Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

ecureuilmatrix posted:

I think it's mostly the combustion? from looking at GIS "burnt car", that orange isn't rare after fire

Yep. Local kids used to burn out stolen cars on the waste ground near the place I grew up. No idea what chemical reaction was in play but even the fresh ones looked like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Yep. Local kids used to burn out stolen cars on the waste ground near the place I grew up. No idea what chemical reaction was in play but even the fresh ones looked like that.

Iron rusts a lot faster when it's hot.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Concerned Citizen posted:

i can't find any corroboration for this at all, i don't see when ukraine has advanced that far.

So it is nighttime in Ukraine, and the Russians might have abandoned the west side of the Dniepr after a week of prep just like they did in Kyiv last Thursday night. Maybe some stragglers got caught. I'll wait for confirmation though. What is the track record for this Twitter account?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
War criming continued
:nws: https://mobile.twitter.com/Liveuamap/status/1511382122845589511

Harrowing account of RU shooting a 78 year old woman who was left to bleed out on the street
https://mobile.twitter.com/ronzheimer/status/1511409104354480130

:canada: continuing heavy lift logistics, quietly doing a much needed task
https://mobile.twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1511492011400048642

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Apr 6, 2022

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Deteriorata posted:

Look at any video of hot steel being worked and watch for all the scale flaking off it as it's hammered. That's all various oxides/sulfides/carbides forming with whatever chemicals it contacts since the heat massively speeds up the reactions. Their composition will be a little bit different than rust forming over time at room temperature since iron can oxidize to multiple degrees, but they'll eventually stabilize into similar stuff once it cools.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

God I hate to be a downer but the whole canadian Ukraine Nazi connection is really hosed. I'm glad that they're supplying Ukraine with the ability to maintain its sovereignty, but their far right have a dark historical allegiance.

Russia putting car bombs in place is pretty loving ridiculous. As that's an intentional civilian murdering device. The level of war crimes are absolutely insane. They literally meant to eradicate Ukrainian nationalism sovereignty and identity. What's more wild is the attacks on elderly people which is meant to remove the very memories of the country. That's a permanent effect on a nation. Killing it's elderly is abhorrent as they hold the stories of it's existence. Luckily for Ukraine it's Independence was only 31 years ago. Which means people over 38 remember it. Maybe even younger but this is a good generalization.

A national identity like Ukraine's is hard to delete, and I think the Russians misjudged the level of fervent nationalism that Ukraine has. I think they believed into their commanders/media bullshit and thought the ukrainians were just Russians in rebel oblasts, still Russian but needing a firm hand to guide it (Nazi stuff). With regard to the genocide, these fascist gangsters raped pillaged and killed everything in their path. This level of violence hasn't been experienced in Europe since Bosnia. That was quite a while ago.

I am curious of the death toll so far on the Ukrainian civilian side simply for comparison's sake. I don't want to State numbers in the Bosnian conflict as it is heavily disputed and any number I produce is going to cause outcry. So we'll just leave it as pretty brutal.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Can mentioning the Ukrainian Nazis without mentioning Russian ones be made probatable?

It’s not new, it’s biased, and it isn’t bringing any new things to light.

It’s low effort trolling as far as I can tell.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Pablo Bluth posted:

The UK MoD map for comparison.

https://twitter.com/DefenceHQ/status/1511309446730895360

Of course, it would fit would align with Russian Military Competence that the guys closest to Kherson rapidly withdraw, leaving the ones to the north-east isolated...

Not that I necessarily believe these reports, but I would not expect the UK MoD to tweet out the current battle lines in ongoing Ukrainian offensives. If its true it probably won't be reported for a couple of days yet.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Killer robot posted:

Look at any video of hot steel being worked and watch for all the scale flaking off it as it's hammered. That's all various oxides/sulfides/carbides forming with whatever chemicals it contacts since the heat massively speeds up the reactions. Their composition will be a little bit different than rust forming over time at room temperature since iron can oxidize to multiple degrees, but they'll eventually stabilize into similar stuff once it cools.

Also the alloys used in military vehicles are probably chosen for bullet stopping capability rather than corrosion resistance so it could well rust out a bit faster than whatever is used in civilian manufacturing.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
On the subject of some earlier talk about 'US intelligence assesments thought Kiev would fall quickly.' No not really, though also there wasn't much optimism to be found wrt Ukraine's long term prospects, either.

Natsec blob was generally of the belief that Kiev was in very real danger of falling and that it was not safe to operate diplomatic missions there. That is in no way 'we expect kiev to fall right away', but as an institutional thing they prepare for the worst so those were the plans they went with. More practically, the primary concern was that the security situation in kiev would be extremely dicey and that probably was a more or less accurate assessment early on.

