Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
sorry for ramble, my favourite high is clicking with a new tool to make stuff using existing interests and skills.

year or two when someone got me to try blender i got friggin hooked and that learning high was probably one of the best things i've felt in years and this is the first whiff of that dragon i had in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gaius Marius posted:

3d game bad
2d game better
Why not a 1d game?
Science doesn't have all the answers

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

?????????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's a game about a line, a 1D game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In "Everything" you can enter one-dimensional space

Edit: I guess this depends, are strings one-dimensional

My only encounter with Strings has been: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, a PBS documentary I watched once, and Everything

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Apr 6, 2022

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
one everything hyper-bagel please

im pro polydimensional geometry

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

sorry for ramble, my favourite high is clicking with a new tool to make stuff using existing interests and skills.

year or two when someone got me to try blender i got friggin hooked and that learning high was probably one of the best things i've felt in years and this is the first whiff of that dragon i had in a while

I know what you mean. As a kid I got so much joy out a free vector graphics program that came on a PC magazine CD (Canvas 6, but I ended up spending more time with Canvas 8, which was just a demo, but besides asking you for the key at boot, worked like the full program). That sparked a lifelong interest in graphic design.

It's a pity my brain's been replaced with a cabbage in the intervening years.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought 1 dimensional was just a point

e: or was that 0 dimensions?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought 1 dimensional was just a point

e: or was that 0 dimensions?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shutting up and standing still is a fun 1D game, the D in this case being time

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you Rinkles :)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

I know what you mean. As a kid I got so much joy out a free vector graphics program that came on a PC magazine CD (Canvas 6, but I ended up spending more time with Canvas 8, which was just a demo, but besides asking you for the key at boot, worked like the full program). That sparked a lifelong interest in graphic design.

It's a pity my brain's been replaced with a cabbage in the intervening years.

if i have no other song stuck in my head, one of my default brain noises when working on computer is mario paint music because that was my first like, digital art tool as a kid until later one when we had computers and stuff around with ms paint or kidpix or the weird ones before those

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I just killed three Hinox brothers and stole their balls to open a shrine. Somehow breath of the wild just keeps getting better.

I hope Sidon isn't too mad at me for loving off instead of saving the water tribe :ohdear:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
SOMA's really boring

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Turn the monsters back on

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Khanstant posted:

if i have no other song stuck in my head, one of my default brain noises when working on computer is mario paint music because that was my first like, digital art tool as a kid until later one when we had computers and stuff around with ms paint or kidpix or the weird ones before those

Downloading UE5 and SNES music rips of the Mario Paint music right now, thanks for inspiring me!

not even kidding it sound like a great friggin time

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Matrix City Test is pretty, you can see the nanite stuff in action a little more though. like around your character is almost this halo that looks like jpeg artifacting, but really it's just parts of the image at a different level of resolve for that frame. You can also really see pedestrians go from n64 goldeneye faces to character-creator as they approach you. and as good as things can look, in motion i think it's a little too fuzzy or blurry or staticy, idk what to call it, but going from motion to stopping to looking in a new direction always feels like you're refocusing your eye. plus got big stutters or brief freezes if you go to fast or suddenly look in a busy direction or fly high up and it's rendering a bajillion little things. in a real game they usually cap and lock your movement to avoid that kind of buffering or streaming but i was more expecting it to go super low-res blurzy before stuttering. maybe just becauses it running raw from the game editor?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

We ready for that runback come GOTY time.

I'm not going to buy it again but i heartily encourage anyone who hasn't bought it once to do so, perhaps even play it

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Jay Rust posted:

Turn the monsters back on

You can turn them off? I'm playing on normal. The monsters are not the issue though, it feels like the game is stretched out, there's nothing really interesting to do gameplay-wise and I'm at a point in the story where it just feels like a goose chase.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

idk I’ve never played it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s a Frictional game so that means it’s all in the atmosphere and tension, your actions are limited even compared to the amnesia games since there’s no fear management mechanic

Other than the periodic monster avoidance bits it’s a walking simulator that tells a really good sci-fi story

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

I'm not going to buy it again but i heartily encourage anyone who hasn't bought it once to do so, perhaps even play it

I would but I probably wouldn’t like it. Unrelated but you should buy disco elysium

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I do hope that it’s easy to get creative with UE5/Nanite, but I have a slight fear that we might see a lot of games that just looks like a prettier Far Cry world, all with the same American Midwest color palette

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ymgve posted:

I do hope that it’s easy to get creative with UE5/Nanite, but I have a slight fear that we might see a lot of games that just looks like a prettier Far Cry world, all with the same American Midwest color palette

Apparently Nanite doesn't yet work with foliage (I think because of transparencies), so maybe more concrete jungles than far cry jungles

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ymgve posted:

tbh a lot of open world games with realistic graphics kind of already look p similar anyway, least in terms of meshes and geometry, gotta do something else stylistic to make em have their own character.

still, will be funny if we start seeing games using megascans assets, almost like spotting a wilhelm scream or whatever. real game nerds recognize rock_desert_mesa_bouldercluster02, no matter what scale, texture, or tint devs give it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Maybe it's my shameless and boundless love for New Vegas, but yeah I kinda dig Matthew Perry's performance in it. There's some off reads but when it works, especially in the opening, it works.

Also this might be me making excuses but I feel like even the iff reads kind of work in that he's a sociopathic wasteland tribal pretending to be what a 200 year head in a jar CEO remembers gangsters being like.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

F-Zero is a 1D game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

wuggles posted:

F-Zero is a 1D game

That's more true of more modern "3D" Sonic games than f-zero because you still need to manage your speed in f-zero to take turns

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Picross is a 0-D game

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Cis Yuri VNs are 0D games

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Game is a 0D game

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SeXReX posted:

Cis Yuri VNs are 0D games

Counterpoint

What about large boobs.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Counterpoint

What about large boobs.

How could I be so foolish as to not consider big mommy milkers.

Once again foiled by my preclivity for rear end

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Now do the 4th.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

4D: seat moves

5D: fog machine and maybe some water gets splashed on you. Smellovision?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1511673357644742656?s=20&t=YQoi0MSaptu4pzOZLIeGBQ

Ubisoft has ceased updates for Ghost Recon Breakpoint and assures the owners of its now worthless NFTs that they own a piece of history

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
By reading this post you now have an NFT if it. Signed and dated. History.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Press N F T to pay respects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

External Organs posted:

By reading this post you now have an NFT if it. Signed and dated. History.

NFTs but you have to pay extra to view ones that haven't been traded in over 6 months