Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh gently caress Yea Steven Seagal

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh gently caress Yea Steven Seagal

A sentence nobody has said in this millennium.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I don't really like behind the bastards much any more, but the Steven Seagal episode they did with Sean baby is well worth listening to and pretty funny as well

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

If you listen to only one Behind the Bastards it should be the Seagal two parter.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've tried to get into BTB a handful of times but it's never stuck. Something about the main host's speaking cadence was just kinda unenjoyable for me to listen to and I zoned out a lot. I tried the first Kissinger episode with the Dollop guys but they didn't really contribute a ton, it was still mostly the one dude reading off quotes from books. I know they have like a million episodes and guests so entirely possible the couple I picked just didn't happen to be bangers

e: obviously I didn't try the Segal one, might give it a go sometime later

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 30, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

If you listen to only one Behind the Bastards it should be the Seagal two parter.

:emptyquote:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

flesh dance posted:

I've tried to get into BTB a handful of times but it's never stuck. Something about the main host's speaking cadence was just kinda unenjoyable for me to listen to and I zoned out a lot. I tried the first Kissinger episode with the Dollop guys but they didn't really contribute a ton, it was still mostly the one dude reading off quotes from books. I know they have like a million episodes and guests so entirely possible the couple I picked just didn't happen to be bangers

I've never heard such an uncharismatic podcast host. The voice of Nick Wiger with smugness turned up to 11.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I've never heard such an uncharismatic podcast host. The voice of Nick Wiger with smugness turned up to 11.

Lol, harsh.

Harsh but fair.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Robert Evans is a TFR goon in case people didn’t already know this

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Robert Evans is a TFR goon in case people didn’t already know this

Also wasn't he one of the main writers on Cracked.com?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Binowru posted:

Also wasn't he one of the main writers on Cracked.com?

you're thinking of cody johnston

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Alaois posted:

you're thinking of cody johnston

Evans was a writer for Cracked as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The Cosby one that began the show is good too

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Some of early eps were pretty strong, then at some point it turned very, very cringey and soy. The kissinger episodes weren't bad though honestly

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I want to live in the reality where Steven Seagal beats Diana Feinstein for a senate seat

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Digital Jedi posted:

I want to live in the reality where Steven Seagal beats Diana Feinstein for a senate seat

Four extra words in that sentence

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Digital Jedi posted:

He'd be on the path to becoming president. It would own.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

E: how did i end up in this thread

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Four extra words in that sentence

I want to live?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

"Biden's infrastructure bill will require all cars to have a spy chip with a remote killswitch. That's why I use ExpressVPN"

the gently caress

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
So I was looking through the episode list because I was recommending episodes to a friend, and it occurred to me that Jet Pack Madness is now solidly in the first half of episodes. It just feels strange to me because in my mind that's still a "late era" episode.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Jet pack madness is an exceptional episode

Also, all of the reverse dollop eps are excellent, Gareth is actually pretty good at telling a story and good at going off the script in a way that really gives things color

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I would like a compilation of all the times Dave has said "your face!" to Gareth after some horrible reveal.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

thotsky posted:

I would like a compilation of all the times Dave has said "your face!" to Gareth after some horrible reveal.

I would like a compilation of all the times Dave has told Gareth about some horrifying decision someone made based on what just happened, and Gareth then asks “why?”

That bit always kills me because Gareth has great timing with that

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

rotinaj posted:

I would like a compilation of all the times Dave has told Gareth about some horrifying decision someone made based on what just happened, and Gareth then asks “why?”

That bit always kills me because Gareth has great timing with that

That and after describing some violent spree Dave will say "he was then arrested" and Gareth has the "for what?".

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Dave always reassuring young Gareth that "it's going to be fine" when it turns out it's not going to be always a good one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Digital Jedi posted:

Dave always reassuring young Gareth that "it's going to be fine" when it turns out it's not going to be always a good one.

"he isnt gonna chop his penis off"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

(five seconds later)

So then he chopped his penis off

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

(five seconds later)

No, he didn't chop his penis off.

"HE CUT OFF HIS TESTICLEEEEEEEEEES!"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
need a supercut of “dave i gotta go.”

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grand Fromage posted:

(five seconds later)

i still think my favorites were that one and the Rube. i need to listen to more new ones.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Which episode is that?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SalTheBard posted:

Which episode is that?

Boston Corbet

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

swickles posted:

Boston Corbet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgsCkEtx4hk&t=892s

Weird Sandwich posted:

So I was looking through the episode list because I was recommending episodes to a friend, and it occurred to me that Jet Pack Madness is now solidly in the first half of episodes. It just feels strange to me because in my mind that's still a "late era" episode.

"Pretty Bird"

Also, special "piss off" to the IOC for scrubbing the broadcast version of the 1984 Olympics opening ceremony from Youtube. I loved watching that and hearing the commentators trip over themselves to describe the jetpack entrance. "Jet man. Rocket man."

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

Steven Seagal on SNL, via Gary's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/reynoldsgareth/status/1515375961142833153?s=20&t=CK1bofGANbZOrFea70Nlqg

Every bit as bad as they made it sound

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm on Seagal part 2 and gently caress why do I even know this gently caress's name he isn't even a Jean Claude Van Damme much less Stallone or Arnold.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Because Michael Ovitz in the 1980's was convinced that he could turn anybody into a star, and he was right.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

I'm on Seagal part 2 and gently caress why do I even know this gently caress's name he isn't even a Jean Claude Van Damme much less Stallone or Arnold.

Because Gary busey was really fun in under siege and seagal was also there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

well this whole thing was rather depressing