If anyone wants to read basically where the informed end of natsec blob was at wrt Ukraine's chances, read this from mid january https://www.csis.org/analysis/russias-possible-invasion-ukraine

quote:

Russian Prospects of Success
Mechanized attacks are not always as rapid as attackers hope. Two of the quickest movements of armored forces in history—German general Heinz Guderian’s punch through the Ardennes and seizure of Dunkirk in May 1940, and the U.S. and coalition advance from the Kuwait border to Baghdad in 2003—each averaged approximately 20 miles per day. Movement against a determined foe in winter conditions with limited daylight could reduce that rate of advance significantly.

With enough troops, firepower, logistics, time, and national will, as well as no outside interference, Russia could grind forward until its military achieves the Kremlin’s political objectives. Russia’s military outnumbers Ukraine’s military in the air and on the ground, Russia gained extensive experience in conducting combined-arms operations in Syria, and the terrain favors offensive mechanized warfare. However, the true calculation of military success can only be taken after a clash of arms begins. In addition, there are several intangibles—such as weather, urban combat, command and control, logistics, and morale—that may play a significant role in the initial stages of a war.

Weather: An invasion that begins in January or February would have the advantage of frozen ground to support the cross-country movement of a large mechanized force. It would also mean operating in conditions of freezing cold and limited visibility. January is usually the coldest and snowiest month of the year in Ukraine, averaging 8.5 hours of daylight during the month and increasing to 10 hours by February.8 This would put a premium on night fighting capabilities to keep an advance moving forward. Should fighting continue into March, mechanized forces would have to deal with the infamous Rasputitsa, or thaw. In October, Rasputitsa turns firm ground into mud. In March, the frozen steppes thaw, and the land again becomes at best a bog, and at worst a sea of mud. Winter weather is also less than optimal for reliable close air support operations.

Urban Combat: While much of the terrain east of the Dnepr River includes rural fields and forests, there are several major urban areas that a Russian mechanized force would have to either take or bypass and besiege. Kiev has almost 3 million inhabitants, Kharkiv has roughly 1.5 million, Odessa has 1 million, Dnipro has almost 1 million, Zaporizhia has 750,000, and even Mariupol has almost 500,000.9 If defended, these large urban areas could take considerable time and casualties to clear and occupy. In the First Chechen War, it took Russian forces from December 31, 1994, to February 9, 1995, to wrestle control of Grozny, then a city of less than 400,000, from a few thousand Chechen fighters.10 In the Second Chechen War, the siege of Grozny also took six weeks.

Therefore, the best course of action for Russian troops would be to bypass urban areas and mop them up later. However, Kharkiv is just over the border from Russia and is a major road and railroad junction. If Russian forces did not control Kharkiv, it would seriously diminish their logistical capability to support a central thrust toward the Dnepr River and beyond. Furthermore, Kiev poses a similar challenge and, as the nation’s capital, possesses great symbolic value for whichever side holds it. Russia may be unable to avoid sustained urban combat in several major metropolitan areas (and the resulting high casualties) if it attempts more than a punitive incursion into Ukraine.

Command and Control: There is a Russian expression: “the first blini is always a mess.” In the case of an invasion of Ukraine, Russia will be conducting its largest combined arms operation since the Battle of Berlin in 1945. The 2008 Russo-Georgian War saw just five days of combat and engaged 70,000 Russian soldiers.11 In Syria, the primary maneuver forces included Syrian ground units, with help from Lebanese Hezbollah, militia forces from neighboring countries such as Iraq and Afghanistan, private military companies such as the Wagner Group, and Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps-Quds Forces. But Russia did not deploy significant numbers of conventional forces. Approximately 120,000 Russian soldiers are mobilized near Ukraine, with tens of thousands more ready to deploy into combat.12 It will be a challenge for Russian command and control to first move all of these forces into their attack positions with proper march discipline. It will also be difficult for Russia to maintain that discipline during the attack so that the massive amounts of vehicles and soldiers moving on a limited number of slippery and poor roads and often at night do not become one gargantuan traffic jam.

The coordination of airborne and amphibious assaults will prove another challenge. While airborne forces could be dropped along the Dnepr River to seize crucial bridges, how long would they be able to hold out while armored forces try to reach them over winter roads? The same applies for amphibious forces attempting to outflank Ukrainian defenses near Mariupol or to seize Odessa. Black Sea hydrography and coastal topography provide few good landing sites for amphibious forces, and once landed, they would be hard to sustain.13 Without proper coordination and rapid advance of armored forces, any airborne or amphibious assault as part of the invasion could become a “bridge or beach too far” for Russian forces. Figures 3a, 3b, and 3c highlight ships from the Russian navy’s Black Sea Fleet, including landing ships and corvettes that could be used in an amphibious assault into Ukraine.

