Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
We really need an emote for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

Oh hey, they gave Louis CK a Grammy. I wonder if his album has that bit where he complains that we can't use the R-word anymore.

loving cancel culture!

Oh cool they're even trying to imply the poo poo about Louis CK might not be true.

Edit: had a tweet pointing out that this

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1510772466397892614?s=20&t=DWnGMY8iy_VKz748rAgYvQ

Is a misleading headline because they aren't allegations, Lois CK admitted to everything. Tweet was deleted, but here's the NY Times article with Louis CK's initial statement where he says everything was true.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/arts/television/louis-ck-statement.html

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 4, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Ehh I think that can be read as making it clear that it's the first special since the behavior was made public, via allegations, rather than the first special made since the behavior itself.

The article itself is very clear about him admitting it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Martman posted:

Ehh I think that can be read as making it clear that it's the first special since the behavior was made public, via allegations, rather than the first special made since the behavior itself.

The article itself is very clear about him admitting it.

Saying "allegations" implies there's a question about if it's true or not. Everyone reads the headline, maybe some people read the first paragraph. after that like twelve people read the rest of the article.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

How would you phrase it when describing the same timeline in a headline? I don't think the implication is as strong as you're arguing, but I do think it would be good to avoid making that interpretation possible.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

revelations?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
"Scandal" is a solid word.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Standard CYA journalism, legal probably insisted since there's never been a conviction.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

'Since admitting sexual misconduct'?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If he admitted it in the context of his comedy special does that count or could he pull some bullshit “no the character of Louis CK that I play on stage only admitted to that, I have admitted to nothing” thing?

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

No he admitted it in a statement/bullshit-apology

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

If he admitted it in the context of his comedy special does that count or could he pull some bullshit “no the character of Louis CK that I play on stage only admitted to that, I have admitted to nothing” thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14WE3A0PwVs

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

“Wins first Grammy since acknowledging sexual misconduct”?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

massive spider posted:

No he admitted it in a statement/bullshit-apology

then later to a cheering audience

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mr. Apollo posted:

“Wins first Grammy since acknowledging sexual misconduct”?

"Wins first Grammy since confessing to sexual misconduct"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Piece of poo poo who admitted to sexual harassment wins Grammy after whining about being cancelled for the last couple years.

Too long?

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"Sick gently caress validated by sick society"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My bad, I thought the timeline was meaningfully different between time of accusations vs. time of confession, but that article is using very very close dates. Yeah it would definitely be better to just say "since he admitted it"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

He published a document where he states

Louis C.K. posted:

I want to address the stories told to The New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.

These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was O.K. because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Is that Jackson Galaxy

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
jackson would never

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JillKrajewski/status/1510809692561416203

I am shocked.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This irl please:
https://youtu.be/HQVEteeLC3c

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
People have been talking about Jared Leto being a sexual predator for several years now and it's amazing and depressing how well someone is managing to keep the general public from noticing the numerous women talking about poo poo he did to them. People still fawn over him for being "such a great actor!".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Jared Leto started an actual cult, and like 99% of the reason people start cults is to gently caress a ton of vulnerable and easy to manipulate people.

There really is no direction a white man can fail other then up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

pentyne posted:

Jared Leto started an actual cult, and like 99% of the reason people start cults is to gently caress a ton of vulnerable and easy to manipulate people.

There really is no direction a white man can fail other then up.

And even when that's not their intention, they more often than not seem to end up getting there sooner or later.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Not to sound like I'm endorsing the man, but I don't think Jim Jones was ever accused of using his cult for sexual gratification.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
you most definitely do not gotta hand it to Jim Jones

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Skwirl posted:

Not to sound like I'm endorsing the man, but I don't think Jim Jones was ever accused of using his cult for sexual gratification.

Except for the part where he did.

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/04/25/Rev-Jim-Jones-use-of-sex-to-control-followers/6420546321600/

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's literally no cult leader you could tell me about where I would believe that sex wasn't a part of it for them.

Whether or not that's how it starts, it always ends up there.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

how naive I am that I had it in my head that Leto was cancelled for the sex crimes already, that I was genuinely surprised when Morbius came out with him as the lead. jfc.

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

He's constantly getting canceled, it just never sticks

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Jared Leto has to have some serious dirt on some bigger fish, there's no way he's just that untouchable. He keeps getting roles despite being mediocre, and they're never big enough roles for him to make any serious money so it can't just be his wealth keeping him out of trouble. Nobody in the industry really seems to like him, either, and nobody sticks up for him.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

You'd be wrong about that!

Jim Jones was married, but his wife didn't move to Guyana initially and by the time she did he basically had a rotating harem of women.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

Nobody in the industry really seems to like him, either, and nobody sticks up for him.

He has an Oscar and got SAG nominations for his weird performances in House of Gucci and The Little Things so someone has to like him.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Netflix just put up their Jimmy Saville documentary series if you want to feel sick today.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

The thing is if Leto is hitting on underage girls who he does not directly work with and are not also famous it becomes a lot harder for these things to stick to the point of damaging his career.

Kevin Spacey victims were actors, a newsreaders son, Richard Dreyfus' son, a filmmaker and production staff on the shows he was on.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

pentyne posted:

There's literally no cult leader you could tell me about where I would believe that sex wasn't a part of it for them.

Whether or not that's how it starts, it always ends up there.

Literally only one I know of was Heaven's Gate, and that's because they all (including Applewhite) castrated themselves. Which makes it extra sad because they were all just a bunch of really mentally ill people who believed their nonsense and killed themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mea culpa.