or fiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1EzkRpelY

Beyond belief fact or fiction, is what I was hoping for.

I saw this recently. It was made by Lowtax, so I guess warning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxQPOUKbhYI

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I despised it.

It's already hopelessly outdated, plus it has my pet peeve of comedy movies relying on tons of cgi for no good reason.

Oh yeah it's getting freakin destroyed in reviews. I don't think it was THAT bad, but it's no "40 year old virgin" (that's me haha)

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Hillary 2024 posted:

The High Republic: Everybody is a Jedi and they all have fuckin' light sabers! We even made a loving wookie into a Jedi, he has a blue light saber! Give us all of your money you loving loser fanbois!

The High Republic is the Old Republic but it's not so far in the past that all locations and characters are unrecognizable, and they're fighting bad guys that aren't sith (at least until the tv show starts)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/danielleloucamp/status/1510952545962897408

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
they should reboot beyond belief with just real and fake stories that happened to jonathan frakes all reenacted by jonathan frakes

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
just like that time jonathan frakes invented the concept of quantum information or a qubit

oh wait that was benjamin schumaker, eh close enough

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
asylum's 'titanic 2' has nothing on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uervktH6Ahs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Mr. Meagles posted:

In the old expanded universe, there was a guy with a custom lightsaber that had a button on it that could make the blade suddenly shoot out twice as long as normal. So like you're fighting and you get it up under the other guy's neck and he's pushing back hard and it's all dramatic and poo poo, and then you're just like ZOOP and it goes straight through the top of his head.

I feel like there are a lot of variations on this concept that would all work in a fight at least once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'm on my phone, someone please post the lightsaber knee and elbow guy