Some of this stuff is extremely prescient

quote:

Logistics: The initial attack will likely be well supported with artillery and air support, leading to several breakthroughs in Ukrainian defenses. However, once combat units expend their initial stores of ammunition, fuel, and food, the real test of Russian military strength will begin—including Russia’s ability to sustain the advance of a massive mechanized force over hundreds of miles of territory. Kiev and the Dnepr River crossings are at least 150 to 200 road miles from the Russian border, and its army will require at least several days of fighting to reach them. Before that, they will undoubtedly have to resupply, refuel, and replace combat losses of men and material at least once, which will require an operational pause.

In his article “Feeding the Bear,” Alex Vershinin argues that there are serious logistical challenges to a Russian invasion that is supposed to roll over the Baltic states in 96 hours and present the West with a fait accompli. Russia has built an excellent war machine for fighting near its frontier and striking deep with long-range fires. However, Russia may have trouble with a sustained ground offensive far beyond Russian railroads without a major logistical halt or a massive mobilization of reserves.14 As the operational depth in Ukraine is far greater than in the Baltics, a Russian invasion of Ukraine could be a longer affair than some anticipate due to the time and distance to bring up supplies. If the invasion is not concluded quickly due to a combination of weather, logistics, and Ukrainian resistance, how might this impact Russian morale?

An extraordinarily prescient passage here

quote:

In addition, Ukraine could potentially prevent Russia from seizing and holding all or most of its territory with U.S. and other international aid. For example, Ukraine could keep most of its maneuver forces back far enough from initial Russian breakthroughs so that they are not encircled. As Russian forces advance west, Ukraine should gain intelligence to determine Russia’s main thrusts, conduct deep strikes against its supply lines to force them into an operational pause, and once they are stopped, envelop and counterattack them. Cities should hold out as long as possible. In the case of Kharkiv, railroads and bridges inside the city should be utterly destroyed prior to capitulation to further degrade Russian lines of communication. If the Russian military approaches the Dnepr River, its multiple dams could be opened and low-lying areas flooded. Airborne and amphibious assaults should be isolated immediately. Ukraine’s goal should be to prevent Russia from making any significant advances before the onset of the Rasputitsa, or thaw.

Once mechanized movement is ground to a halt by mud and supply problems, airborne and amphibious pockets can be eliminated, and Ukraine will have had enough time to mobilize and deploy its approximately 900,000-man reserve force. Hopefully, international aid will also begin arriving in the form of weapons systems to prevent Russia from achieving air superiority over Ukraine and allowing it to continue to strike deep into the Russian army’s rear to attrit reinforcements and supply lines. As weeks turn into months, international economic and financial sanctions should begin to take effect. The Kremlin would then be faced with a long war, on the battlefield and off it, with little end in sight.

All told, I don't think the outcome was entirely surprising, though Ukraine overperformed and had some amazing breaks and Russia definitely underperformed on a bunch of levels in addition to facing all the forecasted challenges.

fool of sound posted:

I kinda suspect that the general Russia-watching elements of the intelligence/military/foreign policy think tank apparatus might have been... puffing Russia's actual capabilities a bit too. After all, their employment in their field of expertise is predicated on Russia being a threat.

Most of the informed analyses of russian military I think respected their ability to do damage more than their ability to win a war. As far as US institutional perspectives go, russia has not been a top priority really for at least 2 and nearly 3 decades. This has likely changed recently for obvious reasons. There were signs that this was shifting somewhat after 2014, but not enough to unseat WoT and, to a lesser extent, china as primary perceived opponents.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 6, 2022

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Russia definitely underperformed on a bunch of levels in addition to facing all the forecasted challenges.

“the first blini is always a mess.”

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I mean it should be a surprise to everyone. Even Mariupol which is basically a rubble pile, is still fighting on. I think the world expected the Russian artillery would circle up and destroy everything in its path. I mean I thought that was going to happen, but I also believe there was going to be a Westward movement instead of a three-pronged war. I was expecting Russian artillery would screen infantry movements and then circle wagons around towns and cities while tanks and infantry continued to move forward. However none of this happened because of Ukraine's absolute genius in terms of destroying the Russian truck army. With how things are going in the south, imagine all the kyivan troops being in the South first instead of going to kyiv. We probably would have seen a very different battlefield. All the supply and logistic issues would have continued to constrain Russian movement, sumy Kharkiv and mariupol probably would have fallen far quicker.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Burning is literally "rusting except really fast." Exploding is "rusting except faster than the speed of sound."

