Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
i hope pink wins the inner color, but am fine with gray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I was hoping for orange/yellow I liked the Easter contrast on that.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I voted pink because it had an interesting contrast.

E; oh god it's actually leading.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 6, 2022

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Bubble gum/ cotton candy deck box is the right choice

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

No Ban List Commander VS:

https://youtu.be/W_4sYyKMtjQ

Watching Corey Baumeister try to play Commander is painful.

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 6, 2022

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

Batterypowered7 posted:

No Ban List Commander VS:

https://youtu.be/W_4sYyKMtjQ

Watching Corey Baumeister try to play Commander is painful.

I got to help Jeremy with his deck so I’m looking forward to watching this one!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Previews have started. Here is the Bant legend:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/tygaxv/snc_falco_spara_pactweaver/

E:

And from the Commander set:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/tygbhl/ncc_perrie_the_pulverizer/

E2:

There's more legendary creatures on the M:tG Subreddit. Don't wanna spam a bunch of links in the post.

E3:

Okay, this one seemed too legit not to post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/tygfpx/ncc_anhelo_the_painter/

Batterypowered7 fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 7, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Bird Demon guy seems like Atraxa's best friend

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Heath posted:

Bird Demon guy seems like Atraxa's best friend
I initially thought he just looked neat because I couldn't find actual mechanical implications for a shield counter and assumed it was just one-time fuel for his ability (they're on Pallation Accord, where they're basically just charge counters) so it's not a dead ability if you have no other counters. Once I saw Perrie and his reminder text for shield counters I was much more intrigued.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He can remove any kind of counter, so say you've got a persisting Glen Elendra Archmage flittering about and some blue Mana to spare

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Thinking about Halo Fountain:

I want to throw it in an Adeline deck since paying 2 to draw 2 on any one of your attack steps seems really nice

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I want to throw it in an Adeline deck since paying 2 to draw 2 on any one of your attack steps seems really nice

Untapping tapped creatures is nifty.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do Kiki Pod decks want a Rectorable pod? Wins through a Null Rod effect.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

This could be nasty in my Katilda deck

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

fadam posted:

Do Kiki Pod decks want a Rectorable pod? Wins through a Null Rod effect.

It might be a replacement for pod in tnt blood pod. Probably worth testing, but the 6 mana does make it harder over the 4 mans from pod

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/bomattcourier/status/1512132403497684994?s=21&t=M3oJvFfUmBF6_D0aW1iBEA

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

An Offer You Can't Refuse seems very strong.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This commander is really exciting to me, it is good with so many cards

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Devoted Druid bout to SPIKE

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Party Miser posted:

i hope pink wins the inner color, but am fine with gray.

I voted for pink and then for grey/red and I think both of the colour combos look rad as gently caress. I'll probably get one of each.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Wait why do you say th

oh

OH

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Isn't removing a counter an additional cost to casting a spell from the top of your library so you'd only get to remove one per spell?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Batterypowered7 posted:

Isn't removing a counter an additional cost to casting a spell from the top of your library so you'd only get to remove one per spell?

You could make it indestructible and just pile on all the -1/-1 on it, also if you find a way to just constantly tap untap it wouldn't you just make infinite green mana?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Jiro posted:

You could make it indestructible and just pile on all the -1/-1 on it, also if you find a way to just constantly tap untap it wouldn't you just make infinite green mana?

Indestructible stuff still gets removed to having 0 or less toughness.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Indestructible didn't stop death from -1/-1 counters.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Jiro posted:

Indestructibility doesn't stop it from dying because it has 0 toughness. You usually pair it with Melira, Vizier of Remedies, or Solemnity to generate infinite mana.

E:

There's also the {W} enchantment with Flash that turns it into a vehicle. That would let you pile on infinite counters as well.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Devoted Druid just gives you a constant source of counters so your commander is always a Future Sight, you'd have to generate the infinite G mana from it separately.

Unrelated, but if you were to remove two cards from the CEDH DDB entry for Blue Farm and add two pieces of interaction (a Gilded Drake and a Rollick in my case) where would you start? I really, really hate PITA but I know it's probably correct to run it, but I'm leaning toward removing both a PITA and a RoF.

Maybe the non-TT wheels?

fadam fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 8, 2022

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Making 1 mana per spell and being able to play from the top is still very good.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Making 1 mana per spell and being able to play from the top is still very good.

Oh, I'm not saying it's not. I just didn't know if it was good enough to make the price on Devoted Druid rise significantly.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I grabbed a nice shiny druid today just because the combo with Swift Configuration is pretty slick.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Oh, I'm not saying it's not. I just didn't know if it was good enough to make the price on Devoted Druid rise significantly.

Devoted druid is already underpriced. The UMA reprint helped keep its price down, but it's the part of a bunch of good combos and it's constantly underplayed.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
These are EXCELLENT Bant cards

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Bust Rodd posted:

These are EXCELLENT Bant cards

I may have to rebuild my Bant birds tribal deck. Feather counters, anyone?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
There was a period before getting its reprint where Devoted Druid, a common, was ~$10. The UMA reprint saved the day.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Heritage Druid is still an $8, but that's because they shifted the rarity up for the reprint, lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo Wall of Roots also! I loving love this bird and I love this rhino! Haven’t dug deep into spoilers yet but so far Capenna seems really right up my alley.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I see a lot of excitement for the Bant birb. Any love for the 3CMC Grixis guy from the actual commander product?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Heritage Druid is still an $8, but that's because they shifted the rarity up for the reprint, lol

I think part of that is the subconscious bias people feel about cards with "negative words" on them. Like, people don't like putting -1/-1 counters on their own dude, even if it's really good. (I think Maro had a bit about this, where a creature with a really bad ability, like pay 10 life to get +1/+1, tested worse than a vanilla creature of the same cost and stats.)

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Batterypowered7 posted:

I see a lot of excitement for the Bant birb. Any love for the 3CMC Grixis guy from the actual commander product?

Anhelo? Honestly, I think he could be really neat, depending upon the build, and I'm not really a Grixis kind of guy.

Right off the bat I think people are going to try an Aristocrats build, but considering he needs specifically power 2 or greater, and the usual token producers in those kinds of decks tend to make 1/1s, I'm not having high hopes for that.

I could see people trying him out in cEDH, as you could copy a Pact, first one grabbing a Thoracle, the second getting rid of the rest of your library. He can also copy counterspells as well, making him a little spicy. I can see him being the head of a very interesting combo deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Man I almost want to do Atraxa birds so I can have Breena too