Oxygen is loving crazy.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Shifty Pony posted:

iirc declaring "no prisoners" or "no quarter" is a war crime, so let's really hope it is puffery from a Twitter account known to stretch the truth into taffy.

You’re in luck, this is a trashy aggregator account.

MikeC posted:

So it is nighttime in Ukraine, and the Russians might have abandoned the west side of the Dniepr after a week of prep just like they did in Kyiv last Thursday night. Maybe some stragglers got caught. I'll wait for confirmation though. What is the track record for this Twitter account?

Bad enough, juxtaposed with frequency of mention here, that it sits in its own category of unreliable accounts in the OP.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
https://twitter.com/maxfras/status/1511307449457954820

The absolute only way I can read this is: Russia engaged in mass executions of civilians in Sumy and does not have time to cover the fact up

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Kavros posted:

The absolute only way I can read this is: Russia engaged in mass executions of civilians in Sumy and does not have time to cover the fact up

Yup, someone is afraid of what people are going to find. Projection.

:smith: This is not going to be good.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Even a perfectly altruistic military analyst with no motivation for continued employment or increased military expenditures would feel much more pressure to round estimates of enemy strength up rather than down. That's just since the cost of underestimating a rival nation's military/weapons systems are far higher than that of overestimating it. The only kind who benefit from telling themselves or others that the enemy is weaker than they look are those who feel they won't be personally endangered by a splendid little war.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Kavros posted:

I'm confused - I thought Russian troops never took Sumy.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

smug n stuff posted:

But they took the surroundings. Its a town of 300k at its peak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sumy#:~:text=On%2024%20February%202022%20the,resulting%20in%20heavy%20urban%20fighting.

Worth noting that Sumy is one of the places that they attempted to evacuate people through humanitarian corridors to Russia. Wonder if they all made it...

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 6, 2022

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

smug n stuff posted:

Outskirts and encirclement usually Create war crimes

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

smug n stuff posted:

I suspect someone is confusing Sumy oblast and Sumy city, but Idk.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

freeasinbeer posted:

Can mentioning the Ukrainian Nazis without mentioning Russian ones be made probatable?

That would not be a useful rule. The rules we have currently are sufficient to address currently observed flavours of low contribution posts.

Their post seems to randomly mention Canadian Ukrainian diaspora, which is how a lot of their posts go in this thread. In my view, that diaspora is about as relevant to this thread as Russian programmers Thailand are.

the popes toes posted:

“the first blini is always a mess.”

I hate that translation, since blini is plural.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

CommieGIR posted:

But they took the surroundings. Its a town of 300k at its peak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Sumy#:~:text=On%2024%20February%202022%20the,resulting%20in%20heavy%20urban%20fighting.

Worth noting that Sumy is one of the places that they attempted to evacuate people through humanitarian corridors to Russia. Wonder if they all made it...

Sure - but clearly the tweeter either has no idea what he's talking about w/r/t "the ukrainian army has not re-entered Sumy yet," or he's communicating very poorly. Not an important point obviously, just got confused.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

smug n stuff posted:

Sure - but clearly the tweeter either has no idea what he's talking about w/r/t "the ukrainian army has not re-entered Sumy yet," or he's communicating very poorly. Not an important point obviously, just got confused.

What he means is that the Ukrainian army has not reentered the city yet. The Russian troops besieging the city appear to have left, but there hasn't been any mop-up operation yet.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

Deteriorata posted:

What he means is that the Ukrainian army has not reentered the city yet. The Russian troops besieging the city appear to have left, but there hasn't been any mop-up operation yet.

... who do you think was defending the city?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

FishBulbia posted:

The Russians did take the outskirts of the city. You don't have to be in the city center to pull a massacre on some of the city.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCrCJ7HwpQA

I have no idea whether these are real conversations or not (apparently intercepts from the Security Service of Ukraine) but if these conversations on this channel are real....I ended up laughing... I also feel bad for laughing after. Wouldn't gold diggers target guys with fatter wallets? Or are Russian soldiers actually paid ok?

Maybe harvested calls from this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/%D0%A1%D0...%D0%B8/featured

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

FishBulbia posted:

The Russian forces appear to have vacated the area, but no one has confirmed it yet. Sumy remains disconnected from the rest of Ukraine until external forces link up with the defenders. Roads need to be swept for mines before they can be used, railroad tracks need to be inspected as well. Sumy is still isolated, if not besieged.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

freeasinbeer posted:

I'm a little confused as I practically call Russia the nazi menace in about 95% of my posts.

Sorry that I didn't mention Russian Nazis in this specific post but I would think talking about Russian loving war crimes for the next 3 paragraphs following would have explained my stance on the issue.

Edit upon further reading my post I also notice this:

[Quote] thought the ukrainians were just Russians in rebel oblasts, still Russian but needing a firm hand to guide it (Nazi stuff). With regard to the genocide, these fascist gangsters raped pillaged and killed everything in their path. This level of violence hasn't been experienced in Europe since Bosnia. That was quite a while ago.
[\Quote]

I literally mentioned both that the Russians are fascists and loving Nazis in the post you're claiming I only mentioned Ukrainian Nazis.

So you didn't even read my post past the first paragraph and whipped up a let's probate this guy for something I didn't read.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Apr 6, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/krafttea/status/1511427154453663754

Looks like we have the impossible to verify story of the week served early this time around. This is being suggested as a reason for his absence, and will probably trigger a couple of Twitter threads or extra articles by weekend.

MikeC posted:

Or are Russian soldiers actually paid ok?

Normally not really, unless you’re around Moscow, with nukes, senior officer, or deployed abroad. Their reputation in Ukraine almost exclusively stems from Sevastopol officers being paid really well, at least until 2014.

No idea how and what any of them receive in the current conditions, though.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Deteriorata posted:

That's why high temperature welding has be done in the presence of an inert gas

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

China I could see, but Russia asking N Korea to borrow a cup of missiles? They can't be serious.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I find it amusing that due to this Ukraine will be more nationalistic and pro-“West” than ever.

Before this war Zelensky was very unpopular. Now he’s reached deity levels.

There’s going to be at least an entire generation or two (or three) with a furthering hatred of Russia.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Looks like we have the impossible to verify story of the week served early this time around. This is being suggested as a reason for his absence, and will probably trigger a couple of Twitter threads or extra articles by weekend.

Yeah, I'd take that with a pretty big grain of salt--the source appears to be this guy:

quote:

Leonid Borisovich Nevzlin (Russian: Леони́д Бори́сович Не́взлин; Hebrew: לאוניד בוריסוביץ' נבזלין, born 21 September 1959) is a Russian-born Israeli businessman, investor, and philanthropist.

Nevzlin occupied various high-ranking positions at Group Menatep and its subsidiary, the Yukos Oil Company. In 2003, the Russian state expropriated Yukos and began a campaign of persecution against its executives. Nevzlin was tried in absentia in Russia in March 2008, found guilty of several counts of conspiracy to murder and sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2014, the Permanent Court of Arbitration ruled in favor of Nevzlin and other Yukos shareholders, calling the actions of the Russian state "a ruthless campaign to destroy Yukos and to expropriate its assets".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonid_Nevzlin

Who doesn't seem like a particularly reliable source for this kind of information.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KillHour posted:

China I could see, but Russia asking N Korea to borrow a cup of missiles? They can't be serious.

There’s a lot of plot holes in that one, I’m only sharing it as a novelty.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I remember a week or so ago someone posting a flight-tracker picture of a plane alleged to be containing if not Shoigu, someone higher-up in the food chain over there, flying west and then turning around and heading back to Moscow. The thought then was that he was headed to Beijing for a meeting but aborted mid-flight. Wonder if this had anything to do with that?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There’s a lot of plot holes in that one, I’m only sharing it as a novelty.

That tracks pretty well as 'china wouldn't even work with Russia through a cut-out'

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
North Korea has missiles and perpetually needs hard currency due to having like a rounding error off of zero international trade. Logistics of getting missiles from North Korea to Eastern Russia are also dirt simple.

who knows about the veracity of any of that, ofc. Lavrov(?) did have a flight to China ~1-2 weeks ago that turned around half way there, though, again, who knows.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

:nms: This one's a rough read, but it's an interview with someone inside Bucha during the occupation.
https://twitter.com/JamesAALongman/status/1511425069372817410?s=20&t=rqqmDx_9Oz0rRYVPVmMtjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Herstory Begins Now posted:

North Korea has missiles and perpetually needs hard currency due to having like a rounding error off of zero international trade. Logistics of getting missiles from North Korea to Eastern Russia are also dirt simple.

who knows about the veracity of any of that, ofc. Lavrov(?) did have a flight to China ~1-2 weeks ago that turned around half way there, though, again, who knows.

Just a big LOL of Russia accidentally buys fake missiles filled with heroin from north Korea. I'm sure the commanders that received the loving just broke missiles will end up selling it and not saying a word.